Tillys Employee Reviews in United States

great company, for a first job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 11, 2016
fun young company, everyone are super nice and act like a family, great first job that gives you ton of experience and promotes you if you prove yourself and you deserve it. They give you a chance.
Pros
fun atmosphere, promotions
Cons
discount isn't the greatest, long holiday hours
Energetic place to work with constant changes to in store system.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work includes assisting customers, cashiering, recovering stores appearance and completing shipment. Tilly's does not offer training hours, so everything is learned during first few shifts. I learned how poor time management effects the store as a whole and that working together as a team is more than necessary in order to achieve goals and maintain a successful workplace.
Pros
20% discount, upbeat workplace, keeping up with trends
Cons
Lack of hours
grate place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 29, 2016
love my coworkers there and my mangers are awesome. im glad I got to work for that company. I have learned a lot from them there.
very fun place to work at
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2016
There was always something to do so you were never bored. I learned a lot about the retail business and fell in love with it. The managers were great and understanding. The hardest part about the job was completing tasks because there were so many but with time management, it can be done.
fun fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 17, 2016
fun to work there but not very professional took 3 months to pay me my very first check and took them a few weeks to pay me my last check.
Cons
not very professional
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate - R.O.P (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 11, 2016
The work days were always exciting and fun. I learned how to properly stock shelves and how to multitask while working under pressure. The management was amazing, they were all incredibly helpful whenever i was confused and had questions. My co-workers were encouraging with all my ideas and they always had a positive attitude. I believe the hardest part of the job was inventory. We had to mark everything and do it a certain way; if it wasn't done correctly we'd have to start over. The most enjoyable part of the job was going on the floor and interacting with different people.
Pros
Fun enviorment
Cons
Short breaks
Tilly's
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2016
I love going into work. It's a great team work enviorment, and everyone gets along. It's easy to succeed and very fun!
However, I only get 4 hour shifts, and the pay is very low.
Pros
Great working enviorment
Cons
low pay, short shifts.
Overall experience was pleasent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 9, 2016
Tillys was my first job, I held this job for about three years. I spent most of my time at Tillys being a sales associate where i attended to the costumers, helped on the cash register, and did other things around the store. The last part of my time spent at Tillys I did visual merchandising where I set up the store every so often changing the appearance making it an attractive atmosphere for the costumers.
Not an enjoyable workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 7, 2016
The managers at Tilly's were very rude and not very welcoming. There was no room for promotion and there was never any praise or encouragement.
Pros
Built customer service skills
Cons
Horrible management and no room for growth in the company
my job summary on tillys
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2016
very unorganized, could not maintain a store manager and way too many quitting and getting hired constantly. co-workers were very nice and hard working. loved getting to know customers and helping them find what they come in looking for.
Fun workplace with lots to know
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 7, 2016
The co-workers were all very helpful and had great attitudes about work. I enjoyed the atmosphere of this workplace quite a lot.
Enjoyable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 7, 2016
This is a great job for kids in high school. The environment is very welcoming but still teaches you everything you should know for your first job. The staff is amazing and everyone works together no matter what.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 6, 2016
customer sales, cleaning the store, straightening racks, greeting customers, answering questions about merchandise, clearing out dressing rooms, folding clothes, creating displays
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
Very fun and upbeat place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 31, 2016
While working for this company, I leaned that communication is key as well as having fun at your job should not be hard to do.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 31, 2016
The environment is light and exciting, I love the energy from all my coworkers. The vibe is very positive and we all strive for our goals each day.
Work environment depended on the manager's attitude.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 30, 2016
Each day was very competitive and unpredictable.depending on which manager I was working with. I picked up many traits such as learning how to comfortably start conversations with customers, how to use a cash register, and how to work under any condition. My coworkers were very competitive when it came down to sales but for the most part it was fun. For the most part the managers were lenient but some managers had their bad days. The hardest part about the job was trying to work with multiple customers at one time but it started to become easier once I started to get in a rhythm. The most enjoyable part of the job was during the summer and during holiday season because everybody was able to joke around and have fun while selling at the same time.
Workplace that reflects the lifestyle products being sold
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMay 27, 2016
This was the best first job. I have always followed/been a part of the music, art, and action sports cultures, but working at Tilly's has elevated that appreciation and connection so much higher than I could have anticipated. I remained at the same home store long enough to see a few different cycles of management and company policies come and go, and there was not anything particularly horrible that did not get resolved or was removed from the environment. 6 years later and I still go back to visit and shop!
Pros
Fast-paced (due to store volume) which means never a dull moment
Cons
Pay (low) and position advancement (may have had to do with home store/location)
Fun and productive place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 27, 2016
Working at tilly's was a cool and positive experience. very updated to date on the young culture with a wide selection of cloths highly demanded in today's youth. at this job i learn to deal and handle all types of customers and as well as to give the customer your undivided attention.
fun work place with many oppurtunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2016
this was my first job at 17 years old, i loved working here in retail i got all of my fashion senses from all the weekly updates. i met lots of cool fun people while they would shop and i didnt even consider myslef at work because it was so fun and i was occupied all the time doing something that i loved
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
Effecient and Fun work Place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 11, 2016
Tillys is a job of repetition. It is a great environment to work in and every day you will meet new and great people. I have learned many skills when dealing with customers and training different associates/managers.

Most people to work with are extremely fun and enjoyable to work with.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job are the customers.

2.9