Tillys Employee Reviews

very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 22, 2016
learned how to work as a team and being able to sell everything and anything we or i can sell to make my store money.interacting with the customer is the key into knowing and what they wear how they dress and whats up to date.
Productive fun and laid back
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 9, 2016
Tilly's has been awesome. The workers are awesome cause they just all care for one another and are all just ended all being good friends.
good seasonal job
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 9, 2016
the hours were very long especially working in the mall of America during holidays. all in all the employees were very friendly and it was a great work environment.
Sales Associate/Shipment Director (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 8, 2016
The usual day Tilly's is pretty busy at certain hours and at other hours not . When coming into work , figure out your task and go straight into completing my task at the best of my ability and in a timely manner, also the same for the managers or co workers.
Pros
20% off clothes
Cons
No benefit
Hit or Miss
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 26, 2016
Tilly's is a really cool company, with a really cool style, but is so hit and miss. For one, you will enjoy your work if you like your coworkers, but there are a lot of managers out there who are just no good. I have had fantastic, super down to Earth managers, and some that were just out to get me. Most of the time, everyone there was really cool, but Tilly's has a huge turnover rate, so no one really sticks around for long. Hardest part is just the long hours of recovery (refolding), that sucks a lot, but the best park is partying with your coworkers when you're done. You don't get any downtime here.
Pros
Cool coworkers, occasional 40% employee discount, style
Cons
Ridiculous managers, poor retail structure
Overall an okay company with great employees
Retail Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 22, 2016
Typical day at work involves customer servicing, cashiering, sales driving, and workload. I learned selling techniques, how to customer service, and gained cash handling experience. Management at Tillys was great as well as majority of my coworkers. Hardest part is when we get 30+ boxes of shipment and having to finish it when shipment comes late. The most enjoyable part is helping customer find exactly what they need, as well as helping them save money while getting them what they wanted.
Pros
great experiences
Cons
no commission, poor employee benefits
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 16, 2016
I enjoyed connecting and helping customers find clothes they want. It was an amazing experience with how smooth the work day went. Being connected through walkie talkies was very helpful. My favorite part of the job was selling.
Fun and hard working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 15, 2016
Working with the company for over two years has brought me many memories and so much joy. Working at Tilly's provided me the base training I needed to figure myself out along with my work ethic. My coworkers became my friends and the management team was always finding ways to improve the store, associates and the all around environment.
Pros
Location, environment, plenty of associates to cover shifts
Cons
On and off hours
Amazing Fun Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 10, 2016
Working at Tilly's is a Great Job.
Ability to learn a lot of skills that can be applicable to many other jobs in the future.

Great Company gives opportunities to first time employees.

friendly staff and customers.
Pros
Discounts, Friendly enviroment
Cons
Part Time
Tilly's
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 9, 2016
The houring was bad..I would work three days out of the week and only around 4 hours a each work day and sometimes I'd be cut short or cut for a work day.
great company, for a first job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 11, 2016
fun young company, everyone are super nice and act like a family, great first job that gives you ton of experience and promotes you if you prove yourself and you deserve it. They give you a chance.
Pros
fun atmosphere, promotions
Cons
discount isn't the greatest, long holiday hours
Energetic place to work with constant changes to in store system.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work includes assisting customers, cashiering, recovering stores appearance and completing shipment. Tilly's does not offer training hours, so everything is learned during first few shifts. I learned how poor time management effects the store as a whole and that working together as a team is more than necessary in order to achieve goals and maintain a successful workplace.
Pros
20% discount, upbeat workplace, keeping up with trends
Cons
Lack of hours
grate place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 29, 2016
love my coworkers there and my mangers are awesome. im glad I got to work for that company. I have learned a lot from them there.
very fun place to work at
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2016
There was always something to do so you were never bored. I learned a lot about the retail business and fell in love with it. The managers were great and understanding. The hardest part about the job was completing tasks because there were so many but with time management, it can be done.
fun fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 17, 2016
fun to work there but not very professional took 3 months to pay me my very first check and took them a few weeks to pay me my last check.
Cons
not very professional
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate - R.O.P (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 11, 2016
The work days were always exciting and fun. I learned how to properly stock shelves and how to multitask while working under pressure. The management was amazing, they were all incredibly helpful whenever i was confused and had questions. My co-workers were encouraging with all my ideas and they always had a positive attitude. I believe the hardest part of the job was inventory. We had to mark everything and do it a certain way; if it wasn't done correctly we'd have to start over. The most enjoyable part of the job was going on the floor and interacting with different people.
Pros
Fun enviorment
Cons
Short breaks
Tilly's
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2016
I love going into work. It's a great team work enviorment, and everyone gets along. It's easy to succeed and very fun!
However, I only get 4 hour shifts, and the pay is very low.
Pros
Great working enviorment
Cons
low pay, short shifts.
Overall experience was pleasent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 9, 2016
Tillys was my first job, I held this job for about three years. I spent most of my time at Tillys being a sales associate where i attended to the costumers, helped on the cash register, and did other things around the store. The last part of my time spent at Tillys I did visual merchandising where I set up the store every so often changing the appearance making it an attractive atmosphere for the costumers.
Not an enjoyable workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 7, 2016
The managers at Tilly's were very rude and not very welcoming. There was no room for promotion and there was never any praise or encouragement.
Pros
Built customer service skills
Cons
Horrible management and no room for growth in the company
my job summary on tillys
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2016
very unorganized, could not maintain a store manager and way too many quitting and getting hired constantly. co-workers were very nice and hard working. loved getting to know customers and helping them find what they come in looking for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tillys. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9