Timberland Employee Reviews

Steady paced job. Fun and learned alot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 16, 2017
This job was just a temporary job. My job was to make the customers feel welcomed, help with any questions that the customer need assistance with. Keeping a clean and neat environment. Going back together customers certain sizes or unloading boxes, climbing ladders etc.
fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brazil, IN AJuly 6, 2017
Good place to work. Good benefits. Good people to qork with. Above average pay rate. Really need to cut down on the drugs in the workplace though and eliminate all druggies.
nice..
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 5, 2017
The bosses and workers were all nice.. the pay was on track and this discount was the best part of the job on the down side you have to where there close. But they give u a lotment
Timberland
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2017
I was at Timberland for about less than a month or so specifically for the Black Friday/Holiday sales weeks before falling ill with tonsillitis. Before then, i hadn't been there long nor had I been so sick before. I had to leave early one day due to having a high fever and almost passed out in the middle of said shift. The next two to three shifts I was forced to call out because I was unaware why I was sick at the time and did not want to get others sick.
Pros
50% off of products from Timberland and sister stores (Vans, North Pole, Nautica)
Productive fast pace work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 11, 2017
Good company to work for alot of coworkers there to work and get done with what has been put in front of us.Productive place working here with alot of different personalitys but a great place to work.
it's good.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2017
It's good, nothing special. I've worked here since January, can't rave it or put it down in either direction i'm just filling out the minimum to end this thing.
Very uneventful work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAJune 5, 2017
The hardest part of this job was trying to find things to do. Other than on Black Friday and the weekends, the job was very slow. My day consisted of greeting customers when they come in and helping them find what they needed. I would take down their personal information for our email list and check the out at the register. Other than straightening the store, there wasn't anything for me to do in between customers coming in.
Pros
Nice Co-Workers
Cons
No breaks unless you worked over 4 hours
Balanced work
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJune 1, 2017
Working at Timberland you were able to do different jobs so you wasn't stuck doing the same job all night. When you are picking orders, the shift goes by quickly.
I absolutely loved this job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 1, 2017
The best part of this job, in my opinion, is when the weekend rush used to come in. Time always flew and I always had fun helping customers and competing with co-workers. The managers definitely made things fun. At first thing were a bit unorganized but they got it all together eventually. Stores are always kept up and look very nice.They don't work for commission but it is still competitive.
Pros
great management and great work environment
Cons
short break times
The New Store Manager is Trash
Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 1, 2017
After a while I quit and never came back. They are always getting a new store manager. The bathrooms are nasty. The DM only promotes her favorites. They suck at doing displays. They dont have an eye for making the store unique.
Pros
discounts
Cons
everything
Horrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2017
Don't do it. Period. This job is horrible. You won't get any hours. They are very bias and you'll catch yourself working your butt off but if your not best friends with the manager just forget about it.
I enjoyed the customers more than co-workers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 8, 2017
Working for timberland was absolutely chaotic, I was always stressed out sometimes I would work 12 days in a row with no reward no acknowledgment of my hard work and no compensation. Management was terrible, they have no knowledge of the Washington labor law, no one was getting the proper breaks, and they still probably aren't. I'll put it like this I would rather be broke and destitute before I would go back to Timberland. Although I did meet some really nice customers, and everyday was not totally unbearable,
Pros
Cons
Not enough breaks, manamgment acted like high school girls, and there was an extreme amount of favortism.
Nice Job culture/environment but lack of training for newcomers
Seasonal PT Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCApril 28, 2017
When I started, I was briefly walked through the store for an hour or two and we were just put on the floor to stock. I had to learn everything from either watching other employees or asking. If you going to work there, beware of Black Friday for you will not have any breaks unless you are dying. Even for normal shifts you won't have any breaks so make sure you eat before your shift. The customer base were split between really nice people and snobby uptight ones so your shift could be difficult depending on how demanding they were. Overall nice experience but don't expect stability since they do labor cuts at the end of each season. Everyone is at risk of losing their job.
Pros
Good store discounts, Constantly busy
Cons
No Breaks or lunches, Job isn't guaranteed, Lack of training
timberland is a great company overall
Co-manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 9, 2017
timberland is again like a standard retail job where customer focus is key. But they train and treat the employees very fairly. they put a lot of focus on the employees training and being ready to deal with any customer situation.
Pros
employee discounts, work atmosphere
Cons
can only wear timberland merchandise
awesome crew
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 29, 2017
- Great co-workers
- holiday season is the toughest time
- great team to be apart of
- most enjoyable coming to work everyday
- great working with different ethnic backgrounds
Pros
great crew
Cons
store closed
Great People, work-life balance, and benefits
Product Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stratham, NHMarch 28, 2017
The people are amazing, and management is great. They reall promote a good work-life balance, and are all about promoting within. I have nothing bad to say about this company.
Pros
People, Culture
Cons
Healthcare
Excellent managerial staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 27, 2017
The managerial staff at Timberland was very caring and understanding, though the hours of work weren't enough. I was very happy working with such a dedicated team.
Forklift/Shipping/Packing
Forklift/Shipping/Packing (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 27, 2017
Used RF scanner to pull products off shelves to be processed
Loaded and unloaded trucks and completed packaging quality checks on material
Transferred material to and from production areas using forklift
Pros
good job
Great Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 13, 2017
Timberland was a great work experience as i learned to communicate and assist customers on specific needs. I learned how to organize merchandise and keep a friendly upbeat attitude all the time.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
very productive, also good work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJFebruary 19, 2017
A typical day at work was that you would clock in when your shift started and then go right on the floor to help customers. When the store dies down my coworkers and I would refill the empty spots with shoes. At the end of the day we would clean the store by wiping down the windows and mirrors, taking out the trash and cleaning the floors. Some things I learned at the job was how to be a sales person and communicate with customers better. The workplace was a fun environment but we were still able to get the job done.
The management was great and willing to work with me and my schedule because I'm a full time student and I also run track. The hardest part of the job was trying to refill the store and help customers at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working along side my coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timberland. Our community is ready to answer.