Timberland Employee Reviews

Great team, supportive and very talented!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2016
I love this company! I was recruited by the store and area manager, which were two very passionate and motivated individuals, to become a part of a new store opening. There was so much support and effort put towards the quality of our team, and I can surely say I've learned so much working for this company. Daily operations consist of associate training, inventory control, merchandising and so on.
Pros
Great benefits, quality training, unlimited support
Cons
understaffed
Cool people nice place to be
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 12, 2016
Been working for Timberland around 1 year now I went through 3 different store managers 2 of which I became close to and 1 who I only worked for, for about 3 months. One thing I can say is that it's a nice chill place to be the associates are cool and the management is laid back. Management on the other hand sometimes get too comfortable they start to get a bit lazy but when it comes to the get down they grind to do more than what they need to. Overall great company great people
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
People getting way too comfortable
I loved working there.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAJanuary 28, 2017
A typical day of work: a lot of straightening up the store from all the costumers that came in.
What I learned: how to help all different types of costumers and how a clothing store is run.
Management: the management was amazing and I'm glad I got to work with them.
The hardest part of the job: trying to understand and help the travelers who spoke different languages.
The most enjoyable part of the job: the amazing people I worked with. There was never a dull moment.
Pros
free coffee and sometimes free food
Cons
Fun place to work with a great job culture
Store Manager and Visual merchandising lead MN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
Great place to start out, but not for an advanced retail management career. Organized and clear brand integrity. Supportive team members that are always willing to help.
Pros
Free shoes every 2 months & great culture.
Cons
Minimal room for advancement. Monotnous day to day
It was a great company when it was privately owned.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2016
I loved the company. Some of the upper management were two faced and liked to twist your words around. If they did not like you they did what ever they could to make things difficult.
Pros
Great products at a discount. Well paid
Cons
New company took away some benefits. It came down to who like who and how they could save money.
Great place to work, good energy and a phenomenal team.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Working at Timberland equips one with tools of efficient social interaction and patient comprehension of clientele. My team is very dependable and together we work with and through any tasks or challenges because it all takes place in a space that only wants you to grow.
A good job full of learning expereriences
Yard Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2017
In a typical day I would print out layouts to give to the shop so they can begin assembling wall panels. I would also do scheduling for the shop. I learned about the production of wall panels and how to schedule better.
Fun and easy work place
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYDecember 12, 2016
Love the people.easy job. I pick orders and clean I also make boxes and make Cart's.i really like working there at timberland.t he only bad thing is you don't get a nuff hours.
Stockroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Timberland is a great company to work for. Good benefits and a overall good environment. Would recommend someone to work for the company especially coming out of high school.
Fun and energetic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 13, 2016
I enjoyed working with this company. The store i worked for felt like family to me. The company was always trying to grow and when we hit milestones everyone was congratulated. They make sure that the staff knows how to do pretty much everything and knows the product very well. And everyone wore the shoes so we knew the pros and cons from experience.
it was a pretty crowded and fast paced job.
packaging (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 14, 2015
it is a good job for someone looking for a starter job. they don't provide any benefits or anything unless hired full time whitch is very rare to get on. you don't get any pay raises no matter how long you work there and you get laid off very frequently
Pros
nice people
Cons
not going to get hired on
Great discount on their products (boots clothing, etc.). Awesome management and a professional work environment
Lead Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratham, NHJune 19, 2015
Timberland was my favorite company I have worked for. The work environment was always professional and extremely pleasant. The management was very respectable as well as my coworkers. The only reason I left the company was because I was concerned for my job since the company filed chapter 11 shortly after I started with the company.
Pros
Great work environment. Loved the people I worked with
Cons
Low salary in job security
Loved how much different cultures shopped around.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2016
Helped a lot of different people, some talked English some spoke Portuguese. It was a challenge but i loved it the most. Did customer service, apparel, register, stock, and a lot more.
Pros
hard worker, energetic, really helpful.
Cons
only no one language.
Fast pace work enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYNovember 12, 2016
The staff was friendly
A typical day consisted of assisting customers and answering phone calls
The hardest part of the job was being understaffed at a large location
Fun placee to work!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJOctober 3, 2016
Fun place to work! Kind and caring company to work for. They cared about the community and the people working for them. Lots of merchandise resets to keep you busy.
I enjoyed working there it was a great job for me
Truck Driver - Hauled logs & chips (Former Employee) –  Taylor, LAJune 6, 2016
I enjoyed working there but I was fired due to the brakes went out on the truck I drove and I ran into the ditch to prevent hitting, which would cause me injury as well as damage the company property
Pros
OFF TIME WHEN RAINING
Cons
IF IT RAINED DUIRNG THE WEEK, THEN YOU WERE NOT LIKELY TO GET OVERTIME
fun workplace
Ware House Worker (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 13, 2013
my typical day at work would be i get a pick list of what the stores needs,we box it up and bring it to the store.ive learned strong leadership builds character in which ive always known.the management team trys there very best to provide good customer service,and my co-workers are very hard workers in which we pull together to get things done.the hardest part of the job is that its frustrating sometimes that management dont make sense sometimes in the discisions they make.and last but not least,the most enjoyable part of my day is that i look forward to the people i work with.
Pros
the expericence
Cons
the benifits and hours
productive and fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 18, 2015
This company is very professional and humble at the same time. for a retail company the benefits are extremely rewarding. they provide product knowledge and training and it is very thorough. I enjoyed meeting so many wonderful people while working for Timberland company. They are very passionate about their product. I had the opportunity to work with them for 6 years and I worked my way from part time to management.
Great customer service job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYAugust 26, 2016
Great job to get to know the people you work with and learn new things about the products. Good to learn the register and money. My coworkers were very social and easy to work with.
First Class Selling Culture
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEMarch 13, 2014
Selling culture. That's what your mission at Timberland is. A first class store environment and excellent customer service make it the utmost experience for the customer. Building a loyalty to the brand one pair of work boots at a time.
If you didn't know how to sell, you were taught. Being approachable and knowing how to ask for the sale were key. Yes, restocking and cashiering were important as well, but customers were the number one priority.
Pros
Relaxed dress code, free shoes, great discount, excellent benefits package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timberland. Our community is ready to answer.

88%