Thunder Valley Casino Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with great pay
Gaming Specialist (Former Employee), Lincoln, CAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great Tips
Cons: Standing
This was the perfect job to demonstrate organizational skills, and execute excellence in multi-tasking, and customer service skills to a diverse clientele. This job was also fun in nature because that is what most people came to do. Even though the pay rate was not that great, the customers make it up in tips. Another great place to work, especially if you need a part time job.
Casino atmostphere in back of house setting
Slot Clerk (Former Employee), Lincoln, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: We were given one meal a day, plus breaks you could grab a snack
Cons: The place was so big you could get lost in the casino.
I enjoyed working at TV. There were a good deal of perks that I received from management.

A typical day at TV: reviewing slot machine folders for errors and filing the folder in a filing cabinet. I started working there before the casino opened. I created the filing system used for the slot machine folders. I also created the forms used in them.

I enjoyed meeting venders from many different slot machine manufacturers. Also, worked closely with the slot techs and managers. Part of my job was ordering parts and new slot machines. I have ordered slot machines and spent millions in one day.

There was never anything hard about the job. I had too much fun.
Fun with the kids
Cafe Chef (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: part-time
Cooking and prepping the kids food, Ive learned to work with the kids, management was ok, co-worker was nice and understanding.
productive fun professional work place, dealt cards for the game black jack.
Black Jack Dealer (Former Employee), Lincoln, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great experience, real respectful company
Cons: constant cigarette smoke
great job, the experience was great to gain, learned how to work with a great variety of different cultures and customers, real positive and energizing work place.. gained valuable knowledge with communication, cash handling, and customer service.
Great Benefits
Beverage Server (Current Employee), Lincoln, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: excellent health benefits, paid lunches with free meals
Cons: certain positions have no room for advancement
I have worked at Thunder Valley Casino Resort for over 8 years now. I originally started working there because it was a job that allowed me to work nights while attending college during the day. I love my job because I connect with so many different types of people throughout the workday, and get along with my co-workers as if they are family. The rules are black and white, and if you are able to follow rules, you can insure job security. The medical benefits here are also incredible, which is hard to find these days. I am not looking to leave this job because I dislike any part of it, but I just feel that in my current position there is no room for advancement and I feel that I am ready to move forward in order to utilize my professional skills in an environment that will allow me to grow as a person, as well as a professional.
Fun place to work and busy
Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee), Lincoln, CASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: busy, plenty of hours offered to work, fun enviroment
Cons: weekends, holidays, and nights were needed
Enjoyed working here. Very busy, most needed during holidays and weekends and late nights.
good people, hard work, low tips
Busser, Food Runner, Server (Former Employee), Lincoln, CAMay 10, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: tips
I worked here years ago, at thunder cafe. it was hard work in a busy casual restaurant. tips for bussers were minimal compared to servers or cocktail servers but i learned some good job skills that would serve me well in the future. it served its purpose.
Fun place to work and stays busy most of the time
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Lincoln,CAApril 14, 2014
good place to work and was very entertaining at the same time.
N/A
Housekeeping (Former Employee), lincoln ,CAFebruary 19, 2014
EXCITING,GREAT ENERGY ,AMAZING CO WORKERS I LOVED WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY .
productive workplace with a high chance for advancement
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), Lincoln, CADecember 7, 2013
Pros: kind co workers and management, high opportunity for advancement, great benefits, free lunch
Cons: short time limit per room, short or occasional missed breaks due to time restraint, lack of schedule flexibility
Typical day working in a resort hotel consisted of 10-12 assigned rooms to be cleaned in a time efficient manner. Supplying guests with any amenities to better their stay. co workers and management were kind and helpful. I gained the ability to prioritize and effectively manage my time. most enjoyable part was getting to interact and fulfill the needs of the guests. Hardest part was overcoming the time limits and gaining my own routine to properly refresh rooms.
Fun place to work
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Lincoln, CANovember 20, 2013
a typical day was monitoring and observing all movement in casino. management and co-workers was fun and great to work with. Hardest part of my job was seeing children left in vehicles while their parents gambled. the most enjoyable part was the constant excitement of the casino
Hard start.
High Steaks, Bartender (Former Employee), CAOctober 11, 2013
Pros: 1hr paid lunch, full benefits
Cons: people can be shady
I found this place to be a solid job if you have the time to put in to become a full-time team member(3yrs) if not then its a low money tough place. The management team has a great personality and can be very understanding most of the time.
fun work place
BARBACK/ BEV DEPT. TRAINER (Former Employee), Lincoln, CASeptember 5, 2013
great people to with fun things to do and i was the dept trainer
Great coworkers
Table Games Dealer/Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2013
benefits were great and place was full of fun. upper management were kind and never had any issues with any coworkers
Professional and fun workplace atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lincoln, CA.May 7, 2013
Pros: benefits were very good
Cons: being hourly and having to clock out when i wanted to stay and finish the project i was working on.
Some structured job duties as well as unstructured duties that arose randomly. I learned to be flexible due to the ever changing atmosphere at the Casino.I also learned programs specific to the engineering department. Management was ever changing as well. Had to adapt to the different management ways. Worked with my co-workers enabling them to do their jobs more efficiently. Hardest part of the job was having to change things at the drop of a hat. Most enjoyable part was interacting with co-workers and management and feeling that what I did made a difference.
Thunder Valley Review
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee), Lincoln, CAMay 3, 2013
Great place to work, enjoyed my time there, it allowed me to work on my own and I was still able to produce a high efficient amount of work done. If I could, I would recommend Thunder Valley to all my friends to work there.
At this company it was like the perfet job. Free Lunch, Great benefits, Employee apriciation events, Great 401K plan.
Asst. Executive Steward (Former Employee), Lincoln, CAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: benefits, lunch, trannings, apritiation lunches, christmas party..
Cons: i would never left this company..
I learn all of my Food & Berverage experience at this company. The leadership training were a big help on my future as a manager. also the environment was great everyone worked as a team when was needed.. Great Company to work for..
Food Restaurant Business
Shift Manager/Chef (Former Employee), Athens, CaliforniaMarch 6, 2013
A very competitive casino with regard to customer service and quality of food. Food will not be served without first checking by the sous chef. Quality is the utmost priority of this casino.
Great place to work for..
Gift Shop Attendant (Former Employee), Lincoln,Ca.February 10, 2013
Pros: the people you work with and quests
Cons: there are no cons
I loved this job...I wish I never quite this job to move out of state...I would love to work here again..I would recommend to anyone to apply therel....
Very relaxed and fun to be
In Room Dining (Current Employee), Lincoln, CAOctober 28, 2012
Pros: free lunch, great benefits, specific employee parking
Cons: short staffed, hours
Typical day organize kitchen/work stations. Complete any side work incomplete from previous shifts. Take guests orders over the phone and deliver to guests room or other outlets. Management was very nice and professional, but I feel like they try to be your friend too much. I would rather have a manager than a friend. Hardest part of the job would be dealing with difficult guests, but if I couldn't take care of it on my own I would ask for assistance from a supervisor. The most enjoyable part of working there would be meeting so many different people every day and the employees are great to work with always have a great attitude and easy to interact with.