TILTED KILT PUB & EATERY Employee Reviews

Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
A typical day would start off reviewing the P&L from day before sales goals labor goals, reading notes from mangers. following up on weekly goals developing managers. following up with labor guidelines and minimum wage executions. making sure all orders were in, pars of orders were correct. Following up on needs of the restaurant, R&M, Equipment, health and safety guidelines of NY. following up with employee (team members) needs. Writing developing plans for managers, shift leaders.
I met good friends at TK but the managment team needed better communication skills
entertainer/waitress (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2017
the company as a whole needed a facelift. The management at this specific location, had bad communication skills and no respect for our lives outside of work. I met a lot of good friends while working there but wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
met nice co-workers
Cons
pay, bad managment
Amazing and all around good place to work
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2017
Everything about working here was great and with regards of the uniform we wear i have never felt so safe at my work place. I grew close with all the girls i worked with and always felt i could talk to my managers about any issues that I had.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
had to wear heels
I have no words...
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 27, 2017
This particular location is franchise owned, so all I can do is critique its owners. Basically they didn't know what the heck they were doing. Very cheap, ran the place to the ground, and me as well.
Irish bar with a twist
Server (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 18, 2017
A typical day at work is never consistent. No matter what day or what shift you are working, you do not know what you are walking into. You could be slammed or just moving along at a reasonable pace. It defiantly keeps you on your toes. I have learned how to communicate with a different group of people than I have before. The guests are much more social than I have been used to, so being able to communicate on a more personal level has been a really nice experience. The management team as a whole is great. They are always making sure we are happy and if we aren't, the try their best to accommodate. They make the restaurant a comfortable working environment with a some fun, however, they never hesitant to get down to business. The culture is all about family and building the connections with your coworkers. Being close to one another is necessary when you have to work close to one another so often.
Pros
Fun work environment to work, and quick money.
Cons
No benefits/sick days/ paid time off
Find somewhere else
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 16, 2017
You have potential to make a nice amount of money, but lately it has been extremely slow and unless you have regulars who like to come in, it is hard to say how much you can actually make. Often you get big parties, flirty older guys who will tip a decent amount, or (most of the time) young people who don't tip well at all regardless of service; but as this is a breast eatery, you are paying to see how we're dressed... not just the food/service. However, this is just basic restaurant life, you win some, you lose some.

Management is actually decent. One of the girls on management is extremely sweet, as well as most of the male managers. But don't walk in here expecting to get 4+ days a week. Hours are spread out and at most expect to work 2-3 days a week. However, the most irritating aspect of the job is probably the girls on staff. 80% of them have been working there a very long time and are extremely cliquish, snobby, and extremely rude. Again, not all of the girls, but a HUGE majority of them are bossy, cut-throat, and disrespectful. As a new person, you will get thrown around and stepped all over; don't try to stop it and "fight for yourself" because it won't happen. The managers are "nice", but it is also not something you can approach them about.
Not exactly what I expected
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJune 1, 2017
Aside from the costume, which I was aware of prior to the job, the work environment was not good. A lot of drama with so many girls on staff and poor management. It was an eyeopener to the restaurant business, but not a job I would recommend.
Pros
Allowed to sit and talk with customers
Cons
Too much drama and a lack of professionalism
productive and fun work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job meeting new customers , learning how to seat customers, taking orders , learned the menu and also cleaning tables.
Pros
Free food
Cons
no lunch breaks
Very fun place to work
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15211May 2, 2017
A typical Day here, depending on surrounding events, would be very unbalanced as far as consistent guests. 11am might have a total of 3 people in the area where at 12pm, theres 100. Very fun place to work, especially during baseball and football season. It gets EXTREMELY busy so you have to know how to handle working under pressure.
Pros
Discounted lunches, laid-back attitude
Cons
Short breaks, if any. Low standards for hiring.
Fun girls to work with, extremely mismanaged
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2017
This place had so much potential but I can't see it surviving very long. The girls are in general very friendly and easy to work with. Management however is very inconsiderate, inconsistent and inexperienced. Not the place to work if you have issues with people walking over you or disregarding your availability to schedule you whenever they deem fit. No benefits whatsoever, they purposefully don't tell you the duration of your shift so if you expect a break dream on.
Pros
Friendly do workers
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, management doesn't go by your availability

Want to know more about TILTED KILT PUB & EATERY?

Ask a question
Great place to work!
Bar Supervisor/Head Bartender (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2017
This was one of my favorite experiences working in the service industry, and I loved everyone I worked with. This is a great place for young woman to supplement their income during school.
I have enjoyed being a part of the Tilted Kilt organization.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAApril 8, 2017
It has been a great 4.5 years. It can be challenging at times to operate but those challenges are part of what makes this company great to work for. The people in the upper management of the organization promote a family feeling throughout the company. I have from day one felt like I am part of their family.
Pros
Challenging and fun
Franchise Owner
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 30, 2017
The owner of the San Antonio pub does not follow through on any of his promises. They have had 11 managers quit in the last 6 months. That should tell you something right there.
Pros
Cons
Too Many to list
Fun work environment, but..
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAMarch 9, 2017
I loved working for the Tilted Kilt. It was a fun work environment where you can make great money. The franchisees and management didn't seem to care about the decline in business though. We were an odd Kilt, off the beaten path that hardly ever did events like other Kilts. We didn't have bike nights or trivia, or anything extra to bring guests in. Management was also conniving and would ruin your job or your life for no reason. I actually think that this Kilt will close soon due to poor management and their lack of paying bills.
Decent place to work at
Server (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 7, 2017
The company is good and there is room for growth. Although the environment may not always be the best due to some drama, but that is only to be expected in a work place. The tips are good and they are very accommodating to the hours.
Energetic, productive environment to constantly interact with people
Waitress (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Your typical work days will vary depending on the particular sports activities of the day. Days without big sporting events tend to be slower, thus you may find yourself with a section of 9+ tables. On busy nights, it is not uncommon to be responsible for your own section, and many standing guests as well. Although it can be overwhelming at times, as long as you manage your time wisely you will be fine. Above all, you must maintain a positive, energetic attitude no matter how you are feeling on the inside.

Aside from your own duties to provide the most efficient service to your guests, it is imperative to contribute to the team effort; this can be done by running everyone's food and drinks, bussing off tables, etc.

Management at The Tilted Kilt can be incredibly helpful, so long as they know you are committed to advancing the success of both yourself and the Tilted Kilt team.

The hardest part of the job is also the most valued skill I learned in my year of working here: how to multitask. There will be times when every guest has a different need with an extremely time-sensitive window; so it is imperative that you learn how to consolidate your time. Instead of going back and forth to your tables, you must learn how to make one trip that will satisfy the needs of all your guests. This was a difficult skill to learn, but once I learned how to multitask, my efficiency increased exponentially.

The most enjoyable job is interacting with people. You must have a passion for customer service, because you play a critical role in determining whether or not your guest will
  more... return (or leave a nice tip).  less
Productive workplace
Prep Chef (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJNovember 3, 2016
My job was to help prepare the meals for the costumers it was a nice environment to work in but it was also very unprofessional
fun work environment and very sports oriented
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince George, VAOctober 17, 2016
I liked that i was able to work off of tips and get to interact with my customers so much. Working at tilted kilt and getting to be a waitress taught me how to be more patient with people and helped me work on my customer service better.
Pros
getting to leave with tips everyday
Cons
short breaks
Productive company
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 5, 2016
Working for the tilted kilt was fun and new. My favorite part about working for TK was meeting new people. Co-workers were easy to get along with and they were all friendly.
Fun and fast paced work place
Barback/Bartender & Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 13, 2016
If you enjoy sports and meeting new people on a daily basis then you would like working here. Also, the managers and other employees were great. They make anyone feel welcomed and a part of the family. Great place to work!
Pros
50% off meals