Tidewell Hospice Employee Reviews

hospice
RN Case Manger (Former Employee), sarsotaJune 27, 2015
The hospice mission is all about compassion and caring. Working with patients and family was enjoyable for most of the time. Emotions run high. When I first started with Tidewell, my eyes were open to how truly pure the specialty was. Then, a new form of management took hold. What was a open and honest workforce quickly became institutionalized and numbers driven.

Today, Tidewell is a hostile workplace. Fear of losing your job is a constant worry. If you rub the wrong type of family ( rich and willing to give tidewell money) you're gone. If you question billing practices, you're gone. IF you kill a patient with a major medication error but friends with management, you can stay. Tidewell is not fair in its firing practices,
Excellent organization
Director of Admissions -South (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: Can advance in the organization.
Cons: None
Dedicated staff who believe in the mission. Senior management team has vision and is focused on the financial stability of the organization.
Supportive Staff
Crisis Care nurse (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLApril 29, 2015
Staff was very supportive and showed interest in our mental health and recovery related to multiple deaths in a shift period.
Management Needs To Get Off Their High Horse!
RN (Former Employee), SarasotaApril 21, 2015
Pros: Co-workers are nice and really care about the patients, enjoyed helping sick patients.
Cons: Cheap, Management doesn't treat their employess with respect!
The pay rate is terrible, management treats employees terrible
they look down on them like they are above everyone. You know
you are working for a cheap company when their employees are getting 5 to 10 cent raised for the entire year!

Just crazy considering the CEO drives around in a Bentley! Management gets a big Christmas bonus, everyone else is lucky to
get a Tidewell polo shirt! They don't even give (Cola) cost of living pay increase.

They have lost focus on why they started this business. There main focus now is making as much money and profits for themselves.

I had heard so many good things about Tidewell and honestly
after working there for several years it was a BIG disappointment
how they treat their hard working employees. It's all about
management and their profits! They look down on everyone
else that isn't management and treat them with no respect.
Great mission.
CNA/Admin (Current Employee), sarasota, FlApril 14, 2015
I don't have any thoughts. Its really a great company to work for. They have an excellent reputation within the community. Its a better approach to lifes journey.
dont even think about it
RN (Former Employee), floridaMarch 24, 2015
if you want a job where you love the patients, like bedside care hospice is for you. just don't expect to get decent raises, praise from mgt and expect your CNA's to sleep and complain a lot.
Good Company
LPN (Former Employee), Venice, FLMarch 7, 2015
My passion has always been hospice care. I would love to work again for Tidewell. They did offer me re-employment but it was for too many hours.
job was good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Englewood, FLDecember 22, 2014
Pros: helping the patients and familys
Cons: the sadness
Tidewell was a good company to work for. I learned that even through death I as a person gave much comfort to patients and family members, and that was very rewarding.
great caring people
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLOctober 18, 2014
Pros: wonderful coworkers
Cons: little times and resoures provided to care for ones self
wonderful coworkers ,providing care ,compassion ,symptom management to patients and families at sacred time in their lives.hardest part daily stress level .
productive workplace enviornment
RN (Former Employee), Port CharlotteOctober 9, 2014
Pros: helping people in need>
Cons: frustration of not being able to help all.
Amazing people doing great things for patients at the end of life and their families. A very supportive group of people.
How sad
LPN, Hospice Crisis Care (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: clients and co-workers
Cons: management
I worked at Tidewell several years ago as an LPN in crisis care. I am now an RN and have never forgotten how good it was to help patients and families at the most difficult points in their lives. I want to return to hospice but cannot because a vindictive supervisor put something in my file that makes me "not eligible for rehire" even though I gave notice and my last review was excellent. This supervisor even went so far as to reject my request to complete my RN hospice clinicals at her location two years after I quit. I was the only one out of 32 students forced to choose another hospice house. It saddens me that after nearly five years I am still unable to return to a job I am truly good at, am trained for and want to do! Thank you for letting me know that nothing has changed. I guess I will look elsewhere.
Enjoyed working with the volunteers who gave of their time to help others.
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee), Mound St. Sarasota, FlSeptember 4, 2014
Constant changing from one task to another.

How important customer service is in health environment

Many changes in management

The hardest part was to be able to finish one task prior to another more important task arrived.

New friends made..
No longer is Tidewell a values-driven organization.
CNA (Current Employee), Sarasota CountyOctober 7, 2013
Pros: working with wonderful team members, and the solemnity of working with the dying.
Cons: no communication, between team and management. workplace violence, lack of security, and safety measures for pm shift workers.
Moral principles do not always apply, which often leads to ethical dilemmas. Our goals for business growth has endangered our original mission; our quest for quality of life for our patients. The law of supply and demand is an unchangeable law of nature. When there are more suppliers prices go down and service goes up as they compete for business. Less competition means fewer choices, diminished services and a serious decrease in company morale. The Certificate Of Need in Sarasota and surrounding counties must be lifted for there to be healthy competition, it would force Tidewell to treat their valued employees better. Communication between team and management is reduced to an occassional email update, staff meetings are long gone which at one time gave employees the opportunity to share concerns and find workable solutions to in house and team issues. Doing the right thing for the right reason is no longer valued at Tidewell. Helping our own employees during difficult times is no longer a part of the Tidewell philosophy, that was the "Old Tidewell," and we are reminded of this on a daily basis. Working with other like-minded individuals that share the same mission, helping others and loving what they do by providing the best possible care they can, and because it is their true calling is the ONLY thing that keeps this company going. The turn over rate is steadily increasing due to employees realizing that everything they knew Tidewell to be is now gone, with no light at the end of the tunnel. The hardest part of the job was not the work that we did for the terminally ill or – more... their loved ones, that was and always will be the BEST part of our work. The hardest part of the job is realizing that, "The tragedy of a man's life is what dies inside of him while he lives," and we have watched this once GREAT company suck the life out of each and every employee that works in the clinical setting. Pulling staff members from their home base, and relocating them for a shift, due to staffing issues is a serious problem that ultimately effects patients through continuity of care. Not to mention that those staff members are not paid accordingly for this inconvenience. If a staff member has to be pulled to do PRN work, they should be compensated PRN pay. Don't be fooled by the hoop-la, hype, and shenanigans they feed you during your orientation, this is NOT the BEST job you'll ever have. The education department is so far removed from what really goes on in the field that those poor souls actually do believe it is the best job they'll ever have. But it is a paycheck and people need to get paid to survive, but if you go into this company blindly, you will be extremely disappointed. Remember that "not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." ~ Albert Einstein – less
This is the worst job I've ever had!
Administrative Director (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 5, 2013
Pros: caring for the terminally ill
Cons: working here
In theory this is compassionate work taking care of the dying and their families. In reality, this place is a nightmare! Inept executives that don't know how to lead, communicate and empower their staff. Management is bad at all levels from the executive team to the directors. No one ever knows what is going on, HR is the worst from the top down. Their policy is: Stop wining, be thankful you have a job, if you don't like there is the door! IT is a disaster, the IT staff is inadequate and rotten to clinicians, they have the worse IT people in the world and support is awful, they make clinicians feel awful when their technology is what doesn't work. The CEO, CIO, CCO are pretty much dead weight and the one running the show is the CFO. Mistakes in caring for patients are made daily and even if reported it goes into a black hole. No one cares about doing the right thing because it doesn't matter, only the privileged few that are slackers and don't do or say much are valued. It is so sad to see a worthy cause be such a dysfunctional place to work. I don't know what the board doesn't see the issues! Stay out of this place, you will not be happy there - Guaranteed!
Sad it has gone so far downhill
anonymous (Former Employee), SarasotaMay 14, 2013
You will not be appreciated. Mang-all levels will lie to your face and feel not one ounce of remorse. Was "the best job I ever had" under past administration. ..not this one. Cant the board see or step in?
Terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee), Hospice HouseMay 9, 2013
Pros: patients and families
Cons: everything else
The type of work being done here is amazing but this is the worst company to work for. Management is terrible. Cut backs are made regardless of what is best practice for patients. Thousands and thousands of dollars are donated weekly and it would be great if it was investigated to see where that money really goes because it doesn't go for all those special extra things they advertise. Morale is bad because no matter how hard you try, it is NEVER good enough. The benefits are good but very expensive and the pay is bad, I stayed because I loved what I did for patients and families. This type of nursing has benefits that money can't buy but I have had enough of being made to feel inadequate on a daily basis.
Love it and hate
would prefer to remain anonymous (Former Employee), PORT cHARLOTTE- vENICE flMay 3, 2013
Pros: people you get to work with and help
Cons: managment
Worked there for a short time . Tons of off clock requirements. Colleagues and work is wonderful almost made it worthwhile. The work is a special calling and I truly loved my job . Management my supervisor specifically made it impossible. Tons of people leaving jobs makes you wonder..... Management is a disaster.
very rewarding
CHPNA (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: pay rate could be better
I love my patients and co-workers.I have learned how to deal with people at a very difficult time of their lives,with caring and compassion. The hardest part of the job is not becoming to attached to some patients. My boss is very fair .
Satisfing and rewarding place to work.
PR Spec., Exec. Administrative Asst. Receptionist (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Being part of a team of caring people who give so much of themselves to care for their clients at end of life, was a very rewarding job. I liked being able to coordinate callers to get to the correct person they needed. Being able to help staff with their IT and clerical needs and building spread sheets, reports or creating flyers for events. The hectic pace was a challenge I enjoyed and got great satisfaction when I was able to keep the flow of the office going smoothly.
budget cuts, budget cuts, budget cuts
nurse, looking for another job (Current Employee), SarasotaNovember 18, 2012
Pros: caring and compassionate co-workers
Cons: frequent staff turn-over; frequent staff and administrator changes, cuts; poor communication within departments and teams
Because of administrative, staff and clinical cuts the work expectations have tripled; little or no communication within and between departments; administrative support lacking, punitive mentality.
Hospice nursing--can be very rewarding; just have to go in with your eyes open with this organization.