ticketnetwork

ticketnetwork Employee Reviews

what a joke
call center (Former Employee), South Windsor, CTMay 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch and parties.
Cons: work does not equal the pay, no raise or advancement opportunities
you get free food... that is about it. if you luck out and end up in the call center. prepare yourself. you will be the peons of that company. you will do all the work and be paid peanuts. don't forget to always ask for the sale, is what you will hear everyday from managers who are too lazy to take an escalated call but will ride you so they can make their commission off of you. i can go on and on, but there is no point. nothing will change there. good luck.
Fun Perks DO NOT make up for the BAD management
Call Center - Part Time (Former Employee), South Windsor CT - Gerber RdMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch, and fun company parties
Cons: poor management, bad communication, low compensation
A typical day at work was logging in to your desk ( which could change everyday ) - and starting work - answering incoming calls from people looking for tickets to events , I would say 75% of the people calling thought they were calling the Primary Market - ( Ticketmaster) when you went over pricing many just honestly thought they missed the price level they called for and just bought anyway. During the sale you give a speech about being the secondary market no affiliation with the box office or venue. The way they teach you to go though it makes it very sneaky . They have you mesh it in between statements, then once the transaction was complete the company is telling us we need to offer an affenion program ( we transfer you to a telemarketer by saying for calling today you qualify for this 25.00 rebate can I transfer you. This is said to every caller - including irate customers or ones who figured out you aren't Ticketmaster ) If we don't say this we are written up. However when I interviewed and was hired I was told we would never have to any telemarketing. Management is a JOKE , many have nothing higher then a High School Diploma or some College. They mostly got where they are because they were friend's with someone or out of just being there since it opened so as the company grew they got promoted out of default . This runs very true for the team managers and the call center manager. If you have more knowledge( which isn't hard ) then your manager and you call them out on mismanagement - forget it you are in BIG trouble. I worked Part Time here for extra money while we were – more... buying our house , My manager hated that if I had a concern I was not afraid to voice it. She was intimidated by my knowledge and that I would not tolerate being spoke down to ( another GREAT management trait there ). I have a Master's Degree and work for the largest hospital in the state. I will not be spoken to like I was a piece of trash. The team I worked on was great , my co-workers were pleasant and nice to talk to. Hardest Part of the job is Lying to the customers - TicketNetwork is a 3rd party they sell Ticket Brokers the use of their software. So when you buy tickets off a website ex: BarginSeatsOnline , its really a broker using Ticket Network Software so if there is an issue with the order and you call the 800 number at the top of the page on Bargain Seats Online we at Ticket Network see it come through from that website and answer the phone accordingly depending on what website you call in from .. At this point we then tell you were just the software company and we need to try to reach the selling broker company - which you have a 50% chance they don't and your buyer gets stuck with worse seats then they ordered , or no tickets received , or being told at the door your tickets are invalid. This happens a lot ! We would reach out to a manager , who would email the ticket broker who sold the tickets and hope for some resolution .. Typically the customer is irate and Managers REFUSE to take irate calls and tell you to handle it .. I worked here for 4mths before I realized it was just an awful run company and left. I was never so happy to tell a job that this just wasn't a company I wanted to associate with. – less
Fun Place To Work Lots of Great People
Digital Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Vernon, CTSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free parking
Cons: across the board culture shift
Work with the latest technology with a rapidly growing company.
Employee-focused company with fun perks
PPC Analyst (Former Employee), South Windsor, CTMarch 27, 2014
Pros: hard word = bonuses
Cons: some management instability has made the company direction unclear as of late...
Hard work pays off with good bonuses and fun company activities
Dynamic and creative environment
Assistant Product Manager (Current Employee), South Windsor, CTFebruary 9, 2014
Ticketnetwork is a company made up of hardworking, creative, and fast thinking individuals who always strive to do their best. Working hard is a given among employees. It's a place that encourages learning and professional as well as personal growth. The relaxed dress code and great job perks like free lunch encourage a friendly and open atmosphere.
Fun, young company.
Customer Service Representative/Adjunct Trainer (Current Employee), South Windsor, CTJanuary 13, 2014
TicketNetwork is a wonderful corporation with plenty of room to grow. The provide free lunch, free laundry, a gym as well as numerous social after work events throughout the year.
Fun workplace
Training Specialist (Current Employee), South Windsor, CTSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: casual dress, free lunch, company parties, free laundry, free gym, ping pong/pool tables, classes available to further computer/company knowledge
Cons: treatment of "lower" employees, favoritism was obvious
I love the mostly relaxed environment, casual dress attire, and the majority of my co-workers. A typical day in the call center involves clocking in for the day and taking calls until break time. It can be a monotonous routine. I've learned a lot about the secondary ticket market, using different computer programs, multi-tasking, and some management skills through working here. The hardest part about the job i believe is following the talk time guidelines and not getting bored with the information you are providing. You have to find a way to keep it interesting for yourself. The best part about the job is really interacting with different customers and co-workers to make your day a bit more interesting.
Overall, it's a good place to work
Content Developer (Current Employee), South Windsor, CTJuly 2, 2013
Pros: free lunch, continued education, laid back, comfortable dress code
Cons: mediocre pay, mediocre health care benefits
As my summary said, it's tough to complain to much about coming to work everyday. It's a very laid back place to work for the most part, where people can be themselves. There are great daily perks here, including free lunches, breakfast available, coffee, etc. There are also great company parties and amenities around the building.

I also have been able to learn a lot of valuable things to help advance my career thanks to classes they offer a few times a year. I have been able to become proficient in excel and learned everything I know about HTML here as well.

I have enjoyed my time here and would recommend it to anyone interested in it.

July 16, 2013

I am interested in contining my education in Data Communications.

Fun company to work for, great atmosphere
Content Developer (Current Employee), South Windsor, CTJune 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch, on-site gym/laundry, laid back
Cons: pay is not competitive, long interview process
I currently work at TN and I can definitely see myself here for a while. There are a lot of perks here that you likely wouldn’t get elsewhere – unless every office serves free daily lunch, offers several different areas to lounge in, encourages you to do your laundry while on site, and has its own gym. No big deal, right?

That said, a company can toss all the perks it wants at you, but if you still go in hating your job, then what’s the point? It’s not really like that at TN, since there is a lot of room for internal growth. Positions are always changing as new campaigns start up (I suppose that could be a bad thing if that's not something you're interested in) which keeps things interesting. You probably won't have a job where you're doing the exact same thing day in and day out.

Plus, if you realize you don't like what you're doing or you just want to try something new, TN offers you the ability to transfer departments. There's also a chance for you to influence the evolution of your position/role, since managers (at least the ones I work with) are open to new ideas and tend to be very accommodating.

The people here are great, and the emphasis is on fostering a welcoming environment. The company is big on creating lasting relationships between you and your co-workers through "theme" days (Twin Day, Team Day, etc.), team building outings, clubs/groups to get involved in, and family event days on site (particularly for big holidays, like Independence Day and Christmas).

TN is so big that there are a lot of different departments and often no two positions are the same, even if they have the same title, so I can't speak to "typical" days as they would be different for everyone. But if you like fun, laid-back atmospheres at a place where there are opportunities to learn, grow, and change, then I'd absolutely recommend TN.
Great company to work for and with!
Customer Service (Former Employee), South Windsor, CTJune 11, 2013
Pros: free lunch, fun atmosphere, scheduling flexibility, great parties, funfessional work environment
TicketNetwork is a great place to work! I've been here for four years and have nothing but good things to say. There are a lot of wonderful and creative people at the company and a lot of great opportunities for career advancement. The company likes to grow its current employees and mentor them through increasing levels of responsibility. Management is open to hiring talented, entry-level employees and isn't afraid to respect quirkiness and individuality among its employees. The company offers free lunch to employees and great social events - as well as great corporate perks. TicketNetwork is also very fast-growing. It's good to be a part of a company that is so successful.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), South Windsor, CTJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: free lunch, laundry, and casual dress code
Cons: unless u want to stay in the call center not too much room for growth, extremely clicky environment, pay is sub-par
As a CSR, you probably couldn't have an easier job. You place orders for people looking for tickets to sports, concerts, and theatre events. You get an hourly rate plus an incentive pay on whatever you sell.

Easy job and customers call you so NO COLD CALLING.

Only annoying part is answering the same questions on a daily basis.
Interesting Fringe Benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), South Windsor, CTDecember 28, 2012
Pros: free meals
Cons: not much help from some supervisors
The company has some very different fringe benefits, from free meals, pool tables, free laundry and a gym on site. They have amazing parties for almost any holiday. For the most part there are some very nice and helpful people that work there.

I was part time so I don't know much about the insurance benefits.
productive and fun work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), South Windsor, CTAugust 31, 2012
Pros: free lunch, pays commision
Cons: favortism, doesnt pay enough
a typical work day would be answering phone calls for people looking for different sporting events and concerts, i would help them navigate through the site as well as place orders for the tickets. hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers that havent gotten tickets yet to events and trying to calm them down. most enjoyable part of the day is lunch because the food is pretty good. my co workers are very fun and easy to talk to and managers there make it a very comfortable enviorment for me and my other co workers as well.
Unique, fun, and dedicated company
Email Marketer (Former Employee), South Windsor, CTAugust 27, 2012
I loved working here! It has a great company vibe and wonderful people. Everyone works really hard and puts in valuable effort and time into their job. Company perks are great as well, like free freshly made lunches, fitness center, game room, etc.
Bad company
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Windsor, CTAugust 20, 2012
This is the worst company to work for. They tell u one thing and do the other. If u love working with customers and helping them well this is not the place for u
Department
Junior Fullfilment Specialist (Current Employee), South Windsor, CTJuly 5, 2012
Pros: free lunches, fitness center
Cons: bad management, un-ethical values
In the first few months everyone was helpful & understanding. After 6 months you really get a feel for the company as a whole & how they operate. The company caters to those who have been with them through out their many transitions.
There is a such thing as free lunch
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), South Windsor, CTMay 4, 2012
Cons: pay is not competitive.
And, breakfast and dinner if you happen to be there at those hours. There is ping pong, pool, a gym, a laundry room with 4 washers and dryers and last but not least a night club- all in the building. The company is a great place to work. And everybody does work hard. The great atmosphere makes that easy.
Employees