TIMCO Aviation

TIMCO Aviation Employer Reviews

Timco has taken a wrong turn some where, in my opinion.
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee), Lake City, FLApril 22, 2014
Pros: very little incentive
Cons: very little incentive programs.
Timco Aviation is a company that sell man hours to the aircraft maintenance industry. I have learned that like most companies in this field individualism is reduced to a number. Management has probed the field of making money to the point that it actually hurts the production process.
wouldn't recommend anyone!
stores (Current Employee), GreensboroApril 14, 2014
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: no advancements, raises, poor management
It can get racist sometimes. The men are rude and disrespectful. Management lie lie lie all the time. No growth for the people who are working always being in an outsider for someone in and you have to train your/another departments lead how to do the job they were hired for but you have been doing for months and even applyed for. But its always they – more... have more years experience. Experience right but the have to be trained by you and get paid more. Told if you want more money go to a new position but how when no one gets promoted. If your supervisor don't want you to leave he will tell the other supervisor they can't have you there goes ur chances of advancing. Not raises and the bonus if so small its really a slap in the face... Sucks – less
productive workplace
Mod Crew/Structures Mechanic (Former Employee), Lake City, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: gained a lot of knowledge and treated well
Cons: advancement rate and pay wasnt good
I enjoyed working at timco aviation and i learned a lot they were very helpful I only left this company for higher pay. I proggressed every day working here.
productive and enjoy work
Structural Mechanic (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 5, 2013
excellence, great work envirment, but some time send home because no work available.
Performed C checks on B737, B757, B767, A319, A320, and A321.
A & P Mechanic (Former Employee), Macon, GADecember 3, 2013
Enjoyed working at Timco Aviation for a year and a half on Boeings and Airbus aircraft.
The abiltiy to take a plane apart and put it back together was facinating.
Aviation Technician (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCOctober 8, 2013
Take parts out of the plane to refurbish them and secure them back into the plane.
Fun and Great people
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Macon, GASeptember 2, 2013
Fun place too work people and workers where great to work with. Very fast paced job had to be an your toes and ready to work
Inconsistent work
Production Controller (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 28, 2013
Ask anyone who works at TIMCO, you can expect to work there for about 2 years before being laid off. It's just the way they operate.
overall good place to work
Aviation Welder & Ground Support Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 16, 2013
Pros: some times had cook-outs
Cons: 10 min breaks and have to walk a way for restrooms and breakrooms
Need to keep up with the bonus program for the people on the floor as they do with the management. Hardest part of the job is looking up repairs on something you've never done and then getting permission to alter if it didn't all fit the plan.
Don't get a job in this s*** hole!!!!
A&P mechanic (Current Employee), Lake city flJune 21, 2013
Its management is the "good old boys club" .. if you are not in the club your not going anywhere. Good work is payed by more work and credit only goes to the top. If you are a good worker or a bad worker is a subjective evaluation by the "good old boys" ; one bad and all good work is errased.
Underpay, u will never get a raise , long gaps, rude and – more... unprofessional ppl!!! – less

Bummer – June 30, 2013

good old boys club is alive and well, most leads only have a repairmens certificate. Good place to loose your Airframe and Powerplant license.Management fails to self disclose reportable items to Federal Aviation Administration, need i say more! Stay Away,Far Far Away!!!!!

Timco is the Place to work
Aircraft powerplant mechanic (Current Employee), Lake City, FLJune 9, 2013
Pros: no rush on the job
Cons: breaks are too short.
Working on aircrafts is very exciting, we repair and improve aircrafts to make them safe and airworthy. we meet daily to be breifed about our job cards and assignments then we obtain parts needed for the task. Leads are always around to give a hand and help with ideas and mannuals printouts. the best part about this job is the crew stick together and – more... help one another. we know it is a hard job because we have to concentrate on our work and make sure everything is done according to mannuals and FAA regulations.This job taught me about a real team work and how important it is and how it makes our job easier. – less

Bummer – July 4, 2013

The only place i know where the General Manager and Engineer have no degree's to speak of. When it comes to the leads they are never around to supervise the unlicensed mechanics(Too busy watching youtube video's in the store room) .Lied to from the word go! no room for advancement or growth. There are some good mechanics, but they wont be staying long!!!

Fun place at times
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 28, 2013
Pros: enjoyable place to work
Cons: hot
Enjoyed working with American West Airlines. Great group of people.
No advancement
Cabin Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 1, 2013
Pros: easy job
Cons: low pay
Lack of communication, promises not fulfilled. We would finish work in 3 hours, have nothing else to do.
Challenging
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 22, 2013
Shift work was challenging. The work was a great transition back into aviation.
horrible place to work.
aircraft maintenence Technician (Former Employee), macon, gaMarch 14, 2013
Cons: terrible work schedule. no holidays. pay sucks.
micro managed. I was victim of bait and switch when I accepted the job. they care nothing about the employees. double standards for direct employees vs contractors. go contractor if considering a job there.
very busy dealing with contracts
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZMarch 14, 2013
making sure all details of each contract was completed on each air craft
Revenue analyst lake city fl
Revenue analyst (Former Employee), Lake city flFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: job
Cons: micro mgmt, hateful environment
Mgmt didn't care about the employees, had accounting/admin/purchasing offices in hanger that was VERY noisy and not very condusive for a business environment. Lay offs quite often. Not a secure place to work. Very unrespectful.
Great experience
Heavy C&D checks on aircraft (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: i was able to do good work till i was injured
Cons: management sucked
My lead was of no help and had no knowledge of the aircraft.Management was the worst including the woman who ran HR.
People are not Helpful, games are always being played
Parts Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 13, 2012
My day at Timco was full of none helpfulness from others.
I learned how to use Fedx shipping soft ware to ship part out.
Management was always playful silly and racis
The hardest thing part of this job was not recieving help when I needed it.
There was no enjoyable moments at Timco.
Heavy Maintenance Facility
A&P Mechanic with Structures experiance (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 25, 2012
Pros: aeroplane work
Cons: lacking in professional respect for an a&p licensed technician.
Typical MRO with a mixture of Licensed and non licensed workers paying as little as possible to stay competitive. No pay scale. Each year brings a new compensation cut.
Over the years has changed from an international mixture of workers to less foriegners and more locals.