Thundermist Health Center Employee Reviews

Awful management
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Warwick, RIAugust 18, 2017
Awful management, awful pay, you are not recognized for what you have done well only for what you have done wrong, there is racism issues there where they will not ever address the hispanics but only the caucasians about issues.
fun learning experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RI 02895May 9, 2017
every day is program setting statistic rating everything recruitment of youth and young teens trying to advocate to them healthy life choices as portions in food and std's also staying away from smoking and drugs
Pros
great working with kids
intern medical assistant
Extern (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIFebruary 16, 2017
although I trained here for 8 weeks never a bad report... I had fresh knowledge of the way things went and had great references and the lady said they needed a more "seasoned" person.
Supportive team environment but hard work!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RINovember 21, 2015
Fast paced, demanding, work on the nurses, but great team work all around, and management was supportive and approachable. Loved the interaction with patients but having to do our own billing/coding was ridiculous among all the other things we as nurses had to do. It was like, when in doubt, ask the nurses, for everything! Can really be overwhelming!

Not a bad place to work overall-hours are great and the benefits are great, but it's often times a long days' work. Not on your feet all day but constantly on the phone in between seeing patients (scheduled and walk-ins!).

P.S. You'd better like computers because yours will literally go everywhere with you throughout the day!
Pros
Benefits, supportive team environment, hours
Cons
Fast paced, demanding work
love the job
medical receptionist (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RINovember 4, 2015
I love working for thundermist health I love the setting and how i can help others. a typical day at work can be very busy but is an actual fast paced job, I have learned to deal with a lot of scenarios, the hardest part of the job most of the time i would say is the same co-workers, but at the end of the day the most enjoyable thing of THC is that you help others an improve yourself.
Pros
very multicultural enviroment
Cons
Favoritism
Poor
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIOctober 18, 2015
Management is unqualified for positions that they hold. Too many managers not enough general staff to support demand. Typically compensation is poor for the work that is provided.
An amazing organization that strives for excellence and values their mission and their employees.
WIC Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 14, 2015
I worked for Thundermist Health Center for 18 years as a Nutritionist and WIC Program Manager for 14 of those years. I can't stress enough how much I loved working here. The Management Team puts a lot of effort into creating a positive and productive work environment for the employees. The organization is dedicated to serving the community, believing that quality health care is a right, not a privilege. They provide generous benefits, especially paid time off, even for new employees. The CEO has an open door policy and is always reaching out to employees for feedback to drive change and address concerns.
Productive workplace
Program Coordinator of Community Health Programs (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 5, 2015
Thundermist is a company that cares about the community and all the aspects of health that are involved with patient care. We connect patients to resources in all dimensions of wellness by partnering with other community organizations
Compationate, community based healthcare with more than just healthcare
Medical Assitant (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIOctober 19, 2014
Many of the patients that come to Thundermist are low income with many different types of needs other than just healthcare. Thundermist is very good at helping their patients in a very complete kind of way; medical health, obstetric, prenatal, infant and behavioral, and social services that encompass even the patients personal needs, they connect them with many different resources and provide prescription assistance; they give back to the local community in many ways also. I have learned a lot working here, it is a very busy atmosphere that has required me to get very good at prioritizing my work load. They have taught me a lot in regards to in house diagnostic lab testing, they perform many tests in house to help save the patient money, especially if the patient does not have insurance, which was more the case before medical was available to everyone. The management is approachable and has always been helpful when I needed them. My coworkers are great, we care for one another and help each other. Being a busy medical office we often need to rely on each other for assistance. The hardest part of the job lately has been all the extra paperwork regarding patient prior authorizations for medications and procedures, it can require a lot of time to process. The thing I enjoy the most about this job is helping the patients. I like the connection that I feel with them and their care. When a patient senses that you care about their health it can have an impact on how they feel about taking care of themselves. I have seen that first hand and it is very rewarding.
Pros
Team oriented staff
Cons
Short breaks, long days
A great place to be able to grow within the Company.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 25, 2014
Very busy fast paced environment. It does allow its employees to grow within the company. Co-workers are very friendly and pleasant. upper Management does a very good job. I don't believe the job is hard in itself, as long as you do what you are told and follow the rules.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Productive, busy office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIApril 29, 2014
Everyday i worked with two providers in Behavioral, I obtained patients vitals, entered into their file, enter any other patient info needed. Scheduling. Prior authorizations. We had a Nurse Director who looked over the departments. I enjoyed seeing the progress my patients were making.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Never had a scheduled break, i was lucky if i had one.
great
Medical Assistant-Float/Referrals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 23, 2013
its great here, there is room for improvement.ther are lots of opportunities for growth and advancement.
Productive and busy work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 19, 2013
I love my job here at Thundermist. I work with some of the most amazing people.
experience
Medical Billing/ Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIApril 18, 2012
Met a lot of great people and gained experience. Just didn't like the lack of management in West Warwick.
Flexible work environment; co-workers that worked together to resolve issues and answer questions
BOOKKEEPER / ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMarch 30, 2012
Enjoyed working for Thundermist Health Center. I was allowed to do my job with minimal supervision, and I created procedures to improve documentation and reduce errors, as well as, fix errors.