Timberland Partners is a premier real estate investment and management company that specializes in the acquisition, financing and management of multifamily and commercial business properties throughout the Mid-West United States. Timberland Partners currently owns approximately 8,000 apartment homes and over 800,000 square feet of commercial space.
Due to continued growth we are looking for an Accounts Payable Administrator for our Corporate Office located in Bloomington, MN. The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for leading the Accounts Payable Department through daily operations to ensure superior service guarantee in processing of vendor invoices through vendor payment.
Some of the Benefits of being a team member at Timberland Partners are:
- Stability – Since 1992 Timberland Partners has developed a reputation for the successful identification, acquisition and management of properties that continue to provide a solid financial foundation. Because Timberland Partners business strategy helps insulate team members from the ups and downs of the economy you don’t need to worry about the future of your job.
- Career Growth – We invest in our employees! One of our core values is to provide each employee the opportunity to excel. That means you have access to on-going training, career development programs, and an environment designed to help you grow professionally.
- Compensation – As a member of the Timberland Partners team you can count on a competitive compensation package. Along with an excellent salary and rent discounts, we offer a benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, and Paid Time Off.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains an environment that is customer focused with a standard of excellence as it relates to timeliness and reliability as it pertains to processing invoices and paying vendors.
- Ensures compliance of vendor certificate of liability and workers compensation documents.
- Develops, maintains, and implements accounts payable procedures and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Maintains accounts payable vendor files.
- Coordinate and complete entire accounts payable process within strict designated daily and monthly deadlines.
- Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating completeness and accuracy of invoices submitted for payment.
- Process and manage mechanics lien waivers for applicable invoices.
- Provide accurate data entry of all corporate invoices into the computer to assure payment in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and maintain corporate credit accounts including: correspondence, approvals, reconciliation, auditing, coding and entry of payments.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with vendors in reference to their accounts.
- Research all inquiries concerning payables management.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all collection files for the portfolio of over 7000 units, maintain collection database, collection calls, process receivables, and negotiate settlements.
- Assist in corporate acquisitions and new account set-up.
- Ability to understand and apply basic accounting principles related to accounts payable including payment reconciliation, account code structure, internal control, and purchase order accounting.
- Perform other related accounting functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Proficient computer skills, including operating a Windows-based environment, spreadsheets, word processing, and advanced skills in Excel.
- Yardi property management software experience helpful.
- Demonstrates ability to develop relationships and motivate others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, analytical and process management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to understand and react to diverse needs.
- Maintains financial and confidential information.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Work Place. No relocation available
Indeed - 11 months ago