ThyssenKrupp Elevator Employee Reviews

Very organized
Office Manager (Former Employee), TylerAugust 27, 2015
Branch manager trusts office manager to their job. I had the freedom to get my job dome and did not have to have someone over my shoulder at all times.
A job
National Accounts Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAAugust 20, 2015
Worked there quite a while as a sales coordinator. Interacted with numerous management, co-workers, employees, clients, and vendors.
Fun and Productive place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2015
I had a great experience working at Thyssenkrupp Elevator. I gained great amount of experience and knowledge. Also, while working there I met a lot of great professionals from all over the world.
Excellent Company
New Installation Account Representative (Former Employee), Livonia, MIJuly 30, 2015
Great staff, worked very hard. Enjoyed co-workers. Need to update software programs so you can provide the best solutions to your customers.
A solid career job
Sales/Operations (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Negative Management
Typical day consisted of contacting customers, filing contracts, and creating proposals. Management is there to direct and ensure you are meeting your quotas. Co-workers are friendly and easy-going. Hardest part of the job was lack of Management's encouragement or empowerment. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with customers and working with co-workers.
Opportunity to learn new & useful job skills.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDApril 9, 2015
Pros: Just loved working in the accounting department.
Cons: Hated to leave upon lay off due to company downsizing.
Enjoyed working there, with supervisors, co-workers & management. Also enjoyed travelling to Atlanta, Georgia to help train employees to perform my job upon lay off. I learned how reconcile bank recs, create & maintain excel spreadsheets, balancing trial Balance accounts and various other accounting processes.
great co
District Payroll Coordinator/Extra Billing (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAApril 8, 2015
Loved working here; everyone happy; would've stayed if they did not relocate my job to Utah; lots of training given to perform job to best capacity
Strongest Asset: People
Project Manager II, Research and Development (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 2, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Overworked
The people at TKE are their greatest asset. New President has brought positive changes to work/life balance, safety awareness and great works for charity.
Quite good
Office Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed, for the first 3 years, the advancement in which I exceeded. All operations were for office management were given me, as admins. were not stablized in maintaining their employment there. We then changed operating systems and transitioned into the Oracle system, in addition the entire company re-organized. Each segment of my job was centralized in 1 location for each US region. Thus, my responsibilities in part changed, but for the most part, stayed the same, only a complete difference in completing those responsibilities.
Productive workplace
Collection Analyst (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Great Company and everyone was friendly and professional.
Great Company to work for
Call Center Supervisor and Trainer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2015
• Provided over 13 years of call center supervisory and customer service support in a fast-paced telecommunications call center environment.
• Developed important communications skills regarding technical support, nationwide emergency support, switchboard operations, elevator products and provided these to the customer base.
• Experienced in dispatching service technicians in response to emergency calls from elevators throughout the nation.
• Provided award winning, excellent customer service.
• Developed a thorough knowledge of a variety of elevator emergency response protocols, products and services.
• Provided support as a PBX operator working with NTS on the switchboard.
• Awarded numerous awards for outstanding quality of work and perfect attendance.
• Handled numerous special projects from inception to completion.
• Developed extensive Soundnet software (ARAV) experience.
An excellant place to utilize if you need an elevator.
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2014
Pros: plenty of room for growth, good starting package, insurance
Cons: difficult to receive the needed training to succeed.
I went outside of my expertise for this position to try something new. The department I was in had "the older mentality" as what my manager had referred to. People withheld information for training purposes to ensure their position. It was very difficult to get information out of personnel to further my product knowledge. Companies were merging at this time and there was a lot of fear in the workplace pertaining to the mergers. I was thankful when they cut back on personnel and I had the least seniority.
great place to work and learn more about different fields of construction
Warehouse Manager/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2014
Pros: great palce to work and very friendly
Cons: lack of proper training do do a complete job
My day usually started about 6:30am and I would work until the job was completed. Delivery of parts to the men in the field was my most rewarding part of the job. I not only got to know them better but became great friends with most of them. after 23 years of working with many of the same men, it was more like a family than co-workers. many of the upper management personnel were very knowledgeable in the trade and helped me a lot when it came to ordering different parts that were needed.
The hardest part of my job was the lack of training that was available to do a successful job. numerous phone calls didn't help either. With the industry changing to more computer and email oriented usage the personal aspect of working went out of the job.
The most enjoyment I got out of my job was knowing that I had the cleanest warehouse and yard in the company and that my inventory was always almost spot on.
I surely do miss a lot of my fellow co-workers and I return many times to see how they are doing. I am greeted well by both management and the field guys, most of whom would like me to return because they don't receive the same kind of service or treatment that i gave them.
Liked the job alot mgmt. team was great and supoortive
Inventory/Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), York, PADecember 8, 2014
Pros: good office environment
Cons: traveling everyday
A typical day involved pulling parts from warehouse stock for our Service techs to repair and do maintenance on elevators. Writing Purchase orders to replenish stock and placing orders to vendors.
Data entry of incoming and outgoing parts. Reconciling discrepancies. I worked with many good people and had many personal friends within the office . I had two different direct supervisors throughout my time there and I had excellent relationships with both and they have given me highly recommended letters of recommendation. Shipping and receiving duties were my responsibility also. It was a tough decision to leave my job as I chose to become a stay at home mother. the only bad thing about it was the fact that my office was located in York and I had to travel everyday
Great company, great benefits
Account Payable Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 21, 2014
A great company, great benefits package.
This work-site is full of opportunities for their employees
Productive place to work
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: great enviornment
Cons: getting other departments to work with you
Typical workday for me was making a minimum of 35 calls in a day. I learned how some accounts need more paperwork then others in order to get paid. My co-workers were easy to work with and helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job was trying to get some of the documents needed to receive payment. All in all this place was great to work for.
ThyssenKrupp Elevator
Service Sales Rep (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2014
Unique learning experience in the elevator industry. Employment was in a difficult time of recession.
District Senior Lead (Former Employee), Centennial, COOctober 22, 2014
Great place to work. Thoroughly enjoyed the people. Great placement and career advancement.
Exciting Work Ioved the Job
Construction Manager/Superintendent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2014
Pros: please see attached resume
Cons: please see attached resume
Answer emails Get crews ready for jobs.. A lot of things I would do in regards, of a typical day. There is no such thing as a typical day. I had co-workers a lot of them. Management. They did their job and I did my job . All jobs are hard...... That's what I like about a "job"; I'm hired to lead people.
-"Every Problem Has A Solution". That's a quote I like to best describe my attitude.
quite environment
Present Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: 401k
Cons: no growth in the company
ThyssenKrupp is a great company it has 401k but it doesn't pay what should be paid for the position you work and there is no room to grow