Thyssenkrupp Employee Reviews in United States

Unorganized
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 5, 2016
For a temp job it is okay, long term not so much.
If your not looking for a long term job, this is the place for you.
They were constantly changing schedules, and asking you to do work out of your paid position.The co-workers were a great team.
Pros
NA
Cons
short lunches
Positive Environment During Stressful Times
Manufacturing/E-Time Administrator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 21, 2016
Co-Workers are kind and fun to work with; everyone does not agree however respects each other’s opinions; Organizations take the safety of their employees very serious.
Wonderful and enjoyable
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 11, 2016
This company was amazing to work for. I loved how the work place seems more like a large family than employer and employee. They really care for their employees. I hate that the warehouse I was employed at closed down. The work was fast paced and constant.
Pros
careing supriors, fast paced
Cons
not climet controlled, closed
Great company bad management.
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WADecember 6, 2015
The job was challenging and rewarding. The company is a great to be employed with, however the management lacked basic leadership skill-sets.
Pros
Great family centric organization wit genuine care for the workers.
Cons
Management is not engaging with their employees.
Agressive work enviroment
Traction layout Designer (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 31, 2015
Challenging work and heavy workload. Howvever lack of training and a lot of self-training on the Elevator product. Could use improved managment personel.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Training
Typical day at AMNS
Crane Technician (Current Employee) –  Calvert, ALOctober 7, 2015
Arrive to work 30 minutes early. Dress for work in locker room. Gather all hand tools and PPE's, load in company work truck. Attend daily 1 hour safety meeting. Pick up work assignments from the site coordinator. Then we go to each individual crane and start repairs/monthly PM's on all equipment.
Pros
Great company benefits & competitive wages
Cons
Needs better organization
productive enviroment, fast pace, typically a fun job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 8, 2015
Typically the job is fast and easy, the days go by fast when nothing go's wrong.

Learned to not overlook small details, it was the biggest part of the job.

Management always informed employees when something was changed, was willing to work with everyone's schedule, their needs.

Co-workers was always willing to work together to fix anything that went wrong, always had a great team to work with.

The hardest part of the job was standing in one place for ten plus hours a day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work my own pace (fast) and have more than a thirty minute break. being able to talk to the managers and co-workers like they were family
Pros
co-works feeling like family, working my own pace, moving around when management needed me somewhere else
Cons
standing in one place for ten plus hours, very hot and cold days
An excellent Place to work
Certified Welder (Former Employee) –  Middleton, TNDecember 1, 2015
I greatly enjoyed my time at Thyssen Krupp. The hands on experience and job tasks were enjoyable for the most part. But welding is generally a great job
Pros
Team work
Cons
Lay Offs
Fun and challenging work environment.
Data and Analytics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, Ks.August 17, 2015
A Fun and challenging work environment that allowed for personal creativity to be introduced to the workplace. Room for growth and management supported new ideas at all times. The company supported education goals and provided opportunities to apply learning in the workplace.
Pros
Freedom to create and grow.
Great pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waupaca, WIApril 9, 2015
Making cores on an assembly type of job. I learned how to make cores and inspect them to make sure they are good to go through the oven. Management was good and so were the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working in the heat, but once you got used to it, it was okay, and very dangerous as well. The most enjoyable about my job was that I made good money, co-workers, and lost weight.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Very dirty and hot

Want to know more about Thyssenkrupp?

Ask a question
I think it is nice to have ping pong tables for my co-workers to us.
Support Desk Coordinator Level II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 5, 2015
We get to relax and place and let our hair down in the middle of the day on our lunch brake. My fun thing is provide for us in the brake from.
Informative Intern Opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
I learned AutoCAD while I was interning with ThyssenKrupp. I was able to work on P&ID's, schematics, and instrument designs. The typical day would be to review a P&ID, export information to MS Excel, and figure out the junction boxes to wire everything. It was a great place for an internship.
Pros
free coffee, great place to learn the industry
Productive fun working place with ping pong table
Quality control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 14, 2014
It was good working for Thyssenkrupp. I was out working at J.C.I out in Oregon.The People I worked with, and everything was well .Untill the work slowed up and i was sent to the main warehous witch was a complete turn around. They inspected the parts there before it was sent to J.C.I. The people , the breaks, a complete change. But as the hrs got lesser i struggled to pay bills, and being thier for over a year with no raise it was time to go.
Pros
friendly work enviorment that do things togethor outside of work
Cons
two 15 miniute breaks, and a 30 miniute breake
not a bad place to work
Forklift Operator / Data processor (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAApril 30, 2015
day can be routine which can be a good thing did get busy at times and pure repetition can damage your body overtime.hardest thing about the job is knowing your never gonna get overtime.
Hard to balance work and home life.
Press Operator, Quality Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 29, 2014
The pay is good and is what keeps me in the job. A lot of turnover in the General Manager positions and a lot of corporate intervention without consulting the employees, which often causes a lot of confussion and chaos
Pros
paid lunch and good pay
Cons
consistently drives work force to hard to long, 12hr days for months at a time with no time off.
Great work place. I really enjoyed the work I did here.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 12, 2012
This by far was the I have worked. I really enjoyed the work I did hear. It was the perfect balance of work and time off. The biggest down side though is lay-offs.
Pros
great pay and benifets, every weekend off, great co-workers, and company vehicles
Cons
a lot of out of town work and alot of politics, and no paid time off.
fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2013
First thing in the morning, I would review all customer work orders and prioritize them. Then begin to cut and and package all cut orders for that day. Finally, pull and package all not cut order items. While working for AIN Plastics, I had the opportunity to gain the knowledge of some of the different types of plastics, properties, and purposes. I had only one co-worker for a couple of years and we worked very well together. When the branch grew, we went through a turnover and the one co-worker left and made way for two more. This was a slight change in over-all work environment. Eventually, the hardest part was to keep up with the orders. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the co-workers, in the warehouse and the office. We are still friends.
Pros
the health benefits were great and the hour long lunches was a good thing.
Cons
didn't pay very well. no raises and no ability to move up in the company.
Good training
mechanical maintenance (Former Employee) –  Calvert, ALJuly 10, 2013
I welded many different materials. I fitted pipes, steel structures. I learned a lot about German business models. My coworkers were very diverse. The atmosphere was very close for myself and my team members. The job was physically demanding, but I enjoyed the challenge.
Pros
benefits, quarterly bonuses
Cons
job security
Large company with tough culture
Operations Excellence Manager (Current Employee) –  Northwood, OHDecember 3, 2014
Great benefits, wage and bonus

Hourly employees were awesome, Managers were tough to get along with- after-all I was there to change their operations.

Job was not as described when I took it.
Great Equipment
Local Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHMarch 27, 2015
typical day would start at 6 am if you did not have a run. stand around try to look busy. may have a run come up at anytime. Great equipment that runs