Timberland Employee Reviews

A fun workplace with opportunities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Commerce, GAMay 26, 2015
A typical day at work begins with opening routines which include making sure workplace area is clean without safety hazards, followed by restocking product care merchandise.
Mornings are generally slow, so associates stay productive by maintaining cleanliness and good presentation of the store and its products.
If a customer enters they are instantly greeted by associates with an energetic, yet friendly attitude. The associate then lets the customer know of any special sales or promotions in the store that they should consider.
Strong interaction between the customer and associate is maintained until the customer has left the store to ensure ultimate customer satisfaction and build upon brand loyalty.
While no customers are in the store there are various tasks to keep associates productive such as floor sets that involve strategic product placement to enhance sales and customer experience and shipment processing to replenish and present new products.
At the end of the day closing routines are preformed, involving store cleanliness, tidying products that are present on the sales floor and depositing profits earned each day. Afterwards, point of sales systems are shut down and security alarms are activated until the opening of the following day.

At Timberland I have learned more product information regarding products that are practical for outdoor performance. It has also given me more experience with establishing authentic connections with costumers.

Management and co-workers are friendly and understanding of situations in the workplace as well as employee's personal
  more... lifestyle. Together we all work as a team, using communication skills and coaching in the moment to ensure employee growth and success in the workplace.

The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving compliments from satisfied customers who appreciate my honesty and effort I made into understanding their concerns and doing my best to accommodate them.
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJanuary 5, 2016
It wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was like any other retail job. I guess since the staff was a little smaller, it was better. Obviously, as the holidays came around, the store manager grew intolerable, but intolerable beyond belief; never seen anything like it. That being said, an unhappy store manager leads to unhappier managers, and unhappy managers make your life hard to live. I'm a tough shell to crack, so I never took it personal, but I know after I left, so did everyone else. Fun when I first got there, and horrible towards the end. It was bittersweet because the job itself was simple, sell as much as you could and try to keep things as clean as possible.
Pros
Free shoes during certain quarters, generous discount
Cons
nepotism
A Fun Outdoor store
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Lancaster , PASeptember 15, 2014
Customer Service is awesome when you truly believe in what you are selling and you have wore or experience their value.
Its great working in a place where you met people from didn't countries and stories, not only meeting them but getting a glimpse of their personal style and having an effort on their choice.
Its just fun as well as sharing the sell and bringing in a co- worker to experience a little of the culture shock with you.
Mangers don't fall short of excitement as their themselves love that in the Customers travel to the USA the wished to stop by at Timberland and shop.
The smile of our Customer face with such excitement and satisfaction is the world to me and definitely makes my day.
Friendly staff, a;ways busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJuly 10, 2013
A typical work day consists of coming in getting my radio for communication helping customers find the right shoe. I learned how to communicate with customers from all over the world. I also learned what shoes go where how to restock shoes and fold all the clothes. Managment was decent could have been better but if you did what you had to do you would be ok. Co workers were pretty awesome they were friendly and found a way to help any customer. Hardest part of the job was learning where all the shoes would go and finding the mis matched shoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the customers would thank you for all the hard work you did to get them their shoe.
Pros
fast paced, good pay
Cons
management could be better
fun workplace
Ware House Worker (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 13, 2013
my typical day at work would be i get a pick list of what the stores needs,we box it up and bring it to the store.ive learned strong leadership builds character in which ive always known.the management team trys there very best to provide good customer service,and my co-workers are very hard workers in which we pull together to get things done.the hardest part of the job is that its frustrating sometimes that management dont make sense sometimes in the discisions they make.and last but not least,the most enjoyable part of my day is that i look forward to the people i work with.
Pros
the expericence
Cons
the benifits and hours
First class store Environment, High Energy, Responsible of exceeding all store goals
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2013
Being Asst. Manager for a 4 million dollar store isn't Easy. I was responsible for hosting The sales floor, Hiring and training a full staff of 15 employees. I over saw all stockroom procedures such as receiving shipment to transfer in and outs. The hardest part of the job was accomplishing all tasks while maintaining a energetic work flow and customer service simultaneously. However with team work, all can be accomplished. The most enjoyable part of working at my store is the strong team i help build and beating all our last year goals.
Pros
professional environment, bonus pay
Cons
no cons
Fun and busy place to work.
Stock lead (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYMarch 12, 2015
In the morning i would fill the sales floor receive the new shipment, put any new product out on the sales floor immediately, make any changes to the sales floor if needed. I have developed very good time management skills. I work with about 30 other associates and 5 management staff. The hardest part of my job is being able to change the entire floor set in one day. I receive about 3-4 new styles of clothing in a day, its tough but i make sure to get everything done before i leave. The most enjoyable part of my job is the team. We all work very well and balance each other out.
Pros
great team!
Cons
no room for growth
fun when we receive new goods and do the display.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuwait.November 9, 2013
First of all, there is no office inside Kuwait for our company so most of the work will be done by me and staff help. Deposit the daily sales
Checking the display and stock availability to replenish it.
The daily target. Staff attendance.
The hardest part is completing the expired company Docs. with the PRO.as no office in Kuwait. Dealing with any visitors from any Dept.
from the any ministry because no office and I have to deal with them.
General I enjoy doing my job unless I did not get any support from the office abut I enjoy more when we reach the yearly target.
Timberland
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJFebruary 5, 2015
MY day started the same every day, it's not a company when you have the chance to climb. I learned so much that I could have been a manager but refused many times. The people I worked with is like another family from home. They are my good friends, and we made a good team player!
The hardest .....if I were to be a manager, learning that whole process would be a huge challenge.
Pros
we had pot luck every month with different themes to have fun!
Cons
manager(s) need to be a little understanding when the associate has an issue at home
Fast paced working environment
SALES ASSOCIATE/ CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 20, 2013
My days at timberland consist of customer service, and completing multiple task in a short period of time. I was able to learn how to interact with customers better, answer phones and order special items for customers. The management team was good, some were a little unfair. My co-workers were awesome they gave me a hand when ever I needed it or when I was coming in counter with something new. A hard part about the job was trying to give equal customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the store was crowded with customers.

Want to know more about Timberland?

Ask a question
First Class Selling Culture
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEMarch 13, 2014
Selling culture. That's what your mission at Timberland is. A first class store environment and excellent customer service make it the utmost experience for the customer. Building a loyalty to the brand one pair of work boots at a time.
If you didn't know how to sell, you were taught. Being approachable and knowing how to ask for the sale were key. Yes, restocking and cashiering were important as well, but customers were the number one priority.
Pros
relaxed dress code, free shoes, great discount, excellent benefits package
productive and fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 18, 2015
This company is very professional and humble at the same time. for a retail company the benefits are extremely rewarding. they provide product knowledge and training and it is very thorough. I enjoyed meeting so many wonderful people while working for Timberland company. They are very passionate about their product. I had the opportunity to work with them for 6 years and I worked my way from part time to management.
Great discount on their products (boots clothing, etc.). Awesome management and a professional work environment
Lead Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratham, NHJune 19, 2015
Timberland was my favorite company I have worked for. The work environment was always professional and extremely pleasant. The management was very respectable as well as my coworkers. The only reason I left the company was because I was concerned for my job since the company filed chapter 11 shortly after I started with the company.
Pros
Great work environment. Loved the people I worked with
Cons
Low salary in job security
Fast paced environment work day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 1, 2014
A typical day at work for me starts by putting all the incoming merchandise where it belongs, after that I'm in charge of the cashier and also assisting customer finding the items that they are looking for. Before end of my shift I'm in charge of cleaning the store, folding clothes and putting each item where it belongs
Pros
excellent benefits.
Cons
poor management.
Fun environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kittery, MEFebruary 4, 2013
The people that I work with are the best, the hardest part is dealing with the crazy tourists. High stress in the summer, but the rest of the year is a breeze. Of course, there's plenty to do still like staying focused on customers and meeting sales goals.
Pros
employee discount, flexible scheduling
Cons
varying days off, late nights
very interesting job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 8, 2014
Was surprised the store closed just after working there for a little under a year
upper management was rude , wasnt accurate on their information.
My store was full of life .
Timberland offers alot of professionalism and product knowledge.
Their products are bonded and good.
Pros
free products, discounts to multiple companies associated with the company.
Cons
pay
Very upbeat atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYFebruary 20, 2014
My job at the moment is at the warehouse. I work with an associate, and work on getting the right material to the store for success. The store is up beat, with high volume and people from all over the world shopping. It is a great atmosphere, but training is difficult. My co-workers are very nice and I get along with them all.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very little training
hardworking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 4, 2013
Could seem boring at first but once the day pick up it becomes fun. I learned how to talk better with people from a different country. Management and co-workers made the environment such a wonderful place to work. The hardest part was working 12 hour shift with only a 30 minute break.
it was a pretty crowded and fast paced job.
packaging (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 14, 2015
it is a good job for someone looking for a starter job. they don't provide any benefits or anything unless hired full time whitch is very rare to get on. you don't get any pay raises no matter how long you work there and you get laid off very frequently
Pros
nice people
Cons
not going to get hired on
Fun enviornment to work in with great employees
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  leesburg, vaApril 1, 2015
I would re-stock the shelves and ring out the customers. Learned time management, how to order special items for customers and complete projects without help of others. the most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with customers and having regulars come visit me.

4.2