Tidewater Community College Employee Reviews

I worked a work study while I was going school.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 16, 2017
I worked in the admission office. I helped students to apply for Tidewater Community College, and I also ordered supplies and filled out paper works. I attended and helped the supervisor for presentation in differents schools.
Okay not great
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 5, 2017
Benefits great, Pay below average, Hard to advance, Some schedule flexibility depending on department and supervisor, Multiple locations, State-employee.
Pros
Below average pay
Cons
Friendly environment, good health insurance
Not bad if you work there
Part-Time Student Center Employee (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 1, 2017
TCC student center is a great place to work at if you are also a student there; although, I'm unsure if they are continuing to hire part-time employees.
fun place to work
Secretary (work-study) (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23320July 27, 2017
I enjoyed working here because I worked in the counseling and financial aid office. I enjoyed meeting the different people and getting to know there stories and help them with what they needed
Pros
workplace environment
DEAN: BUSINESS, IT & PUBLIC SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 22, 2017
TCC is a great place to work. It is a large community college with four campuses, a regional automotive center and visual arts center located in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia.
Energetic place
Computer Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 18, 2017
During my 2 years working in TCC, i have learned on how Provide standard administrative, technical, and production services and information to the students in the computer lab. I have lean red from management on how to conduct presentations on various software packages/applications.
Fast Paced Academic Environment
ADMISSIONS OFFICE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 6, 2017
TCC provides a fast paced, highly rewarding environment. The work is constant and there is a high level of team work and excellent communication. It is just as much fun as it is constant. Great place for those that like fun and fast paced.
It was fine
Student Veteran Educational Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 25, 2017
Tidewater Community College, also known as "TCC," is a two-year higher education institution in South Hampton Roads with campuses in Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Virginia Beach.
productive and fun work place.
MATHMATICS TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 20, 2017
Working on campus enabled me to work 30 hours a week and go to school full-time. I was able to get paid while helping others with their math homework, which enabled me to stay sharp.
Not a fair review as it was a work study
Tutor in Mathematics ( Work Study) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 11, 2017
Again another problem with the forced review system. this was a work study job, you cannot apply without being a student, making this review completely pointless. a grand exercise in wasting time.
So far, so good!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 4, 2017
While I was hired on the first day of the semester to teach a technical report writing course for a local shipyard apprenticeship program, I found the administration to be a breeze to work with. Everyone in the division office and in HR made sure that I had everything that I needed to create and teach a course that would go without a hitch.

I've thoroughly enjoyed working for TCC in that they provide a healthy and communication heavy work environment that is both positive and conducive for growth and positive critique.
Team driven environment and driven to a great enrollment culture.
Admin and Office Spec II (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 3, 2017
A typical day at work during Spring and Fall semesters can be very fast paced. It also is very rewarding to see the lives affected by your leadership and initiative to solve problems.
Pros
Great asset to the community
Cons
Budget Cut, State industry
Productive and Fun Place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 24, 2017
I have worked at TCC for over 10 years. It has groomed me to become a much better person and employee and leader. The company has a great group of people to work with.
Pros
Flexibility of scheduling
Great job as a college student
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 20, 2017
I loved this job, I would be able to help set up labs and you had alot of time that you could use to do your homework. It was a fun job and I liked it alot.
same education lower price
Student (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 8, 2017
relaxed decent teachers use rate my professor to find the best ones. financial aid can be difficult so make sure your fafsa is taken xare of way in advance
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
finanxial aid and counseling
I had a negative and positive time there
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 5, 2017
Tidewater Community College was most affordable college in the area. I had a really great time there and I also had a really horrible time there as well.
Pros
It was most afforable
Cons
People in higher positions there didn't live up to my exspectations
Challenging, but with exceptional instructors
Student (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 31, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my experience at TCC and it's Beazley School of Nursing. Typically, we spent one or two days in classroom lectures, then we rotated through local hospitals in various departments to apply what we learned in the classroom. A typical clinical day consisted of a twelve-hour shift during which we were assigned several patients to care for, reporting to the patient's primary RN as well as our instructor. We learned the importance of EMR and documentation, patient assessment, nursing diagnoses, pharmacology, interpretation of laboratory results and their implications, when to notify a physician of a patients' change in condition, and how to manage time. The most difficult part was definitely time management, as unexpected situations would arise that would interfere with scheduled duties such as medication administration or reassessment of a patient's condition.
Pros
Challenging, loved the teamwork environment, always busy
Cons
Long shifts with very little downtime
Good experiece
Program Assistant for American Sign Language (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 29, 2017
It was good place to work at. Workplace culture is so diversity and interesting. I learned few things like how to interact with students. The hardest thing was the planning the event and I managed to ensure the event planning was being coordinated efficiently.
Pros
no work on fridays for me
Cons
no health benefits
Great Place to work
Welcome Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 29, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Tidewater Community College. I have nothing negative to say about the company except the employees do not leave. :) This can be a positive because this means job security. This can be negative because this will give you no room to move up because there will be minimum position available to fill. Great place and work environment.
Great place to work but again not enough pay
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 27, 2017
The workplace culture is amazing and I just loved working here, but I could not survive off of the low pay. If only they paid more, I would have loved to retire here.