Tidewell Hospice

Tidewell Hospice Employer Reviews

This is the worst job I've ever had!
Administrative Director (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 5, 2013
Pros: caring for the terminally ill
Cons: working here
In theory this is compassionate work taking care of the dying and their families. In reality, this place is a nightmare! Inept executives that don't know how to lead, communicate and empower their staff. Management is bad at all levels from the executive team to the directors. No one ever knows what is going on, HR is the worst from the top down. Their – more... policy is: Stop wining, be thankful you have a job, if you don't like there is the door! IT is a disaster, the IT staff is inadequate and rotten to clinicians, they have the worse IT people in the world and support is awful, they make clinicians feel awful when their technology is what doesn't work. The CEO, CIO, CCO are pretty much dead weight and the one running the show is the CFO. Mistakes in caring for patients are made daily and even if reported it goes into a black hole. No one cares about doing the right thing because it doesn't matter, only the privileged few that are slackers and don't do or say much are valued. It is so sad to see a worthy cause be such a dysfunctional place to work. I don't know what the board doesn't see the issues! Stay out of this place, you will not be happy there - Guaranteed! – less
Sad it has gone so far downhill
anonymous (Former Employee), SarasotaMay 14, 2013
You will not be appreciated. Mang-all levels will lie to your face and feel not one ounce of remorse. Was "the best job I ever had" under past administration. ..not this one. Cant the board see or step in?
Terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee), Hospice HouseMay 9, 2013
Pros: patients and families
Cons: everything else
The type of work being done here is amazing but this is the worst company to work for. Management is terrible. Cut backs are made regardless of what is best practice for patients. Thousands and thousands of dollars are donated weekly and it would be great if it was investigated to see where that money really goes because it doesn't go for all those – more... special extra things they advertise. Morale is bad because no matter how hard you try, it is NEVER good enough. The benefits are good but very expensive and the pay is bad, I stayed because I loved what I did for patients and families. This type of nursing has benefits that money can't buy but I have had enough of being made to feel inadequate on a daily basis. – less
Love it and hate
would prefer to remain anonymous (Former Employee), PORT cHARLOTTE- vENICE flMay 3, 2013
Pros: people you get to work with and help
Cons: managment
Worked there for a short time . Tons of off clock requirements. Colleagues and work is wonderful almost made it worthwhile. The work is a special calling and I truly loved my job . Management my supervisor specifically made it impossible. Tons of people leaving jobs makes you wonder..... Management is a disaster.
very rewarding
CHPNA (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: pay rate could be better
I love my patients and co-workers.I have learned how to deal with people at a very difficult time of their lives,with caring and compassion. The hardest part of the job is not becoming to attached to some patients. My boss is very fair .
Satisfing and rewarding place to work.
PR Spec., Exec. Administrative Asst. Receptionist (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Being part of a team of caring people who give so much of themselves to care for their clients at end of life, was a very rewarding job. I liked being able to coordinate callers to get to the correct person they needed. Being able to help staff with their IT and clerical needs and building spread sheets, reports or creating flyers for events. The hectic – more... pace was a challenge I enjoyed and got great satisfaction when I was able to keep the flow of the office going smoothly. – less
budget cuts, budget cuts, budget cuts
nurse, looking for another job (Current Employee), SarasotaNovember 18, 2012
Pros: caring and compassionate co-workers
Cons: frequent staff turn-over; frequent staff and administrator changes, cuts; poor communication within departments and teams
Because of administrative, staff and clinical cuts the work expectations have tripled; little or no communication within and between departments; administrative support lacking, punitive mentality.
Hospice nursing--can be very rewarding; just have to go in with your eyes open with this organization.
Caring and focused nursing staff
Admissions and Professional Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLOctober 3, 2012
Pros: good benifits, competative salary, good paid time off program
Loved the people that I worked with, they are a wonderful caring group of nurses and support colleagues. Director level management are professional, caring and focused.
Weigh Your Decision Carefully
Nurse (Current Employee), SarasotaAugust 28, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management, poor morale, poor communication, lay offs, restructuring
If you only need good benefits and enjoy helping your co-workers try to make it through another day this is the job for you. If you expect to be valued as a human being/employee don't work here. There is a huge disconnect between upper management and those who care for patients - numbers and money are valued more than care by those who make decisions. – more... Lots of very good people with years of experience and caring hearts are leaving this organization. With good reason. – less

November 18, 2012

This review is spot-on!

May 9, 2013

I have to agree with you totally, I am also a former employee, went from being told, "This is the Best Job you will ever have," to "We don't care about your feelings, there's more to this job than compassion." I loved the job, coworkers, patients and family's..........management very micro, non supportive like you say, if you work there you need to be a silent one....and yes there has been a revolving door, I think that has a lot to say about a company, not very high moral and for good reason.

Working with cancer patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 16, 2012
Working with these amazing people was an amazing experience,they teach you the pros and cons of life and better ways to manage life.The help you realize just how precious life is.
Poor job security and confusing directives from management.
Social Work (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLMay 27, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: job security, management
A good workplace to help clients and families.Changes with staff,paperwork and job security not very good.I t is also difficult to receive answers to questions regarding procedures.

Tidewell Hospice Photos