TigerDirect Employee Reviews in United States

Store set up , assign daily tasks and follow up through out the day. Customer service , run sales floor and ensure that opperations were being done.
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 26, 2016
Poor support from Management , had no store manager for the entire time I was employed. Management had a very high turnover rate and store leadership lacked consistence. Operational disaster due to lack of communication and basic training skills.
warehouse
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAJuly 22, 2016
shipping and packing all day . great job . but they are no longer a company the sold out. the job really wasn't hard to me .co workers were great and enjoyable and hard workers.
Sad
B2B Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2016
No wonder they closed, then sold, then got in legal trouble. Simply sad ......................................
Pros
Working with Technology, and a few people there.
Cons
Everything except working with technology and a few of the people.
great place to learn while working
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 12, 2016
Great co-workers, we were almost like a family. I learn a lot of technology.i loved that job. the hardest thing for me was seeing the store close.
Very Unprofessional workplace
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2016
There is a reason the company shutdown. very unprofessional workplace and unprofessional management. Sales managers were rude to customers and to the employees.
The Computer Outlet
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2016
This Company is crafty to say the least with a wonderful gimmick for profit. The work atmosphere seems free enough as there is no particular script but there quality assurance is geared to perfection. Remember, they are an electronic outlet source. The products are not only for sale but they are in use as well.
Pros
Great cowerkers from all sorts
Cons
Managers/Supervisors are there to help, maybe.
My previous job
Customer Service and Catalogue Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
I worked in Sales and customer service. I was there right out of high school. I was a great learning experience. I grew as a person and employee I learned a lot about computers.
Great place to in.
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TX 78503May 20, 2016
Management really tried to build a team environment, learned many of my inventory control skills from our merchandise manager. Co-workers became like a second family, we always took care of each other.
Very fast pace environment. There was never a dull moment.
Accounting Drop Ship Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2016
* Each day brought something new.
* You learn how to multitask and work under pressure.
* If you were good at what you did management felt no need to micromanage you.
* Coworkers were like family and made going to work fun.
* The hardest part of the job was always being mentally prepared daily for a full workload and juggling 3 and 4 projects at the same time.
* The most enjoyable part of the job were the raffles and giveaways.
Pros
Employees got to order all product the company sold at cost.
Cons
Expensive healthcare plan.
Sales
Business to Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2016
is responsible for driving sales through up-selling and cross selling techniques delivering exceptional customer service to our corporate and government customers
Excellent enviroment
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAApril 27, 2016
Was informed of what was expected for the day and if there was any special projects for that day. Management knew who could get the job done effectively and who couldn't.
Pros
Cons
Hours during peak season
catalog sales
Team Manager/Coach (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 9, 2016
Tiger Direct back then was all about catalog sales for computers and computer components. Tiger Direct taught me a variety of different things, customer services, computer sales and warehouse management.
prodution and fun
IC (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAApril 4, 2016
I would go in to tiger direct have our meeting to start out day my co-workers was very easy to work with. the hardest thing to get through was the bright and early overtime at 5:00am but I loved when lunch came they always fed us our management always showed appreciation.
Was a positive place to work
Invemtory Control (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAMarch 17, 2016
Tiger Direct was an enjoyable place to work. Everyone worked well together with a positive attitude.
I really liked the exercise session before everyone started work. Helped to prepare for all the counting and inventory for the day.
Pros
Appriate breaks, great attitudes
Cons
Company sold out and was closed.
Great Job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAMarch 16, 2016
>On a regular day we would clock in and stretch. go to our department to find our task for the day and do them until it was time to clock out, or if we finished all our task before hand.
Pros
Great hours and pay
Cons
Not climate controlled
Decent working environment, but offered little to no opportunity for advancement of security
Technology Sales Consultant & Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAMarch 14, 2016
I enjoyed working here, but the company was sold and the warehouse and storefront I worked in closed as a result with little warning and minimum compensation.
Decent workplace
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMarch 11, 2016
Management was horrid, the only thing that had me enjoy working there was being able to work with electronics. The co-workers were good to work with, very helpful.
It closed for a reason
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRMarch 7, 2016
Although the work environment was satisfactory there was no place to grow and no type of motivation to stay. The store closed at Christmas time so you can imagine how my holidays went.
Pros
Nice co-workers, average pay grade
Cons
No sense of pride in the company, not enough supervision y managers, obvious favoritism between departments
Unorganized
Jefferson, Georgia Merchandise Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAMarch 1, 2016
Little to no communication between store and corporate locations. To much overturn within the stores merchandise causing confusion and upsetting customers who depended on certain products. This particular company has been bought out and is no longer in business.
long hard days
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 20, 2016
Sent over 100 packages daily through UPS and FedEx. Made corrections on packages that had delivery errors. Pick and pack items for delivery. Hard around the holidays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TigerDirect. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8