Tillys Employee Reviews in United States

fun work place with many oppurtunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2016
this was my first job at 17 years old, i loved working here in retail i got all of my fashion senses from all the weekly updates. i met lots of cool fun people while they would shop and i didnt even consider myslef at work because it was so fun and i was occupied all the time doing something that i loved
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill Mall, NJMay 6, 2016
it was a easy retail job. Putting clothes away and helping costumers find the right shoe sizes or clothing size. I enjoyed working here and working with the staff.
Visual Merchandiser
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2016
A typical day at work included maintaining window displays, interior point-of-sale displays and clothing racks/ displays. I loved this job because it gave me the ability to express my organizational and styling skills. The management went well due to the amount of disciplined workers in the store, some of which I went to school with at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely styling the mannequins and the store window. The hardest part of the job was probably leaving due to moving back to NYC! I love visual merchandising and wish to continue my experience in this field.
Pros
Fun & friendly enviroment, some co-workers were also classmates, great area
Interesting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Porter Ranch, CAApril 29, 2016
If you are young this is a good place to start working. You get to work with others your age, short shifts if you are not management, and of course discounts are always great
Tilly's is not a great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 26, 2016
Tilly's is not a great place to work because the management team fails to communicate. This failure to communicate leads to employees suffering unnecessary consequences.
Loved working for this company!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 23, 2016
Wet Seal was a fun, fast-paced, go-go-go kind of job!! From start to finish, your day was consumed with pleasing the customer!! The stores were well kept and the merchandise they sold was perfect for the everyday teen.
Good experience for while in school
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 22, 2016
fun to work here because everyone is young and fun, but pay is terrible, so is hours, also the company will only hire you if you have the "look" i've literally heard management say they won't hire fat people
Workload in the back
Workload (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 17, 2016
I unpacked boxes, built displays, stocked shelves, unpacked the boxes, inventory. I liked working not in a food environment. Customer service skills improved.
Great Place to work, Wonderful Staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 17, 2016
Great Hours
Room for advancement
wonderful residents
Easy to change schedule
weekly meetings for improvement
capability to grow
Fun work environment but with little pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 11, 2016
Working at Tilly's in the mall was a lot of fun however since it's a mall job, there's little money and hours were inconsistent. If the store was behind on its weekly goal, the sales associates hours would be cut. My most enjoyable times were holiday season selling Ugg boots and nikes like hotcakes. The job was commission based so the moral and drive was high.
Pros
Fun shifts, good people, commission
Cons
minimum wage, 0.05% commission rate, inconsistent hours
Fun People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 9, 2016
Great people.
Easy to pick up on.
Fun competitions.
Managers were respectful and nice.
Didn't get very many hours.
Staying busy when store was slow was hard.
Pros
Respectful Managers.
Cons
Short Breaks. Low Pay.
working with retail
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 28, 2016
such a great company to work for great co workers and management. I learned the whole operations of the clothing department. hardest part of the day is not have what someone is looking for the most enjoyable as always going home.
Pros
tasks are easy to understand as, policies, and procedures.
Cons
low compensation, high stress
staff was like a huge family
Sales and Head cashier (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 11, 2016
I loved this job! I loved it so much because it was very competitive. when a customer came in we always greeted with a smile. I loved completing our sales goals because it made me feel accomplished.
Pros
always looked up to date on fashion
Cons
not to many hours
Comfortable work enviroment. Made me feel part of the team.
Sales/cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 1, 2016
Point of Sale, so my job was to help customers find the items they were looking for on the floor. We were to also keep the store; sales floor and fitting rooms, in tip top condition.
Pros
Display training, team building, learned new trends
Cons
short breaks, mall location so there was a lot of theft
great first job
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I could not have asked for a better first job. The company and staff were overwhelmingly supportive and thorough with their training. They foster their staff and support their growth in the company while creating a professional yet fun environment.
Busy and fun environment.
Workload Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 24, 2016
This was a fun and friendly environment to work in. The staff was more of a family than anything. They always had fun, and enjoyed being in each others company while working.
Positive and friendly workplace
Sales Associate Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAFebruary 23, 2016
I have learned a lot working at Tilly's. I always made sure to give good customer service. Helping customers to the fitting rooms. Some days I would be working on the cash register. My co-workers and management were always friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a customer pick out an outfit.
good for high school students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 21, 2016
Its a low wage but easy place to work. The managers will help you with any problem you have and give you praise about everything you do. I enjoyed my experience at tillys but it wasn't enough of a wage for me to stay afloat while I get my college education.
Pros
Friends
Cons
low wage
Don't work here
Seasonal sales representative (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 14, 2016
I was very young when I worked here. High school to be exact and I mostly kept to myself but everyone I worked with were pretty disrespectful. My co-workers were the worst people ever, they barely acknowledge me and couldn't wait to point out what I did wrong and had no patients. I don't how much it changed but it was a bad experience for me.
Great environment to be, and to grow.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  El Centro, CAFebruary 11, 2016
I started with Tilly's as a regular sales associate. We opened the store from scratch. I helped move and merchandise many of the clothes in the store. As an associate I did many selling shifts, as well as merchandising shifts. Every week we will get a visual update, and had the update the store in new trends. I was then developed to be a full time Visual Merchandiser for Tilly's. For this position i would only work mon-fri in the mornings before the store opened and changed the store up to date. I had a WL team that I was in charge of , changing promotions, and making sure that all our new shipment was out on time. In less than a year I was promoted to be the Assistant Manager. I had the DOR of Visuals at the beggining, but since my manager thought I had already master that trait, she wanted me to develop in other places. As of right now, I'm the DOR for operations. I make sure that all my other managers are doing what their DOR consist of. I have to make sure all my employee's are up-to-date of every legal notice going on at the store. As an asssistant manager I also run the store, and motivate my employees to make sales, so we could make the weekly goals.