Tillys Employee Reviews

Great team mebers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 27, 2017
Fun environment, hard working team members, organized tasks for everyone throughout the day. The hardest part was little instruction on new tasks. The most enjoyable part of this job was the uplifting atmosphere. Management was on top of it and helpful.
Pros
Discount, enjoyable people.
Cons
Little instruction
Team based environment with a good company culture.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 24, 2017
Tilly's is an action sports clothing company, selling a variety of clothing options for the younger populations. Very team oriented, communication was stressed heavily out on the sales floor.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
slow at times
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 23, 2017
The hardest part about the job is breaking out of your shyness if you are very shy around others. If its just a season thing that you are applying for don't do it what so ever,
It's a nice place to work, people are nice.
Project Manager/Sr. Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 23, 2017
It's a nice place to work, people are nice. Work culture is professional. Although our job requires us to support the business even on weekends and holidays, management is taking measures to minimize the stress on our part.
Very team oriented work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CAMay 22, 2017
typical day at work consisted of helping customers and ensuring that they had a great check out experience in our store. Workplace was an extremely positive place; everyone worked together and enjoyed their time working together as well as uplifted one another. It was a great learning experience to enhance my customer service skills.
competitive, good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 21, 2017
It was a good learning experience. Management didn't really treat it's employees with integrity, but it was a fun working environment. Closing was the worst.
Pros
long breaks, earning commission
Cons
no hours, management
Bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMay 21, 2017
Management is always causing problems and cannot usually get their facts straight or jobs in order. Loved the work environment with the people but not the company itself
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Managment
fun all the time
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILMay 20, 2017
Love Love! Tillys by far is the best company i have ever worked for store managers assistant manager and even district managers are all the best! Tillys treats everyone like family once in the company and there is a lot of recognition for hard work! You will never feel under appreciated!!
Pros
advancement opportunities, great culture, exciting work environment, motivation, opportunity to better skill sets and very good coaching leaders
Cons
small pay budget, benefits are not all that great
underappreciated as a visual merchandiser
In-Store Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  CAMay 18, 2017
The visual merchandising aspect of it was cool. Got to be super creative and just do visuals all day. Don't ever get help or support from managers when I had a long list of things to do. Never got a thank you or great job! The pay was a joke.
Nice place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMay 18, 2017
I loved every second of working at tillys but I moved on to a job at the crayola factory. the hardest part of the job was closing because it was extremely annoying

Want to know more about Tillys?

Ask a question
good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAMay 18, 2017
When you are part-time you dont get any hours at all. Management does not treat employees with respect and integrity. This is a perfect job for someone who needs a first job but it is not a job that encourages you to grow in the company.
Pros
good first job
Cons
management, no hours
loved it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 18, 2017
i loved my time at tilly's. loved my managers and i got promoted easily. just work and don't use your time to socialize and you're a pro! it's retail, but its easy to make it fun.
Very good first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2017
Very good first job but after awhile gets very boring and repetitive, you always have stuff to do such as customers or folding clothes or putting them away.
Pros
Work expierance
Cons
No paid lunch, strict management, poor hours
Amazing Environment with great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 17, 2017
Loved working for tillys they worked with my school schedule and my second job! Very good with giving me the days I requested off . Management team made the work environment fun and productive and always pushed us to be the best . Learned a lot from this company when it comes down to customer service ! Management team was very understanding to hardships in our personal life although they didn't have to be. I miss my tillys family !
Pros
Work with your schedule
started as a great enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 16, 2017
Ended as a horrible environment to work in. The management team were mostly pessimistic and always expected for you to do their dirty work for them while they would be on their phones on in the back room for hours neglecting the sales associates and customers on the sales floor.
Its great job in season
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 15, 2017
I did not have a pleasureable experience with my management after unfair hour cuts and forcing me to quit school led to my resignation. pretty laid back atmosphere and great characters.Definitely a great first job.
Fun, but management wasnt the best
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIMay 14, 2017
Had a good time there until and new manager came in and really started to interrupt the flow of the store. Pay isnt that great. Plays the best music in store.
Productive but also fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 13, 2017
I have worked there for almost 2 years and i like the job. It has a great environment and is very genuine. But we also do our job and make jokes and talk all the time.
Fun place to work at
In-store Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAMay 12, 2017
Working at Tillys is the best place to build yourself as a well trained employee for customer service. Also for managers to grow as a good leader and be a team player.
Pros
Fun team
Cons
Cant be creative as much for visuals
Great first Job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAMay 11, 2017
Company is based out of Orange County, CA. Great culture to be in during early adulthood. Standards are high, but manageable. Great first job for anyone.