Tiffany & Co. Employee Reviews in United States

(Good) People are not valued.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 28, 2016
Has such great potential but sadly falls way short. The corporate culture does not value it's people. The company forecast has been soft the last two years and budgets are tight - Directors expect employees to do 120% with little recognition or reward. Work life balance is very poor. There seem to be a few pockets of employees that are satisfied but, at least in the IT Dept, few and far between.
Pros
Brand recognition in the industry and employee discounts at the On-Site Store
Cons
Toxic work environment; many unhappy, disgruntled employees; managers are typically poor at managing people or work activities.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NYJune 26, 2016
I've worked at Tiffany for more than 4 years. This place is really fun to work at and all the coworkers are really friendly.
Pros
Fun work culture
Cons
Salary is comparatively low
wonderful place to settle in and grow
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2016
I loved working at TCO. It would easily ranks my top favorite place to work in all of my career. Career advancement and development is promoted and encouraged. They promote excellence and take no short cuts to consistently deliver outstanding customer satisfaction which is there #1 priority. At TCO nothing takes the place of impeccable quality standards and customer service and satisfaction. I did not agree with the process of having to write reviews of my previous employers - this should be a optional and not at all a requirement.
Pros
I do not agree with it be required to write reviews for previous employers
Cons
I do not agree with writing reviews this step should be optional and not required
great place if on the east coast
security officer/opperations professional (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 1, 2016
this company is a great company with good pay and benefits. work and home life balance is a challenge with children though.
very racist place to work
In - Line Packer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 13, 2016
the hardest part of this job was dealing with their racist management team. my intelligence a problem for them. They tried to keep me in a box, never wanted me to advance.
Pros
just a job
Cons
able to use company plans to my advantage
They will always be a great company!
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
This is a great company when it comes to training the employees to be the most aware of the product that they are selling to assist with the completion of a sale. Most of the management are willing to work with you and understanding, though under corporate incentives.

Plenty of room for advancement depending on the department/title.

Almost family orientated. Prestigious place to claim regardless of tasks and title.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Not enough payment
A changing world
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2016
A great company, but moderation is something that is greatly needed for the company as a whole. Great product, with a great overall view, but competition is more appealing.
Pros
Will never go away
Cons
Needs to be appealing
The Gap of Jewelry
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 16, 2016
Managers are perfect example of "Failing Up" through promotions that they should have never received. They are terribly unorganized and unprofessional. They set unrealistic goals that none of the sales staff meets. They abusive and tacky.
Pros
I suppose it looks good on a resume
Cons
Working there every day
The wolf in sheep's clothing ...
Analyst / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 11, 2016
Behind a brand that promotes love is a heartless company that has none. What drew me was the product, the art, and the legacy. What drew me away was the failed opportunities, management's delusion, the toxic workplace, and the practices they had. Like the year they founded, they are antiquated with their practices, systems, and direction. Job security is apparent; however, retention is low. Those who stay are some of the most disgruntled, cold, childish employees seen. The company has great potential and a strong future; not with the people they have now!
Pros
Legacy, past products, design, meaning
Cons
Toxic work environment, little recognition, disgruntled workers, delusional
A fun place to work with great benefits.
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2016
My day starts with opening the store in preparation for the sales professionals by opening registers. Prepare bank deposits and complete accounting paperwork.
I learnt about jewelry, diamonds and other precious metals. I have a team of co-workers who are always ready to go above and beyond to offer any kind of assistance to make our job a whole lot easier and efficient.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to know that you have made a customer's shopping a great experience and see that satisfaction and smile on their face.
Pros
Employee discount privileges.
Luxury Retail
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 20, 2016
Very professional and high class environment with high as expected, expectations. Great experience in clientele management.
Inviting atmosphere full of sales professionals that are passionate and eager to assist and support everyone.
Management is another story.
Managers are NOT 100% supportive to staff and incredibly inconsistent on treatment of staff. Seems to be based off of seniority and appears to prioritize others over other sales professionals.
Pros
Great Organized Working Environment
fun and legandary workplace
staff (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 28, 2015
friendly people

luxurious environment

fun and energetic co-workers

laughter and good energy

motivated and humble staff

infatuated customers

high quality customer services, clientele, and relations

luxurious products, fragrances and merchandise

diamonds, wedding bands, wedding rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings
Pros
discounted merchandise, jewelry and frangrances
Cons
pressure to achieve weekly/monthly goals
Wonderful Place to Work
Sales and Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 6, 2015
A typical day at work somewhat busy alot of support if you have any questions or need help with anything.
Climate at work is friendly.
Managers are helpful and fun.
Coworkers are warm.
The hardest part of the job would be when you have a more difficult customer remaining calm and still providing wonderful service.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
Pros
Free lunches on certain days and give aways and 50% off certain merchandise
Cons
Breaks are not paid
Don't Do It
Security (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 4, 2015
Management is not supportive and will ALWAYS place you behind sales staff, customers and equipment. They make up their own rules and definitions. The only up side is that sales staff are, for the most part, good people. Some will go to management and file frivolous complaints. You will be found guilty. Count on spending 7.5 hours of your day standing at the front door while your immediate supervisor finds any possible reason to leave you there. Your schedule will NEVER be the same. Days off change every week and you will seldom have 2 days off in a row. Your daily hours are not the same. Managers have no leadership capability and will fault you for everything while changing your responsibilities at a whim.
Pros
Cons
See above
Good company
Global Problem Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 3, 2015
The company offers great benefits. Overall a good company to work for as everyone is nice and always willing to help.

The IT Department has grown to be beyond its current capabilities and requires more bandwidth to operate on an Enterprise model.
Exquisite workplace with great people
security officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 28, 2015
Tiffany & Company is a unique workplace with excellent co-workers and varied duties. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in this employment.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Too much time standing in one location.
good and bad
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, RINovember 23, 2015
The work there can be fun due to the constant change and high pace nature. Working with beautiful jewelry always a plus as well as the discounts. People (hourly) are amazing but when i was there senior management at the facility was miserable. Expected to work 10-12 hrs a day plus saturdays were mandatory and no comp for it. I hear that the management has changed and would consider going back because the job was that good.
A nice and quiet environment
Shipper/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2015
I worked at Tiffany and Co only as seasonal. For the position that I had, I had a great time. The job was quite easy and simple to do. I learned how to ship and check in items, and I had never done that before and I enjoyed that.
After, a short time when finishing that, I was able to learn more job duties. I was fortunate that I was able to learn how price items, such as gold and diamonds. Items that I technically wasn't really to handle because of my position. They allowed me to learn and advance in that, and I took the opportunity to do so.
I also got to learn visuals with assisting the visuals team. I was able to find and put merchandise on the floor, and I enjoyed that quiet a lot.
I will say that after learning all the job duties, including other things, at times, it was slow with nothing to do. Of course, I kept busy by doing other things but I could only organize shelfs and items so much.
The experience of working there was great and I did learn things for a future job, if I needed to.
Pros
great hours, great employees
Cons
sometimes there was nothing to do when work was done.
Ping Pong table in the break area
Packaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJNovember 4, 2015
A typical day at Tiffany & Co can be busy. The most important task of the day is our presentation to our customers. Presentation means everything to Tiffany & Company. Management is always willing to give a helping hand especially when it comes to meeting deadlines. It is a pleasure to work along side my co-worker. The work atmosphere is both professional and enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job is the letters that Tiffany & Co receives for an excellent job well done.
Pros
free lunch, raffle tickets for Tiffany & Co giveaways
Cons
short breaks, better raises
Excellent Company
Branch Security (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2015
I enjoyed the people and my co-workers. A true 40-hour week on a flexible schedule that allowed its employees to tend to personal matters.
Pros
Great health care benefits.