thyssenkrupp Employee Reviews

Thyssenkrupp is overall the best company to work for and hope they go back and do what made them great
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 20, 2017
ThyssenKrupp Elevator at the time was the best Company to work for good products and good management and pay was the best. There Safety Program was good with good Field Support. However over the past two years they have made changes that have hurt this rating.
Pros
Great overall company to work for product line, safety, vans, support
Cons
Moving away from what made them the best Customer Service
Fun Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2017
thyssenkrupp was generally a fun environment to be in. My coworkers were extremely friendly and it was nice being in a supportive, team environment. Most of my work was independent of others but management was very helpful.
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 19, 2017
Nice company. International company developing new products. Excellent work culture and work place. Dedicated management and vision to succeed for employees.
Not a good place to work
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 18, 2017
This environment is textbook hostile. Management will not support team members nor do they offer guidance. Employees are given inaccurate information, belittled and required to choose sides in a very political environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 17, 2017
You rarely find somewhere that You like to work well this is one of those places. As long as you do your job And show up every day you will not be Let down By management there. They appreciate your time and hard work
Great management with a fantastic development program.
Plant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 13, 2017
Our leaders support each other, and our management develops our teams and seeks to educate all employees at every opportunity. Safety is our number one priority.
Pros
option to travel
Cons
Very high expectations from customers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 12, 2017
Working in ThyssenKrupp was fun and active. It was a fast enviroment​ and I was able to adapt to it. We worked a 12hrshift six days a week. It was okay but the commute was too much for me.
Cons
No benefits
productive and fun workplace
New Installation Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 12, 2017
productive and fun workplace
great company to work with, they care about their employees by providing training and courses related to the business.
totally recommended.
Very good place to work
OEM sales and customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 9, 2017
I really enjoy coming into work everyday and doing the work that I do. The management is great and is always available if you need help with something. Unlike some places I have worked, management here expect you to do your job and let you do it instead of micromanaging everything you do.
Pros
Coworkers, hours, weekends off
Cons
None that I can think of.
The worst place i have ever worked.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 7, 2017
I have never worked for a company that treated employees so poorly. Employee input was not ever valued or considered. Job duties would change with little to no notice(including being transferred to a different terminal). Payroll was often messed up and would take weeks to be corrected you would typically get a pay stub two to three weeks after the pay period so you had to keep track of your earnings on your own and compare them to your bank deposit.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
poor management
OK place to work
SolidWorks Drafter (Current Employee) –  Middleton, TNMay 5, 2017
I have not reviewed compensation or job security because I am working as a contractor. My immediate co-workers are friendly and helpful. My supervisor divides his time between 2 offices so is often not seen.
Company is ok; mgmt is terrible
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 30, 2017
Great place to work if you are running for public office. They really don't care if you can do your job. Just show up, smile, shake hands, and kiss the babies. You will move up.
Slow
Production and Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Middleton, TNApril 24, 2017
Compensation is behind the times but it really teach you how to manually do things instead of technology and certain software bridging the gaps like most companies nowadays.
Good place as an entry level
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 24, 2017
If you are trying to get your foot in the door, it is a good place to work. I was a temp and then I was offered a full-time position after 4 months working in Human Resources/ Benefits.
Cons
not my cup of tea (sitting at a desk all day and looking at a computer screen)
mviews
Commissioning Engineer/Site Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Calvert, ALApril 20, 2017
Green field plant, part of main commissioning team with different people from different countries. Every one had their job to do and every e got along together.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
need to last longer
Not a good place to work at..
Sales (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 18, 2017
Horrible place to work. Management is clueless and they talk behind people's backs. Very very unprofessional and they do not train worth a hill of beans!
Pros
Cons
Horrible Management. They talk behind your back..BEWARE..Management DOES NOT TRAIN...
My career
Elevator Industry (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAApril 18, 2017
I spent over 40 years in this industry and only worked for two companies TKE was one of them. They promoted me to service manager and gave me the necessary tools to create a productive office that was very profitable.
A big happy family
Team Lead Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 13, 2017
Everyone there is very helpful and loves to see people excel in their career there. Quality is a daily thing here every day is different. I learned good customer service there, well management skills and professional skills. The hardest part I would have to say is never knowing when you're going home, but that's the life with quality!
Productive place of business with numerous of things for workers to do to keep them busy
Assembly Line Worker , Safety Worker (Former Employee) –  Middleton, TNApril 11, 2017
ThyssenKrupp Elevators is a good place to work once you're hired in. But if you go through a temp agency just be aware that your job may not be there the next day , thanks to seniority!
Very good company. They do fun things and easy work enviornment
Oracle Contract Maintenance Management (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2017
I deal with multiple things at one time. With 33 branches and various office employees. We have to be very accurate and detailed. The company provides good benefits and incentives.
Pros
Good benefits and a good company to work for. A really good boss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at thyssenkrupp. Our community is ready to answer.