TIMCO Employee Reviews

People were great and learned a lot
Log Buyer/Scaler (Former Employee) –  Center Barnstead, NHFebruary 5, 2018
When I started I scaled logs and ran front end loader and log loader. After three years management could see that I could adapt and learn to train scalers,purchase logs and to handle payroll.
Pros
Company vehicle, health and dental insurance, Matching 401k benifts
Cons
Winter was long and cold
Heavy Aircraft Maintenance
Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLNovember 2, 2017
I enjoyed the on the job training I received while employed there. The team I work with was made of people who were willing to lend a hand and work with the new guys to get them up to speed.
Every day was different.
Warehouse and Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Buchanan, NYOctober 12, 2017
I am a well organized person. Even though I would plan out
the next days activity, I would have to adjust to changes and requests of our customers.
My department functioned very well because they were trained to handle anything that would come up on a daily basis.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Sometimes could be hectic.
Great place to work.
Inventory Control Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working at TIMCO. That had given me to many job responsibilities where others in my position only had one as to where I had 3. Great employees, good atmosphere.
Pros
Fun Place to Work
Cons
Wish the work load was not so heavy
Steady place to work
Production Planning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 16, 2017
Good place to work. Employees are geat.Good place to work and gain valuable experience. a lot of the employees start at Timco and when they gain aicraft experience they apply for jobs somewhere else.
Pros
cookouts
Cons
pay
Work was challenge and ran at stady pace.
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 28, 2017
The people at TIMCO / HAECO were all skilled personal who worked for a common goal, the betterment of the company and product on which you worked. It was a pleasure to go to work every day and meet the challenge of your job.
Pros
The people you worked with were always professionals and make you feel needed.
Cons
Maybe a pay scale put in place.
Working with aircraft , gave me a good feeling about doing a job that is very inportant
Direct mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 9, 2017
Had my health remained good I would still be there. I can not be around jet fuel due to lungs copd. I liked having the feeling of knowing if you did your job well, fewer accidents happened and more lives could be saved, They gave enough time to rest in between jobs.A rested mind gives a job well done.
My co-workers worked well together, we were like a family. We made the worst day turn out to be one of the better days. We grieved together,prayed, played together, shared holidays, births, and even deaths together. All around like I said , we were family.
Pros
holiday pay, sick leave, picnics
Cons
working in the hot and cold weather
Learned alot
Controller (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJune 7, 2017
The people I worked with were great. I was able to gain a great deal of Aviation skills. The only downfall was to see so many lay offs. The management could have been better.
One of the worst places to work
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 14, 2017
Do yourself a favor and find another place to work. The pay is not even the standard for the aviation industry. Plenty of rules and regulations for the mechanics, but no system in place to keep the team leaders and upper management in check.
Pros
Great working environment and team spirit.
Controller (Current Employee) –  Buchanan, NYMay 8, 2017
President of company always available and open to ideas. Leading manufacturer of engineered plastic parts for construction industry. Profitable 50+ year old company located close to my home.
Pros
Owner does not micro manage
not a bad place to work
Aircraft interiors Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLApril 30, 2017
work here was stressful but there where good people that worked with you on the floor and that made the difference, I would work for them again and hopefuly less stress
Interesting place to work
Heavy Maintenance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 26, 2017
one day you're working on United airlines, next day UPS, next day Continental Airlines or Southwest Airlines. Never boring, varied greatly every day Benefits were pretty good.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Not stable, a lot of lay offs
Good
Lay down operator and run casing (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 25, 2016
That is good company they give us lay off but I still looking for job I like working to much but so please give me the job I really need to work thanks for everything
Under staffed & Exhausting.
Tool Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, LAAugust 2, 2016
Overall the experience at Timco Services Inc. was decent & I am grateful for the opportunity. The company was a small business compared to competitors and very under staffed, yet tight knit.
Pros
Over-time
Cons
Short Breaks
Was the best company
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  texasJuly 24, 2016
loved my job wish they never sold out would of retired from this job lots of hrs and over time everyone got along good everyone got along great place to start and end
Pros
all pros
Timco job review
Shipping and recieving specialist (Former Employee) –  Buchanan, NYJune 21, 2016
Timco's management team seems to promote a hostile work environment and ignores safe conflict resolution practice.
It should also be noted that in a warehouse where safety is key they do not follow proper safety procedure for most of there equipment
Cons
low wages, no advancement, hostile managment
company was small when I worked there
Quality Manager & Inspector (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXJune 7, 2016
Owner favored manufacturing over Quality control making Quality a difficult position with regards to customer engineering due to pore quality due to defects.
Pros
it was in Brookshire texas
Cons
rough work condition enviroment
Good company
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMarch 26, 2016
This company was a great learning experience and offered many opportunities. The owners were a part of day to day operations and was very involved.
Pros
Schedule was great
Cons
Bought out by a larger company
Management is amazingly accommodating, truly a team environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILMarch 17, 2016
The only negative is the lack of room for advancement and the pay scale, both of which are common issues in small companies.

The company culture is relatively relaxed and everyone works toward the same goals of client satisfaction and support.
Pros
amazing management team, relaxed culture, extras (occasional free lunch, snacks, etc.), it's really a family environment
Cons
Pay, no room to advance
Setting appointments for fundraising. Mostly for schools.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYMarch 11, 2016
Typical day at this job was answering and taking messages. Also, setting appointments to meet with school organizations to plan fundraisers for the school. I learned to keep making calls. The more calls and setting up appointments with the schools the better chances of getting their business. The hardest part of this job was peak season in the Fall and Spring of the year very hectic in keeping product in stock. The most enjoyable part was seeing the different organizations doing a fundraiser had met their goal.
Pros
working from home
Cons
seasonal job