La Tienda was founded in 1996 in Williamsburg, Virginia and is the premier importer of gourmet products from Spain. To serve North America, Europe and the United Kingdom, we have a distribution center in Virginia and one in Spain, which provides the broadest selection of quality Spanish food and related products available anywhere.
Responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Looking for a self-starter who is able to work independently and seek guidance in a dynamic environment. Billing and inventory experience strongly preferred.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Maintains records, receives, prepares or verifies documents, searching for and compiling information and data; responding to routine request with answers by phone, in person, or by correspondence.
- Performs daily office tasks such as filing, recording, maintaining records, copying, posting, and other similar duties, following organization and department procedures to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Run and distribute department reports and correspondence for warehouses and transportation.
- Ensures distribution forms, requisitions and purchase orders forms are completed accurately.
- May assist with one or all of the following: verifies receipts against purchase orders, processes customer returns on a daily basis, assist with packing and pick slips, maintain inbound receiving records and assist with log tracking.
- Performs a variety of order fulfillment and warehouse functions including shipping, receiving, stocking, storing, and inventory of materials. Assist the Inventory Lead with receiving corrections and entering counts.
- Enters and files vendor invoices.
- Scheduling of inbound shipments.
- Changes the status of composite and newly received items when items are received.
- Works directly with Accounting department on vendor reconciliation and adjustments.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- General office organization and filing.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in Warehouse Management Systems preferred
- One year general clerical/office experience preferred, Warehouse experience preferred
- Basic office and computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi task
- Sense of urgency and professionalism
- Good written and verbal communication; bilingual English and Spanish strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment