Tier One Property Services Employee Reviews

Absolutely work place ever!
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INNovember 17, 2017
Don’t even bother. All the managers are dope heads. The on-site management is a dope head, first shift supervisor is a dead beat alcoholic. List goes on and on. Just don’t waste your time.
Pros
Nothing..
Cons
Everything!
was 2nd shift supervisor
2nd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHNovember 12, 2017
making sure everything got done that was expected to be done, and if someome didn't showup I did there work and mine as well as making sure everything else was completed
Pros
enjoyed the people who worked for me
Cons
manangement who do not care about workers safety and benifits
A really bad place to work don't work there ever
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHJune 28, 2017
I worked for them for over a year pays bad management is really bad at the east liberty Honda plant the plant manager for tops needs fired all she done was started drama between all of her shifts and when you had a problem she never done anything about it and she would say you were going to get a pay raise and never got one. Overall the company needs alot of work and need to fire all the team leaders and manager at the East liberty plant to ever make tops an okay place to work
Clean and produtive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYJune 22, 2017
Clean 11bathrooms in Sysco the mangers are kinda fair the work is very easy and you take your time work was very easy the coworkers were OK its 3hours a day
Some of the people were great to work with.
general cleaner (Former Employee) –  Anna OhJune 11, 2017
You had your job and if any one was out you filled in to do there job (which is fine) then you had to pick up the other peoples jobs that were too lazy to do because they were sitting in their cars or smoking all night. Management knew this but did nothing because they can't get people to work there. Wonder why...... Benifits were no good. Job itself was not bad to do. I would never refer anyone I know to work there.
Pros
Some people were great to work with
Cons
Some people did not do their jobs and they sat in their cars or smoked all nigh. Benifits sucked
Slavery With A Smile
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHMay 24, 2017
I worked for Tier One for a little over a year. Just like any job, there are pros and cons to being employed by TOPS.

Pros: time goes by fast during the shifts, because you have little time to get a lot accomplished. The job is mindless work and not mentally challenging. Cleaning and floor work is nice if you appreciate instant gratification. The harder you work, the more freedom and independence the management allows during your shift. In other words, do your job well and they don't bother you.

Cons: in the cleaning industry, you're not going to be working with the higher learners. The majority of people in the environment are lucky if they can read and write, let alone, communicate well. A lot of the management and team leaders are nice enough people, but aren't quit savvy with today's society.

All in all it depends on what you're willing to tolerate. The job itself is physically demanding, but you'll be in good shape after running around a factory for a few months. The health care plan offered by Tier One is extremely expensive. The pay is average for the industry. Chance for advancement is good, but your odds of pay raise are poor. Even if you have perfect attendance and work hard. High turnover which leads to more work for those who stick it out.

Best of luck to you!
Pros
Fast paced, work independently, easy on the mind
Cons
company lacks appreciation for employees, set up for failure
TOPS review
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHApril 21, 2017
It was a good place to work If you enjoyed slow paced work. The supervisors were all really nice and good at keeping the crew on good terms. Always kept a positive work environment.
Janitorial work
Director of Safety, Health and Environmental (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
Interaction with the other workers is great. Understanding and willingness to participate with working safe is a constants, but hindered by others. Management commitment to safe operations some times is a challenge.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Anna, OHMarch 2, 2017
Every one was friendly, great hours, great pay. I leanred how to clean properly according to the guidelines. The hardest part of the job was the exstensive amount of walking. I enjoyed cleaning part of the job.
very fast pace and interactive position
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHFebruary 13, 2017
you clean various areas on a route where you empty trash do windows and so much more. we also stripped and waxed floors plus set up seating for meetings or Adecco. I was also in charge when my teamleader was not there and run the tugger doing the trash route
Pros
being interactive
Cons
can be gross and knowledge of cleaning is very important
Worst place ever!
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 9, 2016
My first day, my supervisor Sarah was on her phone the whole time. And she was veey rude. I asked her a question, and got ignored. She was backing out the cart and almost hit an old lady. Lady kept saying excuse me, but she kept going. Like she had the priveldge over her. Also she cut in front of other employees and didnt have a care in the world. Second day, same thing on her phone the whole time taking pictures. I accidentally broke someones plastic tray. I felt really bad. So to show i had empathy I cried by the mens bathroom. But I had my hand blocking the left side of my face and the right side towards the door. The empty mop bucket kept falling out and instead of her helping me, she stood there did nothing but sit on her phone. Before I started that day, there was a lady sitting in the lobby. She stared at me the whole time. So I said really quietly under my breath and behind glass wtf is she looking at? I didn't think anything of it because the supervisor said cooments under her breath when customers didn't read the sign saying you cant enter while cleaning. So then today I get this nasty text message from the manager. Instead of responding, I did the more mature professional way and called her. She was yelling at me the whole time. And talked to me very rudely and poorly. I never in my 40 yrs ever been talk to the way she did. I guess they want you to be rude and sit on your phone and when you make mistakes or break things I guess your supposr to laugh and not care.
Pros
Cons
Dont ever work for this company, ever
Terrible Company.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 13, 2016
Low pay. No raises. They don't appreciate the work you do. Worked there for long time. Bad employees, and terrible treatment to good employees. If you need small cash and don't mind being told you're not doing a good job ever then this job is for you.
Horrible place to work
Wrap Guard (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJune 14, 2016
Some co workers are nice others just try to get you fired. They twist your words around and get you fired for no reason &management doesn't listen to you so there's no help whatsoever
Worked for this company
Cleaning Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 10, 2016
I worked for 3 days for this company a total of 24 hours and they never paid me.I do not recommend this employer.I have since quit and found a real job
Cons
no pay, overload of work assigned enough for 2 people, manager lacked communication skills, wasn't very friendly to his staff
productive and fun workplace
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 26, 2016
a typical day at tops started with sweeping and mopping the caffeterias at honda then followed by running the plant scrubber or going on trash runs or going to the east liberty plant to help out over there i also worked in weld for a little while. co-workers and management were great.
Pros
good pay, co-workers and management were great
Cons
short breaks
very productive and fun to work the employees
team member (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHNovember 19, 2015
tier one property services is a fun company with the mixture of common sense and reality. every day i walked into work and everyone was joking and laughing with each other and it was just the best place to be to work.
Pros
fun co-workers
This is a good company to work for
account manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 14, 2015
I enjoy working for this company as account manager. I was able to build the business on my own, doing walk through's and my own bidding. The support was good, I did a-lot of travel throughout the state for the job.
Okay company to work for if your not look for advancement or Career
Floor Technician/ General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Aona, OHAugust 1, 2015
I recently worked for TOPS at the Anna, OH site and I enjoyed my job and the co-workers I worked with. However when it comes to communication it leaves something to be desired. There is no communication unless management needs you to fill in for another employee. Management shows high favoritism to employees they like. There is no pay increase unless they increase the starting pay to get more people in the doors and no set performance based salary increase. As for benefits do not expect any they say they offer benefits, but they offer benefits that is not even worth your taking. I did not feel valued as an employee and the attempt to give any value to an employee was their employee spotlight of the month.
I would consider working for TOPS again if they would change there pay and valued their good full time employees over their part time employees.
Pros
Hours, Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
An adequate workplace, but no advancement or job incentives.
General Cleaning, etc. (Current Employee) –  Anna, OH.August 1, 2015
Safety procedures and job training are good and the job site is fine. It's a good job if you don't mind being self-motivated
or working by yourself. Occasionally, when the need arises I do work in a team of two or more. If I want or need
overtime I can sometimes get it. My co-workers and other company associates are usually friendly and professional.
However, there are times when job expectations are not clear or concise and are changing from day to day.
Communication with management can be difficult and abrupt at times unless they need you to fill in for others.
Unfortunately, there is no pay incentive or reward based program to keep the better employees around.
Overall Tier one is an okay company to work for, if you don't mind the lack of advancement or incentives.
Would consider working for the company again if I felt they valued my work and effort.
Pros
job independence, some overtime, decent work conditions
Cons
lack of useful job benefits, inadequate job incentive, no job advancement
horrible employer
Wrap Guard (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 17, 2015
some of the workers are ok but the management is another story. They show favoritism really bad. Not only that they dont take care of situations as they arise. The job is enjoyable but management is horrible and noot all rules apply to everyone