ticketnetwork Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative/ PL Queue (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTAugust 23, 2016
I would answer phones for 8 hours a day. I learned how people can act on a phone. Hardest part is to make customers buy tickets.
Pros
laundry at work
Cons
healthcare
Fun work environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTApril 19, 2016
Great place to work for recent college grads to gain experience in tech related fields. There are a ton of great perks, heavy CEO involvement and the company really looks out for its employees.
Pros
Great work life, fun place to work
Cons
Low salary
Great atmosphere, lower compensation
SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJanuary 18, 2016
Overall TicketNetwork is a great place to work. They offer free meals, ping pong, pool tables and a very laid back atmosphere. However, because they offer free food they pay lower than the industry standard for any job title.
Fun workplace, decent perks
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  South WindsorAugust 25, 2015
I've genuinely liked working at TicketNetwork, however they can get away with paying lower wages for all the perks that they have (free food, laundry room, gym, fun parties, etc), but if you don't want to take advantage of the perks (i.e. if you don't need to bring your laundry to a cleaners, or you prefer to workout without using a gym, if you don't like the food, etc) then it makes it difficult to be satisfied with the wage/salary you're being paid. Co-workers are great and managers are very approachable. Great company culture as well.
Pros
Free food, fun parties, interesting corporate perks, organic garden
Cons
Changes in upper management, lower pay.
Some good benefits for some, but bad career.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJuly 20, 2015
Working in the call center like working on an assembly line nonstop. Callers treat you crummy which is bad enough but management treats you crummy too. Most call center managers okay but they get their orders from people on the executive side of the building and those people don't care. Every once a while they tell you that you are important then they turn right around and treat you like you don't matter. They tell you about game room and free lunch and parties but if you haven't been there 100 years or not a managers buddy then you never have time for the game room, by the time you get food and find a seat your break is over, and the parties are at night so if you work nights you're out of luck.
You will get a bad shift but it doesn't matter because they force you to come in at different times anyway or on your day off and you have to work every holiday in the world Christmas included.
They offer transfers and training but nobody from the call center ever gets anything but stuck in the call center. Then once in a while they give free coffee and donuts (you could just get them in the lunch room free if your breaks were better) like that makes for everything we go through. Pay is better than retail or fast food but not anywhere else and benefits are way too expensive but I heard other departments people don't have to pay as much as we do. Not fair.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
CSRs don't get any benefits other people do, get looked down on

Comment – September 3, 2015

TicketNetwork strives to provide its employees with a great work environment and the ability to grow their careers within the company. TicketNetwork offers a competitive and affordable benefits package, which includes multiple medical and dental coverage options, a 401(k) plan with company match, life and AD&D insurance options, paid time off, free lunch, a game room, an onsite gym, and onsite laundry facilities to name a few. In regards to the medical, dental, and other insurance coverage, all employees pay the same rates regardless of what department they work for. The other benefits offered, such as free lunch, game room, onsite gym, and onsite laundry facilities, are available for all employees to use during their breaks as well as before and after work. TicketNetwork’s call center is open 24/7, 365 days a year, which does require some coverage on holidays. There is a fair process in place to determine which holidays are assigned to ensure an employee does not work all holidays. TicketNetwork believes in offering growth opportunities to its associates and has many success stories of employees that have moved to other roles within the organization, which includes many from the call center.

what a joke
call center (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTMay 30, 2015
you get free food... that is about it. if you luck out and end up in the call center. prepare yourself. you will be the peons of that company. you will do all the work and be paid peanuts. don't forget to always ask for the sale, is what you will hear everyday from managers who are too lazy to take an escalated call but will ride you so they can make their commission off of you. i can go on and on, but there is no point. nothing will change there. good luck.
Pros
free lunch and parties.
Cons
work does not equal the pay, no raise or advancement opportunities
Fun Perks DO NOT make up for the BAD management
Call Center - Part Time (Former Employee) –  South Windsor CT - Gerber RdMarch 4, 2015
A typical day at work was logging in to your desk ( which could change everyday ) - and starting work - answering incoming calls from people looking for tickets to events , I would say 75% of the people calling thought they were calling the Primary Market - ( Ticketmaster) when you went over pricing many just honestly thought they missed the price level they called for and just bought anyway. During the sale you give a speech about being the secondary market no affiliation with the box office or venue. The way they teach you to go though it makes it very sneaky . They have you mesh it in between statements, then once the transaction was complete the company is telling us we need to offer an affenion program ( we transfer you to a telemarketer by saying for calling today you qualify for this 25.00 rebate can I transfer you. This is said to every caller - including irate customers or ones who figured out you aren't Ticketmaster ) If we don't say this we are written up. However when I interviewed and was hired I was told we would never have to any telemarketing. Management is a JOKE , many have nothing higher then a High School Diploma or some College. They mostly got where they are because they were friend's with someone or out of just being there since it opened so as the company grew they got promoted out of default . This runs very true for the team managers and the call center manager. If you have more knowledge( which isn't hard ) then your manager and you call them out on mismanagement - forget it you are in BIG trouble. I worked Part Time here for extra money  more... while we were buying our house , My manager hated that if I had a concern I was not afraid to voice it. She was intimidated by my knowledge and that I would not tolerate being spoke down to ( another GREAT management trait there ). I have a Master's Degree and work for the largest hospital in the state. I will not be spoken to like I was a piece of trash. The team I worked on was great , my co-workers were pleasant and nice to talk to. Hardest Part of the job is Lying to the customers - TicketNetwork is a 3rd party they sell Ticket Brokers the use of their software. So when you buy tickets off a website ex: BarginSeatsOnline , its really a broker using Ticket Network Software so if there is an issue with the order and you call the 800 number at the top of the page on Bargain Seats Online we at Ticket Network see it come through from that website and answer the phone accordingly depending on what website you call in from .. At this point we then tell you were just the software company and we need to try to reach the selling broker company - which you have a 50% chance they don't and your buyer gets stuck with worse seats then they ordered , or no tickets received , or being told at the door your tickets are invalid. This happens a lot ! We would reach out to a manager , who would email the ticket broker who sold the tickets and hope for some resolution .. Typically the customer is irate and Managers REFUSE to take irate calls and tell you to handle it .. I worked here for 4mths before I realized it was just an awful run company and left. I was never so happy to tell a job that this just wasn't a company I wanted to associate with.  less
Pros
Free Lunch, and Fun Company Parties
Cons
Poor Management, Bad Communication, Low Compensation

Comment – September 3, 2015

TicketNetwork strives to provide excellent service to all customers, and our call center representatives and managers are trained to meet this goal. TicketNetwork is a secondary ticket marketplace and clearly represents this fact to the customers. During our agent training we provide the agent with appropriate language that is a standard to be used during calls to ensure the customers know they are purchasing from the secondary ticket market. Furthermore, TicketNetwork has a strong community of ticket brokers who are very focused on providing excellent customer service to everyone who purchases tickets from their inventory through TicketNetwork’s marketplace. All orders are backed up by a guarantee, which is listed on each broker’s website as well as on TicketNetwork’s site.

Fun Place To Work Lots of Great People
Digital Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTSeptember 17, 2014
Work with the latest technology with a rapidly growing company.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Parking
Cons
Across the board culture shift
Employee-focused company with fun perks
PPC Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTMarch 27, 2014
Hard work pays off with good bonuses and fun company activities
Pros
Hard word = bonuses
Cons
Some management instability has made the company direction unclear as of late...
Dynamic and creative environment
Assistant Product Manager (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTFebruary 9, 2014
Ticketnetwork is a company made up of hardworking, creative, and fast thinking individuals who always strive to do their best. Working hard is a given among employees. It's a place that encourages learning and professional as well as personal growth. The relaxed dress code and great job perks like free lunch encourage a friendly and open atmosphere.
Fun, young company.
Customer Service Representative/Adjunct Trainer (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJanuary 13, 2014
TicketNetwork is a wonderful corporation with plenty of room to grow. The provide free lunch, free laundry, a gym as well as numerous social after work events throughout the year.
Fun workplace
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTSeptember 14, 2013
I love the mostly relaxed environment, casual dress attire, and the majority of my co-workers. A typical day in the call center involves clocking in for the day and taking calls until break time. It can be a monotonous routine. I've learned a lot about the secondary ticket market, using different computer programs, multi-tasking, and some management skills through working here. The hardest part about the job i believe is following the talk time guidelines and not getting bored with the information you are providing. You have to find a way to keep it interesting for yourself. The best part about the job is really interacting with different customers and co-workers to make your day a bit more interesting.
Pros
casual dress, free lunch, company parties, free laundry, free gym, ping pong/pool tables, classes available to further computer/company knowledge
Cons
treatment of "lower" employees, favoritism was obvious
Overall, it's a good place to work
Content Developer (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJuly 2, 2013
As my summary said, it's tough to complain to much about coming to work everyday. It's a very laid back place to work for the most part, where people can be themselves. There are great daily perks here, including free lunches, breakfast available, coffee, etc. There are also great company parties and amenities around the building.

I also have been able to learn a lot of valuable things to help advance my career thanks to classes they offer a few times a year. I have been able to become proficient in excel and learned everything I know about HTML here as well.

I have enjoyed my time here and would recommend it to anyone interested in it.
Pros
Free lunch, continued education, laid back, comfortable dress code
Cons
mediocre pay, mediocre health care benefits
Fun company to work for, great atmosphere
Content Developer (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJune 13, 2013
I currently work at TN and I can definitely see myself here for a while. There are a lot of perks here that you likely wouldn’t get elsewhere – unless every office serves free daily lunch, offers several different areas to lounge in, encourages you to do your laundry while on site, and has its own gym. No big deal, right?

That said, a company can toss all the perks it wants at you, but if you still go in hating your job, then what’s the point? It’s not really like that at TN, since there is a lot of room for internal growth. Positions are always changing as new campaigns start up (I suppose that could be a bad thing if that's not something you're interested in) which keeps things interesting. You probably won't have a job where you're doing the exact same thing day in and day out.

Plus, if you realize you don't like what you're doing or you just want to try something new, TN offers you the ability to transfer departments. There's also a chance for you to influence the evolution of your position/role, since managers (at least the ones I work with) are open to new ideas and tend to be very accommodating.

The people here are great, and the emphasis is on fostering a welcoming environment. The company is big on creating lasting relationships between you and your co-workers through "theme" days (Twin Day, Team Day, etc.), team building outings, clubs/groups to get involved in, and family event days on site (particularly for big holidays, like Independence Day and Christmas).

TN is so big that there are a lot of different departments and often no two positions are the
  more... same, even if they have the same title, so I can't speak to "typical" days as they would be different for everyone. But if you like fun, laid-back atmospheres at a place where there are opportunities to learn, grow, and change, then I'd absolutely recommend TN.   less
Pros
Free lunch, on-site gym/laundry, laid back
Cons
Pay is not competitive, long interview process
Great company to work for and with!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJune 11, 2013
TicketNetwork is a great place to work! I've been here for four years and have nothing but good things to say. There are a lot of wonderful and creative people at the company and a lot of great opportunities for career advancement. The company likes to grow its current employees and mentor them through increasing levels of responsibility. Management is open to hiring talented, entry-level employees and isn't afraid to respect quirkiness and individuality among its employees. The company offers free lunch to employees and great social events - as well as great corporate perks. TicketNetwork is also very fast-growing. It's good to be a part of a company that is so successful.
Pros
free lunch, fun atmosphere, scheduling flexibility, great parties, funfessional work environment
Rotten management practices
Desk job (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTApril 2, 2013
I was hired for an entry level position. Two months later, I started being assigned work from a different department. At the beginning of the second week of that, I asked my boss what was going on, and she was unaware of what was going on. She, in turn consulted the CEO directly and he confirmed that oh yes, I was being transferred to the other department, effective immediately. I replaced the department head whom they had just fired. Since they combined his position with another one, I was paid a fraction of what he had made and I had twice the work. The next day I was running the department with no training and there was no boss between me and the busy CEO. It was chaos and I felt I had nowhere to turn. Then there was *the* company scandal and management was all changed up when he was arrested and I was assigned to a maniacal boss who HR told me they couldn't do anything about because she was the CEO's "pet" and even though they had had numerous people quit under her. I asked how many, and the HR person said about 15. I quit.

The corporate structure is incredibly unstable. There is an extremely friendly atmosphere and I met a lot of great people. Even still though, I would not work there again just because of the things HR told me and how the execs treated myself and other workers.
Pros
casual attire, friendly atmosphere, free cafeteria, large desks
Cons
unstable corporate structure, business is based on ripping off consumers, company uses perks to justify disrespecting workers
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJanuary 4, 2013
As a CSR, you probably couldn't have an easier job. You place orders for people looking for tickets to sports, concerts, and theatre events. You get an hourly rate plus an incentive pay on whatever you sell.

Easy job and customers call you so NO COLD CALLING.

Only annoying part is answering the same questions on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunch, laundry, and casual dress code
Cons
unless u want to stay in the call center not too much room for growth, extremely clicky environment, pay is sub-par
Interesting Fringe Benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTDecember 28, 2012
The company has some very different fringe benefits, from free meals, pool tables, free laundry and a gym on site. They have amazing parties for almost any holiday. For the most part there are some very nice and helpful people that work there.

I was part time so I don't know much about the insurance benefits.
Pros
free meals
Cons
not much help from some supervisors
productive and fun work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTAugust 31, 2012
a typical work day would be answering phone calls for people looking for different sporting events and concerts, i would help them navigate through the site as well as place orders for the tickets. hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers that havent gotten tickets yet to events and trying to calm them down. most enjoyable part of the day is lunch because the food is pretty good. my co workers are very fun and easy to talk to and managers there make it a very comfortable enviorment for me and my other co workers as well.
Pros
free lunch, pays commision
Cons
favortism, doesnt pay enough
Unique, fun, and dedicated company
Email Marketer (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTAugust 27, 2012
I loved working here! It has a great company vibe and wonderful people. Everyone works really hard and puts in valuable effort and time into their job. Company perks are great as well, like free freshly made lunches, fitness center, game room, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ticketnetwork. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6
2.7
2.9

ticketnetwork Reviews by Location

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime