Tillys Employee Reviews

such a fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTAugust 17, 2017
good job to have during high school. i loved my co workers and managers and it was such a fun environment. do not work here if you are not social. minimum wage pay
awesome
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 16, 2017
i dont even know what im typing this for this is a waste of my time and i dont like this part of the application it should be removed remove this from the process
decent entry job to retail but not worth you time in the end
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 16, 2017
unorganized management
high turn overrate because of minimum training
no room to advance in company
low pay and terrible pay raises

It is a cool afterschool job for teenagers but thats all
It can be a fun place to work, but very hard to move up.
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 14, 2017
If you enjoy talking to people and upsetting most of the time it can be a fun job. Very hard to move up and not the best of benefits. You do get to try on new clothes, which is cool.
Pros
causal outfits, discounts, new product
Cons
benefits, hard to move up
Cool Summer Job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 12, 2017
It was a summer job, and i was new so i didn't get scheduled that much but overall it was a fun environment. The area of this location was really nice and the people who came in where nice as well so it made it worth while.
Fun place overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 9, 2017
When I went for my interview, I had a lot of fun (something that doesn't happen usually at job interviews). The store had a great atmosphere. I wish transportation wasn't an issue.I loved it there.
Loved working here
Sales (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 8, 2017
It was such a great place to work, I love fashion so it was easy to continue to connect with customers and give them the attention they deserved. Great people to work with!
Management was awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2017
The store manager would start drama with the sales associates and spread rumors about them. low pay and low discount. Hours were okay, "Flirt to Convert" is what we were told.
Cons
20% discount
it feels like nothing but another day in regular life
Sales (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 3, 2017
great management and great people, it doesn't even feel like work, you walk in and your greeted with smiles, if you can connect with people easily and you like to have casual conversation its the job for you.
Slow and repetitive
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 2, 2017
I liked working here but it had a cold and somewhat unfriendly atmosphere. They weren't as flexible and considerate of time off but the mangers were good and it was a good first job.
Productive, fun atmosphere, fun coworkers
Assistant Store Manager/Hiring Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 2, 2017
The job, itself, was productive, fun, and pretty simple, for the most part. The issue I have is with the store manager, and how the store is ran. Seems to be very unorganized, one sided, and subjective. The rest of the team is great to work with, and the district manager is an amazing woman!
Pros
good environment, fun staff, great district manager
Cons
management, inconsistent shift times
Great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAAugust 2, 2017
Its normally not busy until after 3p.m. The kids would come in and look and around with their friends. A lot of families would go back-to-school shopping their as it got closer to school starting again.
lousy place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Severn, MDJuly 30, 2017
Terrible customers who would come in for the sole purpose of unfolding all the clothes you just spent 3 hours slaving away at. pay sucked and when i got my 6 month "raise" for as good as my sales numbers were, it was a whole 10 cents an hour. Absolutely ludicrous.
Disorganized Company
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 30, 2017
The only thing that was great about this company was my person Store manger, and the 2 assistants. The upper management like my regional and district manager where horrific.
Productive and accepting workplace.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 28, 2017
I worked hard to maintain a friendly, yet proficient workplace. Willing to train new hires so that they can reach there full potential and have the availability for growth with the company. Hardest part about the job was maintaining scheduling according to employee's specific needs. The most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to connect with customers while making memorable experiences.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks
Cool job but low pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 25, 2017
Minimum wage and hours are based on commision. I would make the company $700 off of products in a 4 hour shift only to be payed just above $30. Cool if you have the time to work long shifts but if you are in college there's honestly no point lol.
not a lot of hours , but great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 21, 2017
Tillys is a very fun environment to work in , coworkers are very fun and outgoing , discounts are okay, can pick up shifts whenever it becomes available , black friday is the most fun day to work
good coworkers everyone was friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2017
For my first job it was intimidating but overall i enjoyed working there it just needed some time to get used to it. However the managers had poor communication and did not put me in the system while i was employed there which caused conflict.
Pros
30% off clothes
Cons
poor communication
Great First Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 20, 2017
This is a great first job in management for not only for a recently college student but for anyone. Schedule is all over the place but its retail so no surprise there. Great room for advancement but low pay. Again great for experience.
it was a fun enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2017
my coworkers were the best, hours werent the best but it was a great job and loved it. we would clock in and check the clipboard and have a manager wrap you up with the conversion and what goal you would have, the hardest part was trying not to annoy customers when you need to sell and meet your goal on a daily basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tillys. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9