Tillys Employee Reviews

Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 27, 2017
This is a fun and relaxing environment to work in. It also gets busy and competitive but that's just part of the fun. It was one of my first jobs and I loved it.
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 25, 2017
Its a fun place to work if you are willing to be a people person and sell. It is a great place to work if you are in college or in high school. Otherwise, money would be an issue.
Pros
environment
Cons
pay
Great Co- Workers
Cashier and Sales (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 25, 2017
Tilly's is truly like a family, be ready to engage with your co-workers and make lasting memories, be prepared for customers to be outgoing and interesting, and be prepared for any scenario there is no preparing you for what might walk in doors.
Fun, Easy
Sales Associate (Temporary Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAApril 25, 2017
It's the easiest job you will ever have, The staff is ok but in reality, if you can handle people talking trash about each other and behind each other backs all day then its the job for you. The workload is folded clothes and put stuff away that's it. Also calling 13-year-olds sir.
Pros
Easy
Cons
People are annoying.
Good
Sales Associate/Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 23, 2017
Good place to work great staff always something to do and have a fun time doing anything for the job preferable fast pace of the job done with no stimulation
Great company to work for
Assistant/Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CAApril 22, 2017
Can be stressful at times, especially dealing with a new store opening. Staff and management are all great to work alongside with little to no drama or difficulties.
Wish there was better pay
Cashier/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2017
Tillys was great, but unfortunately they do not pay for top talent leaving them in a position to need to hire constantly. Loved the clothes and the discount/
Average Retail experience
Assisstant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 18, 2017
Having worked retail previously, I knew what I was getting into. The size of the store and staff was a fun challenge to work with and around. The staff was always very friendly and knew what the job at hand was, and what needed to be done to complete it.
i had a good time a Tillys!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 18, 2017
i would clock in and go on floor with my manage and she would check me in and tell me my duties for today. and i would make sure i listen to those duties and be in a good mood and it would usually go fast i would help customers out with merch or any questions and after about 3hrs of that i would go on break for 25 minutes and come back and do the next 2hrs and the last hour we would see how much we made today and stock merch for the next day and clock out.
Pros
we had discounts on merch from the store
Cons
we had to close sometimes late
Amazing
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 13, 2017
great workplace, amazing people and company. I personally would go back. The hardest part was remembering how to work the cash register in the beginning.
All about sales and customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAApril 12, 2017
It was a fun place for a first job, but if you are people shy, then this is not the place for you. Your main priority is making sales, because it is retail, but management is always asking over walkie talkies how a customer is doing and what items you recommended and pushed to sell.
Organized
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 12, 2017
Started strictly for the holiday season, so I was thrown into a very busy time. I however, adjusted quickly to the pace and learned to love it! The environment was casual and comfortable, and the experience with guests was always fun. We earned commission so it was important to make a connection with the guest then the sale! the hardest part of the job was closing for me because it was my first retail job and learning all the details of how stands/mannequins/shelves was a long process. But during store hours I just loved helping the guests find things, or figure out what to buy, I enjoyed letting them feel like they have the floor. I added on more to my knowledge of how to read people as well(once you see peoples expressions when they walk in you can immediately adjust to their needs).
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
slow days
Great for people who like to fold clothes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 11, 2017
Nice place to work, opportunity to earn raises several times a year based on performance. Lots of folding, and lots of high school kids. Some of the music they play makes me want to quit.
loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 11, 2017
The managers were clear about their job expecations and they Always made sure we would reach our daily goal. The enviroment was very friendly just like the customers and employees.
Upper Management is Ridiculous
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 10, 2017
This job was great when corporate wasn't involved. I worked there for almost 3 years and in that 3 years we went through FOUR store managers because from the district manager and up it was ridiculous. I had a regional manager yell at me and send me home one time because I wasn't wearing any jewelry so that made me a bad representation of the Tilly's brand. Completely uncalled for. The pay sucks and I had to fight and claw to get the pay I was getting. This place is a joke and I wouldn't recommend leaving the job you have for this one.
Experience Needed.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 5, 2017
Overall, working at Tilly's has given me the chance to work with different people and help gain new skills for future opportunities. It's been an experience I don't regret at all. The only negative part about it was the scheduling. Management would frequently schedule me an 8 hour shift in less than a 24 hour notice without asking.
Pros
Team players, positive attitudes
Tillys
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 4, 2017
A fun culture and exciting to see the different people that you can encounter with the sports and music that Tillys is generally associated with. I enjoyed all my coworkers as they became like asecond family for a while and i always enjoyed hearing new customers stories.
Basic Retail Job, pretty laid back atmosphere
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 30, 2017
Your typical retail job! A fun and vibing place to work seasonally (with great employee discounts a few times a year). My managers were pretty laid back and the customers that came in were never TOO difficult. Lots of pre-teens and teenage customers along with a few adults. Nice start to getting into maintaining a job.
Maintain a clean store
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 29, 2017
The main focus of the company is to make sales, you are graded as an employee by how much profit you can make for the company. Responsibilities include folding clothes and keeping up to date with promotions as well as making sales.
atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 27, 2017
Everyone who I worked with at the time were so friendly and I felt like I could really shine and be myself in the work space.It is so busy, between working with customers and keeping the store presentable, there is always something to do. Most of the customers who shop at Tilly's are around my age (or shopping for someone around the ages of 16-25) and are looking for a similar style to what I like, so it was very easy to give impute to questioning customers.
Pros
free range of clothing style, training is quick, positive atmosphere
Cons
didn't get long enough shifts to get breaks, when I asked for days off I got put on the schedule