Thunderbird School of Global Management Employee Reviews in United States

Globally Minded Colleagues
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2015
Thunderbird aims to create a culturally rich and internationally diverse atmosphere for its students. These traits are mirrored in its faculty and staff. Like minded individuals choose to work at Thunderbird for opportunities to explore the world and make a positive impact through global business education.
Pros
Opportunities for travel. Working alongside international students and staff.
Cons
Job security and ambiguity due to recent merger.
Fun and easy to learn
Mail Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 12, 2015
Every morning I would go into work at 8am. I go to the post office at 8:30 to pick up any mail and packages for the campus. I get back to campus and sort through all the mail, between students and faculty. FedEx and UPS drop off packages and I sort through those as well. I deliver the mail/packages everyday twice a day, once at 11am and again at 2pm. I'd drop off any mail and pick up whatever the department had. At 3:30 I drop off all of the off-campus mail and packages to the post office again.
Pros
Laid back, easy to learn
Cons
None.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, ArizonaApril 17, 2015
My job is to greet our guests with a smile and a warm welcome and when they leave a fond farewell. I personalize and anticipate their needs. My co-workers are wonderful. My boss is great and I love working here. Our guests come form all over the world and I have made many friends over the years.
Nice place to work
Maintenance tech, Sr. Plumber (Current Employee) –  59th ave and GreenwayApril 2, 2015
Its a nice place to work, but no chance of advancement unless your good friends of the boss. I take on more work then most, but they don't want to compensate me for what I do around here. Almost all new hires get paid more than I do and I have been here a lot longer.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
No advancement
Being absorbed by ASU
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 2, 2014
TSGM is being aborbed by Arizona State University this month. That means between now and June 2015 about 80% of staff and faculty will be RIF'ed. TSGM as it exists today will be gone on Dec 19th.
Pros
reasonable pay rates, coworkers generally nice
Cons
no job security
Professional yet fun place to work at
On line tutor (Current Employee) –  Glendale AZSeptember 18, 2014
Professional fun place to work at and will continue to work there if at all possible...
Interesting cultures, and coworkers
Payroll/AP Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85306August 21, 2014
A typical day is fast paced. Working on payroll, entering vouchers, answering questions, creating reports. Everyone always needed it yesterday. I amaze myself at times at how I can flip back and forth and jump to one job to another.
I seem to learn something new everyday. If it is in researching an item, or creating something new, or just talking with our Non USA students.
My management and coworkers are great team players. We work together like harmony and melody. Everyone is always willing to go the extra mile to help a coworker.
The hardest part of my job is teaching the foreign students how to do their time card, making them understand deadlines, and the different aspects in accounting and payroll at school. This is also my most enjoyable time too. I get to interact with unique nationalities, and cultures.
Pros
benefits, team building recreaction, employee events, tem lab
Cons
no pay increases in years, no possible job promotions
Great Family Atmosphere
MBA Program Director (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 20, 2014
Great place to work, the success of a large university, with the feel of a small community.
Thunderbird School of Global Management Summary
TSG Office Manager/Student Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 28, 2014
Thunderbird School of Global Management is in serious financial trouble. I am concerned the school will close.

I love my job and I love working with the students. The staff is a joy with whom to work.
The workplace is my MBA school.
Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 2, 2014
The student consultant assignments were part of the elective courses I had taken at my school.
Pros
real life work experience.
Defnitely an unique and amazing experience
President - Thunderbird Student Government (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 25, 2014
While working as the Student Body President, there are several challenges that one comes across on a daily basis. The biggest learning experience for me personally was to be able to lead a team of leaders efficiently and effectively. Managing the challenges of working in a high performing team has been the biggest learning for me.
Liked to work there until management changed.
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 13, 2014
Management more concerned with meeting numbers, so they get their bonus than with what they can do to help the kitchen staff succeed.
Excellent global culture
Senior Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2013
Opportunities to build and develop teams, great learning environment.
A Great Place, But Not For Me.
Corporate Learning Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 21, 2012
My biggest issue at Thunderbird was that, as a Program Assistant, my job consisted mostly of data entry. I was BORED. Every rule had an exception that I always seemed to learn about AFTER I'd made the mistake, and my managers, wonderful people in their own rights, constantly micromanaged me until I was a nervous wreck and it began to affect my health. I went into it expecting.....I don't know what; but what I found was something I just could not do.
Pros
great pay and benefits, progressive company culture.
Cons
tedious and dull work, micromanagement.
PHD Visiting Researcher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2012
Performed fundamental and applied research on international trade and financial flows related to carbon-free technologies, such as wind, solar, geothermal, nuclear and carbon sequestration. Researched methods of business-academic partnerships in implementing climate change mitigation and adaptation measures, such as Private Equity investments in ‘green’ technologies. Performed economic, technological and government policy surveys of the US energy market with the aim of identifying the drivers behind the adoption of carbon-free technologies. Accomplishments: Two scholarly articles in preparation for publication in the Thunderbird International Business Review. A comprehensive APS-funded research on the technological, financial and policy drivers in the formation of energy pricing in the next 10 years. Preparation and Moderation of Climate Change panels for two consecutive annual Private Equity conferences (2010 and 2011) organized by the Thunderbird Private Equity Center.
Flexible work enironment, close community, strong values
Senior Director/Director, Executive Education (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 11, 2012
Top ranked business school that provides opportunity to learn and grow. Community oriented.
Pros
flexibility, good benefits and close community.
Cons
lack of needed resources