Tilson, headquartered in Portland, ME, is an 82 employee, high growth (#901 on the inc. 5000) team of telecommunications and information technology professionals with a world-wide practice.
Tilson provides services to industry and government in:
- Information technology, including software development, project management, and information security
- Fiber optic engineering, licensing, and construction management
- Wireless design, site acquisition, construction, small cell, and DAS for mobile carriers, public safety, and smart grid applications
The Network Services Manager is a leader responsible for leading and growing a 15+ employee team that provides the following customer-facing services to power utility and telecom clients;
- Wireless network planning, design and RF engineering with a focus on advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) and recloser automation
- Smart grid and cellular telecom system maintenance and operation
- Cellular base station installation
The ideal candidate will have previous leadership experience with service delivery teams in the telecommunications or utility sector, with a focus on building and leading teams of high-performing professionals in various geographies. Strong written and verbal communication skills desired. This position reports to the Vice President, Telecom.
- Team leadership of 15 people, including developing and coaching three team leaders, and in turn, helping those team leaders do the same with their teams
- Works collaboratively with adjacent managers in telecom site acquisition, tower climbing, and fiber optic engineering to ensure customers get access to a broad range of resources
- Work with customers in large accounts on shaping up large capital projects
- Provide responsive, supportive, and friendly account management to customers
- Scope jobs and prepare proposals
- Support company business processes on team time and expense reporting as well as manage job costs for work in processes
Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Three weeks/year paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building and transforming the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to be creative, innovate, and deliver. Our vision is for Tilson to be a world leader in developing information and communications technology projects by building a team of phenomenal people working together on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients serving the public good. Our team environment will be a place where intellectually curious, motivated, and talented people can work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We will strive to listen to our clients, integrate with them as a team, and internalize their goals.
We run our business sustainably, for its financial health, people and the public good.
We believe in:
- Integrity - in our financials, contracting, marketing, customer service, and compliance
- Quality - being committed to doing good work
- Sharing our success across the company
- Respect - for our employees, clients, and partners
- Awareness and concern for our employee’s personal success
- Transparency - in our internal reporting, customer service, and HR practices
- Having fun
We're committed to offering our employees opportunities to work on challenging projects and to grow professionally.
Not all applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Principals only. Recruiters should not contact Tilson.
Indeed - 4 months ago