SUMMARY: Designs and develops new products and product improvements by performing the following duties
Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for all design related activities on specific projects including print dimensions/specification, product testing/validation, define new testing equipment needs
- Support new design development and packaging study with Product Engineer, conduct design feasibility/manufacturability investigation with the supplier base.
- Conduct product benchmark analysis.
- Responsible for following Presta Product Life Cycle process & maintain PLM database at the released level.
- Organize BOM for prototype build, supervise RFQ process, and conduct (or supervise) prototype build.
- Develop test plan to validate new design ideas, conduct testing and Design Of Experiment.
- Define the test equipment requirements and generate test work instructions
- Summarize tests/FEA/Stack-up/etc results into presentation and present the overview to the project team, propose and define next development steps.
- Understand warranty issues and the impact the design has on them. Gather history of design changes & supplier issues (DMR-QR) and complete risk assessments.
- Column interface study, review/generate tolerance stack-up.
- Responsible to cascade project timing to purchasing, STA, Process Engineering to ensure on time project completion.
- Report out project status to the Product Engineer
- Problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field
- At least 5 years experience in the automotive industry or similar industry.
- Advanced Engineering Degree is a plus.
- Experience using DOE, FEA, Statistics, problem solving tools, APQP, FMEA, Poka Yoke Design/Design for manufacturability, and AIAG automotive standards
Indeed - 13 months ago