Tijuana Flats Tex-Mex Employee Reviews

Very productive and constantly on your feet
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 20, 2016
A typical day of work at Tijuana Flats could get tiring, but with the managers i work with, they make it fun for me. My co-workers made it fun to work there as well since we see each other a lot. I learned about patience and how to cook new things. The hardest part about the job would be the amount of people that would come in at once and would fill the back with orders. But with the right co-workers and the right management, It can be completely fun. My most enjoyable part of the job would be the friendship and bonds you make with one another because of how much everyone sees each other. Uniform enforcement is lenient but professional and tattoos are allowed which makes it more convenient since most co-workers have tattoos.
Pros
50% off food everyday, Flexible Scheduling, and a fun work environment.
Good kitchen and workplace but with flaws
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2016
Good kitchen if you have people who want to work hard with you. However the stress and speed of the job mixed with the hours and compensation makes it a little to on the not worth while. Unless you plan to become the general manager or go corporate for income. Either way expect very long work weeks for mediocre pay in my opinion. Pay your employee's more they deserve it for the labor asked of them.
Pros
fun place, cool environment, good culture
Cons
lack of pay, will work you hard with little pay increase even with company growth, cant afford to have weak teammates or you fail there.
Incredible food, all fresh, very young company, hostile work environment
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJanuary 17, 2016
Lots of opportunity to be had, but watched the inner workings and integrity deteriorate in past 4 years. Low pay, false promises, Incredible benefits, but harrassement and bullying are encouraged, upper management covers instead of fixes problems.

Great opportunity for young starters, they promote from within, the training is impeccable, but definitly a ladder not a career.

Average work week is 55+ hours/week, and coming in on time off at least 2-3 per month
Pros
Benefits, experience, gratification of watching and helping employees grow, guests.
Cons
no breaks, long hours, no quality of life, low pay, not a career, no accountability with upper management
Fun workplace while going to school but lacks upper management leadership
PART TIME MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLOctober 8, 2016
A typical day at Tijuana Flats involves cooking and cleaning throughout the entire kitchen. At times is can be very stressful but at other times, not so much. Tijuana Flats paid me a good hourly rate while i was in high school and throughout my firefighter training but the management for the most part was extremely unprofessional and rude. This is the case in most restaurants
Pros
Discounted food and felxable schedules
Cons
unprofessional managers
Time to hustle
Line cook (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 17, 2016
A typical day at work means hustling. Sweating and fast paced movement is what it takes to keep up with the demand for service to a community that loves tacos. Always developing new ways to manage time and keep up with labor demands. Many people do not have what it takes to be a line cook because of the pressure that the line cooks must withstand. The hardest part of the job is staying on task and not losing track of proper procedures when times get tough.
Pros
Discount of food, possibility to earn a scholarship.
Cons
low wages, hard to get time off, no health benefits.
Started from the bottom
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLOctober 28, 2016
Started at Flats as a cashier and worked every job from cashier up to Assistant General Manager. I loved every minute of it until I hit management where I felt like I became another number on a spreadsheet instead of a person. Good company to work for otherwise.
Pros
Good pay, good discounts
Cons
Too corporate
Great customer service and friendly environment,
Cashier, Cleaning, Stocking, and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33912November 22, 2016
The hours are very flexible, management was amazing and I always left happy. The most enjoyable thing about the job is making customer happy and making new friends.
Pros
50% off food
Fun environment, flexible job!
Server/Greeter/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2016
TFlats is great. I have been with the company for almost 3 years now and it's been a great high school and college job. They are really understanding with your schedule, requesting off is easy, and getting your shift covered only requires you to use the scheduling app. Only things I don't like are that hours are very inconsistent and sometimes a 4 hour shift will turn into a 2 hour shift if store is not busy. Also, tips will depend on the location!
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy requests off, fun environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours, short shifts, Split Tips
A good job for high school students to get experience in the work field.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 12, 2016
I loved working with my co workers and seeing my regular customers. I learned what its like to work in a fast passed environment and work as a team. The management was the only reason I left. My general manager was very disrespectful to employees. I left because I could not take being disrespected any longer. My co workers were all amazing and I love each and every one of them. throughout the time of me working there I connected with a lot of them on a personal level which is important because when you connect with your employees it creates a better working environment.
Pros
Fun co workers, awesome costumers.
Cons
poor management, no room for advancement.
Very fun place to work but poor management.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonAugust 26, 2016
I genuinely enjoyed working for Tijuana Flats. It was a very fun environment. I liked serving the customers and being remembered the next time they come in. I quit because of management downfall. They didn't know how to manage a company, I voiced my opinion respectfully and no changes were made so I had to leave.
Pros
50% off food, tips
Cons
management
Fun workplace
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLDecember 14, 2016
Fun place to work, helpful management and coworkers with a sense of family, good company to work for, room for growth in the company and workplace, no complaints.
Productive and fun work environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2016
Family and fun are key components to the work environment with this company. This company is not just a great restaurant for guests to enjoy food, but it is a wonderful place to work. Only two years in this company and I have learned so much and have grown even more. There is so much room for growth in the company which only gave myself new goals and provided with me ambition as the days went on. Management and co-workers are your biggest supporters to one another making each shift and transition within the company enjoyable and heartfelt.
Organized Chaos
General Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2016
Fun, Hip place to work with a great culture. Can be very stressful, but that is the name of the game. Fast casual dining with very high standards. Tijuana Tuesdays are the busy days!
Pros
Awesome people and team members
Fun and Upbeat Atmosphere
Cashier,Server (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 28, 2016
I enjoyed my job a lot all the gurl were friends and had fun at work which made the customers happy to see employees enjoy what they do. The only thing that I did not like was the change in management the manager was great, but the process was a little rough on everyone and confusing at times. I would work for this company again.
great company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 30, 2016
the 7 years at Tijuana flats was great I moved up the ranks very quickly with hard work. I really loved the fact they took care of there people and had a great culture.
Overall good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLSeptember 6, 2016
The job was fun, and management was good overall, the employees are great and very friendly, great place to both work and eat whether youre alone or with friends.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
No Healthcare
Alot of young people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2016
There is a lot of micromanagement at tijuana flats because the staff is so young and must be redirected everytime they round the corner.
Pros
Half off food anytime.
Cons
Split shifts, short hours, minimal tips.
very unprofessional company
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 31, 2016
worked in management with this company. My training was in a store that was operated by a drunk. Most of the managers I met had little to no professionalisim.The upper management seems to have no clue on decision making.Very unorganized when it comes to decision making. The job was not hard but made to be hard with the horrble managers in charge of making decisions. i would suggest nooooo one takes a manager position with this company over the age of 25. More for young people with no education and or experience. Feels like you are at a Mcdonadls or something
Pros
holidays off
Cons
micro mgt, unprofessional, horrible staff, no accountability
fun work place, great first job
Cashier, Waitress, Line Server (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLNovember 17, 2016
at Tijuana flats you have the opportunity to experience a family oriented relationship with most of your customers. a typical day consists of ringing in orders, answering the phone, taking care of customers at the pick-up window, delivering food to the customers, and taking care of any refills or any customer request.
Pros
great food
Cons
poor managment
great place for high schoolers to work
Server/ Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 27, 2016
I loved working at this restaurant but being one of the people who opened this store in Gastonia and the first one to be cross-trained, I never received a raise or promotion when everyone around me was. You have to be energetic for this job, that it why I loved the environment! But trying to move out, I did not get enough hours or pay to cover bills alone. Better for someone in high school since they close early!
Pros
fun environment
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tijuana Flats Tex-Mex. Our community is ready to answer.