Thriveworks Employee Reviews in United States

Serious issues
Credentialing specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 23, 2016
The first few weeks I loved my job, the donuts and champagne, the laid back attitude and the flexibility. But soon I realized the high turnover, lack of training and poor management created a miserable work life.
They provide little training leaving you unprepared. They promise you will ease into the workload due to the lack of training then drop huge projects on your plate that even the most experienced employees (of less than a year) can't help with. Because the department is so behind you will constantly be taking over other people's work. You ask for help or training and are told you'll be fine. It's a never ended circle, they can't keep employees because of the chaos then hire new employees just in time for the others to leave so the promise for a manageable workload is not possible.
Management: nobody communicates not with the employees and seeming not to eachother. Every supervisor will tell you something different. There's serious favoritism due to friends and family being hired probably out of desperation. They even launched online forms and didn't even tell the employees! From your first day you don't know who or how to report to a supervisor, to clock in etc because nobody shows up on time. Other reviews speak of the ceo and vp, I didn't have issues with them, and found both to be kind. Unfortunately they both don't seem to know what a mess the office is as they deal with the franchises and such. If these higher ups actually saw the problems they could fix it however my take is that they just don't know, again because of no communication.
Thriveworks is too
  more... laid back, there's no supervision or accountability which combined with the overdue work load creates a lack of motivation, and the lack of organization will make your life miserable. Also the benefits are terrible. Don't get sucked in, you'll soon realize you should've taken the other jobs you were offered that didn't appear to be a laid back paradise.  less
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor management, lack of training, unorganized
Fulfilling, respectful, encouraging work environment
Writer (Current Employee) –  onlineMay 27, 2016
I have worked for Thriveworks for several years, in different capacities. In my current role, I have a lot of interaction with upper level management, which has always been very respectful and encouraging. Thriveworks is on the cutting edge of the counseling world, and is always coming up with new ways to reach clients and engage with them in a meaningful way. I am honored to be part of the journey of this company.
Great Team / Industry Leaders
Director (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 25, 2016
Thriveworks is a great place to work. I've witnessed a lot of growth since in my time with the company. We're constantly trying to improve our services and develop new strategies for helping people in the mental health field. Our work is rewarding, but it is hard work. We have great employees here, who daily go above and beyond for our clients and franchise locations. I'm proud to be a part of this industry-leading company.
Pros
Comfortable work environment, supportive teams, creative services
Cons
parking is a little tight
Excellent Workplace!
Attorney at Law (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 21, 2016
I've worked as an attorney at Thriveworks for about 3 years now. It's grown tremendously over that period of time. The work-life balance is excellent, and it's really a pleasure to come into work. The HQ is about a 6000 square foot vintage-modern fusion space, with brick walls and high ceilings. It's an open floor plan for lots of collaboration. There's a lot of work to do, so there's always a lot of commotion. What else...lots of great things about working here. Last Christmas management rented out the downtown kids' museum--which was a blast. We usually have more than a few parties and events every year. There's always something going on--whether it's a contest of some kind, or maybe the CEO hit gift cards all over the offices to help get everyone through the doldrums of February. This year we were all to busy to take down the Christmas tree--EASTER TREE! There's champagne on Fridays (literally, 4pm). The best part of my job is the people--the people at Thriveworks are deeply passionate about their mission, and also care a lot about one another. If you're looking for a job where you can punch in, be apathetic, and punch out, you won't last here. But I believe that everyone who tries and applies themselves does great, and has a very positive and rewarding career at Thriveworks.
Pros
The people, the Culture, always something interesting going on, the HQ space itself
Cons
Lots of growth means things are always changing
Excellent work environment
Owner/Practicing LPC (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 20, 2016
Thriveworks has an excellent corporate culture. Working as an owner and practicing clinician at the Marietta location has been the best work experience of my life. I am doing the work I have great passion for, with a highly competent, compassionate and caring staff. We truly work as a cohesive team to create the most positive and beneficial experience for our clients. I am continuously challenged and supported to grow and excel in the mental health field. I'm proud to be a part of the Thriveworks family!
Great place to work and collaborate with
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 20, 2016
The location and overall atmosphere is professional and inviting, since using there services for 3 years. They are both patient and hard working. The staff make every attempt to get back to their clients. The employees and staff are professional and dedicated to helping both the franchisee and providers.
Pros
patience and experience
All about the profit, very unethical
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 7, 2016
Wow someone caught on to management... yes they write the 5 star reviews. Where to start?
Their therapist and employees at the office are always leaving, there is terrible turnover. They are focused on making money quick, therefore overworking and underpaying their staff. Their clients pay a yearly fee for "Gold Service" only every other therapist replies to emails and voicemails, there is no gold service. There are so many aspects of the business, some stay and some are just ideas that never take off. They do credentialing, and unless you hound them about your account, they really do not update you. There is a lot of turnover which makes it hard to know who to deal with. They have a billing service... wait... they had a billing service, got rid of it, got it back and got rid of it again. You CANNOT get out of a contract with them without paying but if they decide to stop doing your billing, you only get 30-60 days notice. It is only a matter of time before franchises start to blow up. They have this great concept but they do not have top notch staff that knows all the ins and outs. Most of their staff is newly out of school and often have no experience. You would think being as big as they claim to be they would be able to afford the best of the best staff to be number one. Last, don't get attached to your counselor they do not stay either.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Everyone is miserable and would leave in a second with a another offer.
Do Not Be Fooled By Positive Reviews
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 5, 2016
There is something wrong when reviews are either one star or five stars. I wonder who is writing the five star reviews? Maybe management?

I worked here for two years as a business manager (not even a counselor) and this is a horrendous company in every way. Poor management, dissatisfied employees, unhappy clients, broken promises. The concept is really good, but the execution is not. Profit-driven pressure cooker!
Pros
Near Home
Cons
Everything Else
The truth about Thriveworks...
Billing (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 26, 2015
Thriveworks as a whole is a great idea but the company is just awful. They will tell you that it is a laid back environment and room for advancement but that is far from the truth. The VPO does nothing but bark orders to everyone and sit in his office in the back and do nothing. They are nothing but demanding and expect you to give your all to them without anything in return. They may say that the schedule is flexible but they expect you to have no life other than Thriveworks. You work your tail off with little to no compensation. They are very rude and care nothing about their employees. The CEO is a great guy but the second you do something wrong (which he will find out) you are automatically forever on his bad side. The drama is just outrageous. You can never say how you feel. Everyday you will have the fear of losing your job. Management is just awful. The coworkers are awesome but that is it. Just prepare yourself. I can assure you you will not like it your first week.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
No compensation and management is terrible
Stay away from this company!
Many Titles (Former Employee) –  lynchburg, VASeptember 17, 2015
Management only cares about what will benefit them and the franchisees. If this company would actually take into account the hard work and ideas from their employees it might be an alright company. However, since they do not care that their employees are underpaid, over worked, and have wonderful ideas to help the company grow; they too will never grow to their full potential.

The VPO is the worst of them all. He only sits back and tells others what to do only because they are all tasks he would not want to do himself. He never took the time to sit with each department to figure out how the company works and offer ideas how to make each department better. He only started demanding irrelevant changes and if you weren't ok with them he made your life miserable until you left. 99% of the time the changes were for the benefit of being "money hungry" rather than for the benefit of our customers. Heaven forbid if you had more experience in a certain area, he would do anything he could to prove he was correct.

The CEO will seem to be on your side one minute, but the second you do anything wrong be prepared to be on his bad side and stay there. I never could figure out if he was the one pulling the strings for the VPO to be so horrible or if he was just allowing the VPO to run the company because he was too busy. It is impossible to work for someone when they don't appreciate what you do for them nor do they trust you.

Do not expect to have any support from management. I never understood the reason for meetings when they don't take into account anything that you say. You
  more... could prepare the best reports with data supporting an idea but because it didn't come from them it doesn't matter. The only thing that will get you through your day is your co-workers that are in the same situation as you.

The idea behind this company is a great one. But the second you focus more on money than your employees and clients you are setting yourself up for failure. Which is exactly what this company has done.

During your interview you will be sold on this "dream job". I surely hope you will not fall for it as I did. It does seem like an amazing opportunity with room for growth. I can assure you that you will regret your decision after your first week.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Compensation; Management.
Great Place to Work
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg VAAugust 11, 2015
Thriveworks is a great company to work for. The environment and coworkers are great to be around. In this job, you will need a good work ethic. It is amazing to work for a place that expects greatness from their employees. I love working here and would encourage others to do the same if considering.
Pros
Great coworkers and day goes by fast
Thriving Company Dedicated to Hard-working Employees and our Clientele
Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 10, 2015
Thriveworks has the baseline goal to provide aid to those in need. We strive to provide counsel to clientele requiring immediate appointments and wish to better our community through better behavioral health.

We are dedicated to promoting our hard-working employees with drive and offer numerous advancement opportunities to those who show the potential and ambition for it. If you want, we will provide it!

We are like family here. We love each other and are only as strong as our weakest team-member. We are always growing and are always on the path to better honing our processes to better fit the needs of those who are seeking our help.
Thriveworks is a wonderful Company!
Director (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 10, 2015
Thriveworks is an industry interrupting, growth company in a growth sector. The culture is young, dynamic, but not reckless. Management is open with all employees and values contributions and consistently demonstrates a commitment to the betterment of the employees. The benefits and work environment are stellar.
Casual, innovative and modern. Generous perks (coffee, espresso machine, snacks, catered lunches). Growing INSANELY. Leadership has really done a great job of building a fun, competitive, hard working office culture where everyone respects and likes each other.
I have over 12 yrs experience in the healthcare industry, (formerly worked for the largest employer in the area) - - I have no doubt Thriveworks was a great career move for me. I love it here!! I have small toddlers and management is extremely supportive with my demanding schedule at home.

I find it necessary to point out like all organizations, you will receive a few negative reviews. However based on the writing skills of each negative reviewer, it most certainly speaks for itself.

More on the positives, there have been four internal promotions within a month, there is a lot of room for growth and hard work is recognized. Most recently one of our employers daughter's was in a tragic accident, Sr. Leadership approved endless amounts of paid time off....this is extremely generous and unheard of in most companies. As stated above, I am truly fortunate and blessed to have found such an amazing company to work for and be a part of.
Pros
Extremely successful and rewarding Company
Cons
N/A
The truth behind Thriveworks
Billing (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VaAugust 3, 2015
Thriveworks as a whole is great premise. I have worked for the headquarters in Lynchburg where the employees here have to verify and schedule ALL appointments for every other location. The company used to show the employees respect with company lunches but then just quit. They moved to a new building and nobody has been happy since. All employees bash the upper management because of the blatant disrespect that they show to the subordinates. There is little to no training provided. The upper management is a bunch of misfits who couldn't make it at their previous jobs. Not all of them have the proper degrees either. You would expect that the Vice President of Operations would at least have more education than a Bachelors degree. They lie to you when they say that they are flexible. An employee needed to be out for a surgery and one of the managers told her that she could reschedule because they were busy that day so she walked out since they told her to cancel her pre surgery appointment. They have a red light that flashes constantly when calls are in cue. They lie with advancements and competitive salary. Several people have quit or been fired in the last few weeks. Just last week alone two people quit and 1 was fired because the doors were locked and she couldn't get in. Be weary people who apply. You will find yourself worried of losing your job each day.
Pros
Cons
The most stressful job.
Not a great place to work if you want to grow or learn.
Credentialing (Former Employee) –  lynchburg,vaJune 25, 2015
Thrivework's presents itself as an exciting, laid back company. It likes to promote that its work environment is focused on the needs of it's employees and a fun environment as long as the employees are working hard.

This is just not the case. 90% of the people that work there are unhappy with their jobs due to the immense amount of work for very little compensation, lack of training yet still receiving bad reviews or being yelled at because they aren't performing properly, unpaid overtime, impromptu meetings so that you are unprepared to present information properly.

For this position in particular, there is barely any training. What training you do receive will not adequately prepare you to do your work. The compensation is not what the national average is and is not worth your time.
Pros
bonding with coworkers
Cons
long hours for no pay, terrible work environment
A highly demanding, but professionally rewarding company with ample opportunities for self starting professionals.
Vice President of Operations (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg VAJune 15, 2015
This company is a fast paced, growth oriented organization seeking to expand its operations. Thriveworks currently has a footprint in 12 states and plans continued growth nationally. Operations are centralized in Lynchburg Virginia, consisting of a well balanced and professional workforce.

A typical day at Thriveworks consists of a reasonable but challenging workload to ensure we meet the needs of all clients, through our franchisees and corporate providers. We strive to provide quality care to each and every client, ensuring timely access to qualified and professional providers.

Learning opportunities exist daily - healthcare is an evolving and exciting industry, providing new and exciting opportunities for professional development and growth.

The CEO and senior leadership combines a solid background for organization. We encourage an appropriate work / life balance to ensure employee satisfaction. Employee engagement is a key element in our success.

The staff at Thriveworks represent the best of the best. We strive to hire qualified candidates that help us up move the company forward. We also seek strong inexperienced candidates that believe they can make a difference. The leadership in this organization will provide the training necessary to ensure success of our novice employees wanting to enter the healthcare industry.

The hardest part of the job is balancing the many opportunities presented. There is something at Thriveworks for anyone motivated enough to make a positive difference. The leadership appreciates motivated individuals seeking to make
  more... a positive difference, in the work environment as well as the clients we serve. They are always open to fresh ideas.

Although there are many enjoyable aspects of Thriveworks, the environment is laid back, but focused and one that promotes success.
Pros
Hardworking and supportive leadership team, willing to cultivate future leaders.
Cons
The workload is demanding, but can be very rewarding for those willing to work hard.
Being a part of something that matters
Manager (Current Employee) –  LynchburgMay 31, 2015
I've worked at Thriveworks for several years, and the company has grown A LOT. It basically doubles in size every year. It's a small company, but now has over 80 employees (about 40??? in Lynchburg where I work). The starting pay is competitive, but not extravagant. However, there is lots of room for advancement for those who work hard. Since I've been here, lots of people have been promoted from entry-level to manager-level roles. I think most people receive a raise at least every year. The office is now located in downtown Lynchburg, in a very cool space with brick walls and loft ceilings--I don't know of another place in Lburg with such a work environment. They used to provide catered lunch on Fridays, but don't anymore, I think because of cost with so many more people here. One thing I can say about working at Thriveworks is that you have to work hard! There is a lot to do, and the team is small enough that if you aren't pulling your weight, people notice. Day to day, it's sometimes a very busy work environment, but I think it's worth it to look back after 6 months or a year and see what we've accomplished.
Pros
Great office space, co-workers are great, management is supportive, room to be promoted
Cons
at times hectic, fairly demanding work environment
Positive environment, great growth opportunity, and a corporate vision worth buying into.
Thriveworks - Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 1, 2015
Thriveworks is a fairly young company, and so it isn't bogged down in bureaucratic red tape at every turn. That may at times result in some disorganization; but more importantly, it allows us as employees to operate with an entrepreneurial spirit and to work closely with management to innovate and implement effective ways to get our jobs done.

The nature of my work here revolves around daily interactions with clients in need of help, and so the work is definitely challenging, but it is also rewarding. I've found that the employees here who find this type of work rewarding are the ones with a positive attitude who focus on finding solutions to our clients' problems rather than dwell on the challenges inherent in a quickly expanding company.

Of course Thriveworks isn't perfect... I've yet to find a company that is, but overall Thriveworks provides a positive environment, great growth opportunity, and a corporate vision worth buying into.
Pros
Caring management with a real vision to impact others, great opportunity for career advancement, challenging but rewarding work.
very unorganized
multiple jobs (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg,vaJanuary 27, 2015
Thriveworks is great idea, but as a whole the structure is flawed. It's very unorganized, and there are only a few people there that can help. No real training program is available, and meetings are impromptu without any notice. The biggest issue is they expect a lot out of you with less than average compensation.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
expectation of high goals without good compansation, no room for advancement