Timberland Employee Reviews in United States

Great team, supportive and very talented!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2016
I love this company! I was recruited by the store and area manager, which were two very passionate and motivated individuals, to become a part of a new store opening. There was so much support and effort put towards the quality of our team, and I can surely say I've learned so much working for this company. Daily operations consist of associate training, inventory control, merchandising and so on.
Pros
Great benefits, quality training, unlimited support
Cons
understaffed
Fun environment!
Store Manager and Visual merchandising lead MN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 24, 2016
Managed and lead a team of 10 while developing visual merchandising strategies. Drove sales through service and educating the customer on technology of product. Managed back office and inventory while developing team.
Pros
Green company with a fun concept.
Cons
Little room for growth.
I enjoyed working there it was a great job for me
Truck Driver - Hauled logs & chips (Former Employee) –  Taylor, LAJune 6, 2016
I enjoyed working there but I was fired due to the brakes went out on the truck I drove and I ran into the ditch to prevent hitting, which would cause me injury as well as damage the company property
Pros
OFF TIME WHEN RAINING
Cons
IF IT RAINED DUIRNG THE WEEK, THEN YOU WERE NOT LIKELY TO GET OVERTIME
fun workplace
sales associates / cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Always very busy and packed ive learned how to deal with customers on any type of level and it was a pretty easy to handle when it came to time my co workers where also very nice and the hardest part about my job was the 30 minute breaks because they went by so fast and lastly the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new customers from different countries every day
Pros
working in fun environment
Cons
short breaks
high paying, great starter job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 20, 2016
Works well with students
Bad management.
$9+ retail job.
Very easy at times. Very hectic during back to school and holiday times.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 20, 2016
Timberland was actually a fun place to work, I enjoyed working there. Co workers we're nice and accepting, the hardest part was managers expecting us to hover over customers. I enjoyed everything else.
Very fun, but also very nervewrecking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 11, 2016
Very fun associates. Management can be careless often, also very repetitive. not very flexible or understanding with schedules
Pros
Associates
Cons
ManagementManagement
It was a great company when it was privately owned.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2016
I loved the company. Some of the upper management were two faced and liked to twist your words around. If they did not like you they did what ever they could to make things difficult.
Pros
Great products at a discount. Well paid
Cons
New company took away some benefits. It came down to who like who and how they could save money.
Stockroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Timberland is a great company to work for. Good benefits and a overall good environment. Would recommend someone to work for the company especially coming out of high school.
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJanuary 5, 2016
It wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was like any other retail job. I guess since the staff was a little smaller, it was better. Obviously, as the holidays came around, the store manager grew intolerable, but intolerable beyond belief; never seen anything like it. That being said, an unhappy store manager leads to unhappier managers, and unhappy managers make your life hard to live. I'm a tough shell to crack, so I never took it personal, but I know after I left, so did everyone else. Fun when I first got there, and horrible towards the end. It was bittersweet because the job itself was simple, sell as much as you could and try to keep things as clean as possible.
Pros
Free shoes during certain quarters, generous discount
Cons
nepotism

Want to know more about Timberland?

Ask a question
Family like atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNDecember 29, 2015
Had a great group of people to work with which made it fun to go to work. Good Communications. Great community involvement.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Health care could have been better.
Great company to work for!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NYDecember 1, 2015
Fun retail environment with room for growth. Great coworkers and management. I was brought on for the holiday and was given the opportunity to prove myself and stayed on for an extra 6 months.
Pros
Great discount on shoes
it was a pretty crowded and fast paced job.
packaging (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 14, 2015
it is a good job for someone looking for a starter job. they don't provide any benefits or anything unless hired full time whitch is very rare to get on. you don't get any pay raises no matter how long you work there and you get laid off very frequently
Pros
nice people
Cons
not going to get hired on
Boys club
Area Manager - Multi Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYOctober 15, 2015
If you're in, you're in. If you're not, you're not. Decisions based on who you know not how you do. Leadership is lacking and requires increased intellect.
Great company to be a part of
Associate Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratham, New HampshireOctober 14, 2015
Timberland is a wonderful company to work for with a strong culture of brand and employee pride with a passion for being responsible, sustainable and giving back to the community.
Great product
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 18, 2015
Fun place to work but lacked support from Senior level management. Very customer service focussed. I learned a great deal about organization and inventory control form my SM
Pros
discount and 11 paid holidays
Cons
lack of support and didn't offer much growth opportunity
Fast pace work environment but little room to move up in company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYAugust 5, 2015
Daily tasks include recovering the sales floor, customer servicing, and cashiering. Coworkers are great. Poor management. Little room to advance within the company.
benefits
Cons
management
Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJuly 10, 2015
Typical day was to pick orders replenish the stock drive a standup truck to shipping and receiving , Management was good to the employees . My co workers were great people . I liked my job
Pros
enjoyed the work
Cons
no cons
Good managers
Stock Lead/Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
This was one of my favorite jobs that i ever held. This job was like working with family and it was fun. There was opportunity for promotions as well.
Great discount on their products (boots clothing, etc.). Awesome management and a professional work environment
Lead Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratham, NHJune 19, 2015
Timberland was my favorite company I have worked for. The work environment was always professional and extremely pleasant. The management was very respectable as well as my coworkers. The only reason I left the company was because I was concerned for my job since the company filed chapter 11 shortly after I started with the company.
Pros
Great work environment. Loved the people I worked with
Cons
Low salary in job security