Tillys

Tillys Employer Reviews

great fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: does not promoye with in the ompany
-customer service
-cleaning
-visual work
-loss prevention
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDDecember 30, 2014
Pros: clothes discount!
Cons: bad management
Great place to work with helping with sales and communicating with customers but management needs to be handle alo differently than how they are today.
My experience
Sales associate / visuals (Current Employee), Clackamas, ORDecember 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: hours
I have been working in retail for a while now and I just finished dental assisting school and i want a career with the same set schedule. I love retail but i love dentistry more. I have learned a lot working for tillys, I became an independent hard working women because of tillys.
Fast Pace Customer Servicing
Sales Asscociate and Tasker (Current Employee), San BerardinoDecember 11, 2014
Pros: friendly associates
Cons: no breaks, not flexible, poor management
It is a routine job. It is customer service oriented, which helps people skills and communication skills. The management is very contradicting and hardly ever agree, causing a sometimes hostile work environment. The sales associates are very fun and make working at Tillys enjoyable and creates good vibes.
The hardest part of the job is working at a very fast pace and being able to multitask easily. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with those co-workers whom give positive energy throughout the store.
The hard work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), AZNovember 3, 2014
Pros: made new friends
Cons: disrespect
I worked hard didn't mess around took my job serious and I made lots and lots and lots of sales.
Friendly
SALES ASSOCIATE/Shipment (Former Employee), Broomfield, COOctober 8, 2014
Pros: working at the mall, discounts, music
Cons: hours
a typical day at work depended on where the managers wanted you. I was either cashier or greeter. I've learned to sell but not be pushy. Every customer is different. I've also learned most of my selling abilities here. Always try and up sell. Management was good. They were so nice and understanding. Co workers were fun to work with,got to see everyone's different styles. Hardest part of the job was those customers who say "just looking". Those are what i call independent customers. They either know what they want,are trying to pass up time or just don't want to be bothered. The most enjoyable was meeting new people.
It was a busy workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCSeptember 4, 2014
I liked working at Tillys , I enjoyed meeting new people. The company was a nice place and the people in their was nice and welcoming .
Great place to begin work and get trained
Sales associate (Current Employee), Commerce, CAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: unstable hours
Tillys is a great place for a first job. It was my first job and they taught me a lot about customer service and how retail works. I learned how to use a cash register and maneuver the Tillys software.
fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 24, 2014
I always had a good relationship with my coworkers.
the store was not very busy a lot of the time
It was minimum wage work
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2014
No room for advancement. Company changed policies far too often and the changes made did nothing to ease the process of attending to customers.
really fun environment
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 9, 2014
Pros: lots of hours available
Cons: getting your raise on time
a day at work goes by quick because of the fun we have and i must say there play list is all up beat
Fun place to work
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee), Visalia, CAMay 4, 2014
Pros: nice enviornment
Cons: management horrible, on call shifts
Assist an greet customers, ring up transactions, assist, answer phones.
good environment
Q.C (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CAFebruary 2, 2014
A typical day at Tilly's would start of as get in there and log in to what ever position you had. The environment was friendly and good everyone would get along with everyone
its a good company
Customer Service (Former Employee), floridaJanuary 10, 2014
Its a great company to work for it has its pros and cons. The Sales Associates lt there but management can be a little stressful.
Best job I've ever had along with the best people!
retail sales (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: 30-60 minute lunches, awesome people
I go into work, clock in and get excited just because I get to go out and talk to people and connect with them. I've learned so much from working at Tilly's like how to fold clothes the right way and to see peoples interests and tastes in fashion. The people I work with are amazing, so helpful, and are very up-beat. Some of the managers can be a little rough and have some attitude but it's all worth it because I know that they have a lot of stress put on them through out the day. The hardest part about the job is seeing customers upset. When the store isn't carrying their specific size or it's just so busy, I can't sit there and help them for how long they want me to. The most enjoyable parts about this job is working around cute clothing items and referring to some of the customers and they actually buy it, or just whenever a customer wants me to model an item for them is just super fun.
Chill and relaxed environment, slightley shrouded in drama and unprofessionalism
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 17, 2013
Pros: great environment, fun people, very flexible hours
Cons: fairly low employee discount, flawed sales system, low hours unless youre doing everything in the store.
Tillys is an AMAZING company to work for, relaxed, chill environment, lots of great people. BUT it is full of underage people which, no offense, leads to more inter store drama. Also ive seen first hand, lots of unprofessionalism from management and they tend to talk down to you like you know nothing, as opposed to constructive criticism. Ultimately if you can shrug off the somewhat average management its a great job.
FUN! YOUTHFUL! TRENDY!
Assistant Manager / Director of Visual/Training (Current Employee), woodbridge, njOctober 24, 2013
Tillys is a very upbeat company that focusing solely on the customer and their experience. We are expected to sell the brand by looking the part.Your attitude and appearance mold your success level. I loved my position at Tillys, i was able to visually strive while still maintaining the sales floor and boosting our KPI's. I do wish their was more focus on employee growth and development, ive been with Tillys for an expanded time period and have witnessed a favoritism in outside hires rather inside promotions
Fast Pace and Fun Enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: 10 minute breaks, discounts
Cons: not enough hours
Usually worked 4-5 hours 2 days a week
got the job through school (R.O.P) for work experience
My manager was very nice and easy to work and get along with, as well with my co-workers. The hardest part was shoe runs, The most enjoyable part was working on the floor or fitting room.
Exciting, Professional but friendly enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, FLJuly 22, 2013
Every day was exciting. Constantly learned how to think out side the box to achieve goals and to motivate staff members. Management was very professional and fair. The hardest part was making sure not to push yourself too hard. The most enjoyable was having the right support to succeed on a daily basis and working as a team.
Good for first corporate job
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 25, 2013
Pros: great opportunity for advancement
I worked in a very fast paced environment and promoted rather quickly. I was also included in decisions made with management, including new hires. I would say overall it is a good place to gain some retail experience

Tillys Photos