Tillys Employee Reviews

Hit or Miss
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 26, 2016
Tilly's is a really cool company, with a really cool style, but is so hit and miss. For one, you will enjoy your work if you like your coworkers, but there are a lot of managers out there who are just no good. I have had fantastic, super down to Earth managers, and some that were just out to get me. Most of the time, everyone there was really cool, but Tilly's has a huge turnover rate, so no one really sticks around for long. Hardest part is just the long hours of recovery (refolding), that sucks a lot, but the best park is partying with your coworkers when you're done. You don't get any downtime here.
Pros
Cool coworkers, occasional 40% employee discount, style
Cons
Ridiculous managers, poor retail structure
Overall an okay company with great employees
Retail Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 22, 2016
Typical day at work involves customer servicing, cashiering, sales driving, and workload. I learned selling techniques, how to customer service, and gained cash handling experience. Management at Tillys was great as well as majority of my coworkers. Hardest part is when we get 30+ boxes of shipment and having to finish it when shipment comes late. The most enjoyable part is helping customer find exactly what they need, as well as helping them save money while getting them what they wanted.
Pros
great experiences
Cons
no commission, poor employee benefits
Fun and hard working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 15, 2016
Working with the company for over two years has brought me many memories and so much joy. Working at Tilly's provided me the base training I needed to figure myself out along with my work ethic. My coworkers became my friends and the management team was always finding ways to improve the store, associates and the all around environment.
Pros
Location, environment, plenty of associates to cover shifts
Cons
On and off hours
Energetic place to work with constant changes to in store system.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work includes assisting customers, cashiering, recovering stores appearance and completing shipment. Tilly's does not offer training hours, so everything is learned during first few shifts. I learned how poor time management effects the store as a whole and that working together as a team is more than necessary in order to achieve goals and maintain a successful workplace.
Pros
20% discount, upbeat workplace, keeping up with trends
Cons
Lack of hours
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate - R.O.P (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 11, 2016
The work days were always exciting and fun. I learned how to properly stock shelves and how to multitask while working under pressure. The management was amazing, they were all incredibly helpful whenever i was confused and had questions. My co-workers were encouraging with all my ideas and they always had a positive attitude. I believe the hardest part of the job was inventory. We had to mark everything and do it a certain way; if it wasn't done correctly we'd have to start over. The most enjoyable part of the job was going on the floor and interacting with different people.
Pros
Fun enviorment
Cons
Short breaks
Overall experience was pleasent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 9, 2016
Tillys was my first job, I held this job for about three years. I spent most of my time at Tillys being a sales associate where i attended to the costumers, helped on the cash register, and did other things around the store. The last part of my time spent at Tillys I did visual merchandising where I set up the store every so often changing the appearance making it an attractive atmosphere for the costumers.
Workplace that reflects the lifestyle products being sold
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMay 27, 2016
This was the best first job. I have always followed/been a part of the music, art, and action sports cultures, but working at Tilly's has elevated that appreciation and connection so much higher than I could have anticipated. I remained at the same home store long enough to see a few different cycles of management and company policies come and go, and there was not anything particularly horrible that did not get resolved or was removed from the environment. 6 years later and I still go back to visit and shop!
Pros
Fast-paced (due to store volume) which means never a dull moment
Cons
Pay (low) and position advancement (may have had to do with home store/location)
Work environment depended on the manager's attitude.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 30, 2016
Each day was very competitive and unpredictable.depending on which manager I was working with. I picked up many traits such as learning how to comfortably start conversations with customers, how to use a cash register, and how to work under any condition. My coworkers were very competitive when it came down to sales but for the most part it was fun. For the most part the managers were lenient but some managers had their bad days. The hardest part about the job was trying to work with multiple customers at one time but it started to become easier once I started to get in a rhythm. The most enjoyable part of the job was during the summer and during holiday season because everybody was able to joke around and have fun while selling at the same time.
Great people, bad manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSSeptember 26, 2016
I had worked there for about a month when my manager decided to take on a new, higher paying job. When we got our new manager everyone dropped like flies because he was miserable to work with. We had a wonderful assistant manager, but the head manager was too much.
Pros
Assistant Manager, peers
Cons
Manager
Sales Associate/Shipment Director (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 8, 2016
The usual day Tilly's is pretty busy at certain hours and at other hours not . When coming into work , figure out your task and go straight into completing my task at the best of my ability and in a timely manner, also the same for the managers or co workers.
Pros
20% off clothes
Cons
No benefit
Visual Merchandiser
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2016
A typical day at work included maintaining window displays, interior point-of-sale displays and clothing racks/ displays. I loved this job because it gave me the ability to express my organizational and styling skills. The management went well due to the amount of disciplined workers in the store, some of which I went to school with at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely styling the mannequins and the store window. The hardest part of the job was probably leaving due to moving back to NYC! I love visual merchandising and wish to continue my experience in this field.
Pros
Fun & friendly enviroment, some co-workers were also classmates, great area
Effecient and Fun work Place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 11, 2016
Tillys is a job of repetition. It is a great environment to work in and every day you will meet new and great people. I have learned many skills when dealing with customers and training different associates/managers.

Most people to work with are extremely fun and enjoyable to work with.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job are the customers.
very fun place to work at
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2016
There was always something to do so you were never bored. I learned a lot about the retail business and fell in love with it. The managers were great and understanding. The hardest part about the job was completing tasks because there were so many but with time management, it can be done.
great company, for a first job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 11, 2016
fun young company, everyone are super nice and act like a family, great first job that gives you ton of experience and promotes you if you prove yourself and you deserve it. They give you a chance.
Pros
fun atmosphere, promotions
Cons
discount isn't the greatest, long holiday hours
fun work place with many oppurtunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2016
this was my first job at 17 years old, i loved working here in retail i got all of my fashion senses from all the weekly updates. i met lots of cool fun people while they would shop and i didnt even consider myslef at work because it was so fun and i was occupied all the time doing something that i loved
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
Fun work environment but with little pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 11, 2016
Working at Tilly's in the mall was a lot of fun however since it's a mall job, there's little money and hours were inconsistent. If the store was behind on its weekly goal, the sales associates hours would be cut. My most enjoyable times were holiday season selling Ugg boots and nikes like hotcakes. The job was commission based so the moral and drive was high.
Pros
Fun shifts, good people, commission
Cons
minimum wage, 0.05% commission rate, inconsistent hours
Amazing Fun Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 10, 2016
Working at Tilly's is a Great Job.
Ability to learn a lot of skills that can be applicable to many other jobs in the future.

Great Company gives opportunities to first time employees.

friendly staff and customers.
Pros
Discounts, Friendly enviroment
Cons
Part Time
Fun and productive place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 27, 2016
Working at tilly's was a cool and positive experience. very updated to date on the young culture with a wide selection of cloths highly demanded in today's youth. at this job i learn to deal and handle all types of customers and as well as to give the customer your undivided attention.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 16, 2016
I enjoyed connecting and helping customers find clothes they want. It was an amazing experience with how smooth the work day went. Being connected through walkie talkies was very helpful. My favorite part of the job was selling.
very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 22, 2016
learned how to work as a team and being able to sell everything and anything we or i can sell to make my store money.interacting with the customer is the key into knowing and what they wear how they dress and whats up to date.

2.9