TIAA Employee Reviews

Great Company
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2017
TIAA-CREF was a great company to begin my career. Payment was not as competitive as an investment banking position. Benefits were great for employees.
Pros
Great Start
Cons
Low Pay Rate
It
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 13, 2017
very productive environment for your skill enhancements. Very cooperative team. Great people, exciting start-up like atmosphere. Upward mobility and opportunity. A lot to be learned in this kind of environment.
Solid company. Great for 'newbies'. Nice benefits.
IT Storage Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2017
Was a great firm to be a part of 10 years ago in the IT field. Somewhat antiquated and unique processes, hardware and methodology where process improvements were easily applied. Massive data amounts, lots of hours beyond 40 per week, outsourcing IT to India, direction of IT uncertain. Training is at mgr's approval although company's policy to promote training.

Beautiful campus, work-from-home program in place. Good place to use for retirement planning and saving but you might not retire from there as an employee.

TIAA has changed from what it was 'financial services for the greater good' which was unique. The IT arena changed leadership every 4 years on average and with it restructuring and job loss. TIAA could use a checks/balances team to ensure best interests of the company, client and operations are enforced and maintained.
Pros
Great campus and benefits.
Cons
Outsourcing IT to India. Storage hardware changes not based upon personal preferences only.
security
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2017
fast paced day dealing with participants and their retirement annuities. The workplace culture was very friendly and family like. The most enjoyable part was helping people fixing their problems.
Overall best firm to build a career in Financial Services
SENIOR MANAGER, WEALTH MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2017
The awards and accolades TIAA received over the past decade are all very much warranted and deserved. My experience with TIAA is rewarding and the best over my career.

I've learned and grown beyond what I expected from a financial service firm. TIAA is truly a wholesome firm that genuinely puts the clients interests first.
Pros
Career Growth
High integrity senior management
Senior Director, Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2017
Great mission-driven culture with a focus on delighting clients and collaborative decision making. Multi-locations and support for working from home for most roles. Socially aware with an awesome CEO. Friendly associates and good career development opportunities.
Pros
Good culture, excellent benefits
Cons
poor processing infrustructure leading at times to frustrated clients
Tiaa
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2017
This was a work at home experience. My typical day began with reviewing and acting upon emails, followed by a number of conference calls (8 - 15 per day). I learned about web application design and development. I worked for a manager who was remote most of our interaction was via conference calls. The culture at TIAA was very supportive of working from home. The hardest part of the job was the lack of face to face contact which made it difficult to read an individuals reactions. I found working from home to be extremely enjoyable.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
multiple meetings creating a very difficult schedule
great experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28262April 5, 2017
work place culture is great. The building is really nice, everyone communicates well. Team work atmosphere with goal driven objectives. great place to work !
N/a
Devops Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2017
Very energetic, exciting company that treats their employees with respect. Daily Interaction with Key Management players. Everyone has a Can Do Attitude!
Great place to work for
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2017
I worked for TIAA for 20 years and would still be there if I could. I started working there when there were 60 associates total and when I was let go in October there were over 2000 associates. A fantastic company.
great company
Lead Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2017
I love working here! TIAA is a great company to work for. Management needs to try harder to understand the complexities. Planning could be done better. Projects are often crammed into too short of a timeframe and often the team ends up doing overtime.
Pros
great pay and fabulous benefits
Cons
overtime, workload, stress level
Good Culture, Good Benefits, Good People
Facilitator, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 22, 2017
I worked at TIAA over 5 years and had a great overall experience. The values of the organization are not just lip service. TIAA does care about working for the greater good and hires people that live life that way. I'd definitely recommend working here.
Great Place to Work
Accountant II and Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2017
Great Company to work for. Treated me right when they restructured the accounting department in 2013. There was no typical day, being in management, it required a lot of followup, and review. The facilities were great and the ability to work from home was a plus.
Pros
Cafeteria on Premisis and Anual Bonus- Abiltity to work from Home
Nice place to work
BI Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2017
As a contractor it was a nice place to work, although the management changes often. Wonderful campus and people are very professional.I wish I had full time opportunity to work for TIAA.
Excellent company to work for
SR. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2017
TIAA offers greats benefits and is an enjoyable atmosphere to work in. The people are courteous and polite. Salary is competitive with other companies.
Busy, fast environment
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 8, 2017
The changes were too constant and it made it difficult to maintain a high level of accuracy. Interesting company to work for at the right time. I wish they recycled!
Comfortable work environment
Business Management Specialist, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2017
Good pay, decent culture, good work-life balance. Management isn't always consistent, and a lot of organizational changes over the past few years.
Relaxed and friendly place to work with plenty of opportunities.
Investment Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2017
TIAA was a great fit for me. It provided me with so many people who were willing to help me in whatever I worked on as an intern. I was able to accomplish my work and build lasting relationships with more than just more bosses.
Pros
Great people and relaxed environment
asset management enterprise risk
Senior Associate, Enterprise Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 28, 2017
great place to work, learn and develop skills. Culture seems to enjoy making things more difficult than they have to be.
Tiaa
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2017
Excellent benefits.
Always short staffed, which led to lots of travel and very long days.
Felt confident that I was providing quality product offering.
benefits
Cons
sometimes hard to get things done in orporate culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TIAA. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval