Thunder Valley Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Okay Til you try to move up
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAApril 9, 2017
Thunder valley was a great place to start out and learn the basics of casino security. As far as advancement went while i was there, it was more of a popularity contest rather than who was best suited.
Great place to work if your not management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAApril 3, 2017
The reviews this company recieve should be taken as two parts. If the employee was salary or not. If your not salary this is a great place to work while your looking for a career. If you are salary then you have been warned. They will work you to the bone and never offer a single thanks. You will complete a 16 hour day and walk out the door only to be asked,, Leaving all ready? As salary you also lose all job security. When and if you cross or disagree with the wrong person you will be hunted until you are removed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
DONT PROMOTE TO SALARY
They don't care about you
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAMarch 28, 2017
I had an ADA HIPPA issue. I was "terminated" by someone I thought cared. Someone else was terminated because she had breast cancer and was on chemo/radiation. They don't "accommodate " since it's sovereign land.

I put my blood, sweat and tears and I get dumped like I'm a loser.

Team members were super awesome. Supervisors don't know what they are doing. If u dare to work there, do not go into a dept without a union.
Pros
Awesome team members, not supervisors
Cons
The pay is horrible for what u put into the job
Maintain Slot machines in the daily basis.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  1200 Athens Ave. Lincoln, CA 95648March 19, 2017
Beside Keeping machines in good working condition and clean from inside and outside, it's fun to work in a friendly environment, especially Interact and helping guests with their needs was my pleasure and a fun place to work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Smoke
Exciting place to work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAMarch 17, 2017
Definitely an exciting place to work and you will learn so much about casino and table games rules and regulations. Being a table games dealer also sharpens your mathematical skills.
High energy establishment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Great working with the public and co-workers. The second hand smoke, not good for the health. Long hours and lots of responsibility..
Pros
Responsibility
Cons
second hand smoke
Avoid working here at all costs
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAFebruary 1, 2017
When I first was hired, it was a good place to work at. Upper management at least gave little trinkets of appreciation. Over the years the extras disappeared, bonuses, selection of food in the break room, moral is very low, you can probably get a better starting wage and not have to wait three years to top out elsewhere. All management cares about is how to squeeze the most labor out the worker bees and money from the customers pockets. The restructuring of departments, shifts and pay is hurting moral and take home pay. The place is not done eliminating positions to save those extra pennies.
Pros
Free "food"
Cons
Low moral, no job security or advancement
Great Job Opportunity
Executive Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 20, 2017
This was a great place to be employed. It allowed many different job opportunities and skill advancements. It allowed great interaction with coworkers and customers.
Not a good job
Banquets House Person (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJanuary 18, 2017
My job as their was on call and sometimes I would work 40 hour weeks and other weeks I would work 8 hours or not even work at all. Free food was a pro
it was a good experience work place
Slot Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Thunder Valley, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Hardest part of this job is going to school full-time and working only as an on-call employee. The work place is not flexible with the hours the words they promised. Not all department followed the same rules. Most enjoyable part of this job is my coworkers. Every department has different rules on signing in sheets. Many people got let go due the the fact that they accidentally put down the wrong time when you actually swipe in with your badge. best money making is slot or dealer.
Pros
you get free lunch
Cons
watch what you eat in the tdr because you will get food posion
Managable
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CADecember 22, 2016
Fun and fast paced environment. Great opportunities for advancement and to move forward in different departments. Friendly management and helpful employees
Pros
Free paid meal breaks
Cons
Doesn't quite work with schedules
Job security, great company.
Lead Grill/ Sauté Cook (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAOctober 19, 2016
Great company to work for, no complaints. Learned many new skills in my profession, great culture and coworkers. The team dining room could use a refresh but as a free service, not bad.
fun place
Casino Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAOctober 19, 2016
a typical day at work is meeting different people and learning something new. Management and co-workers are very friendly and very helpful , the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
non
Stable employment with good benifits.
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CASeptember 23, 2016
I worked in the hotel- guest services. Great co-workers, 1 hour paid lunches that are provided in the team dinning room. If you work in the casino you are surrounded by smoke all day. Management is ruthless, everything has a consequence.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
smoke, stricked
Working in a fast paced, upbeat work environment
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CASeptember 15, 2016
Start off with being assigned to a table game, sometimes it would be a blackjack table, other times would be their specialty carnival games. I learned how to deal with difficult guests, ensuring that payouts are made quickly and accurately. I had great supervisors who taught me to be a better table games dealer. The hardest part would be the hours since I wasn't used to swing shift but I loved working with everyone and getting to know the guests.
Pros
Free lunch, early outs
Cons
Hours, smoke
A great place to grow your skills
Guest Services, Valet, Luggage Delivery (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CASeptember 14, 2016
Thunder Valley Resort is a great place to grow. The pay is very reasonable, the work is not very difficult, and the benefits are amazing. I would strongly recommend working here.
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJuly 6, 2016
Housekeeping department down right horrible. They were going to fire me over a picture of two girls eyes poked out, that i didn't do. Before they fired me for it i resigned. To much drama, they never need any proof they dont like you management will find some way to let you go especially if your on the old contract. They work your butt off, and don't care if your sick, or death in family. Management doesn't even care that there girls are making dirty beds...never stay there or work there NOT WORTH THE STRESS!!!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Works you to death, drama, stress, hard work
I liked working here
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJune 23, 2016
I like the work environment and the atmosphere of the casino. I also aquired great buisness skills. My coworkers were very helpful in getting me situated.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
distance traveled to work
worst company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAApril 4, 2016
The Management in the housekeeping department are the worst ever. I got sick with Flu and submitted Medical Certificate but the department ignored it. Even the HR ignored my medical certificate. They charged me with a lot of points.
Great people to work with..
Status Board Operator for the Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Make boards for housekeepers and house persons and leads. Take all calls into the housekeeping dept.
Learned the opera program and how to use it.

Loved my co workers great bunch of people.

Hardest part of job it could become stressful when i had 5-6 calls on hold.

I enjoyed doing things to make co workers and management days easier
Pros
They feed us lunch and we worked basically 7 hrs got paid for 8
Cons
only one break a day which made it hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thunder Valley Casino Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval