Tiger Direct Employee Reviews

Store Closing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), 7795 e. Flagler ST. Miami FL. 33144July 25, 2015
The first of my employment sales year was outstanding, Due to bad management 6 months later, company had to close all their store but 3 locations. This information is now posted on the internet.
Alright for a first job, but not looking for another retail environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 14, 2015
The job is rather tedious for a cashier. We end up being torn apart from various responsibilities, such as answering the phone while ringing up customers. This can make the job a bit difficult, and sometimes people come to the store complaining about the lack of customer service given to the phones. However, I can't give the store a terrible rating, as the people inside it make work a little easier to deal with. Not the general customers, but the coworkers who can take a joke and know how to do their work.
limited hours
Line Lead (Former Employee), Jefferson, GaJune 25, 2015
Very simple job. Requesting time off with this company is almost impossible for a day in the middle of the week. The people are very friendly on the other hand.
Was fun
B2B Account Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJune 24, 2015
It was a good place to work at while it lasted, a little miffed at how they out of the blue decided to close down the store and leave over 1000 people unemployed.
had low prices and lower customer service standards
cashier (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMay 21, 2015
it was a nice, calm place that barely had customers because of the poor location and sometimes poorer customer service. managers were rarely around when you needed them and salespeople were sometimes rude around customers.
Too many laid-off in the last couple of years
Account Payable Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 18, 2015
In the last 4 to 5 years this company has gone through a lot of financial problems and have closed almost all of their stores (in the USA and Canada) and departments in their Corporate Office in South Florida causing a lot of laid-off.
A good place to work while it lasted
Shopping Networks Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 27, 2015
Tiger Direct was a great place to work, I got the opportunity to grow in my career and also met wonderful people including my managers and co-workers who worked with me until the end. The hardest part at work was at the beginning when I was just hired at tiger direct but after a couple of years it became a normal routine which I enjoyed until the separation with tiger in March 2015.
Workplace was a bit unprofessional, but environment was friendly.
Business Account Manager (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, IllinoisApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great sales an business experience.
Cons: Lack of managerial support.
A typical day involved making calls and prospecting new clients. Working the sales floor and assisting with daily operations.

I learned quite a lot about interacting with and learning how to read customers and analyzing their behavior, allowing me to better accommodate them.

The management at Tiger Direct wasn't always very comprehensive and lacked experience, although, the managers were often very friendly.

My co-workers were helpful at times but commissioned sales subsequently created a somewhat unhealthy retail environment.

The most difficult aspect of my position was juggling all of the responsibilities I had to undertake due to the frequent lack of order in a retail environment.

The most enjoyable aspects were working my way up through several promotions, training and educating sales associates, and being able to impress my business clients by exceeding their expectations.
very out going people to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: low pay and hours
This is a great place to work. Everyday I meet different people from different back grounds. I loved coming to work any see the smiles on co workers face. At Tiger Direct there is so much to learn. I came with not knowing anything about computers to now I know a little bit more than before.
Great company to work for
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 20, 2015
They definitely care about their employees, and you do make good money as long as you work hard, like any retail job. I have learned a lot and have grown as a sales person.
Great work enviorment
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Euless TexasFebruary 23, 2015
Wonderful managerial staff, as so the work place never a dull day. The only down fall is the lack of moving up as there are not a lot of positions to move up
tiger direct was a really great place to work at. the work pace was steady and easy
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee), Aventura, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: 1 hour breaks employee discounts
Cons: nothing wrong with working here
a typical day at work would be the same routine moving around merchandise and helping others. i learned merchandising skills i learned how to be a merchandiser. my co workers were great people. the hardest part of the job would be lifting or pushing heavy merchandise. the most enjoyable part of the job was that it was fun to work.
Accounts Payable and Receivable/Order Entry Dept (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 9, 2014
Cons: insurance cost, vacation time.
Accountants have the “best job in the world” One of the best things is meeting a wide variety of people and getting involved with your client’s affairs and the area they work in.
One of the key skills for a good accountant is having the ability to listen

I feel I've benefited from having accounting because I have more credibility with fellow teammates, friends and family come to me when they need accounting advice. I definitely feel I am able to add value at work and outside of work because of this credential!
Client Manager
Corporate Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 13, 2014
I was responsible for providing technology to businesses and clothes.
Unprofessional work enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2014
Not a place that I would recommend to anyone. Senior management was unprofessional.
Great store!
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Jefferson, GAJune 30, 2014
Pros: steady work hours/benefits/chain of command
Cons: no advancement
Amazing people to work with, great hours, management was always helpful.
Fun Atmosphere
Customer Service/Cashier/Sales (Current Employee), Naperville ILJune 26, 2014
Pros: great discounts, good customers
Cons: partime only
great co workers...typical day..giving great customer service ..
great benefits
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 2, 2014
Nice place all around to work, It was a place that I looked forward to going to work in the morning. Very fast pace company, a got a chance to cross train
Good company to work for
Mobile Representative (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 17, 2014
This Company is excellent to work for; they assure that they will meet your expectations. A typical day at work would be interacting with customers and pitching sales. Great working environment! Management and co-workers are team oriented.
Great Work experience
Marketing (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great learning experiece
Cons: currently restructuring company
I learned a lot at Tiger Direct. I started in the B2B Dept and moved into Marketing. The hardest part of the work was we lacked some tools and structure but still it provided a great learning experience. My co-workers were great to work with and have made many friends at Tiger Direct through the years! The most Enjoyable part of working at Tiger Direct was accomplishing a project and launching it in retail/web.