TimberTech Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Stressful, over complicated and messy business
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMarch 3, 2016
Too many mandatory hours and days in a row. Not enough appreciation or respect. Entirely unstable work environment and no true break times.
Ok place for temporary job
Line operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OhioSeptember 2, 2015
Timbertech needs some help. They lack management that gives a hoot about the employees on the factory floor. Constantly coming up with new rules which make no sense and making it very clear that if you dont work in management or somewhere upstairs, you dont matter. They make millions of dollars yet can not afford proper equipment for us to get our job done. The time off is nice as we only work about 15 days a month but 12 hr days are hard in the blistering heat. Overall I would not recommend this as a job for any long period of time.
Pros
Days off
Cons
12 hour days, management is all about that $$$, hot in the factory
labor (Former Employee) –  laborNovember 7, 2014
I would work 12 hrs. shifts. Goto the line that I was assign for and help the operater and pull boards, chechicking the boards for damage and color. Stack the boards on the units, get so many bards, stack the rest on the table and rap the unit and set for the next unit. and keep going.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
shorts breaks
Every Job I have had was a great learning experince.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 5, 2014
Working with all kind of company's i have learned that really its all the same. When it comes to customer service that it.
i like my what my job is not the politcal aspects
tool and die technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJune 8, 2014
I have learned a lot about manufacturing components in nearly every aspect from the people to the machines and hardware. The hardest part of my job is the lack of leadership and communication which in where I work I need to know a lot of things ahead of time to better prepare for my daily functions as a die technician where I need to be ahead of the curve.
very clean and safe place to work
Extrusion Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 30, 2013
I run two lines that extrude a wood composite deck board I do quality checks ever 2 hours checking for defects if their are defects I troubleshoot the problems which usually involves changing heat profile or line speed if problem cannot be fixed line will be shut down and I will have to clean die and put back together and started up again management and my co workers are one in the same we all help each other out whatever our title may be hardest part of the job is trying not to get complacent its 12 hours a work day and if the lines are running good theres really not a whole lot to do but clean the most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers we have became a sort of family we laugh and joke around see each other outside of work
Pros
good pay, clean place, overtime always availible
Cons
healthcare, plant shutting down
Would love to get back in the door!
Shipping Receiving/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 4, 2013
Loved this job you only work half the year! rotating shift every other weekend off!
overall
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJanuary 14, 2013
Was a good company to work for , learned alot from this job had good coworkers
good place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJanuary 8, 2013
I liked the job there
learned alot
co workers was good
i liked the company
Solid Company to work For. Cares about it's people.
Production Supervisor/ now Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHOctober 25, 2012
I work 7am - 3 pm. I have learned to create annual budgets totaling over $2MM, and control spending costs as it relates to production needs. I am activley involved with Continueous Improvement and have implented changes to save the company over $125(k) annually. I partner with several different managements teams including Plant Manager, Engineering Director, and Maintenance Manager as well as others. The hardest part of my job is usally in the 4th quarter when I spend weeks putting together the projected budget for next year. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of implementing new ideas to save the company money and add profit dollars to the bottom line.
Pros
autonomous job position that allows me to work on cost saving ideas.
Cons
healthcare is not the greatest and is expensive.
Great work environment
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 28, 2012
The ability to communicate well with others helped me to surpass my work performance beyond expectations. Great management, great co-workers therefore work environment was always pleasant and enjoyable.
Very good place to work
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 23, 2012
8-5 with 1 hour lunch. Very structured organization. Management is as other places, easy to talk to and want the best you can give. Hardest part of the job was doing so many things with so little help. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the employees.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
too much work for one person in many departments
Values oriented workplace with a focus on internal advancement.
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioFebruary 16, 2012
Timbertech can be a great place to work. Some of the entry level production jobs can be stressful at times, but all employees strive to make this a friendly place to work. The office areas are clean and organized. This company has a focus on recycling including a sealed loop cooling systems in production to reduce the amount of water used. All of the products manufactured are able to be ground up and added to the raw materials which greatly reduces their landfill contribution.
Pros
profit sharing, (401)k, health dental and vision insurance, reimbursement for required safety equipment, night shift differential, tuition reimbursement
Cons
12 hour shifts, hot production environment