Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in United States

Easy job, terrible boss
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medina, NYApril 27, 2016
The management was great except for the son who is the Medina Store Manager. The manager expected you to be available to work and answer phone calls from him 24/7 and when you didn't answer, he would be mad at you for a week. The job itself is demanding in that you must work whenever needed or you look bad and are talked about by your coworkers. The customers are amazing and truly made my day everyday. The owners don't go along with state labor laws in that they would have me working 55+ hours a week while I was a minor in high school. The job itself is easy and enjoyable because of the customers, but the store manager at that store is really rude and misuses his power.
Pros
Flexible hours, pay raises, nice customers
Cons
breaks not to standard law, demanding, manager.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYApril 26, 2016
Item opportunities to make money great management owner all things went well and totally lost my vehicle and could no longer work hard as part of my job was staying awake because I work third shift
Pros
great management
Cons
Nice environment to work in.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHApril 25, 2016
It was an ok workplace, but overall I'm just here to do my jobs and be very good at it. Tim Hortons was a nice place to work at, but wasn't for me.
productive
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIApril 22, 2016
my work day starts at 2pm everyday and ends at 10pm sometimes later, some of my co-workers don't have the best work ethic but I don't say much and continue to get my job done. I really enjoy the managers there, but we were really short staffed which causes lots of stress. I learned team work, responsibility and customer service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare, pay, unpaid breaks
Great Place to work, great experience
Counter Staff / Over Night Staff (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYApril 21, 2016
I loved it there!! If it wasn't for new york falling apart I never would of had moved and left. The management was great. Yeah it had its drama but what work place doesn't. The way everything was set up was a little wacky. had to meet speed of service and keep the store clean, which I didn't mind. But when you are 4 or 5 people short, it gets hard. And the fact that corporate thought that there was no excuse for it bothered me. It was unrealistic. But that's the only issue I had.
Pros
Beverages were free while on shift, half off an hour before and after, Good group of workers and managers. FUN!!
Cons
Corporate was annoying sometimes, Our store was the only one open on christmas and got rushed from everybody and their brother.
Fun workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYApril 21, 2016
A typical day at work was always leading to fun and a little messing around. I learned a lot about baking all different things being a baker. The management team was extremely helpful and training was very helpful and willing to take as long as you needed.
it was a alright place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 19, 2016
they weren't a very good place to work they never kept clean there place was always a mess. A typical day at work was making donuts while opening it was a very hard job having customers and having to clean and make donuts but i manage to do it everyday.My favorite part about working there was closing because whatever was left over at night i got to take home for my family becuase we where struggling
Pros
half of our lunches
Cons
really short breaks
Productive and fast pace work environment
Crew Member/Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Imlay City, MI 48444April 13, 2016
A day at work was always an enjoyable day. Constantly learning, enjoying guests company and the positive attitudes of managers and co-workers. Advanced number of guests, advanced fast pace and advanced service.
Pros
Extreme fast pace in a timely manor, enjoyable and authoritative management
Cons
Short breaks, occasionally no breaks, not enough breaks between work scheduled days
Volume repairs
Maintenance Vendor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2016
I work with other employees and sometimes still wait on customers. I'm currently improving my repair skills with online courses. I have about 85% of management training completed. The hardest part of the job is mostly preparing for it. The most enjoyable part of the jobs are the results and the smiles and satisfaction for all of us.
Was a decent place to work
BAKER, CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NYApril 10, 2016
Although the coworkers were very fun, it was very hard to advance in the company. management was 50/50 half amazing and half very difficult to work with very helpful with learning independence and learning to work quickly and correctly.
Family-oriented
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  415 The WestwayApril 9, 2016
Tim-Horton is a great family-oriented establishment. They value the customers input and comfort above all else.Cleanliness and unrivaled product hygiene is paramount withing management and staff alike.
Pros
Free lunch at 50% off
Very productive place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYApril 7, 2016
Working at tim hortons puts a lot on your plate every once in a while. Every shift usually goes by fast because there's always so much to do.
Amazing Co-workers - Terrible Management
Supervisor/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Albion, NYApril 6, 2016
My time spent at the Albion Tim Hortons was marred by the terrible management that it was under. My co-workers and assistant managers were hard working individuals who actually cared about their jobs and each other. We had a lot of fun and ran the business very well. However the manager of this location was lazy, selfish, and frequently blamed others for both her actions and inaction.
Pros
Great teamwork, amazing assistant managers, fun environment
Cons
30 minute breaks for a 9 hour shift, poor management, unsafe work conditions
Terrible Mangement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 6, 2016
Both Odlin and Main St. locations have been managed only by the owner for the last year. Micromanages every detail, work schedule not released until the Monday of that work week, very low number of staff, high stress levels. Supervisors would have to do more initial work than they should, without high pay.
Pros
Supervisors get free food.
Cons
Too many.
worked well with job stability
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 3, 2016
I have learned how to work with all types of people, whether it be co-workers or customers. Loved working with customers. Co-workers were great to work with. Management was decent, provided some help but did not go above expectations.
Average place to work
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, NYMarch 25, 2016
If you need an flexible schedule and somewhat easy job, tim horton's is a good fit. Just be ready for some rude customers every day. Management does play favorites
Cons
short staff
Fast Food Fun
Team member, Baker, Beagle station, Drinks (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHMarch 25, 2016
I've learned from this experience is that even though it was a friendly and fun atmosphere I wanted to push myself to be better at my job. I love meeting new costumers. Before I went into fast food I was very quiet. Having a job that serve costumers all day it really brought me out of my comfort zone.
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
ONLY ONE BREAK 10 MINS
Fast-paced environment with good friends
Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHMarch 24, 2016
Every day was a day full of running and loud voices and full of hustle and bustle. We had some kind managers and supervisors who did what they could to help us learn and do our jobs correctly. I made good friends with some of my co-workers. We often helped each other and worked together to get an order done as fast and as well as possible. However there were people who often did not show up, and that made it difficult to serve the customer and do our own jobs efficiently. It was nice to work with people who cared about the job, though. The ones who cared were the ones who kept the store running, and everyone was grateful for employees like that.
Pros
Reasonable discounts, friendly environment, good employees
Cons
Employees who didn't show up
working at timhortons
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 20, 2016
Worked a 10 to 13 hr day learned to communicate with different culture co workers were trying at times the hardest part dealing with crew and their problems enjoyed the customers
Wonderful Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 19, 2016
Amazing experience, management was very helping, co workers were patient and understanding, overall just an amazing working environment.