Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. Employer Reviews

Love it
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Carmel-by-the-Sea, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Being a sales professional for a company I admire is such a wonderful opportunity. Creating a wonderful customer experience is the best part of the job.

Sales
Answering phones
Customer outreach
Diamond/Gem setting
DIAMOND SETTER (Former Employee), Pelham, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Stone setting of all types.
Center stone setting according to Tiffany standards.
Beautiful jewelry and great customer service.
Branch Security Officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Working for Tiffany & Co. is very rewarding, my job is to ensure the safety of the staff, customers, and jewelry. The managers are great and supportive. The hardest part of the job is the long hours, but the most enjoyable part is how well we service our customers.
fun place to work and job security
Technical Services - Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: room for growth not ideal
Job security, great culture and great benefits.. excellent group of people to work with very knowledgeable about their role and the company's objective.
Benefits are excellent and the company looks into the advancement and care of their employees.
The company's reputation is outstanding as it is the quality of their product. Their concern about the well being of the environment and community is admirable.
Great Company to Work For
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 14, 2015
The training was awesome! People were great and learning experience was par to none. Loved going into work and being apart of that team.
Great staff and management, just lucky to be working with great product.
Merchandiser - Various Locations (Current Employee), Various LocationsJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: working with great people and merchandise
Cons: its part time
Merchandising at Tiffany's entails fun with propping, ablilty to be flexible,and executing visual displays while maintaining the companys directive. Installation of the new season/holiday is exciting, the management and associates are very helpful to the visual team, we all work well together. The most enjoyable part of the job is working within a theme and the new product as it comes out. The most difficult part of the job is not being able to afford all the pieces you love.....
Well established company, not a great work environment
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Whippany, NJJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good discount, occasional overtime
Cons: prison atmosphere
The company as a whole, runs very smoothly, and is well managed. They offer competitive salaries and benefits. The overall environment however in the distribution center is very unprofessional and prison-like. Very high security and low respect for the lower-end employees. Workers who do not do their jobs well and who behave poorly to their co-workers are not held accountable. We are all treated as children who can't be trusted to manage ourselves at all.
Wonderful place to work
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 1, 2015
I absolutely loved working at Tiffany & Co. It was such a wonderful work environment and management was extremely professional and helpful, they were always supportive as well. I learned so much about fine jewelry while working there. I loved how well the staff treated each other and how uplifting everybody was.
Terrible place to work, used to be pretty good, is a bad place to work for, management is for the Co, not for employees.
Special Projects & Product development (Former Employee), CumberlandDecember 23, 2014
Pros: salary ok
Cons: every thing that you can think off
Horrible place to work, Horrible environment unfair, not fit to work for them
Will not recommend it to any one,
Unfair place to work for
Absolutely one of the best places I have worked for
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), St. Thomas USVIDecember 18, 2014
Every morning we have a team meeting. Our boss is one of the most energetic people I have ever met. We would end our meeting, set up each case, do our morning count of inventory and open the doors. Each customer was greeted and helped to the best of our ability. We each would have a one hour lunch break. And end our day with evening counts and breaking down the cases.

We had a great team. We all were more like a family then anything and for the most of the year, if I remember correctly, we were the number one store in the Caribbean.

One thing I learned is that it is better to help each other out and work as a team to accomplish goals and selling then to try on your own and loose a sale.
Fun place to work
Sales Professional (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXDecember 17, 2014
Tiffany's is a great company to work for. Not your typical retail job. They treat employees with respect and allows you to mange your growth. Tiffany's has various levels of management within the stores that allows you constructive development in all aspects of your job. The training program is unlike any other that I have experienced. Tiffany's prepares you for success.
terrible
Direct Sales and customer service (Former Employee), ParsippanyDecember 15, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: bad management, have capability to work from home but do not use
People aka other employees are very nice. Management is a joke. Everyone walks around like they are on xanex. Hired through a temp agency that gave wrong information on working from home. No chance for permanent position. Training was childish. Overall a bad experience except for co - workers.
Beautiful diamonds
Accounting (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJDecember 14, 2014
Pros: flextime available
Cons: time off - holidays (5) and vacation time policy
The product produced is beautiful and admired worldwide. The NYC offices that were opened about 2 years ago are beautiful.
Very productive place every goal was needed to be hit for a successful season
Packer promoted to Merge Assistant (Former Employee), Whippany, NJDecember 1, 2014
Pros: discount on tiffany jewelry
Cons: some slow days
Every start of the work day there would be a company meeting about the things that need to focused on. Then you'd go to your assigned work space and take care of customers order according to instructions given. Atmosphere was great and co workers were helpful or easy to get along with. Everyday I would learn something new in the system allowing me to be promoted to help out with larger customer orders that were handled in different area. Management trusted me to give orders to a team of at least 5 people to finish projects that had short amount of time to be finished. Hardest part of the job was when there was nothing to do. It would make my day feel longer, I prefer to stay busy so that my day goes by faster and I enjoy the work day more. I enjoyed taking on tasks, projects, meeting deadlines, etc...
Productive workplace sometimes fun
Retail Operations Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 26, 2014
It has become hard to work there, where employees are treated more like a liability than an asset.
Great company which provided excellent support and benefits.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 18, 2014
I found working within Tiffany & Company to be an almost magical experience. The company culture was outstanding. The company allowed great latitude for me to make decisions, and was supportive beyond expectation.
Extremely Competitive
Sales Proffesional/Operations (Former Employee), Glendale, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: compensation can be high
Cons: competitive
All tied to numbers, very competitive environment. No job security, and employees are expendable.
Great peer relationships - schoolyard bullying culture
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: peer relationships, discount, benefits
Cons: culture
Overall, it's a great company - respectful peer employee relationships, good benefits, environmentally conscious company.

The most significant con is the culture of bullying and favoritism within some departments in corporate. Adults in leadership roles act like school children. What's more concerning is HR tends to only put a band-aid on the situation (if that) and certain behavior has become "acceptable".
cooperate feel
Merchandise Coordinator (Seasonal) (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: set schedule
count inventory
keep stock inventory updated. ( add all returned merchandise to the systems stock).
contact loyal clientele ( customer appreciation)
Terrible IT talent
Client Technologies Citrix Lead (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 8, 2014
Pros: work/life balance is great
Cons: terrible it talent
Good vision from management, however IT workers lack enthusiasm. Very segregated IT groups, which leads to very little team collaboration.

Would not recommend working for Tiffany in the IT department.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. operates jewelry and specialty retail stores and manufactures products through its subsidiary corporations. – Read more

Tiffany & Co. Photos