Timberland Employee Reviews

calm and helpful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJOctober 3, 2017
i was a seasonal worker for timberland so i cant really assest to the defint culture of timberland. Yet when i was there the staff was nice and helpful and the p.o.s system there is a piece of cake compared to others. i would say though if you do plan on workin there becarful of shoplifters there in abundence out there
low pay and horrible supervisor
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYSeptember 26, 2017
The work itself is definitely not worth what they pay you per hour, especially considering you're laid off for weeks at a time. The supervisor has an awful attitude and deliberately picks arguments with new employees in a pathetic attempt to assert dominance just so she can scream in your face and threaten to fire you. Terrible person for a high end position.
Pros
some task
Cons
management is awful
Honesty
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MASeptember 13, 2017
Great company to work for, a lot of stress and a lot of responsibilities with a multi million dollar store a lot of high expectations, be prepared to fail at times! Keep to yourself do your job finish your shift and you will survive! Good luck to whom ever applies!!
Company rooted in community
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratham, NHSeptember 6, 2017
Overall a great brand that is rooted in the community. Love that employees get 40 hours to use towards community service. Lots of talented folks. Lacking strong management and career development.
Pros
Cons
Lacking strong management and career development.
a real work evornment
seals associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 2, 2017
Timberland was a retail store that word up people through situations of experience. these experiences can be extremely beneficial in many ways toward the future.
Pros
next to the mall
Cons
a lot of homless people
Era bueno
Producion (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Isabela, PRAugust 27, 2017
Trabajamos 40 hora y cuando avia over time tenía que trabajalo pero si Asia la tarea antes de las 8 horas nos podia ir para la casa pero si me queria quedar podia pedir quedarme sin afectar la tarea el por cieto de la tarea tenia un buen plan medico dias por enfermeda 40.1k y vacaciones
Pros
Bueno
Managers think you are a robot.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2017
A typical day at work consists of helping stupid customers who don't know how to speak English. I learned that you don't get paid for your worth. The management sucks big time. The hardest part of the job was finding the motivation to show up. The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out and going home.
Pros
You work at the mall
Cons
Management, lazy co workers
Productive and great crew members to work with. Very outgoing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYAugust 22, 2017
A typical day at work was so fun for me. I got to enjoy the positive vibes and outgoing personalities throughout the day. Everyday I learned something new about the company and my co-workers. I learned a lot about the company that I never knew before.
Pros
Everyone I worked with was outgoing and friendly.
Cons
Short breaks, rude customers
great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canóvanas Municipio, PRJuly 31, 2017
It was an excellent company, completely engaged with the environment. The upper level management communication was excellent. Good working atmosphere.
Pros
great company
Cons
ok place to work...energy is always upbeat
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2017
Timberland is a good first job to have but I wouldn't stay there forever. Sometimes the hours suck and you might only get 1 or 2 days a week as a part-time worker but hey it is part-time. Employees there are also pretty cool. Most enjoyable part is that you get to meet people from all over the world. There really is no hard part about unless it is your first job and you are new to retail and customer service. The main thing is you have to talk to customers even if you don't understand them.
Came and Went
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 25, 2017
Temporary to hire position for the 2010 Thanksgiving season. Management staff for particular location was sub par resulting in the closure of the business.
Pros
Free pair of boots after compeltion required work hours
Cons
Available hours
Slow workplace where responsibility is passed around and important tasks are not taken seriously
Sales Associate and Stock (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2017
Timberland is unpredictable when it comes to how the day may go. Work may be very busy some days, and completely slow on other days. The cleanliness at Timberland is not the best. Staff will wait weeks to actually begin cleaning something and no one, including managers are not enthusiastic about working. It seems as if no one likes working there. Hardest part of job is stock, no one cares or treats the stock room well. They leave dirty, and complain when no one else cleans it. I do enjoy helping customers.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, full time employment is hard
overall easy job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  PAJuly 24, 2017
Most days are spent trying to deter shoplifters instead of focusing on customer service. The register system is slow and outdated. Information that should be easy to find, isn't. And unnecessary information that is not store specific is blanketed on all reports. Most customers are a delight to assist, and the employees are some of the best I have ever worked with.
Pros
allowing everyone to participate in community service
Cons
poor break coverage
Great Place To Work
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stratham, NHJuly 24, 2017
Great company and great people who really enjoy making a difference in not only the retail world but also their communities. Timberland has heart (and great consumer goods!) and is something I will always look for in any employer.
Pros
40 hours of PTO to dedicate to community service, awesome co-workers & people, Timberland really cares about their employee's happiness
Cons
n/a
CSR is tops
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Stratham, NHJuly 19, 2017
Great corporate structure and tons of CSR events to help you feel good about your employer. This company is the real deal when it comes to taking care of the environment and doing what is best for employees.
Pros
the people
Cons
location of headquarters is not ideal
Shipping Specialty Products
Sales clerk and stocking (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJuly 18, 2017
Pick and process products to be shipped out as specialty product
How important being precise is
I have great managers who treated me with respect
The work place culture was great because of the way the employees was treated
The hardest part of the job was learning how to be precise and very productive but I did a great job at both
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that I did my job to the very best of my ability and having the supervisors recognize it
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
We worked intil the last shippment was done and out the door
Great company, okay management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJuly 18, 2017
In my opinion there is one great manager, she was recently promoted from my understanding but she's easy to talk to and willing to offer a helping hand. One manager doesn't have an understanding of all of the store functions, and there's another who's to in your face. I only felt comfortable working with one manager, the rest I felt like I had to put on a poker face going to work every day. Horrible hours, have no idea why the permanent staff continues to work there. The coworkers I worked with were nice, took the time to train me correctly.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No breaks, snobby management
Steady paced job. Fun and learned alot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 16, 2017
This job was just a temporary job. My job was to make the customers feel welcomed, help with any questions that the customer need assistance with. Keeping a clean and neat environment. Going back together customers certain sizes or unloading boxes, climbing ladders etc.
fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brazil, IN AJuly 6, 2017
Good place to work. Good benefits. Good people to qork with. Above average pay rate. Really need to cut down on the drugs in the workplace though and eliminate all druggies.
nice..
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 5, 2017
The bosses and workers were all nice.. the pay was on track and this discount was the best part of the job on the down side you have to where there close. But they give u a lotment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timberland. Our community is ready to answer.