Timberland Employee Reviews in United States

It was a great company when it was privately owned.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2016
I loved the company. Some of the upper management were two faced and liked to twist your words around. If they did not like you they did what ever they could to make things difficult.
Pros
Great products at a discount. Well paid
Cons
New company took away some benefits. It came down to who like who and how they could save money.
Stockroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Timberland is a great company to work for. Good benefits and a overall good environment. Would recommend someone to work for the company especially coming out of high school.
it was a pretty crowded and fast paced job.
packaging (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 14, 2015
it is a good job for someone looking for a starter job. they don't provide any benefits or anything unless hired full time whitch is very rare to get on. you don't get any pay raises no matter how long you work there and you get laid off very frequently
Pros
nice people
Cons
not going to get hired on
Great discount on their products (boots clothing, etc.). Awesome management and a professional work environment
Lead Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratham, NHJune 19, 2015
Timberland was my favorite company I have worked for. The work environment was always professional and extremely pleasant. The management was very respectable as well as my coworkers. The only reason I left the company was because I was concerned for my job since the company filed chapter 11 shortly after I started with the company.
Pros
Great work environment. Loved the people I worked with
Cons
Low salary in job security
productive and fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 18, 2015
This company is very professional and humble at the same time. for a retail company the benefits are extremely rewarding. they provide product knowledge and training and it is very thorough. I enjoyed meeting so many wonderful people while working for Timberland company. They are very passionate about their product. I had the opportunity to work with them for 6 years and I worked my way from part time to management.
Fast pace work environment but little room to move up in company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYAugust 5, 2015
Daily tasks include recovering the sales floor, customer servicing, and cashiering. Coworkers are great. Poor management. Little room to advance within the company.
benefits
Cons
management
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJanuary 5, 2016
It wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was like any other retail job. I guess since the staff was a little smaller, it was better. Obviously, as the holidays came around, the store manager grew intolerable, but intolerable beyond belief; never seen anything like it. That being said, an unhappy store manager leads to unhappier managers, and unhappy managers make your life hard to live. I'm a tough shell to crack, so I never took it personal, but I know after I left, so did everyone else. Fun when I first got there, and horrible towards the end. It was bittersweet because the job itself was simple, sell as much as you could and try to keep things as clean as possible.
Pros
Free shoes during certain quarters, generous discount
Cons
nepotism
Very fun, but also very nervewrecking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 11, 2016
Very fun associates. Management can be careless often, also very repetitive. not very flexible or understanding with schedules
Pros
Associates
Cons
ManagementManagement
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 20, 2016
Timberland was actually a fun place to work, I enjoyed working there. Co workers we're nice and accepting, the hardest part was managers expecting us to hover over customers. I enjoyed everything else.
Great company to work for!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NYDecember 1, 2015
Fun retail environment with room for growth. Great coworkers and management. I was brought on for the holiday and was given the opportunity to prove myself and stayed on for an extra 6 months.
Pros
Great discount on shoes
high paying, great starter job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 20, 2016
Works well with students
Bad management.
$9+ retail job.
Very easy at times. Very hectic during back to school and holiday times.
Family like atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNDecember 29, 2015
Had a great group of people to work with which made it fun to go to work. Good Communications. Great community involvement.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Health care could have been better.
fun workplace
Ware House Worker (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 13, 2013
my typical day at work would be i get a pick list of what the stores needs,we box it up and bring it to the store.ive learned strong leadership builds character in which ive always known.the management team trys there very best to provide good customer service,and my co-workers are very hard workers in which we pull together to get things done.the hardest part of the job is that its frustrating sometimes that management dont make sense sometimes in the discisions they make.and last but not least,the most enjoyable part of my day is that i look forward to the people i work with.
Pros
the expericence
Cons
the benifits and hours
First Class Selling Culture
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEMarch 13, 2014
Selling culture. That's what your mission at Timberland is. A first class store environment and excellent customer service make it the utmost experience for the customer. Building a loyalty to the brand one pair of work boots at a time.
If you didn't know how to sell, you were taught. Being approachable and knowing how to ask for the sale were key. Yes, restocking and cashiering were important as well, but customers were the number one priority.
Pros
relaxed dress code, free shoes, great discount, excellent benefits package
Great company to be a part of
Associate Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratham, New HampshireOctober 14, 2015
Timberland is a wonderful company to work for with a strong culture of brand and employee pride with a passion for being responsible, sustainable and giving back to the community.
Great product
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 18, 2015
Fun place to work but lacked support from Senior level management. Very customer service focussed. I learned a great deal about organization and inventory control form my SM
Pros
discount and 11 paid holidays
Cons
lack of support and didn't offer much growth opportunity
Fast paced environment work day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 1, 2014
A typical day at work for me starts by putting all the incoming merchandise where it belongs, after that I'm in charge of the cashier and also assisting customer finding the items that they are looking for. Before end of my shift I'm in charge of cleaning the store, folding clothes and putting each item where it belongs
Pros
excellent benefits.
Cons
poor management.
Boys club
Area Manager - Multi Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYOctober 15, 2015
If you're in, you're in. If you're not, you're not. Decisions based on who you know not how you do. Leadership is lacking and requires increased intellect.
Easy, Going
Freelance Videographer (Current Employee) –  Stratham, NH Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2013
Creative freedom with great compensation.
Learned time management and complete projects without help of others.
Hardest part of the job was to complete tasks when others were not capable of producing needed materials.
The Most enjoyable of the job was the creative freedom and trust to produce the best quality product.
Good company and fun atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCFebruary 22, 2012
The store I worked in was very enjoyable and the other employees and management were great to work with as well. The company provides good benefits and I enjoyed their commitment to giving back to the community.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, company service and values, good benefits
Cons
schedules