TIAA Employee Reviews

Good benefits
Wealth Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  ProvidenceJune 28, 2017
I would not recommend TIAA for Wealth Management Advisors who want to be able to think on your own and run your own business. This position is very micromanaged and very data entry driven. It is hard core sales. Not much support. Work life balance is non existent if you are to make your goals.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no life
fast paced work place
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2017
The work place was fast paced and challenging work. I used to have daily stand-up meetings with my scrum master, project manager and team lead. Very friendly.
great company
Record Keeping Specialist-Transfers (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2017
great company to work for, very flexible, I love how everyone is friendly and open to everyone in the company. The workplace is great because everyone is willing to help.
Good culture
good benefits
high energy
emerging product offering
respect for the individual
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
compensation
Good overall, but too much restructuring and corporate politics
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2017
Good overall, but too much restructuring and corporate politics. Culture and values definitely changed over the years. Good compensation and benefits.
Inclusive company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2017
Great company to work for. The company's has many programs for people from all walks of life. Could do a better job with career advancement opportunities, but is an overall good company to work for.
I did not have good experience with this client
Pre Certification Tool (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2017
I did not have good experience with this client, hardest part of the job is to work 24/7 all the days it was like that. I personally don't like the work culture here.
Retirement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2017
Love TIAA. Well paid, clear desire to help employees. Sincere effort to provide value to clients. Pay is solid. Company is adapting to new competitive situations well.
Pros
all
Cons
Virtual Desktop System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2017
The company culture is inclusive and welcoming. I have never worked with so many people that were that smart and had that high a level of personal integrity
No focus on career development for those not in the manager clicks
Investment Accountant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2017
If you can produce results and prove your worth this is not a place you can advance in your career. The only advancement is given to those employees that are in the manager's clicks. Promotions are not given on results but on who the manager's believe is most like them in which they like them better.
Good salary and retirement plan but company is extremely disorganized
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJune 2, 2017
Management doesn't know what they're doing. Employees are discouraged from speaking up or else you're "not a team player." Incompetence and laziness are rewarded while hard work is ignored.
Pleasant
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2017
TIAA-CREF was a wonderful company to work for, had the perfect hours to work 7-4, the manager that I had to report to was an outstanding manager, was willing to work with you and anything you didn't quite understand she was willing to get you the tools you needed.
Review Summary
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2017
Great private company. Small family feel; great people and culture. I would recommend as a place to work, although, when I was there, they did not allow working from home, which would have allowed for a better work, life balance.
Good company
Banking Consultant I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2017
good working hours. good knowledge of banking and retirement. its a great place to be at and start. good benefits, but if you dont like sitting behind a desk for a long time, this isnt the job for you.
JOb Security
Money Movement Services, Clients Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 26, 2017
Great benefits, great organization culture. Slow with technology. Opportunities for advancement are limited to where you start. Teams often work in silos. Awesome volunteer opportunities
My experience
Wealth Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 25, 2017
Needs to make some improvements, a bit overly bureaucratic. Company needs to improve in order to be able to compete with similar companies in its space.
Good for a financial services company
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 25, 2017
Not bad for a call center. Pay and benefits are above competitors. Large company with advancement in sales fields. Not for profit, so their focus is different than other market peers.
Consultant
Sr. Digital Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
I worked for TIAA as a consultant for 18 months and found a very positive culture. Since I had to learn the organization the employees were very helpful in getting me up-to-speed and were respectful of me just learning and very patient.
Pros
people
Cons
ability to move from CW to FTE is not always possible
Great place to work.
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 24, 2017
Very good benefits and pay. Always treated fairly by co workers and management. left as part of an early retirement incentive otherwise I would still be there today.
Client Relationship Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2017
The culture at tiaa is very competitive. If you don't respond and compete at a high level, you are talked to and even written up. They pay well and even pay great bonuses but that might be changing soon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TIAA. Our community is ready to answer.