Thunder Valley Casino Resort Employee Reviews in United States

worst company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAApril 4, 2016
The Management in the housekeeping department are the worst ever. I got sick with Flu and submitted Medical Certificate but the department ignored it. Even the HR ignored my medical certificate. They charged me with a lot of points.
Excellent Casino
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJanuary 28, 2016
I was employed at Thunder Valley Casino Resort. It's one of the most popular and busiest environment due to the popularity. They provided training for the inexperience employees. The schedule fits my needs. The benefits are great, they also provide training when an employee get an promotion. Management are good. The casino have variety of ethnicity. Everyone are treated equally.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
location
Challenging diagnostic work every day
SLOT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Day to day operation of slot and ATM machines provided new challenges. Fast paced service calls brought and sense of urgency and tested my knowledge of interesting new problems to tackle.
Pros
Solid work schedule. Benefits. Thriving company
Cons
Inflexible policies due to Union intrusion
Best job Ever
Buffet Server (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CADecember 28, 2015
I miss working for this company. They are the best in Hr. The payroll department is also great . I loved going to work everyday.
Good team environment.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CADecember 11, 2015
I enjoyed working in the entertainment field and learned many different facets of the industry. Good place for young people to work while going to school.
very fun atmosphere very friendly people, always looked forward to going to work.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CANovember 28, 2015
Overal Thunder valley has been one of the best jobs I have had. It was like working with family. Management was wonderful and everyone got a long very well. Customers enjoyed being around the dealers, a lot of laughing, joking and every one was happy at work.
Pros
free food to all employees, 6/ 20 minutes breaks in a 8 hour day
Cons
no health care for part time.
fun but not a permanent solution
Housekeeping Lead / Lead Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CANovember 1, 2015
unless you plan to stay at this company YEARS you will most likely work late hours or over night...which is not so great if you have a family. most team members are great! the best part of the job is definitely the employee buffet and the employee events. its not so great long term because even management of most departments have to work weekends, holidays, overnights or late hours
Pros
free employee buffet
Cons
bad hours
If your interested in the casino business and a smoke filled place to work
Audio Visual Technician II (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAOctober 10, 2015
Busy and loud atmosphere. Maintaining the floors audio and video components (i.e. TVs, speakers, computers)
Learned how to deal with customer complaints and large crowd gatherings. Gained some technical IT and concert production experience.
Management procedures in the AV department didn't seem to work to the benefit of the employee. Very scattered organization and discipline. Don't look to move up in the company.
One major benefit is the co-workers and the CEO. If your a social person then you'll gain many good friends and some will become like family.
Pros
Free employee food. Good benefits. Great co-workers.
Cons
Management, Unfair policy regulations, Bare minimum wage compensation, Unlikeliness to advance up in company chain.
Blah
Server, Room Runner, Host, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CASeptember 29, 2015
It is not a place you would want to work if you like your weekends and holidays off. Only ever had one day off for a holiday in the 5 years Ive worked there.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
No Holidays off
fun place to work
supervisor (Current Employee) –  lincoln,caMay 14, 2015
I advanced from the bottom into management. the hardest part of the job is the alcohol. I have learned how to deal with customer service. have lots of training
Pros
good place to work. get paid free lunches great compensation
Heavy cigarette smoke and mean co-workers.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAMarch 28, 2015
The spa is one of the most beautiful I've ever worked. Some of the co-workers were the meanest with whom I have ever worked. Heavy smoke within the casino. Horrible attendance policy. Pay is just OK.
Pros
Excellent benefits, free food.
Cons
Heavy cigarette smoke, inflexible attendance policy.
Great atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAMarch 9, 2015
I had a great time working here. The money was great. The hours and holiday working not so much. It was like a big family. I loved the events they had constantly. It was always busy and booming.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
smoke filled building.
Fun place t work
Table Games (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAOctober 29, 2014
A fun place to work, enjoy working with different cultured people. A typical day is always changing in a casino environment. Thats what makes the job fun. Challenged in very different way's. with each day that comes.
fun work environment
Cashier, Customer Service, (Current Employee) –  LINCOLN, CAMarch 10, 2014
cashier, assist guest needs
very diversified environment.
fun and co-operative co-workers
gets pretty hectic during end of the month due to inventory schedules.
joy of working at the casino.
Pros
free lunches, one hr lunch break
Cons
n/a
Fast paced fun business atmosphere
Food Beverage (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Learned that Casino's are ever changing. Management to be desired.
great work staff
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CANovember 19, 2013
Enjoyed the work, but not the hours. . . Hotel was a beautiful venue, great restaurants and bars, good entertainment
Overall Review
Count Team Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAAugust 22, 2013
- Great group of team members
- Other efficient means of production available
- Low and high contribution still result with same pay rate
- Efforts not inclusive to company-wide recognition program, only with verbal gratitude on occasion
Fun environment to work in! I met lots of great people.
Beverage Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJuly 31, 2013
A typical day at work would be to clock in five minutes before your shift started, have a meeting with the managers and other servers and bartenders, go to assigned work stations and start taking orders from the guest in your sections! At the end of the shift we tipped out the bartenders twenty percent of what we made in tips, picked up all the glassware, made sure our work stations were cleaned and ready to go for the next shift.
Pros
paid lunch break, free lunches, benefits after one month.
Cons
my shift started at 6pm and my lunch break was always at 7pm, we didn't get any other breaks the rest of the night.
Fun and busy place to work
Hotel Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJune 27, 2013
If you enjoy the casino world this is a great place to work. They also provide you with free meals.
Fun!!
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln,caMay 20, 2013
I enjoyed working with great staff and getting to see so many different people every day! I also became close to many regulars who came in more frequently.

I had a lot of fun!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thunder Valley Casino Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Thunder Valley Casino Resort Reviews by Job Title