The Tierra Del Sol Foundation, serving adults with developmental disabilities, is in need of a Manager of Corporate & Foundation Relations to join our progressive organization. This is an opportunity to grow personally and professional in the non-profit world of education and human services, and to make meaningful contributions to our community every day in a friendly and supportive work environment. This position will be located at our beautiful 7-acre campus in Sunland, nestled in the foothills of the San Gabriel mountains. Note: To be considered for this position, applicants must have managed a large portfolio of grants for either a foundation or university type setting. Cover letter and resume should reflect this.
Position: Manager of Corporate & Foundation Relations
Location: Sunland, CA
Salary range: $45,000 - $50,000, based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision (after 120 days), 403B Plan, Life Insurance, Credit Union Membership, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Vacation Leave (10 days), Personal Time (9 days), Employee Discount Program, and Paid Holidays.
The Manager of Corporate & Foundation Relations supports the overall Tierra del Sol Foundation fundraising effort through the facilitation and administration of its corporate and foundation programs. This position requires a high level of organization, creativity, resourcefulness and decision-making with an impact on the overall image of the Tierra del Sol Foundation. In partnership with the Chief Development Officer, the Manager of Corporate & Foundation Relations responsibilities include but are not limited to the setting of annual and multi-year goals, the development and implementation of plans to achieve those goals, and the daily driving of the process that will direct staff members, such as the Chief Development Officer, other Development Team Members, Executive Director, and volunteer leaders to activities that contribute to fundraising success. Position also provides support for all fundraising events handled by the organization as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and at a minimum of 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- A Master’s Degree and CFRE certificate is preferred.
- Familiarity with regional funding community (Los Angeles County)
- Successful track record in managing a corporate/foundation fundraising program and in completing and submitting local, regional, and government grant proposals.
- Budget development and outcome-based evaluation experience.
- Ability to use information technology in carrying out job responsibilities, experience in public policy advocacy, fundraising, communications, community collaborations and “moves management.”
- Strong verbal and written communications and human relations skills.
- Public speaking and relationship building experience.
- Experience in a variety of fundraising or sales methods (i.e. annual campaign, grants, major donor, corporate, special events, planned giving).
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills as well as the ability to work with and motivate other development professionals and volunteers.
- Ability to inspire, motivate, lead and empower others to achieve the goals of Tierra. Effective in articulating the mission of the goals of Tierra.
- Skillful and confident in relating to community leaders and groups.
- This position requires a self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Skill in working independently and as part of a team, following through on all assignments with minimal direction and identifying more effective means for carrying out job responsibilities while working in an environment with frequent interruptions and fluctuating deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize work, integrate and align it with strategic goals.
- Design, implement and manager a comprehensive proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing corporate and foundation relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to obtaining corporate and foundation monetary support.
- Project monthly and yearly revenue goals and track progress toward reaching those goals.
- Maintains grant/reports calendar and roster which includes timelines for cultivation/stewardship action steps and deadlines for proposals and reports.
- Identify emerging business leadership and industry trends with a special emphasis on developing high value corporate alliances and identify, evaluate, cultivate and solicit five- and particularly six figure philanthropic commitments to support the mission and goals of Tierra del Sol.
- Work closely with development staff, leadership team and other Tierra team members to create opportunities to build awareness among corporate and foundation constituencies in order to build and significantly expand positive fundraising relationships. Identify families, volunteers, board members and others within the corporations/foundations and review corporate profiles that suggest potential relationships because of common interests.
- Advice leadership team on corporate and foundation areas of interest, cultivation of corporate and foundations special requirements in the development and presentation of proposals.
- Initiate opportunities for leadership team to interact with corporate and foundation prospects and interpret their interests to constituencies.
- Develop highly competitive proposals for corporate and foundation prospects and leverage diverse corporate and foundation goals and preferences in conjunction with Tierra’s goals.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of contacts with corporate and foundation representatives, creating moves management plans related to them, compelling presentations and comprehensive fundraising proposals.
- Maintain high quality stewardship process for active corporate and foundation prospects and donors. Ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by maintain detailed records of solicitation activities.
- Involve Development Committee in all phases of planning and implementation.
- Successfully meet all monthly, quarterly and yearly fundraising benchmarks laid out in the Multi-Year Development Plan.
- Establish and achieve monthly contact goals; ensure same for the Chief Development Officer.
- Participate as an active member of the Development staff in organization meetings, events and other functions.
- Organize time and resources to ensure well-prepared meetings. Meeting content will focus on donor cultivation, solicitation and deeper volunteer involvement.
- Encourage participation of staff, especially management level employees, to meet and greet donors and establish relationships with them.
- Turn new attendees into donors. Cultivate relationships with current donors to help foster ongoing support.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with organizations that conduct events of which Tierra can become the recipient organization.
- Serve as main writer for the development division.
- Perform other duties as requested by Chief Development Officer and leadership team.
To learn more about Tierra Del Sol and the services we provide our clients, you are encouraged to visit our website at www.TierraDelSol.org. You are also encouraged to check out our YouTube.com videos at http://youtu.be/YNJmQpnJPHw and http://youtu.be/gQ7BLYl6aok prior to applying to get a better understanding of the clients we serve.
Indeed - 18 months ago