Tillys

Tillys Employee Reviews

Fun workplace for younger people
Store manager (Former Employee), La Jolla, CaJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Laid back atmosphere, flexible scheduling
Cons: Short lunch breaks, lots of busy work, standing all day
This is a fun laid back work place and great for a first job.

I learned a lot about retail and management and inventory control. As well as customer service.

When I was a sales employee the management – more... was subpar. Not very motivational and lacked in delegating task and time management was not great.

When I was promoted to management and moved to a different location the management team I worked with was much better. Much better at motivating employees and striving to get employee to preform at a optimal level. Management at my new location was much better at task delegation and time management.

My coworkers were fun young people. I got along with almost everyone. When u accepted the management position relationships with coworkers changed. I was more focused on finding people that will help my store be successful as opposed to people I could be friends with.

Hardest part of the job was inventory management. We would get 20-30 boxes of merchandise every week and need to find a place to put it then remove and send back other merchandise that was not selling.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I built. I am still friends with some of my former coworkers to this day. – less
Cool people and awesome clothes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mission Valley, CAJune 23, 2015
I had fun working here. It was a great high school job. the flexibility on hours were good and the people I met were amazing.
Fast paced and fun enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 5, 2015
-Typical day included a lot of customer interaction and assisting customers on what they want to purchase
-I learned a lot about how to treat/interact with customers
-Co-Workers were amazing! loved being around them.
Great positive company to work for
In-Store Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJune 2, 2015
I set up all displays and make sure everything is to standards. I train new associates and managers about current trends and new merchandising standards.
Fast working environment that provided a lot of team work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Commerce, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: The work environment and the coworkers
Cons: Short breaks
A typical day at Tilly's was finding out what a customer wanted and helping them out.
I learned how to mostly to stock items, display merchandise and how to greet customers.
I had three managers they – more... were really organized and outgoing especially on the floor.
The co-workers had their own personalities, as well very helpful and sociable.
There really was no hard part of the job it was just trying to adjust to a new work place, but it was easy to follow through.
Most enjoyable part was getting to meet new people from different areas of the world and getting to know what they liked. – less
tillys
Sales Assistent (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMay 9, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: none
good work environment and the management was great the respect there employees, I went in for a nice shift and interacted with the customers for a comfortable sales experience
Productive and fun work envirnment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glendora, CAMay 1, 2015
I loved working at Tillys. It was such a fun environment. I became close with so many of my co-workers. It taught me a lot as my first job.
it was horrible
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: hours
the way management was setup didnt make it any better they were younger than me and didnt know how to run a store if it was for the people that were comming to the store it would have got shut down
tillys review
Barista (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: making new friends, getting paid, learning how to fold clothes
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work consisted of stocking clothes , helping customers and folding clothes . I learned how to fold clothes properly and how to match peoples outifts with what they purchase . The management – more... was very nice and helped me a lot when I first started working and so were my coworkers . The hardest part of the job was stocking product in high places due to the fact that I am a bit over weight and had to stand on a latter that wasn't ment to hold heavier people . The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make new friends . – less
can be super fun productive and competitive, with management that is not lazy.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), West Covina, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: 20% discount and holiday gift cards
Cons: sm can be indeed lazy and not all stores reciev same attention
fast paced
steep learning curve
expected pay
balanced job
regional manager quick to judge so be aware
if you are not lazy this is a job for you to set yourself apart
fun place to work for college and high school students
Sales Associate (Former Employee), JacksonvilleFebruary 9, 2015
stress free work environment, great coworkers and managers and I learned a lot about the different brands that they sell but the hardest part was making sure your sales were up each day you worked.
Laidback surf culture with lots of product
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MiJanuary 24, 2015
- I loved created originally P.O.P displays.
- I liked my coworkers and all the donuts we would buy for each other
- I liked working with mens streetwear labels.
great fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: does not promoye with in the ompany
-customer service
-cleaning
-visual work
-loss prevention
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDDecember 30, 2014
Pros: clothes discount!
Cons: bad management
Great place to work with helping with sales and communicating with customers but management needs to be handle alo differently than how they are today.
My experience
Sales associate / visuals (Current Employee), Clackamas, ORDecember 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: hours
I have been working in retail for a while now and I just finished dental assisting school and i want a career with the same set schedule. I love retail but i love dentistry more. I have learned a lot working for tillys, I became an independent hard working women because of tillys.
Fast Pace Customer Servicing
Sales Asscociate and Tasker (Current Employee), San BerardinoDecember 11, 2014
Pros: friendly associates
Cons: no breaks, not flexible, poor management
It is a routine job. It is customer service oriented, which helps people skills and communication skills. The management is very contradicting and hardly ever agree, causing a sometimes hostile work environment. – more... The sales associates are very fun and make working at Tillys enjoyable and creates good vibes.
The hardest part of the job is working at a very fast pace and being able to multitask easily. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with those co-workers whom give positive energy throughout the store. – less
The hard work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), AZNovember 3, 2014
Pros: made new friends
Cons: disrespect
I worked hard didn't mess around took my job serious and I made lots and lots and lots of sales.
Friendly
SALES ASSOCIATE/Shipment (Former Employee), Broomfield, COOctober 8, 2014
Pros: working at the mall, discounts, music
Cons: hours
a typical day at work depended on where the managers wanted you. I was either cashier or greeter. I've learned to sell but not be pushy. Every customer is different. I've also learned most of my selling – more... abilities here. Always try and up sell. Management was good. They were so nice and understanding. Co workers were fun to work with,got to see everyone's different styles. Hardest part of the job was those customers who say "just looking". Those are what i call independent customers. They either know what they want,are trying to pass up time or just don't want to be bothered. The most enjoyable was meeting new people. – less
It was a busy workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCSeptember 4, 2014
I liked working at Tillys , I enjoyed meeting new people. The company was a nice place and the people in their was nice and welcoming .
Great place to begin work and get trained
Sales associate (Current Employee), Commerce, CAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: unstable hours
Tillys is a great place for a first job. It was my first job and they taught me a lot about customer service and how retail works. I learned how to use a cash register and maneuver the Tillys software.

1 2 3

$47,100 per year
Sales Lead
$8.50 per hour

Tillys Photos

Literally,Black Friday,Mall lost power during shopping,all employees went to the front,camp Tillys