Tiffin University Employee Reviews in United States

The Greatest Experience at Tiffin Unviersity
Recording Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMay 10, 2016
I was chosen to be the in house touring engineer for Tiffin University from 2011-2012, through this year I traveled with the Acapella groups Up in the Air and Higher Ground and provided stage set up and mixing. Through my four years at Tiffin this was by far the greatest experience that I had, being able to see how a touring group operated in terms of planning, execution of stage designs, signal flow mapping, to meeting young and inspired musicians. Also being able to travel and see new places and bring music that many people never knew existed or the way in which these groups created music existed was the most rewarding of all. After traveling I was one of the in house engineers for Tiffin Universities Music department from 2012 until I graduated in 2015 and my responsibilities were to set up stage plots as assigned, and run or manage live sound and mixing when needed. Overall my experience with the Tiffin University Touring groups was one of professionalism and comradery and I will never forget my time with them.
Pros
free meals, travel expenses paid, great directors
Cons
long drives, quick set ups and tear downs
great culture and acedemics
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMarch 16, 2016
Tiffin University Wrestling has taught me a lot about work ethic and accountability. My coaches not only pushed me to train harder but also to work hard in the class room.
Excellent
Beautiful Campus
Great support staff
Growing University
Director of Housing Operations (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHNovember 22, 2015
This University is in a constant flux and growth and change. Great place to work if you are full of energy. The most enjoyable part of this job is to watch students grow from a timid freshman to a person who is set to join the workforce as an adult.
Great environment
Adjunct Faculty in Political Science (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHNovember 13, 2015
Great faculty, staff and students. All you need in a university. There is a sense of collegiality and independence. Everyone is very eager to help, but not tell you what to do. I wish I could be hired full time there.
Fun place to work with a good work environment
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OhioMay 14, 2015
Great work environment with a good culture and people. My typical day at work was to mainly deal with invoices approval and punching them in the system, sorting all utility bills and paying them at the end of the week. Credit cards reconciliations and main checking account reconciliation. Preparation of monthly journal entries and month-end procedures. Work on other projects as needed by my boss and other superiors.
Pros
Free water, easy access to top management
Young work crowd with plenty of support
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMarch 9, 2015
Work was different depending on what part of the year we were in, if it was pre-season, the days would not be as long and we only were allowed 8 hours per week with the players. Once we in season, we had 20 hours per week with players. We would have practice and lifting during the week and then games two days a week. You did not have as much time because we typically only had Sunday's off. The hardest part of the job would be the fact there was not much time to see family besides during the holiday's. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see the players learn what you were teaching them.
Pros
free education
Cons
limited time to spend with family and lots of traveling
efficient workplace with friendly people
Tech Crew (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHApril 21, 2015
A good place to work. when at work you were expected to do just that. Very fair expectations, management was very relaxed. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help all high school seniors decide where they would like to go to college.
Great employer to gain experience.
Student Affairs Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJuly 11, 2014
The management in the Office of Student Affairs are like a family and very professional and courteous. With small shifts, the hours are very flexible. The hardest part of the job would be learning to multi-task on the days with the most traffic in the office. The most enjoyable part would be communicating with various students and faculty about different topics and learning professional skills.
Pros
free lunch, meet people, networking
Cons
multi-tasking
Productive and Interactive environment
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMay 21, 2014
I usually got to work around 6:30 a.m started at 7 and worked until 3 p.m. I worked with many women cleaning houses, dorms, and offices for the upcoming semester. Lunch usually happened around noon and we ate wherever we were cleaning at the time.

I learned that while cleaning a college campus, you have to make sure to clean everything from top to bottom and do it thoroughly or you got in trouble. A lot of the ladies that I worked with were older but some were my age at the time and they were all really nice and helpful.

There wasn't a hard part or an enjoyable part to the job because it was just basically cleaning all day.
Pros
met great people, learned great cleaning tricks, and everything was done in a quick and efficient manner
Cons
short breaks, heat got bad because it was a summer job, and some drama occured
Higher Education
Assistant Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJuly 20, 2013
Assist in scheduling practices, practice and game coaching, fundraising, recruiting new players, assist with hitting/fielding camps, teaching the game of softball with a primary focus on outfield/hitting, hotel arrangements, driving vans on game days, routing trips and other activities as needed.

2006-2007 Accomplishments and Player Development
•NAIA National Tournament Bid, Region IX Championships, AMC North Champions, Season Record 41-11.

2005-2006 Accomplishments and Player Development
•Finished 13th in the nation for NAIA, Led Team to First Bid to NAIA National Tournament, Region IX Champions, AMC North Champions, Regional Coaching Staff of the Year, Conference Coaching Staff of the Year, Season Record 57-11, Conference Record 13-1, Coached 4 All-American Players, 6 All-Region Players, and 7 All-Conference Players.
Productive, fast paced and effective
Technological Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OhioApril 3, 2015
Excellent place to work and I would highly recommend anyone who is seeking a position in higher education to seek out Tiffin University.
Amazing week of Teaching!
Guest Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHDecember 31, 2012
Working at a music intensive for high school students is in one word, well, INTENSE! Long days, lots of music, rehearsals and learning new techniques. But it was one of the most fulfilling weeks I've spent teaching. Next to amazing musicians, I got the chance to build this week with the other 3 leaders of the intensive. Building the weeks activities from our skill set and then taking into consideration what the students are interested in was an exciting challenge.
The heads of the programs at TU Music department are devoted to bringing high class, innovative music education to the students at TU.
Great chance to work with others and improve people skills.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMay 29, 2013
A typical day involved being available to residents at all times. Duty nights occurred about once a week in which a Resident Assistant would walk around their "neighborhood" dealing with any issues that arise. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have been able to help people in some of their toughest times and knowing that you have a supportive staff to offer any assistance that you may need.
Graduate Assistant Baseball Coach and Office Duties
Graduate Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJune 10, 2014
Coached Infielders and assisted with hitters on a daily basis. Completed office tasks such as researching recruiting databases, emailing and calling recruits, creating documents for our travel dates - finding well reviewed hotels at a reasonable price for our team and family members, acted as a leader and mentor for my players.
Head Women’s Golf Coach, Tiffin University
Head Women's Golf Coach (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJuly 10, 2014
• Responsible for overall administration of the women’s golf program.
• Guides, educates and develops student-athletes to their fullest potential.
• Implements and controls the annual women’s golf budget.
• Organize and coordinates public relations, fund raising, and alumni support programs.
• Monitor academic performance and progress.
Good work experience working with Microsoft office
Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHAugust 26, 2014
Assisted students with computer issues, projects, and provided printer maintenance
- Helped students with both hardware and software, which ranged from finding a calendar through the university network to loading a program through windows
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
Work and Study Place
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preffeir LibraryJuly 28, 2014
A great place to work and study. Since it's a college library, it's an easy access to resources.
Learned how to Catalog and Organize efficiently.

Hardest part of the job: Yearly Inventory - very tedious

Most enjoyable part: Access to some interesting books!
Pros
can study and work at the same time
Cons
at times the work is tedious
Innovative workplace always inspiring professional growth.
Business Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OhioAugust 3, 2014
Academic institution committed to offering a personal and practical education for motivated, professionally focused students who want real-world experiences and results.
Helped students apply for college
Tele-counselor (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJuly 9, 2014
Boring job. Great bosses, great co-workers. It was just the scope of the responsibilities that made it boring. It was a time when jobs were difficult to find and I was thankful to have it.

4.6