Thunder Valley Casino Employee Reviews

enjoyed working with my co-workers
Café Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CADecember 9, 2016
Great experience. Hardest part of the job is working holidays, odd hours, and smoke environment. Management team is great, co workers were the best part of my job.
great
Status Board Operator (Housekeeping Department) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CANovember 24, 2016
working at the casino requires a lot of patience. There is not EVER A SLOW DAY. As long as you can keep up with the pace you'll be fine. if not this isnt the job for you.
Not bad
Porter/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJune 30, 2016
For the most part, all members of management that I met were pleasant and helpful. The pay was fair, nothing flashy but not bad. Other employees were good as well.
Pros
Union, free and paid lunch every shift.
Cons
Fluxuating hours unless you're full time.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAMarch 21, 2016
Management explained what was expected and employees were responsible for following all rules and there were no exceptions. I learned to pay close attention to all the details involving my job.
Pros
free lunches and lots of hours
Cons
sometimes I wouldn't leave work until 3 or 4am, so the hours
Great Benefits
CHEF (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Fast-paced environment, great team work, and an awesome head Chef. The actual training that takes place on the job is very informal and hard to adapt to for slower learners.
custodian job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2015
Great workplace for people who don't mind being on there feet bending, standing, pushing up to 20lbs for long periods of time. Most enjoyable is working alongside with my co workers and learning from them. This is a big company and is crowded everyday, often difficult to get the work done. It was challenging but great to experience.
Pros
free lunch, paid breaks/full 8 hours
Cons
management has high expectations
Productive and Enjoyable Environment
Banquet / Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAAugust 14, 2015
I enjoyed working and learning new obstacles. Learning new ways of working from my fellow co-workers. I learned how to use the machines and diffenert techniques on how to go at a faster pace to get the job done.
Fun place to work with great pay
Gaming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJune 25, 2015
This was the perfect job to demonstrate organizational skills, and execute excellence in multi-tasking, and customer service skills to a diverse clientele. This job was also fun in nature because that is what most people came to do. Even though the pay rate was not that great, the customers make it up in tips. Another great place to work, especially if you need a part time job.
Pros
Great Tips
Cons
Standing
Casino atmostphere in back of house setting
Slot Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAApril 29, 2015
I enjoyed working at TV. There were a good deal of perks that I received from management.

A typical day at TV: reviewing slot machine folders for errors and filing the folder in a filing cabinet. I started working there before the casino opened. I created the filing system used for the slot machine folders. I also created the forms used in them.

I enjoyed meeting venders from many different slot machine manufacturers. Also, worked closely with the slot techs and managers. Part of my job was ordering parts and new slot machines. I have ordered slot machines and spent millions in one day.

There was never anything hard about the job. I had too much fun.
Pros
We were given one meal a day, plus breaks you could grab a snack
Cons
The place was so big you could get lost in the casino.
Fun with the kids
Cafe Chef (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 24, 2015
Cooking and prepping the kids food, Ive learned to work with the kids, management was ok, co-worker was nice and understanding.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
part-time
productive fun professional work place, dealt cards for the game black jack.
Black Jack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAFebruary 18, 2015
great job, the experience was great to gain, learned how to work with a great variety of different cultures and customers, real positive and energizing work place.. gained valuable knowledge with communication, cash handling, and customer service.
Pros
great experience, real respectful company
Cons
constant cigarette smoke
Great Benefits
Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJanuary 21, 2015
I have worked at Thunder Valley Casino Resort for over 8 years now. I originally started working there because it was a job that allowed me to work nights while attending college during the day. I love my job because I connect with so many different types of people throughout the workday, and get along with my co-workers as if they are family. The rules are black and white, and if you are able to follow rules, you can insure job security. The medical benefits here are also incredible, which is hard to find these days. I am not looking to leave this job because I dislike any part of it, but I just feel that in my current position there is no room for advancement and I feel that I am ready to move forward in order to utilize my professional skills in an environment that will allow me to grow as a person, as well as a professional.
Pros
Excellent health benefits, paid lunches with free meals
Cons
Certain positions have no room for advancement
Fun place to work and busy
Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CASeptember 28, 2014
Enjoyed working here. Very busy, most needed during holidays and weekends and late nights.
Pros
Busy, plenty of hours offered to work, fun enviroment
Cons
weekends, holidays, and nights were needed
good people, hard work, low tips
Busser, Food Runner, Server (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAMay 10, 2014
I worked here years ago, at thunder cafe. it was hard work in a busy casual restaurant. tips for bussers were minimal compared to servers or cocktail servers but i learned some good job skills that would serve me well in the future. it served its purpose.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
tips
Fun place to work and stays busy most of the time
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lincoln,CAApril 14, 2014
good place to work and was very entertaining at the same time.
N/a
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  lincoln ,CAFebruary 19, 2014
Exciting,great energy ,amazing co workers I loved working for this company .
productive workplace with a high chance for advancement
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CADecember 7, 2013
Typical day working in a resort hotel consisted of 10-12 assigned rooms to be cleaned in a time efficient manner. Supplying guests with any amenities to better their stay. co workers and management were kind and helpful. I gained the ability to prioritize and effectively manage my time. most enjoyable part was getting to interact and fulfill the needs of the guests. Hardest part was overcoming the time limits and gaining my own routine to properly refresh rooms.
Pros
Kind co workers and management, high opportunity for advancement, great benefits, free lunch
Cons
short time limit per room, short or occasional missed breaks due to time restraint, lack of schedule flexibility
Fun place to work
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CANovember 20, 2013
a typical day was monitoring and observing all movement in casino. management and co-workers was fun and great to work with. Hardest part of my job was seeing children left in vehicles while their parents gambled. the most enjoyable part was the constant excitement of the casino
Hard start.
High Steaks, Bartender (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 11, 2013
I found this place to be a solid job if you have the time to put in to become a full-time team member(3yrs) if not then its a low money tough place. The management team has a great personality and can be very understanding most of the time.
Pros
1hr paid lunch, Full benefits
Cons
people can be shady
fun work place
BARBACK/ BEV DEPT. TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CASeptember 5, 2013
great people to with fun things to do and i was the dept trainer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thunder Valley Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2