Timberland Employee Reviews

Came and Went
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 25, 2017
Temporary to hire position for the 2010 Thanksgiving season. Management staff for particular location was sub par resulting in the closure of the business.
Pros
Free pair of boots after compeltion required work hours
Cons
Available hours
Slow workplace where responsibility is passed around and important tasks are not taken seriously
Sales Associate and Stock (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2017
Timberland is unpredictable when it comes to how the day may go. Work may be very busy some days, and completely slow on other days. The cleanliness at Timberland is not the best. Staff will wait weeks to actually begin cleaning something and no one, including managers are not enthusiastic about working. It seems as if no one likes working there. Hardest part of job is stock, no one cares or treats the stock room well. They leave dirty, and complain when no one else cleans it. I do enjoy helping customers.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, full time employment is hard
overall easy job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  PAJuly 24, 2017
Most days are spent trying to deter shoplifters instead of focusing on customer service. The register system is slow and outdated. Information that should be easy to find, isn't. And unnecessary information that is not store specific is blanketed on all reports. Most customers are a delight to assist, and the employees are some of the best I have ever worked with.
Pros
allowing everyone to participate in community service
Cons
poor break coverage
Great Place To Work
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stratham, NHJuly 24, 2017
Great company and great people who really enjoy making a difference in not only the retail world but also their communities. Timberland has heart (and great consumer goods!) and is something I will always look for in any employer.
Pros
40 hours of PTO to dedicate to community service, awesome co-workers & people, Timberland really cares about their employee's happiness
Cons
n/a
CSR is tops
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Stratham, NHJuly 19, 2017
Great corporate structure and tons of CSR events to help you feel good about your employer. This company is the real deal when it comes to taking care of the environment and doing what is best for employees.
Pros
the people
Cons
location of headquarters is not ideal
Shipping Specialty Products
Sales clerk and stocking (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJuly 18, 2017
Pick and process products to be shipped out as specialty product
How important being precise is
I have great managers who treated me with respect
The work place culture was great because of the way the employees was treated
The hardest part of the job was learning how to be precise and very productive but I did a great job at both
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that I did my job to the very best of my ability and having the supervisors recognize it
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
We worked intil the last shippment was done and out the door
Great company, okay management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJuly 18, 2017
In my opinion there is one great manager, she was recently promoted from my understanding but she's easy to talk to and willing to offer a helping hand. One manager doesn't have an understanding of all of the store functions, and there's another who's to in your face. I only felt comfortable working with one manager, the rest I felt like I had to put on a poker face going to work every day. Horrible hours, have no idea why the permanent staff continues to work there. The coworkers I worked with were nice, took the time to train me correctly.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No breaks, snobby management
Steady paced job. Fun and learned alot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 16, 2017
This job was just a temporary job. My job was to make the customers feel welcomed, help with any questions that the customer need assistance with. Keeping a clean and neat environment. Going back together customers certain sizes or unloading boxes, climbing ladders etc.
fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brazil, IN AJuly 6, 2017
Good place to work. Good benefits. Good people to qork with. Above average pay rate. Really need to cut down on the drugs in the workplace though and eliminate all druggies.
nice..
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 5, 2017
The bosses and workers were all nice.. the pay was on track and this discount was the best part of the job on the down side you have to where there close. But they give u a lotment
Timberland
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2017
I was at Timberland for about less than a month or so specifically for the Black Friday/Holiday sales weeks before falling ill with tonsillitis. Before then, i hadn't been there long nor had I been so sick before. I had to leave early one day due to having a high fever and almost passed out in the middle of said shift. The next two to three shifts I was forced to call out because I was unaware why I was sick at the time and did not want to get others sick.
Pros
50% off of products from Timberland and sister stores (Vans, North Pole, Nautica)
Productive fast pace work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 11, 2017
Good company to work for alot of coworkers there to work and get done with what has been put in front of us.Productive place working here with alot of different personalitys but a great place to work.
it's good.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2017
It's good, nothing special. I've worked here since January, can't rave it or put it down in either direction i'm just filling out the minimum to end this thing.
Very uneventful work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAJune 5, 2017
The hardest part of this job was trying to find things to do. Other than on Black Friday and the weekends, the job was very slow. My day consisted of greeting customers when they come in and helping them find what they needed. I would take down their personal information for our email list and check the out at the register. Other than straightening the store, there wasn't anything for me to do in between customers coming in.
Pros
Nice Co-Workers
Cons
No breaks unless you worked over 4 hours
Balanced work
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJune 1, 2017
Working at Timberland you were able to do different jobs so you wasn't stuck doing the same job all night. When you are picking orders, the shift goes by quickly.
I absolutely loved this job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 1, 2017
The best part of this job, in my opinion, is when the weekend rush used to come in. Time always flew and I always had fun helping customers and competing with co-workers. The managers definitely made things fun. At first thing were a bit unorganized but they got it all together eventually. Stores are always kept up and look very nice.They don't work for commission but it is still competitive.
Pros
great management and great work environment
Cons
short break times
The New Store Manager is Trash
Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 1, 2017
After a while I quit and never came back. They are always getting a new store manager. The bathrooms are nasty. The DM only promotes her favorites. They suck at doing displays. They dont have an eye for making the store unique.
Pros
discounts
Cons
everything
Horrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2017
Don't do it. Period. This job is horrible. You won't get any hours. They are very bias and you'll catch yourself working your butt off but if your not best friends with the manager just forget about it.
I enjoyed the customers more than co-workers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 8, 2017
Working for timberland was absolutely chaotic, I was always stressed out sometimes I would work 12 days in a row with no reward no acknowledgment of my hard work and no compensation. Management was terrible, they have no knowledge of the Washington labor law, no one was getting the proper breaks, and they still probably aren't. I'll put it like this I would rather be broke and destitute before I would go back to Timberland. Although I did meet some really nice customers, and everyday was not totally unbearable,
Pros
Cons
Not enough breaks, manamgment acted like high school girls, and there was an extreme amount of favortism.
Nice Job culture/environment but lack of training for newcomers
Seasonal PT Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCApril 28, 2017
When I started, I was briefly walked through the store for an hour or two and we were just put on the floor to stock. I had to learn everything from either watching other employees or asking. If you going to work there, beware of Black Friday for you will not have any breaks unless you are dying. Even for normal shifts you won't have any breaks so make sure you eat before your shift. The customer base were split between really nice people and snobby uptight ones so your shift could be difficult depending on how demanding they were. Overall nice experience but don't expect stability since they do labor cuts at the end of each season. Everyone is at risk of losing their job.
Pros
Good store discounts, Constantly busy
Cons
No Breaks or lunches, Job isn't guaranteed, Lack of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timberland. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval