Timberlawn Mental Health System

Timberlawn Mental Health System Employer Reviews

Opportunities available for advancement
Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 13, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: hospital politics
Consistent work opportunities with diverse clientele to implement various techniques and skills learned. Environment with co-workers can sometimes become tense with social differences that can interrupt the effectiveness as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job can be client interaction or interacting with staff to help treat a client.
Poor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2014
Was retaliated by DON for mentioning contacting the State of Texas regarding my concerns regarding patient and staff safety.
It was a great place to work and get a true experience of working with psychiatric patients.
Unit Therapist/Treatment Planning Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2013
A typical day at work started with facilitating a group, charting about the group in each patients chart(remember it was the 90's) and facilitation of other various groups. I also would carry a small caseload of patients that I did individual counseling with. I learned a great deal about treating truely mentally ill patients, discharge planning and – more... teaching coping skills in order to be better functioning. My co-workers were extremely supportive and allowed a new grad school graduate to access their vast knowledge and experience in this arena. The hardest part of the job was seeing the patients repeat visits to the facility, although it is a part of the culture in psych, it is nonetheless hard to see. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a patient really get a concept and move toward understanding and ultimately change, that's always the best part! – less
HARD WORK , LITTLE PAY
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2013
Cons: often no breaks, and then they want to write you up
THE JOB REQUIRES PHYSICAL AND MENTAL STRENGTH AS THEY BOTH WILL BE TESTED. THE NURSING STAFF DONT FEEL AS THEY HAVE TO HELP WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN MEDS, EVEN WHEN THERE IS AN OUT OF CONTROL PATIENT. HOWEVER I ENJOYED WORKING WITH THE CHILDREN MOST OF THE TIME.
Crisis mobile counselor job
Mobile crisis counselor (Former Employee), Timberlawn hospitalMay 14, 2013
Wow--I thought this would be a good addition to my current retirement venture, boy was I wrong. Poor management, horrid system full of papers and systems that are out of date. Still trying to get paid for work I did last month. I am done!
Bad Career
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 11, 2012
This is the worst place to work, dont get hurt on the job and have to be off work, they will fire you for no reason.