Tiffany & Co. Employee Reviews

The company's leadership is unethical.
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
Profit margin is much lower that necessary due to incompetent leaders. People are allowed to keep jobs and be promoted because they do what they are told. Jobs are not earned and/or kept based on competence or job performance. Job requirements are ignored for some, but not for others. In other words, some people are promoted to leadership positions without having the required educational requirements.
Pros
The crafts people make beautiful jewelry.
Cons
Leadership throughout the company is unethical at best
Unfavorable
Purchasing and Planning Agent (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, RIFebruary 7, 2017
I was wondering why the permanent employees were saying I was a veteran because I made it two weeks at the company. I quickly realized, the environment made you feel like you were in a prison even on lunch break, the outside area was fenced in like you were being confined and you are limited with the dress code. No cell phones were allowed unless you were in management.
Pros
Cons
Horrible working environment, the employee cubicles and chairs were uncomfortable and aged.
Luxury Jeweler
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Operations Manager for the 5th largest Tiffany & Co store in the United State. Overseeing customer service, inventory control and security.
overall company review l
Seasonal Flex Sales & Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 28, 2017
All the positions that I have had contributed to making me a well seasoned Customer Service Representative. all the skills and experiences have build upon making me a professional Customer Service Representative. The challenges that I have had made me better at my profession
Pros
excellant company to work for
Cons
excellant challeges
A Excellent Culture
SUPERVISOR CHINA/CRYSTAL OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 25, 2017
Working for a high end luxury retail firm gives you a sense of pride. At the end of the day, you knew you contributed to someone who was going to enjoy receiving a gift from this iconic company.
fun and productive
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Retail jobs can be intimadating to some people but for me it was the total opposite...What i love most was helping the customers everyday. It made me feel like i had a sense of purpose everyday.
Good experience, beautiful product, lousy management
Operations (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 20, 2017
This was a nice part time seasonal job but would never work there permanently. The product and store is true to its brand. The attitudes are very pretentious. The sales associates for the most part were nice and fun to work with. Management on the other hand were condescending and did not treat people equally.
Pros
Hours, pay
Cons
Managers
Hard to advance
Operations Professional (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Tiffany's provides some great benefits, but compensation is a little low for the amount of work an operations professional does on a day to day basis. It can also be hard to advance due to the company having fairly low turn-over.
Intern - Labor management (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 11, 2017
Great manager, friendly coworkers, always a joy to be there. The work was interesting and my coworkers always kept me engaged. Great place to start out with an internship.
Great company
Security Officer & Operations (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Tiffany & Co. I learned a lot of things that I continue to use in my day to day life and for all future endeavors.
Good pay but corporate structure
R&D Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, RIJanuary 9, 2017
Learned a lot while there but job security and promotion are not guaranteed with hard work and diligence. Some have said you are considered a number there. Head of team with work demonstrated without being offered a full time position.
Pros
Good Pay, Learning opportunities
Cons
Difficult to flourish
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  2 East 57th street New York N.Y.December 28, 2016
I loved this company. The training was great. Every month we would
go to a training class for one day. And on your birthday they send you a gift card. The co-workers are very helpful.
Cons
Beautiful products, stressful company.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2016
Its understandable that the jewelry industry would be most meticulous and stringent but Tiffany's takes it a bit further than is comfortable. Feels as though someone is always breathing down your neck.
very productvie, people were kind and worked great together
Employee Order Support/OrderProcessor (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 14, 2016
work at my desk doing data entry. Co workers would come to my desk and make small talk and make both our days go by a little faster and not seem so tedious and repetitive.
Pros
had raffles every once in a while.
Cons
worked in a metal free warehouse
Fast-paced, exciting job selling luxury jewelry and specialty items for a prestigious company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJDecember 13, 2016
Sold the company's line of fashion and fine jewelry during the Holiday season in 2009. Thrived in a very fast-paced, high customer volume environment. Met and exceeded daily sales goals and was recognized for it,
Polisher/Lapper Jewelry (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NYDecember 8, 2016
Very respectful job. High Quality work . Co-workers were very easy. Also learned alot in each day work for the variation of product that Tiffany has to offer . Also learned alot of knowledge when it comes to precious diamonds etc ..
Great supportive staff
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2016
I would make this company a career if there were a permanent position. I have learned about luxury jewelry and sales and enjoyed my co-workers.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Inexperienced management
Productive and lot of scope to learn now
Informatica Technical Lead/Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 28, 2016
This is one of the Productive environment and have lot of scope to learn new with fantastic co-workers and happy to help group as a team. Continued learning is great learning here
Wonderful place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 24, 2016
For a retail position, the hours are not bad. It is a great opportunity to learn from the best about timeless jewelry. I do believe the company looks to hire very competent individuals. I loved my team.
Pros
lots of opportunities to learn
Cons
difficulty parking
Tiffany & Co.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 22, 2016
A great place to work and make lasting impressions on those you work with on a daily basis, both client and co-workers. A truly magical place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tiffany & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.