TIG Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging environment where you can be productive
Senior Flexonics Canada (Current Employee) –  BramptonApril 9, 2015
Good Place to work. Great environment, great pay and benefits and awesome people. Learn new things every day. Challenging environment where you have to always learn new things in order to become successful.
Pros
close to work
Cons
unionized
Hard work, flexible hours
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 15, 2015
Great folks and fun company. If you worked hard you were rewarded accordingly. As with any sales organization, there was some turn over from time to time, but core team members tended to stay around awhile.
Pros
Flexibility with hours and office time as long as end results were positive.
Cons
After 10 years needed a change.
Not a bad place, but had its flaws.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PaAugust 27, 2015
Seemed liked a really great place in the beginning, but it wasn't long that people started showing who they really were. The foreman would get aggravated when you asked questions and always looked for someone to blame. They weren't well with talking to people or showing respect.
Pros
Easy work, Some nice people
Cons
Heat, Lack of tools, Some mean people
Administrative / Oil & Gas
Owner C-Founder (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 3, 2015
Over 12 years of experience working as a company man assistant, rig clerk, logistics coordinator, and rig administrator on all types of rigs from deep water floaters to land rigs. Very experienced with several software implementations designed to track live well data including MD Totco, RigSense, OpenWells, WellView, DIMMS, Peloton, and Rim-Base. Very proficient in reading and operating all live well data software used for monitoring drilling parameters and data (depth of bit, TVD, WOB, torque, downhole torque, drag, gas readings, pore pressure, pit levels, rate of penetration, mud logs, cuttings, gamma readings, inclination/azimuth surveys, hook load, circulation losses, mud temperatures, downhole temperatures, mud losses/gains, abnormal vibrations, hole stability, H2S detection, pump pressures, pump strokes, slow pump rates, all in hole / out of hole mud properties, seismic readings, etc.) used by company men and upper-management to know what is going on downhole and to troubleshoot problems encountered while drilling ultra-deep directional wells. I am capable of utilizing the live well software used by customizing the screen views for separate well phases or separate company man preferences. I can set alarms within the software used to go off for any abnormal reading such as high torque, pit losses, high gas readings, etc. I am advanced in all communication methods and the transfer of digital data over networks, including the intranets more commonly used today by most major oil companies. I am the owner and founder of TIG Group LLC, specializing in designing software to make  more... myself more efficient at my job by combining the most common troubles I have encountered over the 10 years I have been in the oil industry along with my knowledge from 15 years of experience in computer networking, IT, and software development. My skillset is extremely unique consisting of an oilfield mentality with a passion for understanding the physics of directionally drilled oil wells, downhole readings and monitoring, advanced technical skills, a Business Management Bachelor’s Degree, and an Associate’s Degree in Computer Networking.  less
Pros
Owner / Always Problem Solving
Cons
Always Problem Solving / Expenses
A Positive work Environment
Helpdesk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2014
TIG has provided a working environment that allows me to provide exceptional Desk/side and Phone support for an entire school district as well as working with User's and Administrative staff daily. This has enabled me to learn the Essence of Customer service. The hardest part of the job is knowing how to be patient with the end users. However, the most enjoyable part for me is helping the user succeed and feel good about themselves.
productive
Journeyman Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXNovember 13, 2014
it is very good company, very strict in safety, well paying , co workers are very good,they are brother keepers
Pros
free lunch once in a month
Cons
shot brakes but not sheduled
Good place to work for
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Athol, MANovember 26, 2012
This company is a good place to work for. When I worked here I used my own ideas to better the company, in witch it did. People are good to work with, and management is nice. This company makes sure you are well taken care of.
Pros
always had over time if you needed it
Cons
no paid lunch
Technology Integration Group
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2013
Loved the work. Had so much fun at this job...plus I got paid, too.

The people were great. Management was fantastic.
Pros
loved it.
Cons
i was laid off due to budget concerns.
low paying
Welder (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Did not pay the proper pay considering the proper skill required.
Pros
experience
Cons
no lunch and low pay
great place`
fitter (Former Employee) –  victoria txFebruary 28, 2014
I like the comfortable work environment , my co workers great attitudes and skills. great hours and a good pay rate
Pros
good break times
Cons
not enough time for breaks

Want to know more about TIG?

Ask a question
Introduction
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2014
First time working with IT in a professional environment.
Working around a variety of people and equipment.
Welding shop, good place to work
Welder and Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Milton FLJuly 12, 2014
Rock and roll environment, everyone worked together to put out horse trailers.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
out of business
repepetive life style
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  dearborn miJuly 6, 2013
tear down, cut down, and/ break old buildings. i learned alot about building, wiring, and piping. multiple projects none repapative environment
Pros
goo pay
Cons
no advancemennt
great
Welder (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHSeptember 11, 2012
i was a welder ran was entry end line leader loved it i welded all types of still
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
hr