Tidewell Hospice Employee Reviews

Wonderful Experience
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA/PRN (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 24, 2017
This is what I was ment to do with my life. Very rewarding. Met some wonderful people. For the most part fellow workers where
very nice people and all willing to help.
Pros
The whole experience
Cons
The upper management
Certified Hospice CNA/ Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 2, 2017
Typical work day: busy
What you learned: patience
Management: Micromanaged
Workplace culture: friendly
The hardest part of the job: observing the a lost of a patient
The most enjoyable part of the job:retreats
Pros
time off and 3-4 day work week
Cons
the long hours at work with half hour lunch
emotional place
Crisis Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 23, 2017
sometimes nurses go home feeling sad after loosing a patient. lots of emotional support to the family members. best company to work for I would refer any good nurses to work there. all the employees are compassionate
A wonderful orgaization helping terminal patients
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 11, 2017
I worked for Tidewell for nearly 25 years as a accounts payable specialist, accounts receivable specialist and finally payroll coordinator. I enjoyed all my coworkers.
Autonomy
Admission Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 8, 2017
Enjoyable job, good co-workers, a bit of travel to different facilities, ability to work independently. Many changes over the years, some good, others not appealing
To impersonal
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA/PRN (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 30, 2017
When I first started with TideWell it was a family and the customer was the most important part of our world. All was very private and personal. Change in management came and company lost it's personal and private nature. The care of the customer was still
good, but the rest became a money making business that I found
unbecoming.
Pros
gas milage
Cons
became very untrusting.
The only place to work if you want to work for a hospice. It is the only one in town.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Good patient care. Good services for patients including Veterans Services, bereavement services. Dedicated clinical staff. Positions eliminated according to patient census.
Pros
Abilty to work with patients and families
Cons
No job security
Excelente ambiente
CNA Hospice (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FloridaJanuary 30, 2017
La compañia, supervisores y jefes inmediatos en general excelentes.
Su trato muy respetuoso y amable, salario y prestaciones de la mas alta calidad.
Pros
Prestaciones superiores a la ley
Cons
No había facilidad de promocion
Poor management very low morale no room for advancement
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 26, 2017
If you feel you are a person of integrity and you believe and are passionate about your job, this is not the place for you. While the staff is some of the best ever, management is a disaster. They have a "hoard the fame and spread the blame" mentality. If they like you, you are great. If they don't like you, they work very hard to fire you or get you to quit. Many people of great quality have been driven from this place because they had the audacity to think for themselves. The co-workers are the best part of this job - the management the worst. The organization was, at one time, one of the best places to work, but now it is impossible to deal with the bullying and the hostile work environment.
overall good place to work, management can be challenging and no advancement unless you have RN
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed the work I did, I enjoyed my team. Time spent with patient and family sometimes takes a backseat to all of the paperwork and documenting you have to complete. Because it is a medical model, as an MSW or anything other than an RN, there is no ability to advance really. There are some micro-managers in the agency.

Want to know more about Tidewell Hospice?

Ask a question
Kindest staff I've ever worked with.
Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 27, 2016
Personally not a good fit for myself due to no patient contact besides speaking to family and patients briefly regarding Hospice services offered. Most of job required driving almost 50 miles a day visiting hospitals, nursing homes, ALF, and perspective clients homes.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Not enough time to thoroughly admit patient on the level of completion for my standard of care
Coordination of care with Dr., family and ALF staffing.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 2, 2016
Assessments, med management, wound care, equipment ordering, family counseling. Great co workers, very helpful, team players. Poor management, overwhelmed with duties, scheduling. Travel was the hardest part of the job. Patients and family were the most enjoyable part.
Excellent place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 11, 2016
this company is wonderful and really takes pride in the care for paitents as well as employees. I would recommend this place to anyone to work as you wont find any better employer
Very good company to work for.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FL 34205August 22, 2016
The people I work with at Tidewell are like a second family to me. A typical work day at Tidewell will always include food so be prepared to gain some weight. The hardest part is dealing with death.
Management unfair, disorganized
Lpn coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLJuly 24, 2016
I worked as intake lpn/coordinator. That team was gossippy, jealous, bossy and egotistical. The worst set of women i ever worked with. Everyone thought they were boss. Nit pit, micromanage. The company does do great things. Way over the top. Except for field nurses, ppl were too uptight. Hated it, was miserable and quit. That dept was disorganized and did not have policies in place. Good luck
Pros
Field staff
Cons
Disorganized, too uptight
Like watching the titanic sink...So sad.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 20, 2016
Upper Level Management (CEO, & EVP's & most VP's) are Vain & Ungrateful to the staff. Egos are out-of-control: In the public they steal the limelight and take the credit for the successes of the amazing hospice clinical team actually doing the end-of-life care with compassion. Heartless: They have no idea, or do they appear to care, that hospice is a people business and compassion should not be optional. Blame & Bullying: finger pointing and scapegoats are selected when things go wrong, even when it is clearly the fault of poor leadership. Arrogant: prevent collaboration that might reveal their ignorance, belittles any true expertise in staff that advocate for the patient & families. Divide and Conquer (including Human Resources) pit individuals and teams against one another, causing low morale and resentment of co-workers. Hostile & Judgmental: publicly makes negative remarks concerning former employees, and also state "you don't like it work somewhere else", generating fear among the staff of potential smear campaign or possible job loss. Only hospice in area, if you love working in the hospice field you have no where else to work. Morally Bankrupt: non-profit hospice but now run, like a for-profit "where you wash your hands of ethics" in order to increase your power and own self-interest which include company perks only for upper level management. Oppressive culture of Fear, many good people are quitting hospice to get off this sinking ship, so sad that a few people are destroying this once great company.
Pros
The clinicians, few managers, that do the real work, with compassion and integrity. Because they believe in and love what they do.
Cons
Upper Level Management
Unprofessional Organization
RN (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 7, 2016
HR is unprofessional and unorganized. The pay is low, and they tell you "but remember Florida has no state income taxes." The interview process is long, and they don't seem the least bit interested in what you can contribute to their organization. In a peer interview another nurse asked me, "are you sure you want to come work here, I mean every day they are throwing another piece of paper at you?" I have known several nurses who work here a few months and then run!
Pros
Working with hospice patients.
Cons
Poor pay, definite separation between management and employees.
No integrity
clerical support (Current Employee) –  Manatee County, FLJanuary 5, 2016
Pros
Great Nurses.
Former Employee
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 27, 2015
This place is corrupt. There is no confidentiality, management thinks they are above the law and it wouldn't surprise me if they broke it. The workers are only good people out of this organization and those are the people who are getting abused!
Pros
The workers who are loyal and care about people
Cons
Management. It's an abusive place. No confidential. It's all smoking mirrors. Pure evil!
I wish I had seen this earlier !!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 6, 2015
I'm not going to say much more than has already been said. I moved to Florida from Michigan, and was frequently told things were different in Florida. That fine , except hospice standards and qualifications are mandated exactly the same across the United States. Poor, unethical, and fraudulent care is inexcusable. I truly enjoy hospice care and deliver quality care when allowed. But felt almost forced to leave a job I loved because of many of the practices done here. They are the only hospice in the area, and don't have to compete . I do however believe in hospice care, and would tell anyone to try learning hospice care. You will learn a lot about families, love, compassion, and even yourself.
Pros
Caring for people at a crucial time in there lives
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tidewell Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5