Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Atlanta, GA
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Senior Accountant serves as a senior member of the accounting staff. He/she has direct responsibility for proper accounting of managed funds, prepare quarterly and year-end reports, and assist in the quarterly valuation of portfolio assets. Ensure that internal controls and policies in financial reporting mechanisms prevent inaccuracies in accounting statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and prepare general ledger activities for the accurate and timely dissemination of portfolio reports.
- Prepare financial sections of quarterly and annual reports to investors for assigned funds.
- Examine the activities of accounts payable, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, cash control.
- Verify accounts receivable processes to ensure the accurate and timely management of all receivables’ aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.
- Assure corporate income tax and property tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income/property tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company's value.
- Document accounting and business processes through the use of procedures, flowcharts, and exhibits.
- Cross train and serve as a backup to activity for key accounting processes during peak workloads and absences of other personnel.
- Work with external CPA’s during quarterly reviews and year-end audits by preparing work papers and analyses, responding to questions, and reviewing/proofing statement drafts
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, field personnel (consultants, property managers, data managers, etc.) management, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Skilled in the full accounting cycle, from voucher processing and journal entries to preparation of financial statements.
- Working knowledge of real estate investments and partnership accounting.
- Detailed oriented, organized, willing to be hands-on.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction.
- Precise communicator
- Sensitive to deadlines and flexibility in schedule to meet them.
- Proficient in computers and spreadsheets (hardware and software).
- Forward looking business attitude and perspective toward incremental improvements of procedures.
- Excel, Microsoft Dynamics (Solomon)
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Current CPA or actively pursuing
- Knowledge of financial modeling and budgeting
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years accounting managerial experience, with a mixture of public accounting and private industry preferred
- Must pass background checks customary for an SEC registered investment advisor
Physical Demands and Environment:
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- On occasion there may be a need to move or lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- No travel required.
Benefits and Amenities:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan
- Upscale office environment
- On-site fitness center and café
- Office kitchen with complimentary beverages and snacks
We are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status, or other protected status covered by federal, state, or local law.
Indeed - 23 months ago