Tilly's

Tilly's Employer Reviews

Fun work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Peoria, AZDecember 14, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: low pay
Typical day at work was to interact with customers and help them find what they were looking for and making sure they had a great experience in the store so they can refer to other people and hopefully come back. I learned new ways to get customers to add on to there shopping list. The hardest part about the job was staying there late at night with – more... school the next day for low pay. I got along with all my co-workers and became friends with some outside of work. The most enjoyable part about the job was meeting new people everyday and just talking to the customers and fulfilling their needs. – less
It was ecommerce
In House Photographer (Former Employee), IrvineDecember 4, 2014
I did the same thing every day.
The main thing that was benefiting was working with a good creative team, working with models, and learning how to style clothes and products.
My co-workers were encouraging and fun which made the day pass by.
Waking up at 5:30am was sometimes tiring.
Sample sale is always great!
Weight shouldnt matter
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MINovember 15, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: low hours
A typical day for me would be folding clothes , putting up shelves , and stocking items before the store opened . I learned how to fold clothes professionally . Management was nice and so were my coworkers . I did not appreciate not having many hours because apparently I didn't look like a tilly's girl . Hardest part of the job would probably be putting – more... items up on high shelves because the ladders were wobbly so I was scared I would fall. The enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to my coworkers and ask for help without people huffing and puffing at me . – less
Good job, low pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 7, 2014
The pay at this job is minimum wage, so if you are starting out it would be a good job. A typical work day includes helping customers find what they need, while also trying to add more for them. There is no commission for what you sell. Also, folding clothes and making sure everything is neat is really important since it is a clothing store.
Working retail
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Brentwood, CANovember 4, 2014
I helped customers throughout the store, worked at the register and helped with changing the display in the store.
Fun learning experience
Made sales, cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 3, 2014
First job after high school, loved everything about it. The only reason I left was because discount tire offered me more hours at a better hourly wage.
Fun and comfortable place to work
Sales associate, head of workload team (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXNovember 3, 2014
Tilly's was by far the best job I had. I had amazing managers, and awesome co workers. everyone got along great and made it fun to go to work. My job was just naturally the hardest because I had to lift boxes that weighed about 124 lbs and put all the clothes that were in the boxes out in the same day. On a good day, i'd get maybe four or five boxes, – more... on a bad day i'd get about 18 to 24 boxes. – less
Extremely fun!
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Escondido, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: holiday bonus, benefits, great corporate team
Cons: no raises
This was my favorite company to ever work for! I was very bummed and sad to leave the company, but due to personal reasons I had to pursue my passions and career life and return back to school. They were very fun and very appreciative company to ever work for. They really took great care of their employees and gave us great incentives.
Fun workplace
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Mays Landing, NJOctober 22, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working at Tilly's is building that real customer connection. We really have fun with our customers.
Best place to work at bay far
Sales (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: corporate
Managers are wonderful they work well with schedules, learn all aspects of retail
Responsibilities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), leawood kansasOctober 13, 2014
My responsibilities included: Operating the business by opening/closing store, handling cash management, providing exceptional customer service, managing/training sales associates, running the sales store, keeping track of daily sales goal and comp, visual displays, checking emails, answering phones and maintain a presentable organized and clean store.
Accomplishments: – more... Being promoted from Lead Sales to Assistant Manager in three months of being with the company, was made visual d.o.r and training and development d.o.r. – less
sales,customer service
Floor supervisor/Sales Rep (Former Employee), Orange, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: fun environment, great leadership, awesome people to work with
Cons: late weekend nights
Apply Sales and customer service strategies to clients.
Learned a wide arrangement of sales techniques and problem solving skills.
Working in such a fun atmosphere at a young age really helped to create a mindset for teamwork and hard work ethic.
excellent management and management opportunities. Great team atmosphere
Sometimes fun and productive, Sometimes hard and stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mays Landing, NJSeptember 30, 2014
Cons: only got 5 hours a day and only 2 days a week, and only got paid minimum wage
Most days seem to go by quick and easy. Learned how to do online orders and visuals better. Management is cool 99% of the time and co-workers were the same. The hardest part of the job was to have to keep bothering the customers. I feel like if we talk to customers one time and they are doing fine and don't want help we should not have to keep bothering – more... them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being on register all day or sometimes when I only had to work on shipment. – less
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 25, 2014
Working at Tillys I was able to figure a few things about myself like being very good at dressing other people.
I enjoyed working in retail very much and it was a very good first job for a teenager.
Energetic and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Commerce, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: fun environment, good hours
typical day included opening the store, fixing up displays, preparing cash registers, returning product to its rightful locations, interacting with customers, fixing or relocating displays.
I learned at Tilly's how to more in-depth deal with and help customers with all their questions and needs.
Management was very friendly and helpful to all of us – more... whenever we had questions or needed help with anything.
hardest part of the job was cleaning up the store after hours.
the most enjoyable part was working with my coworkers an helping out customers with their shopping needs. – less
Great High School first job
Sales Associate, Merchandiser (Former Employee), Folsom, CASeptember 8, 2014
Very simple job to do as a post high school student. The job required to tend to customers and add on more items to what they were already purchasing. I also restocked merchandise and placed new items.
I learned how to put together outfits and help meet customers' needs. Work was fun with great co-workers and management was always helpful.
Productice
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: short shifts, no over time, no hours
Clock in, review where you are placed. Apply Customer Service to customers and sell. Our hours are based on our sales, I am currently ranked number one overall.
Experience with Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cucamonga, CAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: working overtime
Cons: difficult customers
Very pleasant while work area stayed productive with coworkers that were willing to lend a helping hand and communicated about anything that they seen going on.

I came to understanding how to deal with customers when they're either difficult, curious, and confused.

The people I worked with were not only well organized but also nice, though they took – more... there job serious and spoken bluntly, they wouldn't mind listening to you then reply with guidance.

Searching to see if we had merchandise and clothing in our store was a problem but I got the hang of it quick. If you're new to something you'll understand it eventually.

Keeping busy and making sales had to be my most enjoyable part of the job. I loved reaching customers interest in buying something, especially our watches and shoes. It brought a smile to my face with a desire for more hours. – less
An A+ Employer
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 28, 2014
An A+ Employer. Great people with a creative and supportive work environment.
Friendly staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: part time
Cons: no benifits
Co workers were great at making you feel like family. Job schedule was flexible.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tilly's

Tilly's likely has an Ollie or a Hang Ten upĀ its stores' sleeves. Through its World of Jeans & Tops subsidiary, the company operates – Read more