ThyssenKrupp Elevator Employee Reviews in United States

High volume workload, low pay
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Good hard working people. Silo and fragmented culture, but management is currently working to improve. Need to consider job analysis and re-grading positions.
Pros
Stable, interesting in developing an improved and engaging culture
Cons
Very heavy workload, poor compensation, marginal employee benefits for salaried workers, little diversity and opportunity for minorities
Terrible atmosphere, and managament is worst I've seen.
District Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 8, 2016
This was by far the worst company I have ever worked. I have nothing positive to say really. They pay well and the hours were typical corporate hours. Management, job culture, job security, and advancement all would get 0 stars from me, but it made me give at least 1.
Pros
Pay, medical insurance, hours
Cons
out of touch managment, lay-offs, no advancement (blocked by management), nepotism
Absolute Best Employer
Repair Administrative Assistant/Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 4, 2016
Great pay benefits and management opportunity for growth I relocated after a temp assignment unfortunately the pay was not equivalent to the cost of living I was accustomed with I received a 1,000.00 bonus but that paid for two weeks of a hotel.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Relocation package or assistance
Great Company, great perks, and great personal career growth.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 27, 2015
Great Company to work for if your starting out of college. I would even recommend mid career change if you are already established. They reward you for your hard work, give you a gas card to network and market you territory, they even give you a car allowance to use your own vehicle.

If asked to relocate with the company, carefully study the cost of living and negotiate accordingly. They even help break your lease or sell your home, and provide third party moving assistance.
Pros
car allowance, gas card
Cons
commission structure, negotiating salary
Thyssenkrupp Elevator
Electrical Engineer/Product Design (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 9, 2015
Very involved in customer and field support but mostly new product development as it relates to the elevator system. Engineering Change order management as well test engineering with validation. Project oriented and multiple discipline areas of engineering.
Pros
flexible time
Great Company
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Middleton, TNDecember 6, 2015
Great company to work for. Everything is great, the people, the management, the work culture, the products they make and their supply base..
Overall good place to work
District Repair Coordinator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MANovember 16, 2015
An enjoyable place to work. The best part about the job was working with colleagues from the many different branches in the Northeast. The company restructured and moved jobs to Tampa.
product building of elevators
MECHANIC HELPER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 31, 2015
On this job I worked 4 day a week 10 hours days. My job consisted of constructing elevators, for complex and upcoming facilities.
Confusing
Coordination (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNOctober 10, 2015
You don't really know where you stand with the company. Processes always changes, always reorganization. No real job security.
Productive and a fun place to work
Repair coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAOctober 2, 2015
Very fun place to work, enjoy comming to work everyday, co-workers were great, one of the best place I worked so far.The pay is great, get major holidays off, able to work from home, there are flexible

Want to know more about ThyssenKrupp Elevator?

Ask a question
Great company!
ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Loved going to work each day. People I worked with were great. I always thought if you enjoyed what you did, it would never feel like a job. And it never did!
Very Interesting Job
Elevator Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2015
First day out in the field it was 117 degrees and one of the mechanics told me to drink a lot of water. I never drank so much in one day. After you get used to the shock you pretty much are ordered around all day long. You learn so many different and interesting things and the pay was amazing. Great employees and great benefits.
Pros
Off on all Holidays and nights.
Very organized
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  TylerAugust 27, 2015
Branch manager trusts office manager to their job. I had the freedom to get my job dome and did not have to have someone over my shoulder at all times.
A job
National Accounts Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 20, 2015
Worked there quite a while as a sales coordinator. Interacted with numerous management, co-workers, employees, clients, and vendors.
Fun and Productive place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2015
I had a great experience working at Thyssenkrupp Elevator. I gained great amount of experience and knowledge. Also, while working there I met a lot of great professionals from all over the world.
Excellent Company
New Installation Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 30, 2015
Great staff, worked very hard. Enjoyed co-workers. Need to update software programs so you can provide the best solutions to your customers.
A solid career job
Sales/Operations (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 29, 2015
Typical day consisted of contacting customers, filing contracts, and creating proposals. Management is there to direct and ensure you are meeting your quotas. Co-workers are friendly and easy-going. Hardest part of the job was lack of Management's encouragement or empowerment. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with customers and working with co-workers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Negative Management
Opportunity to learn new & useful job skills.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDApril 9, 2015
Enjoyed working there, with supervisors, co-workers & management. Also enjoyed travelling to Atlanta, Georgia to help train employees to perform my job upon lay off. I learned how reconcile bank recs, create & maintain excel spreadsheets, balancing trial Balance accounts and various other accounting processes.
Pros
Just loved working in the accounting department.
Cons
Hated to leave upon lay off due to company downsizing.
great co
District Payroll Coordinator/Extra Billing (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAApril 8, 2015
Loved working here; everyone happy; would've stayed if they did not relocate my job to Utah; lots of training given to perform job to best capacity
Strongest Asset: People
Project Manager II, Research and Development (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 2, 2015
The people at TKE are their greatest asset. New President has brought positive changes to work/life balance, safety awareness and great works for charity.
Pros
People
Cons
Overworked