Thyssenkrupp

Thyssenkrupp Employee Reviews

not a bad place to work
Forklift Operator / Data processor (Former Employee), Sumner, WAApril 30, 2015
day can be routine which can be a good thing did get busy at times and pure repetition can damage your body overtime.hardest thing about the job is knowing your never gonna get overtime.
Great pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Waupaca, WIApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: Very dirty and hot
Making cores on an assembly type of job. I learned how to make cores and inspect them to make sure they are good to go through the oven. Management was good and so were the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working in the heat, but once you got used to it, it was okay, and very dangerous as well. The most enjoyable about my job was that I made good money, co-workers, and lost weight.
Great Equipment
Local Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee), Northwood, OHMarch 27, 2015
typical day would start at 6 am if you did not have a run. stand around try to look busy. may have a run come up at anytime. Great equipment that runs
Informative Intern Opportunity
Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free coffee, great place to learn the industry
I learned AutoCAD while I was interning with ThyssenKrupp. I was able to work on P&ID's, schematics, and instrument designs. The typical day would be to review a P&ID, export information to MS Excel, and figure out the junction boxes to wire everything. It was a great place for an internship.
Large company with tough culture
Operations Excellence Manager (Current Employee), Northwood, OHDecember 3, 2014
Great benefits, wage and bonus

Hourly employees were awesome, Managers were tough to get along with- after-all I was there to change their operations.

Job was not as described when I took it.
Fast pace and hard driving and wonderful place to work !
Customer Support Manager (Former Employee), Madison, MSNovember 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits and working conditions
Cons: fast pace and if personnel is going to slow, you can get caught behind and it's very hard to get caught up and do a perfit inspection .
A typical day would start with what new shipment that came in and what is a priority. I would then divide the morning day ship up to cover the new shipment . Getting a hold of the customer and their best – more... directions on their product and how we are able to help them better! The hardest part of the job is to please the customer and keep the workers working on schedule as they tend to slow down when they are not being watched . I placed floor supervisor's on site to keep this from happening which helped out in production . The most enjoyable part of the job , is completing the inspections on time and having plenty of stock material to keep the production moving, then telling your workers we met the dead line , because of all there hard work ! Thanking them and seeing there smiling faces for a job well done also keeps the employee's filling like they have done something worth while also ! I have to say that the management was second to none , all you needed to do was ask and they were only a phone call or email away ! My only regret is that this wasn't a long lasting job after training the suppliers how to do their own inspections for the Nissan plant ! – less
Productive fun working place with ping pong table
Quality control Inspector (Former Employee), Toledo, OHOctober 14, 2014
Pros: friendly work enviorment that do things togethor outside of work
Cons: two 15 miniute breaks, and a 30 miniute breake
It was good working for Thyssenkrupp. I was out working at J.C.I out in Oregon.The People I worked with, and everything was well .Untill the work slowed up and i was sent to the main warehous witch was – more... a complete turn around. They inspected the parts there before it was sent to J.C.I. The people , the breaks, a complete change. But as the hrs got lesser i struggled to pay bills, and being thier for over a year with no raise it was time to go. – less
Automotive supplier with many departments.
Cost Estimator (Former Employee), Troy, MIAugust 20, 2014
Used my cost accounting background to determine the selling price of a product presented to the sales department.
Productive and great
East Regional Buyer (Current Employee), Medley, FLJuly 15, 2014
It's a great experienced I learned to use oracle and about elevator parts. the work environment. Very organized and structured
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Danville, ILJuly 11, 2014
It was a time consuming job, I get there and immediately would start working and never stop til it was time to go home. I learned that you need to work fast and do things correct cause there is minimal room for errors.
Good company to work for
Production Engineer (Former Employee), Carey, OHJuly 9, 2014
It was a pleasure to work for this company. I enjoyed going to Detroit area for mold try outs
Hard to balance work and home life.
Press Operator, Quality Team Leader (Current Employee), Hopkinsville, KYMay 29, 2014
Pros: paid lunch and good pay
Cons: consistently drives work force to hard to long, 12hr days for months at a time with no time off.
The pay is good and is what keeps me in the job. A lot of turnover in the General Manager positions and a lot of corporate intervention without consulting the employees, which often causes a lot of confussion and chaos
CAD Manager
CAD Manager (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMay 6, 2014
Provided CAD support for 80 users for AutoCAD and Inventor. Created adaptive 3D models to automatically generate 2D drawings.
nice peope, great facility
Buyer/Inside Sales (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILApril 8, 2014
enjoyed working here and it had a fun environment. Not much room for advancement.
Good employees
CEMENT & MINERALS CONTRACT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaJanuary 15, 2014
Coworkers are friendly, flexible and willing to share their knowledge.
fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2013
Pros: the health benefits were great and the hour long lunches was a good thing.
Cons: didn't pay very well. no raises and no ability to move up in the company.
First thing in the morning, I would review all customer work orders and prioritize them. Then begin to cut and and package all cut orders for that day. Finally, pull and package all not cut order items. – more... While working for AIN Plastics, I had the opportunity to gain the knowledge of some of the different types of plastics, properties, and purposes. I had only one co-worker for a couple of years and we worked very well together. When the branch grew, we went through a turnover and the one co-worker left and made way for two more. This was a slight change in over-all work environment. Eventually, the hardest part was to keep up with the orders. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the co-workers, in the warehouse and the office. We are still friends. – less
work place attitude
Machinist (Current Employee), Danville, ILAugust 31, 2013
Pros: working 2-2-3's so we only work half the year.
Cons: not getting enough raises and it feels like no job security at this time.
i love my work most of the time, its when i don't get the proper training to trouble shoot and still have the pressure of trying to get the machines running.(a little stressful), but i usually get through – more... it well enough to get the jobs done.
there are a few of my coworkers that bring a bad attitude to work, i try to ignore them on these days. i try to be quick and curtious to others and get back to my job.
i come into work, find out how the machine has been running and start my shift.
i have laerned there is alot to know about crankshafts, and how they are made.
the management will talk nice to you then about you when you walk away. lie to you about how things are in the plant,and you find out just before you get laid off,(which i think might be coming) not sure though but its in the rumor phase right now.
The hardest part of my job is getting the training i was supposed to get months ago.
I would say the most enjoyable part is when everybody is happy and getting their jobs done, then go out fo breakfast when we get off the clock and just relax. – less
Good training
mechanical maintenance (Former Employee), Calvert, ALJuly 10, 2013
Pros: benefits, quarterly bonuses
Cons: job security
I welded many different materials. I fitted pipes, steel structures. I learned a lot about German business models. My coworkers were very diverse. The atmosphere was very close for myself and my team members. The job was physically demanding, but I enjoyed the challenge.
temp job
quality (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYMarch 12, 2013
this is the worst place i ever worked.I was lied to by management alot.

May 21, 2013

I had been working in the lift industry for 43 years in the technical fields on site, testing new lifts and technical support on completed lifts. The companies I worked for are Express Lift Co. Ltd. (UK) – more... for 30 years and ThyssenKrupp (UK) for 13 years. Out of 43 years I was working overseas for 20 years mainly in West Africa, Middle East and Far East.

I found both companies very good to work for because I was needed in my fields, this is the case with most lift companies in most countries. I can not say the same for managerial positions.

It would be very difficult to work in foreign countries now a days because of recession. ThyssenKrupp is going to lay off a lot of staff, mainly in the managerial positions all over the world.

I retired recently. – less

Great job
Driver (Former Employee), Wentzville, MOFebruary 5, 2013
I worked with the shipping department at Wainwright to ensure full and on-time loadds to the GM plant. A self motivated company due to the fack that you came in got your truck keys and went on your way to get things done.