Tijuana Flats Tex Mex

Tijuana Flats Tex Mex Employer Reviews

Fun work environment
Cook (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 13, 2015
Great work environment, a lot of great co-workers. Management really put forth an effort to make sure not just the customers were happy but the employees as well.
Hugh energy
Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 20, 2015
If you love customer service and working in a fast pace environment, this is the job for you. Fun environment and the manager always likes to give back.
No money or opportunity here
grill/prep (Former Employee), Boynton beach, flFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good, fun work environment
Cons: minimum wage and barely any hours
I worked way too hard for minimum wage and 20 hours a week, if that. I came in early almost every morning and did prep work, opened the line and stocked everything up, and did piles of dishes all before we opened at 11. My hard work went unnoticed and unappreciated for sure. It's a brand new restaurant and I understand they have to adjust to labor cost and food cost and all that. But wow I was doing anything and everything to try and get a little raise or move up and learn other things. Once they figure things out it will definitely be a fun place to work for someone seeking a part time job and doesn't have any bills to pay...
Micro managing
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Upper management is horrible. Constantly changing, and so much micro managing. Was told I would work only 50 hours a week, and in reality it was almost 70 with no compensation.
Perfect job for a teenager
Certified Designated Trainer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Tijuana Flats is the perfect part-time position for a teenager seeking extra money in their pocket. The shifts are extremely short (two-three hours) but it is an up-beat high energy restaurant. The dynamic is a positive vibe and I would highly recommend this job to a fellow youngin. Overall, four stars to this restaurant.
Wild Place to Work
Support Professional/Customer Service (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2014
Over the top energy and keeping guests happy, all while maintaining team ethics is one reason I loved working at Tijuana Flats. I learned the power of communication and how to follow up with people to improve their skills.
time in tijuana
MANAGER (Former Employee), sanford fl.November 4, 2014
amazing place to work. never a dull moment and the people are great.
Great food Great culture
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), LutzSeptember 24, 2014
The culture ther was great. All employees under me were awesome. I looked foward to going to work everyday.
Okay job for a highschool student
Server (Former Employee), Casselberry, FLSeptember 6, 2014
It's a job for young girls and guys who don't really have bills or responsibilities. It is fun and you work with nice people but like I said it's more for younger people (16-18)
fun
Server (Current Employee), Largo, FLAugust 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Fun place to work and great food. Management was awful but you could do whatever you wanted.
It is a fun professional environment with great customer service standards.
Trainer, Server and Cashier (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
A typical day at work involves above and beyond customer service while completing my trainer, cashier and server duties. As a member of the front of house staff I take guests food orders, deliver food to guests table, and maintain store appearance. I have developed a great professional relationship with managers and employees. My experiences with Tijuana Flats have given me great leadership and communication skills in addition to learning how to be successful both as an individual and as a team. The hardest part of the job is learning to prioritize tasks in order to provide complete guest satisfaction while maintaining employee duties. I most enjoy achieving complete guest satisfaction and working with a great team to do so.
Great atmosphere with a focus on customer service
CASHIER/ SERVER (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 3, 2014
Pros: half off meals
A typical day at work means coming in and being ready to serve right away. As soon as you see someone walking in you greet them at the door providing them with menus and information about the restaurant, also answering any questions they may have. I've learned many valuable things with this company like the value of great customer service. If you give a guest one bad experience with bad customer service they may never come back. If you give a guest one experience with great customer service, they will come back for the rest of their lifetime and remain loyal to you and your company. It is very important to have loyal customers that come in every week and to know them on name basis while also creating relationships with them. Management is great with teaching what you need to know and doing it well while being strict but also understandable. Co workers are always easy to get along with and most friendships created last for a lifetime. The hardest part about the job is closing the store. The process is easy once you get the hang of it but it is time consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job is making people happy and seeing satisfied customers daily.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work was very productive, I enjoyed the coworkers and experience with the customers. There was a newly hired manager who demonstrated poor skills in managing the team and in conversing with employees, he was very short with his attitude and used profanity when disciplining employees. Dealing with the manager was the most difficult part of the job, however I mostly worked through it and pursued the happiness and satisfaction of customers and guests.
Excellent place to work
Trainer/Cashier (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJune 22, 2014
Fun, productive environment to work for and focusses not only on excellent customer service but also giving back to the community as well in various ways.
Best Taco places ever!!!
Line Cook (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLMay 22, 2014
Pros: good tex mex food.
Cons: no cons
One the best places i ever worked at, and i also met some the most down to earth people ever.
Typical Restaurant Management Position
Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2014
Company states it has a very good work environment for management, however once you are trained and begin working as a manager they expect you to work long hours without any breaks and come in on your days off to help keep employee costs low and/or do light repair or maintenance work.

There are better paying restaurant management jobs out there. I would recommend considering Tijuana Flats only if you don't have any other options.
a good part time workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: good food
a typical day was cooking in a fast pace during the lunch and dinner rush's, washing dishes, cleaning and closing the kitchen before leaving.
cool work place with positive influences
Line cook (Former Employee), Stuart, FLMarch 3, 2014
Pros: adjustable shifts
Cons: food rush
Typical day required long hours of non stop service
Learned the values of quality
Management was organized
Co-workers created a team atmosphere
Hardest part of that job was the food rush
The most enjoyable part of that job was the unique atmosphere
fun energetic place to work.
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLFebruary 26, 2014
I feel i work to hard to be working there and can be making more money else where working just as hard if not harder.
Great for young people, fades as you age.
FRONT OF HOUSE SERVER/IN-STORE TRAINER (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no breaks, hard to get hours when you need them.
Been here three years, i have found it impossible to move beyond my current status. It's fast paced and fun, but the culture of it is changing.

About Tijuana Flats Tex Mex

Tijuana Flats is not your average, everyday restaurant concept. We have the "Anything Goes" approach to food, wall – Read more

Tijuana Flats Tex Mex Salaries