Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Unorganized
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oregon, OHSeptember 24, 2016
Terrible management and terrible hours. Rediculous rules and very rude people. I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody and they have a rediculoud turnover rate.
Fresh foods, very fast paced and on time with orders. Great location
Night Team Member (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MISeptember 22, 2016
I enjoyed working here and had excellent co-workers. Management was extremely unorganized and very unprofessional at times. Always good with making sure to give orders promptly and in a timely manner. Special orders were always on time. Fresh beverages and meals 24/7.
Pros
Great atmosphere and one meal free a day
Cons
Hours were hard to get as well as pay being extremely low
Super stressfull
Overnight Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYSeptember 21, 2016
Only a good work enviorment if the managers are having a good day, cant call off ever. Not good for a first job, its a fast past job and if you cant get things out on time your job is on the line.
Pros
Good pay, good hours
Cons
Stressful
Tim Horton's is a great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, MISeptember 21, 2016
Fellow co-workers always where willing to lend a hand when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was the different people that I was able to meat on a day to day basis.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MISeptember 20, 2016
They care a lot about their employees. The owners are very nice people and are flexible with their hours . If you work hard, you will get more responsibilities.
worst place to work
midnight staff (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MISeptember 18, 2016
I work there for almost 9 months. I busted my butt on midnight's cleaning and started baking. You work over 8 hours you only got paid 8 for the eight. Nobody came in on time. I wouldn't even recommend a teenager to work there! Unless your a male. They treat you like a child and you never got paid for working over smh
Pros
Cons
everything
nice workplace
Overnight Cashier/ Baker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 17, 2016
I learned how make and decorate donuts. Learned that many customers want their coffee different like creamers and sugars. Hardest part of the job was the cleaning part. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday, and getting to know the regulars. A typical day at work for me would be a slow day.
cool people
Front Worker (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHSeptember 15, 2016
juat a good job for kids during school, not great for advancement. met a lot of friends but low pay and no compesation. managers are really good people.
Pros
free lunch fun work
Cons
low pay no benefits
Horrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MISeptember 14, 2016
Management expects you to go out of your way for minimum wage. And no raises, bonuses or promotions. Poor management and don't expect to go home if ill.
Only thing i like are my coworkers
Hourly Worker (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 12, 2016
I have been working at a particular timmy's for about a few months. I HATE it. If there are less then 5 people working during a rush. Thats because of poor managment. I hope that there are tim hortons better then mine. Please beware of bad bosses!
great for highschool students
customer service (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 10, 2016
Honestly the work is incredibly easy to learn and the entire staff is super friendly and willing to help one another. Once you start working at tim hortons you see your coworkers as family
Pros
discount on food
Cons
coffee smell when you go home
Customer Oriented Business
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 8, 2016
The work environment was very customer friendly, everyday the same regulars would come in for their coffee and we would have it waiting for them on the counter. I learned that simply remembering a person really makes their day and creates a loyal customer. The upper management was not very involved in the day to day operations of the company and some stores suffered because of this. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were not so polite. The best part of the job though was talking with the regulars everyday.
Tiring and exploitative
Storefront cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 7, 2016
They had no sense of how to deal with employees, made a very bad rapport with us. They also were always understaffed. The staff there was friendly but they often were never clear about assigning roles to team members.
Engaging Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 5, 2016
Great place to work, as a supervisor you hae to know all the ploicies and follow/enforce them. Can get very busy and you have to be on top of tour customer service!
Pros
50%off lunch, nice managment
cashier
Team member (Former Employee) –  Ogdensburg, NYSeptember 4, 2016
I enjoyed the experience that I had with them
I liked the different types of jobs that they taught me while I was there
enjoyed my co-workers and managers
Pros
free samples
Cons
not enough hours
Is a okay place to work at for your first job.
Assistant Supervisor/ Baker (Former Employee) –  Burton, MISeptember 1, 2016
I would come in a 5:00 am and open up the store. I would start making coffee, and prepare everything before opening at 6:00 am. When more of my coworkers show up for their shift I would go into the back and start baking donuts, muffins, cookies, beagles, and any other breakfast items. Wait on costumers taking orders and using cashiers. When closing lock up count the money and deposit the money into the safe.
Pros
Half off lunch, free coffee, pop, donuts
Cons
15 mins of lunch breaks, no vacations days
Fun fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIAugust 26, 2016
As the job title of a supervisor, I Have the pleasure of managing the afternoon shifts, taking customer orders, overseeing the store operations and at the end of the shift I count cash drawers for accuracy. This job has helped me with my customer service skills, as well as my supervisory leadership skills in having a very good working relationship with my co-workers, here at Tim Horton's.
Fun working environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 25, 2016
This is a very good company. I love my manager and my co-workers. Working at this company is like family and we love our loyalty customers. A typical day at work is usually busy but we assist our customer and stock on time.
Pros
all drinks are free for employee
Cons
schedule
They need to get their stuff together
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MIAugust 24, 2016
The people I worked with made the job. I had the pleasure of working with numerous great people who became very close friends of mine. The team environment is cool.

MANAGEMENT IS AWFUL. My manager was bi-polar. One day she would come in with a big smile on her face and act like she was our best friend. The next she wouldn't even acknowledge any of her employees when we said Hi or Good morning. She was not at all professional in her mannerisms and her interaction with employees (even if it was directly related to the job). Constructive criticism does not exist. You make one small mistake and you are getting rolled eyes, being talked about behind your back, cursed at, yelled at, or humiliated in front of customers and coworkers. She also picked favorites. At least this was the case with the manager at the Oxford, Michigan location.

Culture is TOO laid back. There is no proper enforcement of rules. It is NORMAL to be 2 hours late to your shift because there are virtually no consequences (except maybe getting yelled at). My coworkers and I could basically get away with anything too: eating product we didn't pay for, leaving the building for long periods of time while on shift, even being under the influence of substances while on shift. All of this was NORMAL.

I would never recommend this Tim Hortons/Coldstone Creamery as a place to work. You are unfairly treated and paid and no one takes their job seriously. I was a supervisor of first and second shift who had been there for 3 years and a regular team mate who hadn't been there nearly as long was getting paid $2 more
  more... per hour than me. UNFAIR.  less
Pros
laid back culture
Cons
everything else
Great Place to work, very fast pace working environment, great staff, and awesome management
Front-end Cashier (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 24, 2016
Great place to work, fun energetic friendly staff, fast pace working environment. awesome management.. Overall Tim Horton's is a great place to work for a full-time and/or part-time job, very diverse, as well if you like meeting new and cool people..
Pros
part-time, or full-time work when needed, excellent staff and management..
Cons
N/A