Timberland Employee Reviews

Fun and energetic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 13, 2016
I enjoyed working with this company. The store i worked for felt like family to me. The company was always trying to grow and when we hit milestones everyone was congratulated. They make sure that the staff knows how to do pretty much everything and knows the product very well. And everyone wore the shoes so we knew the pros and cons from experience.
Great customer service job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYAugust 26, 2016
Great job to get to know the people you work with and learn new things about the products. Good to learn the register and money. My coworkers were very social and easy to work with.
Fun place to work with a great job culture
Store Manager and Visual merchandising lead MN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
Great place to start out, but not for an advanced retail management career. Organized and clear brand integrity. Supportive team members that are always willing to help.
Pros
Free shoes every 2 months & great culture.
Cons
Minimal room for advancement. Monotnous day to day
Timberland
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYAugust 3, 2016
Was great working with them and helped with developing my business/sales skills in the beginning. Overall it was a good experience.
Pros
the working environment and staff
Cons
N/A
Great team, supportive and very talented!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2016
I love this company! I was recruited by the store and area manager, which were two very passionate and motivated individuals, to become a part of a new store opening. There was so much support and effort put towards the quality of our team, and I can surely say I've learned so much working for this company. Daily operations consist of associate training, inventory control, merchandising and so on.
Pros
Great benefits, quality training, unlimited support
Cons
understaffed
Fun environment!
Store Manager and Visual merchandising lead MN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 24, 2016
Managed and lead a team of 10 while developing visual merchandising strategies. Drove sales through service and educating the customer on technology of product. Managed back office and inventory while developing team.
Pros
Green company with a fun concept.
Cons
Little room for growth.
I enjoyed working there it was a great job for me
Truck Driver - Hauled logs & chips (Former Employee) –  Taylor, LAJune 6, 2016
I enjoyed working there but I was fired due to the brakes went out on the truck I drove and I ran into the ditch to prevent hitting, which would cause me injury as well as damage the company property
Pros
OFF TIME WHEN RAINING
Cons
IF IT RAINED DUIRNG THE WEEK, THEN YOU WERE NOT LIKELY TO GET OVERTIME
fun workplace
sales associates / cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Always very busy and packed ive learned how to deal with customers on any type of level and it was a pretty easy to handle when it came to time my co workers where also very nice and the hardest part about my job was the 30 minute breaks because they went by so fast and lastly the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new customers from different countries every day
Pros
working in fun environment
Cons
short breaks
high paying, great starter job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 20, 2016
Works well with students
Bad management.
$9+ retail job.
Very easy at times. Very hectic during back to school and holiday times.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 20, 2016
Timberland was actually a fun place to work, I enjoyed working there. Co workers we're nice and accepting, the hardest part was managers expecting us to hover over customers. I enjoyed everything else.
Very fun, but also very nervewrecking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 11, 2016
Very fun associates. Management can be careless often, also very repetitive. not very flexible or understanding with schedules
Pros
Associates
Cons
ManagementManagement
It was a great company when it was privately owned.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2016
I loved the company. Some of the upper management were two faced and liked to twist your words around. If they did not like you they did what ever they could to make things difficult.
Pros
Great products at a discount. Well paid
Cons
New company took away some benefits. It came down to who like who and how they could save money.
Stockroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Timberland is a great company to work for. Good benefits and a overall good environment. Would recommend someone to work for the company especially coming out of high school.
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJanuary 5, 2016
It wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was like any other retail job. I guess since the staff was a little smaller, it was better. Obviously, as the holidays came around, the store manager grew intolerable, but intolerable beyond belief; never seen anything like it. That being said, an unhappy store manager leads to unhappier managers, and unhappy managers make your life hard to live. I'm a tough shell to crack, so I never took it personal, but I know after I left, so did everyone else. Fun when I first got there, and horrible towards the end. It was bittersweet because the job itself was simple, sell as much as you could and try to keep things as clean as possible.
Pros
Free shoes during certain quarters, generous discount
Cons
nepotism
Family like atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNDecember 29, 2015
Had a great group of people to work with which made it fun to go to work. Good Communications. Great community involvement.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Health care could have been better.
Great company to work for!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NYDecember 1, 2015
Fun retail environment with room for growth. Great coworkers and management. I was brought on for the holiday and was given the opportunity to prove myself and stayed on for an extra 6 months.
Pros
Great discount on shoes
it was a pretty crowded and fast paced job.
packaging (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 14, 2015
it is a good job for someone looking for a starter job. they don't provide any benefits or anything unless hired full time whitch is very rare to get on. you don't get any pay raises no matter how long you work there and you get laid off very frequently
Pros
nice people
Cons
not going to get hired on
Boys club
Area Manager - Multi Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYOctober 15, 2015
If you're in, you're in. If you're not, you're not. Decisions based on who you know not how you do. Leadership is lacking and requires increased intellect.
Great company to be a part of
Associate Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratham, New HampshireOctober 14, 2015
Timberland is a wonderful company to work for with a strong culture of brand and employee pride with a passion for being responsible, sustainable and giving back to the community.
Great product
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 18, 2015
Fun place to work but lacked support from Senior level management. Very customer service focussed. I learned a great deal about organization and inventory control form my SM
Pros
discount and 11 paid holidays
Cons
lack of support and didn't offer much growth opportunity