Tiger Direct

Tiger Direct Employer Reviews

Unprofessional work enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2014
Not a place that I would recommend to anyone. Senior management was unprofessional.
Great store!
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Jefferson, GAJune 30, 2014
Pros: steady work hours/benefits/chain of command
Cons: no advancement
Amazing people to work with, great hours, management was always helpful.
Fun Atmosphere
Customer Service/Cashier/Sales (Current Employee), Naperville ILJune 26, 2014
Pros: great discounts, good customers
Cons: partime only
great co workers...typical day..giving great customer service ..
great benefits
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 2, 2014
Nice place all around to work, It was a place that I looked forward to going to work in the morning. Very fast pace company, a got a chance to cross train
Good company to work for
Mobile Representative (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 17, 2014
This Company is excellent to work for; they assure that they will meet your expectations. A typical day at work would be interacting with customers and pitching sales. Great working environment! Management and co-workers are team oriented.
Great Work experience
Marketing (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great learning experiece
Cons: currently restructuring company
I learned a lot at Tiger Direct. I started in the B2B Dept and moved into Marketing. The hardest part of the work was we lacked some tools and structure but still it provided a great learning experience. My co-workers were great to work with and have made many friends at Tiger Direct through the years! The most Enjoyable part of working at Tiger Direct – more... was accomplishing a project and launching it in retail/web. – less
Didn't Meet Expectations
Account Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: cold calling skills
Cons: benefits, management, salary, expectations
The expectations that were set prior to starting was different. Management's style wasn't good either. I didn't have a good experience there. Good cold calling skill building, but that's about it. Management could have the tendency to be a little overbearing and not respectful. There is high turnover there, so they seem to not care about who they have – more... employed there. – less
Account Manager fun to research for computer hardware and software
Account Manager (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: love the 1hr lunch
open email to see if any customer place orders during the night
and check on existing orders and see if items where ship out,check tracking on Fed Ex tracking to see when customer will receive order

Then open list of businesses that I worked on that I did not finish and continue calling to place orders.
Fun workplace, I got to meet and interact with many customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2014
Tiger Direct in my opinion is a very fun workplace, working with new gadgets everyday and teaching customers about them was a really great experience for me.
A day at work
Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: cool environment, cool staff, cool managers.
Cons: not always having the proper merchandise.
A typical day of work at Tiger Direct would consist of a great deal of customer service. These activities would be answering phone calls, assisting customers, ringing up customers at my register, doing web orders for products that we may have not had in stock. I learned the real meaning of "Multitasking" while working as a cashier at Tiger Direct. My – more... managers were laid back, but still wanted to make sure that you did you job in a timely manner. I have nothing but good things to say about my co workers. My co workers welcomed me with open arms and accepted me as if I've been working for this company for years. The hardest part of my job was seeing the face of customers after telling them that we didn't have a product that they desperately needed at that point and time. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers find what they were looking for a having them walk out of the store completely ecstatic. – less
Great Job
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Pendergrass, GANovember 20, 2013
Pros: you are rewarded for your hard work.
Cons: very strict.
They will train you and the people who work there was great employees.I learn to listen to the needs of the Employees.I enjoyed working there everyday.
Very productive and fun workplace
SALESMAN (Former Employee), Naperville, ILNovember 13, 2013
Pros: 1hr lunch
Cons: got laid off
Take care of existing accounts and grow them and also find new accounts.
Ok job if you are just getting into the workforce.
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 29, 2013
Pros: fun people to work with.
Cons: no room for advancement.
Ok job if you are just getting into the workforce. Don't get too comfortable working here. Complacency is the norm among the veterans. Venture out.
Inefficient and unrealistic expectations
Technician (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 24, 2013
Cons: no training, no raises, expected to do far more than what you signed up for
I was told the first couple weeks that I would be trained, and never was. Tiger expects you to learn all the duties of every position in the store and fill them when required. If you are working the tech-bench, you are expected to fill the role of a cashier, salesman and tech supervisor as well.
Every week your supervisor writes a review. Every review – more... I've received and every email that's gone out to the employees has been negative and critical. I've received complaints from customers that I don't smile enough as a salesman (though I am courteous and respectful but I was hired to be a tech) and complaints from managers that I'm not selling/getting enough work done (Because most of the time the work is interrupted by customers bringing their computers in and wanting them fixed on the spot without having to pay). More often than not I've been the only one working in that department since day 1.
Tiger says that all the technicians are A+ certified, but more often than not, those who are troubleshooting the computers are not, (such as the salesman, supervisors and managers) and are given back to the customer when they haven't been repaired, and the techs are blamed for it.
Tiger does not give raises to it's employees.
I was told I would have at least 30 hours a week, they schedule me 15-19 on a regular basis. – less
excellent workplace
Stocker (Current Employee), Pendergrass, GASeptember 30, 2013
everything was great i learned how to work well with others and how to value other people ideals and thoughts
Not a good place to work
B2B Commercial Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Durham, NCSeptember 16, 2013
Cons: everything
I did not like anything about this Company, they are not employee oriented and really have very little concern for anything other than the bottom line. I would not recommend this company to anyone under any circumstances.
Full of electronics- everything you would ever need for a PC.
Cashier/Anti-virus Consultant (Former Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 24, 2013
Pros: had great medical insurance.
Cons: poor teamwork
I would get my till ready, check my cash amount to make sure it was to the penny, and then head to the check out lanes. I would do regular sales, returns, and exchanges. When the day was slow, I would make sure the displays were restocked and neat.
Too many cliques
Customer Service (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 18, 2013
Pros: merchandise discount
Cons: much of management was personal and detached
Hours were not good for raising a family with young children.
Non professional
Credit Card Security Analyst-Call Center (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 17, 2013
I learned alot on the job. There was no advancement oppurtunities.
Would not advise anyone to work there. Worst plce to work
Cashier/Greeter (Current Employee), Brandon, FLJune 21, 2013
Managers has control issues. Workers are unhappy there. Managers wants to run company like a prison camp. I call it a 3 ring circus, Managers contradict each other, Poor customer service. No benefits. Too many items being returned.