Thundermist Health Center

Thundermist Health Center Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Program Coordinator of Community Health Programs (Current Employee), Woonsocket, RIMay 5, 2015
Thundermist is a company that cares about the community and all the aspects of health that are involved with patient care. We connect patients to resources in all dimensions of wellness by partnering with other community organizations
Compationate, community based healthcare with more than just healthcare
Medical Assitant (Current Employee), Woonsocket, RIOctober 19, 2014
Pros: team oriented staff
Cons: short breaks, long days
Many of the patients that come to Thundermist are low income with many different types of needs other than just healthcare. Thundermist is very good at helping their patients in a very complete kind of way; medical health, obstetric, prenatal, infant and behavioral, and social services that encompass even the patients personal needs, they connect them with many different resources and provide prescription assistance; they give back to the local community in many ways also. I have learned a lot working here, it is a very busy atmosphere that has required me to get very good at prioritizing my work load. They have taught me a lot in regards to in house diagnostic lab testing, they perform many tests in house to help save the patient money, especially if the patient does not have insurance, which was more the case before medical was available to everyone. The management is approachable and has always been helpful when I needed them. My coworkers are great, we care for one another and help each other. Being a busy medical office we often need to rely on each other for assistance. The hardest part of the job lately has been all the extra paperwork regarding patient prior authorizations for medications and procedures, it can require a lot of time to process. The thing I enjoy the most about this job is helping the patients. I like the connection that I feel with them and their care. When a patient senses that you care about their health it can have an impact on how they feel about taking care of themselves. I have seen that first hand and it is very rewarding.
A great place to be able to grow within the Company.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Woonsocket, RIMay 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Very busy fast paced environment. It does allow its employees to grow within the company. Co-workers are very friendly and pleasant. upper Management does a very good job. I don't believe the job is hard in itself, as long as you do what you are told and follow the rules.
Productive, busy office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Woonsocket, RIApril 29, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: never had a scheduled break, i was lucky if i had one.
Everyday i worked with two providers in Behavioral, I obtained patients vitals, entered into their file, enter any other patient info needed. Scheduling. Prior authorizations. We had a Nurse Director who looked over the departments. I enjoyed seeing the progress my patients were making.
great
Medical Assistant-Float/Referrals Coordinator (Current Employee), Woonsocket, RIMay 23, 2013
its great here, there is room for improvement.ther are lots of opportunities for growth and advancement.
Productive and busy work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Woonsocket, RIJanuary 19, 2013
I love my job here at Thundermist. I work with some of the most amazing people.
experience
Medical Billing/ Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Woonsocket, RIApril 18, 2012
Met a lot of great people and gained experience. Just didn't like the lack of management in West Warwick.
Flexible work environment; co-workers that worked together to resolve issues and answer questions
BOOKKEEPER / ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Woonsocket, RIMarch 30, 2012
Enjoyed working for Thundermist Health Center. I was allowed to do my job with minimal supervision, and I created procedures to improve documentation and reduce errors, as well as, fix errors.

Thundermist Health Center Salaries