Tillys Employee Reviews

it was a fun enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2017
my coworkers were the best, hours werent the best but it was a great job and loved it. we would clock in and check the clipboard and have a manager wrap you up with the conversion and what goal you would have, the hardest part was trying not to annoy customers when you need to sell and meet your goal on a daily basis
productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 20, 2017
a simple sales associate job overseen by responsible managers. There are different tasks such as helping customers as well as participating in store updates.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
limited work hours
Easy job, fun especially if you're a people person
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 14, 2017
Management wasn't great but I didn't mind. Fun people and it's a great job if you're outgoing and talkative, which will definitely help you improve your sales and prove yourself
Fun place to work
Cashier/ Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 13, 2017
A great place for a first job. I learned great communication and sales skills at this job. It is a laid-back fun first job to have. The worst part was folding!
Pros
Laid-back and relaxed environment
Cons
folding everything!
This was my favorite workplace.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJuly 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Tally's. It was a fun positive environment. We would just talk and organize the store. eventually I moved up to a decorative coordinator. All around the job was great!
Terrible management
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 11, 2017
just a very bad job overall, although manager hannah is gona the workplace is filthy and way too much for employees getting paid minimum wage and not getting a substantial amount of hours.
High energy , customer driven
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2017
There is opportunity for growth, management pushes for customer interaction to boost sales. Focused on sales conversions. My typical days included merchandising the store, opening new product, transferring out excess product, and updating the floor to maximize sales and customer experience.
Pros
My schedule
Cons
Commute
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2017
They over hire meaning you get to work once or twice a week. Sometimes they don't make enough money so they cut your hours for that week meaning you don't work that week. Only managers get full time, everybody else gets 5 hour shifts and no break.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No break, no hours, little chance of advancement
Fast paced work environment, great entry level job.
Visual Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2017
Upon first being hired, it was a great job. Selling training is great, along with training on merchandising and putting away stock. I had to correct management about my 1st pay raise after they tried to keep my raise the same. After working there for a year and a half and getting complements my the regional manger, I had to go around my store managers head for a promotion.
They never gave me a 2nd year raise. With promising to bring change to the work place by training me in management never happened, I talked to my store manager again and nothing moved forward on that front. Then talking about my 3rd year raise they decided that it was best for me to no longer be with the company.
Pros
Fast paced, good people
Cons
Not caring for personal health, no short breaks, Fast employee turn around.
Produ
Sales Associate,cashier (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 10, 2017
Some of the management are very focused on the job at hand. Others were trying to move the company forward with major resistance from long term employees, Overall a decent place to work
Pros
company functions were great
Cons
Many insecure people afraid of losing there jobs
Low pay and horrible shifts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calexico, CAJuly 7, 2017
The pay is super low also everyday the schedule changes and there were weeks that i just went 9 hrs regardless I had the best sale rate. Also there were a lot of preferences on store. And also you have to be very skinny to fit on lots of parts of the store. Other than that prices are high so the discount its not that good and the customer service is awful.
Pros
Easy job. Good first job
Cons
Short breaks low pay bad cx service
Great environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 6, 2017
Just had terrible managers. Loved the vibe of the stores. I think that Tilly's would be a great place to work if the pay was raised or commission involved.
Too focused on the visuals of the store not enought customer service
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 5, 2017
the managment team could use some work, there is no job security especially for regular sales associates they have no compassion for there emloyees there is no work life balance
must know how to handle high stess situations
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 3, 2017
Lost's of high volume stress comes from working at Tilly's. Have to be a quick learner, detailed oriented, able to multitask, and handle overwhelming stess.
the team makes it great
Visuals Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2017
I had an amazing team so I had a god time working there
management was strict but fun
really laid back kind of vibe
great place to approach customers
learned how working a clothing store is very different from simple sales
F-D up system
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 2, 2017
The discount is BS. 20% at Tillys is nothing because everything is super expensive. do NOT work at store 140. The managers are awful. You don't work for commission. Pay is wack.
Cons
bi-weekly pay
Not fun or enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILJune 26, 2017
This looks like a fun place to work but when it comes down to working there, it's nothing that they promise. This has been the least unenjoyable job and least paying job I've had.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, bad management
somewhat enjoyable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2017
The managers at this job showed favoritism towards the employees and it made working there a bad experience. They did a good job when it came to customer service but they did not treat their employees equally.
Very fast paced/energetic company
District Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 24, 2017
This was my most favorite job in my fashion career to date. Great people selling a great brand and products. They treat their employees fairly and make sure you are taken care of. I was a District Visual under Julie and we opened about 15 stores in the time i worked for the company. Very labor intensive, but well worth the pay off in the end. Very rewarding job,
Great atmosphere, friendly coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Tillys. Work was standard: cashiering, recovery, engaging with customers, and working in fitting rooms. I learned a greater sense of responsibility and how to work on a team. Management was fantastic. I ran into a few issues but noting too big and nothing that hindered my outlook on the company. Hardest part of the job was putting personal problems with people at work aside and just working on the job. The most enjoyable part was definitely the family atmosphere with my coworkers. I got very close to people there and developed great friendships. It is a great first job!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Constantly on your feet