Timberland Employee Reviews

very productive, also good work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJFebruary 19, 2017
A typical day at work was that you would clock in when your shift started and then go right on the floor to help customers. When the store dies down my coworkers and I would refill the empty spots with shoes. At the end of the day we would clean the store by wiping down the windows and mirrors, taking out the trash and cleaning the floors. Some things I learned at the job was how to be a sales person and communicate with customers better. The workplace was a fun environment but we were still able to get the job done.
The management was great and willing to work with me and my schedule because I'm a full time student and I also run track. The hardest part of the job was trying to refill the store and help customers at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working along side my coworkers.
I loved working there.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAJanuary 28, 2017
A typical day of work: a lot of straightening up the store from all the costumers that came in.
What I learned: how to help all different types of costumers and how a clothing store is run.
Management: the management was amazing and I'm glad I got to work with them.
The hardest part of the job: trying to understand and help the travelers who spoke different languages.
The most enjoyable part of the job: the amazing people I worked with. There was never a dull moment.
Pros
free coffee and sometimes free food
Cons
Great place to work, good energy and a phenomenal team.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Working at Timberland equips one with tools of efficient social interaction and patient comprehension of clientele. My team is very dependable and together we work with and through any tasks or challenges because it all takes place in a space that only wants you to grow.
A good job full of learning expereriences
Yard Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2017
In a typical day I would print out layouts to give to the shop so they can begin assembling wall panels. I would also do scheduling for the shop. I learned about the production of wall panels and how to schedule better.
Cool people nice place to be
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 12, 2016
Been working for Timberland around 1 year now I went through 3 different store managers 2 of which I became close to and 1 who I only worked for, for about 3 months. One thing I can say is that it's a nice chill place to be the associates are cool and the management is laid back. Management on the other hand sometimes get too comfortable they start to get a bit lazy but when it comes to the get down they grind to do more than what they need to. Overall great company great people
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
People getting way too comfortable
Fun and easy work place
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYDecember 12, 2016
Love the people.easy job. I pick orders and clean I also make boxes and make Cart's.i really like working there at timberland.t he only bad thing is you don't get a nuff hours.
Fast pace work enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYNovember 12, 2016
The staff was friendly
A typical day consisted of assisting customers and answering phone calls
The hardest part of the job was being understaffed at a large location
Fun placee to work!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJOctober 3, 2016
Fun place to work! Kind and caring company to work for. They cared about the community and the people working for them. Lots of merchandise resets to keep you busy.
Loved how much different cultures shopped around.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2016
Helped a lot of different people, some talked English some spoke Portuguese. It was a challenge but i loved it the most. Did customer service, apparel, register, stock, and a lot more.
Pros
hard worker, energetic, really helpful.
Cons
only no one language.
Fun and energetic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 13, 2016
I enjoyed working with this company. The store i worked for felt like family to me. The company was always trying to grow and when we hit milestones everyone was congratulated. They make sure that the staff knows how to do pretty much everything and knows the product very well. And everyone wore the shoes so we knew the pros and cons from experience.
Great customer service job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYAugust 26, 2016
Great job to get to know the people you work with and learn new things about the products. Good to learn the register and money. My coworkers were very social and easy to work with.
Fun place to work with a great job culture
Store Manager and Visual merchandising lead MN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
Great place to start out, but not for an advanced retail management career. Organized and clear brand integrity. Supportive team members that are always willing to help.
Pros
Free shoes every 2 months & great culture.
Cons
Minimal room for advancement. Monotnous day to day
Timberland
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYAugust 3, 2016
Was great working with them and helped with developing my business/sales skills in the beginning. Overall it was a good experience.
Pros
the working environment and staff
Cons
N/A
Great team, supportive and very talented!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2016
I love this company! I was recruited by the store and area manager, which were two very passionate and motivated individuals, to become a part of a new store opening. There was so much support and effort put towards the quality of our team, and I can surely say I've learned so much working for this company. Daily operations consist of associate training, inventory control, merchandising and so on.
Pros
Great benefits, quality training, unlimited support
Cons
understaffed
Fun environment!
Store Manager and Visual merchandising lead MN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 24, 2016
Managed and lead a team of 10 while developing visual merchandising strategies. Drove sales through service and educating the customer on technology of product. Managed back office and inventory while developing team.
Pros
Green company with a fun concept.
Cons
Little room for growth.
I enjoyed working there it was a great job for me
Truck Driver - Hauled logs & chips (Former Employee) –  Taylor, LAJune 6, 2016
I enjoyed working there but I was fired due to the brakes went out on the truck I drove and I ran into the ditch to prevent hitting, which would cause me injury as well as damage the company property
Pros
OFF TIME WHEN RAINING
Cons
IF IT RAINED DUIRNG THE WEEK, THEN YOU WERE NOT LIKELY TO GET OVERTIME
fun workplace
sales associates / cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Always very busy and packed ive learned how to deal with customers on any type of level and it was a pretty easy to handle when it came to time my co workers where also very nice and the hardest part about my job was the 30 minute breaks because they went by so fast and lastly the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new customers from different countries every day
Pros
working in fun environment
Cons
short breaks
high paying, great starter job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 20, 2016
Works well with students
Bad management.
$9+ retail job.
Very easy at times. Very hectic during back to school and holiday times.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 20, 2016
Timberland was actually a fun place to work, I enjoyed working there. Co workers we're nice and accepting, the hardest part was managers expecting us to hover over customers. I enjoyed everything else.
Very fun, but also very nervewrecking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 11, 2016
Very fun associates. Management can be careless often, also very repetitive. not very flexible or understanding with schedules
Pros
Associates
Cons
ManagementManagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timberland. Our community is ready to answer.

88%