TigerDirect Employee Reviews

they were very rudy
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAOctober 5, 2017
I will never tell anyone to work there. leave was the best thing I could have done. never seen such madness in my life. not everyone just most of them
The company is gone in the US I think
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 5, 2017
TigerDirect was just like BestBuy, but with more competent sales people and had better training courses. A great place to work and hone your sales tactics, because of the wide range of products you could work with. Mangement was super, class A guys.
Out of business
Inside Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 17, 2017
Company is not in business. Purchased by PCM Sales, Inc. Company is out of business and I would not recommend this place to anyone or PCM Sales, Inc.
MY direct boss was the President, and he was BRILLIANT
Direct Mail Catalog Media Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2017
Company was purchased by another company at the point I left - however, prior to that - it started as a small company of 40 people, and grew to several hundred. Daily deadlines, and working with brilliant minded people made me look forward to going to "work" everyday.
Pros
The work day was over before I was ready to leave
Cons
Constant deadlines and stress, but that was also a PRO
If you love stress and cut-throat challenges then this is the place to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 17, 2017
Super hectic as soon as you walk through the door. The competition is great but a lot of the times because of poor management it gets out of hand. There are as well too many things to keep up with that just overloads you to a point where you do not even know what to start with.
Pros
New Technology, Custom Approach
Cons
Management, Poor Compensation
Got bored.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 15, 2017
Great company had a lot of benefits, but got bored with my job. Wanted something more than what I was doing. Decided to go back to school and learn a trade.
Pros
Professional
Cons
None.
It was great while it lasted.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 29, 2017
They made a lot of mistakes. didn't have a good vision for the future. It should have one of the great company but they stopped taking care of their people and was too much into greed
Pros
Pay
Cons
compusa
Great place to work and build a work family
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2017
This place closed down and no longer exist. many people have moved on to the new company that bought them out while other went to new adventures. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
great mgt
Cons
some long hours and poor accounting systems
Not the bet place to work management wa terrible
Computer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2017
A lousy place to work you get no training they throw you to the wolves to let you fend for yourself the compensation for what you do is lousy not worth working here
Pros
Get to work with Technology
Cons
not enough compensation for what you do
No longer exists
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 1, 2017
This place no longer exists in many of its previous locations around the US.
This place was a mediocre place to work at best. Many of the issues that were going on at the time of my employment were upper management related, hence why they are mostly closed. This company, for the most part, died because they poorly executed their retail and on-line market and didn't have the brand nor the marketing capabilities with such companies like Amazon and Ebay.
Pros
Flexible, Friendly staff and cool enviroment
Cons
Poor management, stupid policies.
TigerDirect
Manager (Former Employee) –  1800 S Main ste 600 , Mcallen TxMay 25, 2017
A typical day at Tigerdirect included long hours with people that became family. I learned how to interact with all types of customers. Management at the local level was the best I've ever experienced. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part was the friendships made during my time there.
Productive Workplace
Merchandiser / Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
Working at TigetDirect I was a merchandiser and we would have to assort various appliances and tag them. The management at TigerDirect was very helpful. At TigerDirect I was actually influenced to pursue my skill of networking and I got enrolled to ITT tech. It was a very inspiring job to work harder and always better myself.
Great coworkers -horrible upper management
Account Manager/Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 27, 2017
after PCM bought Tigerdirect,things went down-hill impressively fast. lots of procedural changes in a very short amount of time. would definitely NOT recommend
Company lacked vision
Front-End Developer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 31, 2017
They think very short term and they are focused on your time clock way too much.

They fell victim to the times because they didn't adapt. If you worked hard and you went above and beyond, just make sure others notice so that your boss doesn't take credit.
Pros
People were great. Met a lot of amazingly talented people
Cons
Lack of direction. Lack of vision. Very short term thinking.
Growing Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 13, 2017
This company could take off and becoming the number 2 company in the industry. You just have to hang in there. First year is tough. Building a book of business is not easy.
Pros
Free vendor lunches
Cons
healthcare and 401K could be better
make the best of it..
Senior Corporate & Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 13, 2017
TD is no more, and that is because of changing times, market, and the stress they put employees under. Not the best place, but their were diamonds in the rough and some really good people working under tough conditions
couldnt stand up from desk for 2 seconds
Business to Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 27, 2017
Terrible boss, loved the company and everything about it. Everyone was nice but management seemed ignore employees. I learned alot of great skills and life lessons
fun place to work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 9, 2017
every day was fun and challenging love the tech stuff and learning new things. Great team work with all. need better corp support
Closed down
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAJanuary 16, 2017
I loved working at tiger direct. It was serious but also laid back. Most employees got along. There was no drama or favortism. Everyone was treated equally. Unfortunately it had closed down.
Pros
Good hours and good money
Cons
Long hours.
Team work, knowledge and experience
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 28, 2016
1) day started with receiving computers with all kind of issues.
2) Learned a lot from the computers issues and got a lot of experience, knowledge, skills and customer service .

3) Team work.
4) The hardest part is getting new computers with new Issues.
5) with all that i got a very good experience and skills.