TigerDirect

TigerDirect Employee Reviews

sit down job
Account Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: not enough structure
needs to be a seamless process when placing orders..once you the place the order the issues start other than that not a bad place.
Give the Associates a Break
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 28, 2015
Tiger direct is not a bad company in itself, the only thing is the management. the management is super un-organized and are constantly expecting too much from the associates. The traffic in the store is super slow and they expect the associates to make a ton of money which is almost impossible. The associates are commission base ONLY and the commission rates just plainly suck. The associates should be given a break and should also not have to work on thing/projects that are meant for the warehouse to do. The first thing that store needs to do is clean house with all management.
Productive and fun work place
Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
Contact customer about past due items and proceed to come up with a resolution to get account paid off. Follow up with customer about setting up payment plan.
Loved the experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, IllinoisMay 29, 2015
Pros: Fun staff to work with, loved the product, close to home.
Cons: They closed.
The only negative is that the company couldn't find the right direction to go in. The store was well kept, the managers were nice but also did their jobs well, and the environment was fun. I loved working in one of my favorite stores to visit. It's a shame they had to close the stores down.
Ok place to work. Company just downsized
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 8, 2015
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: low pay
The job is rewarding. However, due to a significant loss over the past 2 years, the company is downsizing and closing multiple locations which effected numerous jobs.
ok workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 4, 2015
the people i worked with were great but the district manager and some mangers were very manipulative and had a dictators mentality
Stores closing due to poor management from corporate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brandon, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good customer relationships
Cons: Lack of vision
No clear communication in regards to training or compensation for commission. This company succeeded in following CompUSA and Circuit City to ruin by trying to copy the Best Buy style with nowhere near the buying power.
Typical retail environment
Technical Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: Nice work hours and good people
Cons: Typical retail stress
Good people working there but sadly the place is shutting down :( I will miss them all and hopefully they have found a nice and better job.
Bench Technician (Former Employee), Naperville, ILApril 19, 2015
I will go to work and start working on T.V and other electrons. co workers will also help you out if needed and the day would just go smooth.
Competitive Envornment
Vice President of Planning (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good Corporate Location
Cons: Average work environment
. A $3.8 billion Omni-channel consumer electronics retailer. Focus is on Retail Stores, Web, and B2B wholesale selling. Competitive market. Company is focused on lower margin hardware vs. higher margin accessories and services.
Looking for a good work environment with room for growth and opportunity
o Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Myers FLMarch 24, 2015
I enjoy a work environment that is smooth. I believe if the right people are in the right positions, a company can be very successful. My skills and attitude can provide for a very tranquil and well organized efficient workplace. I'm looking to land a job with opportunity and lucrative possibilities.
Good work environment, subpar communication and training
Corporate Merchandiser (Current Employee), MiamiMarch 15, 2015
Overall, good work environment. Friendly coworkers and helpful management. System issues were a huge problem, delaying a task or completely preventing a task - no solution, no communication. No training programs outside of sales.
Best work place I have ever been in
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: money, customers, managers, work life balance
Cons: they are closing
TigerDirect isn't just a job, we were all a family. We had good commission brackets, great customers, great managers in my store, and I really wish that our CEO didn't decide to close the stores down. If you like technology and you like selling then this was the best job out there.
Could have been a great place to work.
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, IL; Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 11, 2015
Pros: fun environment, netfilx in the break room.
Cons: untrustworthy executives
I enjoyed my time with the company. I was able to do what I did best and that was sell. I was able to talk with clientele and come up with amazing solutions to fit their needs. Training could have used an overhaul but great associates proved themselves. The problem arose when corporate started tightening the reins and just started throwing ideas at the wall like spaghetti and just tried to see what stuck. The problem was, nothing stuck. They just thought that whatever product they got into the store would sell. That is just not the case. TigerDirect was a boutique retailer that specialized in customer built computers and computer repair. Now trying to tap into the growing cellular industry was a great attempt but they did not give a full effort in promoting that part of the business which could have saved them. All in all, it was just one bad decision after another. Cooping with that on a daily basis was the hardest part of everyday.
productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Good place to learn how to sell to people.
Pretty much walking round the store all day looking for people.
My co-workers were great at teaching me the ropes.
Management was ok they sometimes over think things, like adding more co-workers to shifts that they didn't need for a place that"s slow most days.
IT Account Manager
Technology Account Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: learning new technology
Cons: to much to know
Working with SMB customers on an inside sales desk selling IT equipment. Cisco, HP, Dell, Symantec, Microsoft. Also selling to Government, Healthcare and Education clients throughout North America.
80% Turnover in Management
Sales Manager-ASM (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: money was decent
Cons: management turnover 80%
Great Store for Non-Management Associates, as a Manager I worked 60+ hours a week for almost the entire year I was employeed there. At the end of that year I was let go so that they could save some money. In that year, there were four Store Managers, Two Operations Managers, Three Sales Managers, Two Merch Managers, and Three Tech Managers...I always felt bad for the rest of the store.
Management doesn't care, terrible training
SCL and Merchandising (Former Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 13, 2014
Management has unreasonable expectations of you when you first start, they ACT (although they say otherwise) like they expect you to already know about all the products in the store. If you don't, they want you to have learned it all in a week or two so you can work independently. You're supposed to absorb information about all the products through osmosis, just by standing there. Take heed - only work at Tiger Direct if you already have a passion for technology or you're willing to research all these products in your spare time, because management couldn't care any less about you.
Dynamic and Intense place to work
Sales associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 2, 2014
Pros: a lot of educating
Cons: very competitive
Trying to learn all product offerings. The company is very competitive
Great Company, but not great store..
Sales Assoiciate (Former Employee), McAllen, TXOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great company and commission making opportunities.
Cons: horrible store and management at mcallen.
PLEASE READ IF APPLYING FOR MCALLEN. Like I said, great company as a sales associate there are many ways of making money. Reason why my review is low is because at the store I worked at it was very stressful to work. Managers sometimes in good moods and most of the times in bad moods. They spent most they're time gossiping than helping employees. Sales associates were expected to make commission goals, but we had other duties which held us back and was not our job. i.e. doing merchandizer, and cashier jobs. HORRIBLE EXP. IN MCALLEN, most co workers I knew we're trying to get out of there.

1 2 3

About TigerDirect

Systemax's system involves being direct.┬áThe company is┬áprimarily a direct marketer of computers, electronics, and technology – Read more

TigerDirect Salaries