Tijuana Flats Tex-Mex

Tijuana Flats Tex-Mex Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 8, 2016
Tijuana Flats by far has the most amazing approach to building teams and sales. The core values are something I will cherish in my life for years to come.
Pros
Ability to be yourself / quality of life
Great customer service and friendly environment,
Cashier, Cleaning, Stocking, and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33912November 22, 2016
The hours are very flexible, management was amazing and I always left happy. The most enjoyable thing about the job is making customer happy and making new friends.
Pros
50% off food
Great experince they staff is amazing!
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 22, 2016
My time working there was stressful, but also very amazing. From the managers to the employees. I would love going into work because I knew I was going to have a good time and the staff is basically my second family.
Very fun upbeat work envirement
Cook/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 16, 2016
All the staff is really friendly and accepting. Very fun place to work your co-workers will be some of your new best friends! Tuesdays are super busy and can be stressful.
Cons
As a cook they work ya as hard as you let them
Started from the bottom
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLOctober 28, 2016
Started at Flats as a cashier and worked every job from cashier up to Assistant General Manager. I loved every minute of it until I hit management where I felt like I became another number on a spreadsheet instead of a person. Good company to work for otherwise.
Pros
Good pay, good discounts
Cons
Too corporate
Very productive and constantly on your feet
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 20, 2016
A typical day of work at Tijuana Flats could get tiring, but with the managers i work with, they make it fun for me. My co-workers made it fun to work there as well since we see each other a lot. I learned about patience and how to cook new things. The hardest part about the job would be the amount of people that would come in at once and would fill the back with orders. But with the right co-workers and the right management, It can be completely fun. My most enjoyable part of the job would be the friendship and bonds you make with one another because of how much everyone sees each other. Uniform enforcement is lenient but professional and tattoos are allowed which makes it more convenient since most co-workers have tattoos.
Pros
50% off food everyday, Flexible Scheduling, and a fun work environment.
Organized Chaos
General Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2016
Fun, Hip place to work with a great culture. Can be very stressful, but that is the name of the game. Fast casual dining with very high standards. Tijuana Tuesdays are the busy days!
Pros
Awesome people and team members
Fun workplace while going to school but lacks upper management leadership
PART TIME MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLOctober 8, 2016
A typical day at Tijuana Flats involves cooking and cleaning throughout the entire kitchen. At times is can be very stressful but at other times, not so much. Tijuana Flats paid me a good hourly rate while i was in high school and throughout my firefighter training but the management for the most part was extremely unprofessional and rude. This is the case in most restaurants
Pros
Discounted food and felxable schedules
Cons
unprofessional managers
It was FUN
Waitress, Hostes, Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 6, 2016
I was a FOH member and it was very fun and awesome I enjoyed Tijuana Flats!
My favorite part about working there was the guests, they made it feel like a friendly atmosphere.
One if my favorite jobs
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 1, 2016
I started working for the company as a dish washer, moved up to a cook, then to a trainer and eventually started managing. Staff was great and a great environment to work in
Fast paced and up beat Mexican food
Server/Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLOctober 1, 2016
The restaurant is always artsy and the hot sauce bar is so cool and different. Serving was pretty simple, I liked working with team. Cash register was a big part of serving. Greeting customers with specials and knowledge of the menu was expected and done perfectly!
great company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 30, 2016
the 7 years at Tijuana flats was great I moved up the ranks very quickly with hard work. I really loved the fact they took care of there people and had a great culture.
fun work place
111o Weston Rd FL, 33326 - Trainer / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Tijuana Flats is a wonderful work place i learn so much in the amount of time working there the crew member are supper nice and the managers as well. i was a shift leader there unfortunately i had to leave because i moved, i love the way they treat people and how many fun raising they do.
Pros
many opportunities
Cons
good 45 min break
Overall good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLSeptember 6, 2016
The job was fun, and management was good overall, the employees are great and very friendly, great place to both work and eat whether youre alone or with friends.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
No Healthcare
Very fun place to work but poor management.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonAugust 26, 2016
I genuinely enjoyed working for Tijuana Flats. It was a very fun environment. I liked serving the customers and being remembered the next time they come in. I quit because of management downfall. They didn't know how to manage a company, I voiced my opinion respectfully and no changes were made so I had to leave.
Pros
50% off food, tips
Cons
management
tijuana flats
Cook (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 24, 2016
was a fun place to work. Was a good learning experience around food and working with different personalities. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the high customer demand.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no breaks, at times alot of tension among co workers
Fun and Upbeat Atmosphere
Cashier,Server (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 28, 2016
I enjoyed my job a lot all the gurl were friends and had fun at work which made the customers happy to see employees enjoy what they do. The only thing that I did not like was the change in management the manager was great, but the process was a little rough on everyone and confusing at times. I would work for this company again.
Great company.
Waitress/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2016
Loved my experience here. Great staff. Everyone is very knowledgeable, passionate, dedicated, and reliable. Quality customer service. I gained a lot of valuable experience here
Alot of young people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2016
There is a lot of micromanagement at tijuana flats because the staff is so young and must be redirected everytime they round the corner.
Pros
Half off food anytime.
Cons
Split shifts, short hours, minimal tips.
Amazing
CUSTOMER SERVICE/cashier/sales (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 27, 2016
One of the best places I've ever had the pleasure to work for! You're family once you join the team there. Yummy food as well!!
Pros
All of it
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tijuana Flats Tex-Mex. Our community is ready to answer.