Tillys Employee Reviews

Sales Associate, Workload, Visuals
Sales Associate, Workload Team (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CASeptember 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for the Tillys company. In my first year, I started as a sales associate. In the second year, I was apart of the sales, workload, and visuals team. On a typical day, I would communicate with guests, upsell if needed, check in all inventory, and makes sure everything was up to date on the sales floor. I learned different styles, and organization of the sales floors. I enjoyed my management as they were fair to all the associates with hours and strengths. I also enjoyed the work environment because every person had jobs to do so there was no laziness and always something to do and finish. The hardest part of this job was meeting inventory requirements on time. I most enjoyed creating a connection with guests as well as meeting all workload deadlines.
Pros
more hours based off performance
Cons
small breaks
Okay
Sales (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 20, 2017
Very competitive, fast paced environment with a high expectation of selling to customers. Friendly environment and constantly working with team members to make store successful.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2017
I really enjoyed the coworkers and my Tilly's family that I had at my location. It was a fun place to work and a great place to learn and grow. I was there for a total of 6 years, and during that time I went from Sales Associate to Lead to Assistant Manager.
They value internalized growth for the most part.
it's ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 18, 2017
The salary is 7.25. Hours are different per week, depending on store productivity and your performance rank. Good job for experience, if you are looking for your first job.
Pros
promotions
Cons
20% employee discount
great starting job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 17, 2017
Great starting job, for young employees, and for people trying to move into management for the first time. A lot of hands on, how retail is ran inside and out.
Great balanced place to have a first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2017
The staff that I worked with was amazing. We were always pushing to reach our goal for the day and we worked as a team. People who stood out were able to receive employee of the month.
New company still learning
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYSeptember 12, 2017
New company with little ideas
Laying off District Visual Managers
Low volume stores
Not much to do but fold and clean
Lack of leadership from above management
Pros
Merchandise
Cons
Volume
Cool place to work, but low salary.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 12, 2017
Not keen on giving raiders with many minimum wage workers and not to likely to, or takes a long time to get a promotion of any sort. However, very cool co-workers and excellent managers who study on top of everything.
Fun work environment, fun co-workers
Santa Maria - Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 12, 2017
Tilly's was fun to work at because I love retail, but the trendy "so-cal" vibe was also pleasant to be around. The co-workers were fun and edgy but the management was poor.
Pros
25% off purchase
Cons
short hours
Fast paced retail clothing store with a fun ambiance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 11, 2017
Tillys by far has probably been my favorite company to work for especially since the dress code goes along with the clothing I have in my closet and don't have to go buy a whole other wardrobe. Plus, the discount is pretty nice. Tillys is fast paced depending on the flow of customers coming in, but can also be very slow and have a lot of downtime.
Pros
discounts, working with people your age
Cons
black friday

Want to know more about Tillys?

Ask a question
Poor Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLSeptember 8, 2017
The upper management staff was not fit to run a large staff, and would frequently blow up at others when things did not go their way. Turnover was insane, pay was too low for what they expected of staff.
Fast paced job
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 6, 2017
A good starter job but that's about it good job if you're going to school as well. Terrible job for the long run expectations are too high and when done perfect you get no recognition, not worth the pay and stress that comes along with it. The discount is only 20% basically covers only the taxes
Pros
You get to meet fun ppl
Cons
No benefits, too much work for the pay
Low Pay, Very Controlling
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 6, 2017
Manager decided if I was working overtime, not me. Didn't me when I was working. Would come in and learn that I was taken off the schedule for that day. Very passive aggressive manager
Cons
short breaks, controlling manager
Fun Environment, but low pay
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2017
I enjoyed my time at tillys and created many memories, but ultimately due to a lack of career advancement and minimal pay despite being with company for the company for a year and a half
Pros
Good work environment, unique culture
Cons
Low pay, minimal hours
balanced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 30, 2017
it was okay, good for a starter job especially high school students. Not much to offer to be honest. lunch breaks were too short and got paid too low for the exessive work you put in.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calexico, CAAugust 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working in this company. Tillys is a great place for andvancement. If you are looking for a competitive place of work Tillys's is the best.
productive retialer
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 29, 2017
tillys has been one of the better companies ive ever worked for its all about structure and they are about there people. i never intended on leaving but due to living costs ans having a family i obviously need more.
Great flexibility & experience
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 28, 2017
Being a lead, I assisted with a lot of the training and development piece for the sales associates. I was also going to school and interning full-time so they were very flexible and were for pursuing higher education. I really enjoyed Tillys way of customer service! Being in the customer service industry for over 4-years, Tillys pushes for making a connection with the customers, and getting to know the customer to ensure a memorable and continued experience with Tillys. Overall, I'd recommend this job for those interested in Fashion, Flexibility, and room for advancement.
Pros
Discounts, Rewards, Team, Flexibility
Cons
Health Care for PT, Minors, Flexing of shifts
Awesome, productive workplace!
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 25, 2017
Loved every single one of my coworkers, management was awesome and worked closely with associates to ensure their needs were met wherever possible. Flexible scheduling, decent pay.
good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAAugust 25, 2017
good environment but always busy, managers were nice and discounts were great. i enjoyed working with clothing in retail and enjoyed interacting with customers constantly.