Formed in 2008, TigerRisk Partners is proud to be celebrating our 5th anniversary in 2013! We have grown tremendously in that five-year period and are excited about our future. We are a privately-held reinsurance broker and risk/capital management advisor with a selective list of current and prospective clients. We focus on challenging the status quo where both clients and reinsurance partners benefit from our market knowledge and innovative analytical platform.
TigerRisk Partners has attracted a team of experienced experts who assume the role of problem solver, innovator, and sophisticated financial solutions provider. The depth of our resident intellectual capital, market knowledge, and industry relationships enable us to provide unparalleled creativity and service.
With our progressive and innovative company continuing to grow and expand, we are eager to fill this new position. The person joining our team wil be responsible for preparing and finalizing formal documentation memorializing terms and conditions applicable to reinsurance arrangements.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Develop and draft reinsurance contracts, endorsements and related documents for clients and markets
- Review expiring wording, including related correspondence
- Work closely with the broking team during the placement process
- Negotiate contract language disputes with clients and markets, coordinating with the broker team
- Review and revise subsequent drafts of the contract
- Research state regulation, current wording issues and industry organization issues as necessary
- Communicate and coordinate with broker at all stages of the documentation process, including client/market communication
- Discuss and review final draft of the contract with the broking team
- Contribute to maintenance of library of contract clauses and templates
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in reinsurance contract wording, or equivalent experience in reinsurance industry, insurance industry or legal field, with proven knowledge of reinsurance and insurance practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Extensive MS Word experience and expertise