What does TiVo mean to someone starting out a career in engineering? At TiVo, we build elegant applications and products that change how the world interacts with television. Come join us build products that will change that world again! TiVo is a place where you put your theoretical learning to real use, balancing concept with a good dose of consumer reality. Here you'll see a culture and practices of a high energy, highly intelligent engineering organization. This will put you in good standing for any future career in engineering. We'll have you contribute to real, measured deliverables and be held accountable for the design, implementation, quality and timeliness. You will also gain a well-known brand for your resume and list of accomplishments as an engineer. An experience at TiVo can upgrade your summer and fast forward your career! What you get to do:
- Understanding of applications software development using Object Oriented concepts.
- 1+ year experience doing enhancements using Java, JUnit, Spring, J2EE, Struts.
- Comfortable coding on Unix/Linux
What you'll need to be successful:
- MILITARY EXPERIENCE WITH AN HONORABLE DISCHARGE
- Unix experience a plus
- Great problem solving skills; ability to methodically attack an issue and drive it to resolution
- Thrive in a dynamic, evolving, entrepreneurial environment
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to work well with both members of your own team and communicate cross-functionally
- We're looking for someone who learns quickly and likes to learn new things; willingness to pitch in where needed even outside of core competency.
TiVo is unique. We're successful because of diversity of thought, skill sets, experience, and pure talent.