Timberland Employee Reviews

Stockroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Timberland is a great company to work for. Good benefits and a overall good environment. Would recommend someone to work for the company especially coming out of high school.
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJanuary 5, 2016
It wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was like any other retail job. I guess since the staff was a little smaller, it was better. Obviously, as the holidays came around, the store manager grew intolerable, but intolerable beyond belief; never seen anything like it. That being said, an unhappy store manager leads to unhappier managers, and unhappy managers make your life hard to live. I'm a tough shell to crack, so I never took it personal, but I know after I left, so did everyone else. Fun when I first got there, and horrible towards the end. It was bittersweet because the job itself was simple, sell as much as you could and try to keep things as clean as possible.
Pros
Free shoes during certain quarters, generous discount
Cons
nepotism
Family like atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNDecember 29, 2015
Had a great group of people to work with which made it fun to go to work. Good Communications. Great community involvement.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Health care could have been better.
Great company to work for!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NYDecember 1, 2015
Fun retail environment with room for growth. Great coworkers and management. I was brought on for the holiday and was given the opportunity to prove myself and stayed on for an extra 6 months.
Pros
Great discount on shoes
it was a pretty crowded and fast paced job.
packaging (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 14, 2015
it is a good job for someone looking for a starter job. they don't provide any benefits or anything unless hired full time whitch is very rare to get on. you don't get any pay raises no matter how long you work there and you get laid off very frequently
Pros
nice people
Cons
not going to get hired on
Boys club
Area Manager - Multi Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYOctober 15, 2015
If you're in, you're in. If you're not, you're not. Decisions based on who you know not how you do. Leadership is lacking and requires increased intellect.
Great company to be a part of
Associate Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratham, New HampshireOctober 14, 2015
Timberland is a wonderful company to work for with a strong culture of brand and employee pride with a passion for being responsible, sustainable and giving back to the community.
Great product
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 18, 2015
Fun place to work but lacked support from Senior level management. Very customer service focussed. I learned a great deal about organization and inventory control form my SM
Pros
discount and 11 paid holidays
Cons
lack of support and didn't offer much growth opportunity
Fast pace work environment but little room to move up in company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYAugust 5, 2015
Daily tasks include recovering the sales floor, customer servicing, and cashiering. Coworkers are great. Poor management. Little room to advance within the company.
benefits
Cons
management
Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJuly 10, 2015
Typical day was to pick orders replenish the stock drive a standup truck to shipping and receiving , Management was good to the employees . My co workers were great people . I liked my job
Pros
enjoyed the work
Cons
no cons
Good managers
Stock Lead/Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
This was one of my favorite jobs that i ever held. This job was like working with family and it was fun. There was opportunity for promotions as well.
Great discount on their products (boots clothing, etc.). Awesome management and a professional work environment
Lead Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratham, NHJune 19, 2015
Timberland was my favorite company I have worked for. The work environment was always professional and extremely pleasant. The management was very respectable as well as my coworkers. The only reason I left the company was because I was concerned for my job since the company filed chapter 11 shortly after I started with the company.
Pros
Great work environment. Loved the people I worked with
Cons
Low salary in job security
productive and fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 18, 2015
This company is very professional and humble at the same time. for a retail company the benefits are extremely rewarding. they provide product knowledge and training and it is very thorough. I enjoyed meeting so many wonderful people while working for Timberland company. They are very passionate about their product. I had the opportunity to work with them for 6 years and I worked my way from part time to management.
good place to work
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  mclean vaJune 12, 2015
I was the manager at this store and I loves it, I was able to hire and train new staff and show them a way to sale in store. was also able to process shipments and help with sales goals.
Pros
great company
Cons
Great place to learn exceptional customer service and build your way up.
seasonal associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlMay 30, 2015
This position provides exceptional customer service and actively sells to the customer while following through on store operational tasks. Maintains good visual displays and a neat, clean, and well presented store.
Pros
Helps the community, great hours, and managers are vary professional.
Cons
Short breaks.
A fun workplace with opportunities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Commerce, GAMay 26, 2015
A typical day at work begins with opening routines which include making sure workplace area is clean without safety hazards, followed by restocking product care merchandise.
Mornings are generally slow, so associates stay productive by maintaining cleanliness and good presentation of the store and its products.
If a customer enters they are instantly greeted by associates with an energetic, yet friendly attitude. The associate then lets the customer know of any special sales or promotions in the store that they should consider.
Strong interaction between the customer and associate is maintained until the customer has left the store to ensure ultimate customer satisfaction and build upon brand loyalty.
While no customers are in the store there are various tasks to keep associates productive such as floor sets that involve strategic product placement to enhance sales and customer experience and shipment processing to replenish and present new products.
At the end of the day closing routines are preformed, involving store cleanliness, tidying products that are present on the sales floor and depositing profits earned each day. Afterwards, point of sales systems are shut down and security alarms are activated until the opening of the following day.

At Timberland I have learned more product information regarding products that are practical for outdoor performance. It has also given me more experience with establishing authentic connections with costumers.

Management and co-workers are friendly and understanding of situations in the workplace as well as employee's personal
  more... lifestyle. Together we all work as a team, using communication skills and coaching in the moment to ensure employee growth and success in the workplace.

The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving compliments from satisfied customers who appreciate my honesty and effort I made into understanding their concerns and doing my best to accommodate them.
Standard retail job
Sales Associate, Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, CTMay 4, 2015
Not sure what to say about Timerland that hasn't already been said about any other retail job. I was fortunate enough to have a great team to work with and a very clean store. Could do without Black Fridays however.
Productive and great place
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 18, 2015
I found working at Timberland very pleasing and it was a great experience. I learned better communication skills and my fellow coworkers were easy going.
Fun enviornment to work in with great employees
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  leesburg, vaApril 1, 2015
I would re-stock the shelves and ring out the customers. Learned time management, how to order special items for customers and complete projects without help of others. the most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with customers and having regulars come visit me.
Fun and busy place to work.
Stock lead (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYMarch 12, 2015
In the morning i would fill the sales floor receive the new shipment, put any new product out on the sales floor immediately, make any changes to the sales floor if needed. I have developed very good time management skills. I work with about 30 other associates and 5 management staff. The hardest part of my job is being able to change the entire floor set in one day. I receive about 3-4 new styles of clothing in a day, its tough but i make sure to get everything done before i leave. The most enjoyable part of my job is the team. We all work very well and balance each other out.
Pros
great team!
Cons
no room for growth

4.2